Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 09-28-2006, 05:16 PM #1
NicholasPostoloff

NicholasPostoloff is a Supporting Member
NicholasPostoloff owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
NTX Full Write Up W/Pictures (Including SFT & Ball Detents) 56K Go Eat a Twix

First off let me say this has been brought to you by...

If anyone gets on here drinkin' that hatoraid get out now.

Now the NXT right out of the box is hawt. As far as looks I believe it far out does the STF, but that could be because I've owned a STF for two years now, and getting old of the same old look. The NXT's milling flows from the front to the back. It's very nice. The marker feels really nice in your hands. Break beam eyes was due, and they work very nice. Very nice eye logic. The snatch grip is possible to use, but I'm not sure if it's applicable in a game or not. The marker feels really solid without any issues. I shot half a hopper and one pod though the marker, and the accuracy was not what I thought it would be. I believe the marker needs to be adjusted, because I did turn down the operating pressure, and it came back a little bit. The paint is the other issue. I'm shooting 'rainbow' that's been sitting in a cold garage for almost a week. It's VERY brittle; however, I only broke one ball, and that was a barrel break for sure. The small hump in the back of the grip frame has a very nice feeling. Trigger is hawt as well. With some fine tuning I'm sure it will be fast. Very snappy, but also very light. Something only my NME can achieve.

Ratings. Personal opinion. 10's are VERY hard for me to give.
Milling- 10/10
Recharge- Appeared 9/10
Trigger- 9/10
Feedneck- 6/10
Feeling- 10/10
Trigger Frame- 10/10 (large enough to get in three fingers... maybe not used to it)
Overall- 9/10

The NXT Shocker goes above and beyond the STF. There's no doubt that this will be a very high seller for Smart Parts, and you will be seeing one at your field soon.

Issues- For one I don't like the feedneck. It would be good if I had my hopper, but the Hybrid shells broke (again). I'm using a buddy's unsanded halo, and I'm going to have to remove both o-rings. It will fit in there tight still though. The NXT appeared to be having some sort of issue, but I believe I fixed it. When I shot it around the fourth shot the bolt would not shoot. I had to shut off the air, then turn it back on and shoot another four. Once this happened I took out the bolt, lubed it, and put it back in. It still did it, but eventually stopped and I shot the pod of paint with no issue. I believe (just like my STF out of the box) I had lube up the marker from the factory. My third, and last, complaint is about the on/off. It is very hard to turn, but once again like my STF it will probably be easier the more I use it.

Honestly I would give this marker a 10/10 overall but no marker deserves that. It's simply amazing.

PICTURE TIME!

Out of the Box

STF/NXT

STF on top of NXT

NXT on top of STF

Side By Side

Ball Detent

Ball Detents Compared. As you can see it's pretty much the same, just all internal on the NXT. As a side note the foam below the screw on the NXT ball detent holds in that screw, and pushes down on the vision strip.

I put on Hybrid grips and a freak back. Made the marker look VERY sharp.

Last edited by NicholasPostoloff : 09-30-2006 at 01:42 AM.
Old 09-28-2006, 05:21 PM #2
mo0op

STF?

mo0op & CorkscrewGayson - Proud founders of "Damn. That sucks." & "Krispy Kreme ftmfw!"

Xbox Live: mo0op PbN
Old 09-28-2006, 05:26 PM #3
NicholasPostoloff

Yeah... the old SFT Shockers with a mental person typing turn out to be STF Shockers. Didn't you know that? Lol. Thanks though. I'll go back through and change it.

Peace,
~Posty~
Old 09-28-2006, 05:33 PM #4
KingTomis

has been a member for 10 years
KingTomis supports our troops
Your saying a unsanded halo didnt fit in the feedneck?

Mine went right down in and with a little pushing went past the 2nd oring and hold the halo very nicely. I acutally liked the feedneck and figure it to be the alst thing that I would replace.
Old 09-28-2006, 05:36 PM #5
NicholasPostoloff

Hmmm... I don't know. I just tried again. This time I removed both o-rings, and it is very tight, but holds nice. Will not go anywhere. That's odd though that the outter diameter of the hopper or the inner diameter of the feedneck would be different. Not sure.

~Posty~
Old 09-28-2006, 05:44 PM #6
sjreg1

sjreg1 is a Supporting Member
Nice job, Posty. I've been aching to see the eye cover/detent design. Don't think I'll be leaving my hybrid, but I'd love to mess around with an NXT.

Last edited by sjreg1 : 09-28-2006 at 05:49 PM.
Old 09-28-2006, 05:50 PM #7
Jasarii
Warped Army

Jasarii is a Supporting Member
Jasarii owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Thanks for the info
Old 09-28-2006, 05:57 PM #8
NicholasPostoloff

I know a lot of people have been wanting to see the ball detents. I imagined them being somewhat like the Intimidator line of markers, but it's not. It's basically like the SFT's but built in. Still a spring loaded ball. I'm not sure what happenes if they blow out, but it doesn't feel like they could. The NXT almost reminds me of a single tube Dye marker due to the milling. It has no feeling of an Ion at all.

Peace,
~Posty~
Old 09-28-2006, 06:13 PM #9
myshockerownsu
search button=friend

Good Review and enjoyed the pics.
my shocker
Dynasty fan # 241
Semper Paratus
Events&vents club #45
Old 09-28-2006, 06:14 PM #10
THe PRofessional
Eddie

Thanks for the pictures. Good review
Old 09-28-2006, 06:17 PM #11
myshockerownsu
search button=friend

SP made a new gun but still has the same old box.
my shocker
Dynasty fan # 241
Semper Paratus
Events&vents club #45
Old 09-28-2006, 06:18 PM #12
NicholasPostoloff

Thanks guys. I should mention that the SFT's body size compared to the NXT's was about the same. It's kind of hard to tell from the pictures, but they are pretty much matched up. The only parts difference is the trigger frame and the snatch grip. The part to keep in mind is my SFT had the 15 degree angle on the reg so it does stick out unlike stock. I know I hated the stock regulator location because it was hard for me to hold it and have it feel nice. The NXT defintally does not have that issue.

Yes it's the same box. I found that pretty funny. I'll bet that they will make a new box, but with it being new they are using the old Shocker box. The Ion boxes were different when they first came out too. They used foam and now some plastic almost velvet material. I don't know what to call it. I have two Shocker boxes now... yay. Another funny thing (which realize happens) is that my manual is actually just something like the PDF file that you could download and print off. It's stapled together. By the way... serial number is 0124. That's my lowest one yet.

Last edited by NicholasPostoloff : 09-28-2006 at 06:22 PM.
Old 09-28-2006, 06:47 PM #13
krezvani
I like to use 2 fingers

great review dude ... that helps alot
can you take a side by side pic of the SFT & NXT eye covers
and a pic of one on top the other
thanks

VIVA LA PRESS

Last edited by krezvani : 09-28-2006 at 06:52 PM.
Old 09-28-2006, 07:10 PM #14
NicholasPostoloff

I will add those at the top later if I have time before work. I work at 11pm so if they are not on by then wait until morning and I'll get it.

~Posty~

BTW glad it helped. I figured this would help a lot of people that are debating between the SFT and NXT.
Old 09-28-2006, 07:30 PM #15
pbWRANGLER
Strange

pbWRANGLER is a Supporting Member
Good Review- But did you have one ball brake before or after you lowered your pressure. Silver looks good. I'm getting a red one from Punishers hopefully soon I hope.

Last edited by pbWRANGLER : 09-28-2006 at 08:57 PM.
Old 09-28-2006, 08:16 PM #16
YimSta
J Yim

Arggg i really want one but i dont think its much worth it over a stock sft shocker. Geez is it sexy though.
Old 09-28-2006, 08:51 PM #17
IntenseImage
Death Dealer

IntenseImage is playing at Living Legends III
Someone needs to buy my Shocker ASAP ... Im dyin to get one of these
Old 09-28-2006, 09:09 PM #18
bloogle18
bro chill mcdudeskavitch

i cant wait.

AXBL
MXL
Burlington Blaze #8
Old 09-28-2006, 09:10 PM #19
NicholasPostoloff

I had the ball break after I lowered the pressure. The paintballs were sitting in my car (which sits out at night in 45 degree weather), and it was very cheap paint. I honestly expected to break more than that, but I didn't.

The difference between the SFT and NXT is not huge, but defintally there. The break beam eyes are a very nice addition, and the way you adjust the trigger is much better too.

I like red, but I just couldn't wait. I knew with the Ions SP made black first, so I figured the colors would be harder to get, and wanted my Shocker now.

IntenseImage I would defintally pick one of these up... anyone for the matter I would defintally pick one up. These are going to be a hot seller hands down, and I look foward to seeing them all over the fields.

I took it to my buddies house who owned a dark Shocker, and owns several different markers, and he was very impressed. I like saying (sort of) that they remind me of a mini DM series marker as far as the milling, and the way the break beam eyes are set up. Another thing about the eye cover is how the screw is. The slot is milled out larger at the bottom, and as you can see there's a piece of foam in the slot. This ensures that when you take off the eye cover you will not lose that small screw. It must be pushed down and out. I was reading the manual and apparently you can take out the trigger without removing the whole grip frame (which is a big improvement from before). The simplicity of the body, minimal amount of screws, and overall design of the marker make this one of the best markers I've owned.

Let's hope this weekend I mow some muppets with it and have great things to say about over the chronograph, and the overall performance of the marker.

Peace,
~Posty~

BTW the pictures will be up at 9ish am tomorrow due to the fact I have to go and pack envelopes in a box for eight hours, lol. Request any pictures that you would like to see, and they will be taken.
Old 09-28-2006, 09:34 PM #20
Ydna
timetraveler

Ydna is a Moderator
Ydna is a Supporting Member
Ydna is BST Trusted
There have 50 bazillion old boxes lying around...they're not just going to throw them out!

As told by Stobaeus
...someone who had begun to learn geometry with Euclid, when he had learnt the first theorem, asked Euclid "What shall I get by learning these things?" Euclid called his slave and said "Give him threepence since he must make gain out of what he learns".
Old 09-28-2006, 10:14 PM #21
puha
i need some smack bird

puha owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
puha supports Pev's Paintball
puha plays in the APPA D4 division
Nice review, NXT's are def looking nice. Not enough of a difference though to vouche for me selling my SFT and spending an extra $200+ for a new NXT...especially when my SFT is fully upgraded.

SP basically fixed the few of the small "glitches" of the SFT shocker but nothing major or earth shaking was done.