Jesus Camp - HOLY ****! - Page 3 - PbNation
Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

 
Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 09-30-2006, 04:30 PM #43
Ghostfire (Banned)
 
Ghostfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
I've lived in several. Miami, NYC, Houston and Austin.
Ghostfire is offline  
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-30-2006, 05:35 PM #44
agentdowell
It is inevitable!
 
agentdowell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: The Matrix
agentdowell is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
So what do you mean by you moved to 'the city'? Which one is 'the' city?
__________________
Turbulance Nexus Dcut------------------------www.wearecdr.com
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."
- Galileo Galilei
"Only thing knowledge I have gained from this thread is that agentdowell is kicking everyones ***."
- tonysk83
"BYAHHHH!!! Agentdowell owns this thread now!"
- I love Impulses
Look past the flesh. Look through the soft gelatin of these dull cow eyes and see your enemy.
agentdowell is offline  
Old 09-30-2006, 07:32 PM #45
Ghostfire (Banned)
 
Ghostfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by agentdowell
So what do you mean by you moved to 'the city'? Which one is 'the' city?
It means I lived in the suburbs as a teenager. Then I moved out of the rich, predominantly white and jew neighborhood and into the city. The city being Miami in this case, a mixture of crackers, cubans, and blacks. I bet most of the kids in this video live in neighborhoods like this: A Warzone indeed.



Anyways, the part of the trailer where it shows children convulsing on the floor is awesome. Apparently, when Jesus takes over your body, you have crazy siezures. I'll take two!
Ghostfire is offline  
Old 09-30-2006, 08:28 PM #46
XOne (Banned)
 
XOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: [-Frisco 415-]
Allegory Of The Cave....
XOne is offline  
Old 09-30-2006, 08:32 PM #47
agentdowell
It is inevitable!
 
agentdowell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: The Matrix
agentdowell is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by XOne
Allegory Of The Cave....
Word.
__________________
Turbulance Nexus Dcut------------------------www.wearecdr.com
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."
- Galileo Galilei
"Only thing knowledge I have gained from this thread is that agentdowell is kicking everyones ***."
- tonysk83
"BYAHHHH!!! Agentdowell owns this thread now!"
- I love Impulses
Look past the flesh. Look through the soft gelatin of these dull cow eyes and see your enemy.
agentdowell is offline  
Old 09-30-2006, 09:03 PM #48
Indi86
Welcome to Monkey Island
 
Indi86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Ithaca, NY
 has been a member for 10 years
Being able to speak in tongues would be sort of cool. A nice handy way to scare people off.
__________________
SUNY OSWEGO PAINTBALL
Indi86 is offline  
Old 09-30-2006, 09:57 PM #49
jcon217
 
 
jcon217's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: htown
Wasn't there already a thread on this? Well i'll post what I think again...From a christian standpoint church camp at that age should not be that emotional. It's like they are making them become christian in the wrong way. Almost like brainwashing. To become a christian it should be up to that individual. When those fat old women speak all I hear is "hey become christian and god will give you lots of candy!" I mean cmon, they are 5 years old and they are talking to them like they are 15-25+ years of age. I remember my church camp days...swimming, playing baseball, getting in shaving cream fights, eating nasty food, and then singing some fun songs about god and jesus and all of that jazz, but instead of crying like the little 6 year olds are who don't even know what they were crying or having seizures about, I was smiling and laughing. Because it was fun. Did I understand it all back then? No, but I knew about it. Moses sailed in a great big boat, Jesus died for me, God loves me no matter what, etc. It didn't hit me to know what a christian was until middle school. Then it didn't hit me again till high school. It's kind of like the lady is Hitler brainwashing her own people. Is what she is saying true? Yes mostly. But is it right? Is it the right way to preach to 5 year olds? IMHO - no.

/rant

edit-
Quote:
But I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt, maybe they are having a connection with God that we can't understand. But I'll tell you one thing, my parents wouldn't feel too comfortable sending me to that kind of camp and I wouldn't either.
qft, I agree

Last edited by jcon217 : 09-30-2006 at 10:00 PM.
jcon217 is offline  
Old 09-30-2006, 10:02 PM #50
caseytmev3 (Banned)
 
caseytmev3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=co1_9lR9EpM

Wow, what the ****. The George Bush thing makes no sense to me, and has no place with the church. Also, how can those kids really have such strong opinions on abortion, most of them probably don't even understand exactly what all it involves.
caseytmev3 is offline  
Old 09-30-2006, 10:03 PM #51
MurderDeathKill
# Pissed Off Today: 2
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcon217
Wasn't there already a thread on this? Well i'll post what I think again...From a christian standpoint church camp at that age should not be that emotional. It's like they are making them become christian in the wrong way. Almost like brainwashing. To become a christian it should be up to that individual. When those fat old women speak all I hear is "hey become christian and god will give you lots of candy!" I mean cmon, they are 5 years old and they are talking to them like they are 15-25+ years of age. I remember my church camp days...swimming, playing baseball, getting in shaving cream fights, eating nasty food, and then singing some fun songs about god and jesus and all of that jazz, but instead of crying like the little 6 year olds are who don't even know what they were crying or having seizures about, I was smiling and laughing. Because it was fun. Did I understand it all back then? No, but I knew about it. Moses sailed in a great big boat, Jesus died for me, God loves me no matter what, etc. It didn't hit me to know what a christian was until middle school. Then it didn't hit me again till high school. It's kind of like the lady is Hitler brainwashing her own people. Is what she is saying true? Yes mostly. But is it right? Is it the right way to preach to 5 year olds? IMHO - no.

/rant

edit-

qft, I agree

You QFTed while I was QFTing you. Nice.

I think worse things have happened... hell, I've seen kids get that excited at Cub Scout Camp talking about campfire rituals of the Iriquois. Regardless.... well, let's just leave it at "I QFTed jcon for a reason."
__________________
wow, I haven't been here in AGES. My sig sucks.
MurderDeathKill is offline  
Old 10-01-2006, 12:38 AM #52
maul3r
Lux Aeterna
 
maul3r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Utah
Wow, that movie left me speechless. I really dont know what to say after watching that. I will say however that the reason this kind of stuff happens is because organized religions know that their chances are better of having a loyal member increase many fold when children are tought and constantly surrounded by religion from a young age. This is 100 percent true. This next part may or may not be true. My opinion on why organized religions do this is: organized religions want money and power like almost all of the organizations in the world. What is better than millions of people who believe everything you tell them? The answer is millions of people following you blindly and giving you money without a doubt. This is why I believe organized religions "brainwash" or constantly flood children with religious propoganda; The organized religions know that if they can create a lifelong member from a very young age, they will have control over their lives and their money.

I have found that the methods organized religions use are Very effective. Growing up in Utah as a Mormon, i know all about how religions incribe things on the mental slates of children. For example, the religion that i spent a majority of my child going to(pretty obvious) started us off very young with religious classes from the age of 3-4. Then, we are tought to believe that the Mormon god is the only true god and that every other god is a false god. We sang songs about how we were going to be loyal missionaries for the Mormon church, we were encouraged to get up in sacrement meetings and basicly recite how we knew the Mormon faith to be the true word of god. There are too many activities the Mormon chuch uses to "brainwash" a childs memory to be listed. Basicly, i have found this technique works very, very, very well and that is why organized religions (Mormanism for example) use it.

Continuing my childhood experience. After being constantly flooded with religion night and day 24/7, you are brought up to the idea of tithing, fast offerings, and donations. We were tought that if you did not pay your tithing, you were directly robbing god. Most children after 7-8 years of hearing almost nothing else but that religion will pay 10% (that is how much a mormon tithe is) plus other donations of their money without questioning. The cycle never ends, those children will soon start to educate their children about the same religion, and so forth. No one really ever questions if that religion could be false, because they were brought up to know that it was true. This in my mind is exactly why organized religions use that tactic of starting off young.

Sorry if i got a little off topic, but i felt like i have had some experiances of with religious education from a young age. Great thread dread.
__________________
"The words of truth are always paradoxical."
- Lao Tzu

Last edited by maul3r : 10-01-2006 at 12:43 AM.
maul3r is offline  
Old 10-01-2006, 01:30 AM #53
jcon217
 
 
jcon217's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: htown
Quote:
Originally Posted by maul3r
Wow, that movie left me speechless. I really dont know what to say after watching that. I will say however that the reason this kind of stuff happens is because organized religions know that their chances are better of having a loyal member increase many fold when children are tought and constantly surrounded by religion from a young age. This is 100 percent true. This next part may or may not be true. My opinion on why organized religions do this is: organized religions want money and power like almost all of the organizations in the world. What is better than millions of people who believe everything you tell them? The answer is millions of people following you blindly and giving you money without a doubt. This is why I believe organized religions "brainwash" or constantly flood children with religious propoganda; The organized religions know that if they can create a lifelong member from a very young age, they will have control over their lives and their money.
Do you honestly think that those fat old women are that enthusiastic and motivated for the money? I think they are just flat out crazy. And this is the most extreme "brainwashing" if you wanna call it that i've ever seen personally.
jcon217 is offline  
Old 10-01-2006, 01:54 AM #54
someone stole jesus
 
 
someone stole jesus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: ATL
 has been a member for 10 years
People won't take this seriously until these kids turn into the next Eric Robert Rudolphs.
someone stole jesus is offline  
Old 10-01-2006, 02:03 AM #55
DONTgetOWNED
Stop, HAMMER TIME!
 
DONTgetOWNED's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Mesa, AZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcon217
Wasn't there already a thread on this? Well i'll post what I think again...From a christian standpoint church camp at that age should not be that emotional. It's like they are making them become christian in the wrong way. Almost like brainwashing. To become a christian it should be up to that individual. When those fat old women speak all I hear is "hey become christian and god will give you lots of candy!" I mean cmon, they are 5 years old and they are talking to them like they are 15-25+ years of age. I remember my church camp days...swimming, playing baseball, getting in shaving cream fights, eating nasty food, and then singing some fun songs about god and jesus and all of that jazz, but instead of crying like the little 6 year olds are who don't even know what they were crying or having seizures about, I was smiling and laughing. Because it was fun. Did I understand it all back then? No, but I knew about it. Moses sailed in a great big boat, Jesus died for me, God loves me no matter what, etc. It didn't hit me to know what a christian was until middle school. Then it didn't hit me again till high school. It's kind of like the lady is Hitler brainwashing her own people. Is what she is saying true? Yes mostly. But is it right? Is it the right way to preach to 5 year olds? IMHO - no.
Exactly. I remeber it being "Jesus loves the little children" now its like "Love Jesus or you're going straight to hell." WTF is wrong with these people. They're kids, they shouldn't spend every waking moment worrying (sp?) about going to hell. It kinda reminds me of the time of the crusades, where everyones every thought was about getting into heaven. Honestly to me it seems like were headed for another dark ages.
__________________
Italian ballers club #39
PBnation on Radio- Team Dodgy 6/22/06
DONTgetOWNED is offline  
Old 10-01-2006, 02:43 AM #56
Hero
Stashy Pow Brah
 
Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Macomb, IL
Hero is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Hero plays in the PSP
Hero plays in the APPA D4 division
Ok,
I could write this big long thing about how since Bush has come into office, that the whole "seperation of church and state" has gone out the window. I could also complain that religious views destroy this country on a daily basis, But thats not what this thread is about.
The Video is down right disturbing. She compares her religious views to that of Muslims/Hindus/Jews. Almost as if she is about to hold her own holy war as if these CHILDREN'S lives are expendable. She makes me sick personally. She wants her camp to teach these kids to die for their beliefs like " Seeing them radically laying down their lives for the gospel, as they are over in Pakistan, in Israel, and Palestine"

These Kids have no idea what bush has done, or even the difference between republicans or democrats...Why are they praying to a False Idol (george W)?? Looks like they are going to Hell already..They break one commandment.
They are being taught to Die or kill for their beliefs...Thou shalt not kill. Breaking another commandment.

Finally, Do these kids have an opinion not made up by an adult and placed into their head? I mean does a kid understand abortion and its circumstances at that age? What do those kids believe defines "life"? Do they even know how to make babies?

****! This lady is leading a mass of blind sheep into a War they have no idea what its about.
I got a Great ****ING Idea. How about you choose OLDER, more Aware soldiers for your holy war. People who have made up their minds on what religion they want. People who have sat down and fully believe in your religion...Not some kid that hasn't researched the flaws in your bible or your preachings.
This just makes me sick...And sad. If 1 kid dies from this crazy hag I probably go on my own crusade to track her down.
Hero is offline  
Old 10-01-2006, 02:53 AM #57
jcon217
 
 
jcon217's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: htown
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hero

****! This lady is leading a mass of blind sheep into a
I got a Great ****ING Idea. How about you choose OLDER, more Aware soldiers for your holy war. People who have made up their minds on what religion they want. People who have sat down and fully believe in your religion...Not some kid that hasn't researched the flaws in your bible or your preachings.
QFT, agreed
jcon217 is offline  
Old 10-01-2006, 04:11 AM #58
agentdowell
It is inevitable!
 
agentdowell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: The Matrix
agentdowell is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hero
If 1 kid dies from this crazy hag I probably go on my own crusade to track her down.
REEGULATOOOOOORS! Mount up.

I am so down for martyring that twat.
__________________
Turbulance Nexus Dcut------------------------www.wearecdr.com
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."
- Galileo Galilei
"Only thing knowledge I have gained from this thread is that agentdowell is kicking everyones ***."
- tonysk83
"BYAHHHH!!! Agentdowell owns this thread now!"
- I love Impulses
Look past the flesh. Look through the soft gelatin of these dull cow eyes and see your enemy.
agentdowell is offline  
Old 10-01-2006, 08:32 AM #59
MurderDeathKill
# Pissed Off Today: 2
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Quote:
I could write this big long thing about how since Bush has come into office, that the whole "seperation of church and state" has gone out the window. I could also complain that religious views destroy this country on a daily basis, But thats not what this thread is about.
Further evidence in support of the scientific theory that *everything* negative in America will be attributed to George Bush at some point. Hurricane Katrina? Bush's fault. OPEC Price spike? Bush's fault. Jean Grey and Cyclops dying in X-Men 3? Bush's fault.

GOd damn it.


Quote:
I am so down for martyring that twat.
w00t.
__________________
wow, I haven't been here in AGES. My sig sucks.
MurderDeathKill is offline  
Old 10-01-2006, 09:55 AM #60
مرتكب جريمة
This will kill the human.
 
مرتكب جريمة's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
These people are minority. You shouldn't give 2 ****s about this, people like this have been around forever in all religions. If you think this is something new, you are dead wrong.
__________________
***Note: No, I obviously didn't die. Stop PMing me. You know who you guys are.***

لا إله إلا الله محمد رسول الله
In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful. I swear by the early hours of the day, and the night when it covers with darkness. Your Lord has not forsaken you, nor has he become displeased, and surely what comes after is better for you than that which has gone before.

مرتكب جريمة is offline  
Old 10-01-2006, 10:59 AM #61
maul3r
Lux Aeterna
 
maul3r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Utah
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcon217
Do you honestly think that those fat old women are that enthusiastic and motivated for the money? I think they are just flat out crazy. And this is the most extreme "brainwashing" if you wanna call it that i've ever seen personally.
Yeah lol, the fat old women are flat out crazy and over zealous........but I believe they are just being used as tools by officials in organized religions without ever knowing it to draw in and persuade members
__________________
"The words of truth are always paradoxical."
- Lao Tzu
maul3r is offline  
Old 10-01-2006, 01:31 PM #62
Ford
☻♦♣b
 
Ford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Austin 49
Ford is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by someone stole jesus
People won't take this seriously until these kids turn into the next Eric Robert Rudolphs.
yup
__________________
"Originally posted by Bronk0
Everyone put something in your sig about it...

like PORN THREAD 10/24/04: I was there.
"
Ford is offline  
Old 10-01-2006, 01:52 PM #63
Ghostfire (Banned)
 
Ghostfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
I'd like to hear x_paints thoughts on this.
Ghostfire is offline  
 




Posting Rules
Forum Jump