PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-25-2006, 10:08 PM #1
miami_x_baller07

miami_x_baller07 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Arrow SFT vs. NXT FAQ & information thread

(Ydna) I am making this the unoffical Shocker NXT question thread. Look here if you have a question comparing the Shocker models, compatability, or other information.
==================================================

Manual for download: http://www.smartparts.com/Manuals/Shocker_NXT.pdf
Scanned images can be downloaded off this page: http://www.zdspb.com/tech/misc/manuals.html

==================================================

From Rich of punisherspb.com:
Ok this is a little info on some of the questions that have been buzzing around about upgrades and compatibility of 06' SFT parts to 07' NXT parts. I will update it as I get all the information.
This info comes directly from Punisherspb.com and they got it from one of the engineers at Smart Parts and the Manager of the Tech department at Smart Parts. The first part is a brief summary of compatibility to allow you to quickly browse through to see what works and doesn’t work.

SFT vs. NXT Compatible Parts list.
INTERNAL PARTS: All internals are exactly the same. This is everything from the solenoid, wiring harness, bolt guide to the orings. The one exception is the HE bolt is now stock in all NXT shockers. All manufacturers of HE bolts will work in both the SFT and the NXT as well as stock bolts from the SFT.
Q-LOCK: There are completely new threads on the NXT. The thread is much larger (thicker) so it holds better. The NXT will have its own Feedneck and Smart Parts expects to have them out real quick. I’m sure other companies will do the same.
SFT Q-lock will not work on the NXT.
NXT Q-lock will not work on the SFT.
FRAME:
The SFT frame will work on the NXT.
The NXT frame will work on the SFT.
ASA:
The SFT ASAs will work on the new NXT body.
The NXT ASAs will not work on the SFT bodies.
TRIGGERS:
The SFT Triggers will NOT work on the NXT grip frame.
The NXT trigger will NOT work on the SFT grip frame.
BALL DETENTS:
SFT Ball detents will NOT work on the NXT.
NXT ball detents will NOT work on the SFT.
ELECTRONIC BOARDS:
They are explained in the letter below.

Shocker NXT Frequently Asked Questions:
September 22, 2006
Smart Parts, Inc.
1-800-922-2247
www.SmartParts.com

Is this the ’07 Shocker? – No, this is the Shocker NXT. Our product development cycles at Smart Parts are not dictated by marketing schedules or calendars. We believe that equipment counts. Because of that, we want our customers to know that when they see the Smart Parts logo, they are getting the best value possible – more features, more reliability, and more performance per dollar. To do that, we release a new product when it is ready, rather than just cranking out a paintgun with a year label, cosmetic changes and incompatible parts designed to encourage players to buy a replacement marker every winter. The Shocker NXT was born out of feature requests from professional paintball players who depend on the Shocker, and from our service technicians who work with players at all levels of the game from pro to first timers. This information was fed to our design and engineering teams – some of whom are active tournament and or scenario players, and some who are able to bring a fresh perspective from unrelated industrial design experience. Various feature components hit the field in prototype and team gun production form for heavy abuse from our sponsored teams. When everything came together, proven and synchronized, the time came to unveil the Shocker NXT.

The Shocker NXT has breakbeam eyes – why does the manual mention reflective eyes? – Most maintenance and operation procedures in the Shocker NXT manual can be applied to the Shocker NXT, Shocker SFT (which uses reflective Vision) or private label Shockers with some NXT components. Players choosing to install an older aftermarket circuit board which does not support break-beam Vision will need to switch their Shocker NXT over to use reflective eyes.

Does the Shocker NXT use the Ion Regulator? – Almost, but not exactly. When we designed the Ion vertical regulator, we developed an efficient structure that provided a greater flow volume and better consistency than any of our previous vertical regulators. The Shocker NXT vertical regulator is built around the same design, with a spring spacer to allow for a slightly different pressure range, an integrated velocity locking screw for tournament legal operation and a friction washer that allows its body to include decorative milling that aligns with the Shocker NXT body.

What parts of the Shocker NXT are backwards compatible? – Most of the major systems – the vertical regulator, the body, the grip frame and the bolt assembly are interchangeable between the Shocker NXT and Shocker SFT, meaning that many aftermarket parts are plug-and-play ready for the Shocker NXT. Some specific combinations are worth noting:
· A newer, more rugged threading standard connects the Shocker NXT with its feedneck.
· The Shocker NXT body works with either reflective or break-beam Vision eyes, however break-beam eyes are not compatible with earlier Shocker SFT bodies.
· Shocker NXT and Blackheart circuit boards manufactured after August 2006 are compatible with break-beam or reflective Vision, earlier boards only support reflective eyes.
· The four-point adjustable Shocker NXT trigger is not compatible with the Shocker SFT grip frame. Similarly Shocker SFT and most aftermarket Shocker SFT triggers will not operate or adjust properly in the Shocker NXT grip frame.
· If the Shocker SFT vertical regulator is installed in an SFT vertical adapter combined with a Shocker NXT grip frame, the trigger guard may get in the way of the regulator’s hose fitting during assembly. Removing the trigger frame, installing the regulator, and then reinstalling the trigger frame will allow these components to be used together.

Why does the Shocker NXT use the same barrel threads as the Impulse and Ion? – The great thing about standards is that everyone has them. With this latest generation of the Shocker design, we saw the opportunity to unite all of the Smart Parts paintball markers with the same thread specification. The same barrels and Freak backs will work on the Shocker NXT, Nerve, Impulse, Ion and SP-8.

=================================================

NXT frequently asked questions http://www.zdspb.com/tech/mguide/shockernxt/faq.html
Seen there are many questions that I have come across when leading to the NXT Shocker. There are also some older "general" questions that pertain to all 03+ Shocker models. Additional details about compatability and other information can be found there. Ask if you have questions.

=================================================

Shocker NXT reviews http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1789399
www.ionowners.com
www.smartpartsowners.com

Last edited by Ydna : 10-04-2006 at 11:04 PM.
miami_x_baller07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-25-2006, 10:13 PM #2
mo0op

Actually, that did help me alot

Man, looks like companies have to make new shocker triggers..

mo0op & CorkscrewGayson - Proud founders of "Damn. That sucks." & "Krispy Kreme ftmfw!"

Xbox Live: mo0op PbN
mo0op is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 11:27 PM #3
StrangeBalla55
bamcis

StrangeBalla55 donated to help Peyton Trent
StrangeBalla55 supports Sherwood Forest
You mean can a NXT frame fit on a SFT body and vise versa?

ShockerOG
DEEP SEA

or DEATH
StrangeBalla55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 12:32 AM #4
OA paintball
Matt Ragsdale

OA paintball plays in the APPA beginner division
Lol can you please mention the NXT Nerve boards have instant on. I cant get over the fact it has instant on lol. Sorry jsut a pet peeve.

Good job though... WOOT!

Also, if you already have your NXT'd gun. Can you post which holes in the triggers do what? (post travel, pre travel, activation point, tension) Becasue when i get my Tremor Shocker sunday first thing im doing is sdjusting the trigger.

Hole
1.?
2.?
3.?
4.?
PJ's and no shirt; smoke weed eat yogurt.
OA paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 01:10 AM #5
blueeyes

SFT vs NXT

can we install NXT inline regulator to SFT 05 dynasty Shocker?
blueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 01:32 AM #6
froggy_newb
We are agents of the free

Quote:
Originally Posted by OA paintball
Lol can you please mention the NXT Nerve boards have instant on. I cant get over the fact it has instant on lol. Sorry jsut a pet peeve.

Good job though... WOOT!

Also, if you already have your NXT'd gun. Can you post which holes in the triggers do what? (post travel, pre travel, activation point, tension) Becasue when i get my Tremor Shocker sunday first thing im doing is sdjusting the trigger.

Hole
1.?
2.?
3.?
4.?
maybe the elevation the pin has on the micro switch?
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueeyes
can we install NXT inline regulator to SFT 05 dynasty Shocker?
yes.
Old 09-26-2006, 07:51 AM #7
IntenseImage
Death Dealer

IntenseImage is playing at Living Legends III
That is my ideal setup ... NXT body with Dark SFT frame and Hybrid 15*

O and he lies the NXT vertical adapter CAN be used on an SFT body -- you just need to drill and tap a hole
Old 09-26-2006, 11:02 AM #8
Ydna
timetraveler

Ydna is a Moderator
Ydna is a Supporting Member
Ydna is BST Trusted
He's talking drop-in only. People dont' like to drill their stuff.

Stuck...

As told by Stobaeus
...someone who had begun to learn geometry with Euclid, when he had learnt the first theorem, asked Euclid "What shall I get by learning these things?" Euclid called his slave and said "Give him threepence since he must make gain out of what he learns".
Ydna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 11:34 AM #9
Ion crazy

My detents in my ND shocker are pretty much gone, what detents can i put in there place, can i just pop in the old style detents?
Ion crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 03:35 PM #10
shawn61 (Banned)

do u no if they changed the weight in them, n this is a stupid ? but wat modes duz the stock board come with
shawn61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 07:06 PM #11
myshockerownsu
search button=friend

Board is Nerve so same as Shocker have now.
The NXT is one ounce heavier. Get liftin.
my shocker
Dynasty fan # 241
Semper Paratus
Events&vents club #45
myshockerownsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 08:24 PM #12
RunANDshoot
Stuff dreams are made of

Is the trigger going to be rev. polarity?

(Ydna) Answer is no, they use springs instead of magnets now.

Last edited by Ydna : 10-04-2006 at 02:38 PM.
RunANDshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 08:34 PM #13
mibon616

is the feedneck like the stock ion feedneck when they first came out??? also when SP comes out with the feedneck will become standard on the NXT???

My Feedback
mibon616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 08:53 PM #14
OA paintball
Matt Ragsdale

OA paintball plays in the APPA beginner division
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunANDshoot
Is the trigger going to be rev. polarity?
Its a spring return now i beleive.

But the tremor feels like regualr polarity, but the RL ND Evil and NXT are all spring return.
PJ's and no shirt; smoke weed eat yogurt.

Last edited by OA paintball : 09-26-2006 at 09:02 PM.
OA paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 11:19 PM #15
miami_x_baller07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ydna
He's talking drop-in only. People dont' like to drill their stuff.

Stuck...
Thanks for clearing that up.
www.ionowners.com
www.smartpartsowners.com
Old 09-26-2006, 11:20 PM #16
miami_x_baller07

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibon616
is the feedneck like the stock ion feedneck when they first came out??? also when SP comes out with the feedneck will become standard on the NXT???
They were never a stock Ion feedneck and Yes they will now be the standard NXT feedneck.
www.ionowners.com
www.smartpartsowners.com
Old 09-26-2006, 11:25 PM #17
miami_x_baller07

Quote:
Originally Posted by OA paintball

Good job though... WOOT!

Hole
1.?
2.?
3.?
4.?
Those are the actual features of the new NXT. I can list all those but they are on every website that sells them. This thread is to show compatibility of parts for the NXT and the SFT.
www.ionowners.com
www.smartpartsowners.com
Old 09-26-2006, 11:27 PM #18
StrangeBalla55
bamcis

StrangeBalla55 donated to help Peyton Trent
StrangeBalla55 supports Sherwood Forest
Just wondering, I know that the NXT detents wont fit in a SFT, but can I get a pic if the inside if you have one?

ShockerOG
DEEP SEA

or DEATH
StrangeBalla55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 03:57 AM #19
The_Tank
Playing in Paradise

Is there info if the Tadao Dynasty Board will fit in and accept the break beam eyes?

Team Paradise Connection
visit: Paintball Paradise

proud Member of Seniorenclub-Paintball
The_Tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 06:58 AM #20
nastyballer
(((o)))

nastyballer has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ion crazy
My detents in my ND shocker are pretty much gone, what detents can i put in there place, can i just pop in the old style detents?
No you will have to call smartparts and order a pair of two of nxt detents because who knows how long it will take for companies to start producing nxt style parts (asa, feedneck, trigger, and detents)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Tank
Is there info if the Tadao Dynasty Board will fit in and accept the break beam eyes?
Right now it is only virtue, nox, and the new predator board. Tadao has not updated their coding yet but I am sure that they are working on it.
nastyballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 11:13 AM #21
mibon616

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_x_baller07
They were never a stock Ion feedneck and Yes they will now be the standard NXT feedneck.
When the ion first came out it had a feedneck that used orings and didn't work really well with halos unless you took out 2 of the orings. is that the feedneck that is on the nxt right now??? also when you say "and Yes they will now be the standard NXT feedneck" are you saying that the new feedneck that SP makes(not the one on there right now that uses oring) will be the standard??

My Feedback
mibon616 is offline   Reply With Quote