PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 09-25-2006, 09:22 AM #1
Omegaoveride
{NePaM}RobMan41

Angry Horrible Chop

I don't know if anyone else has had this problem or its just my settings or just because I recently got the gun and have only had about 5 hrs of field testing to get everything straight but I am havin wicked horrible chop.

Everything is stock so far, its on PSP Ramp capped @ 15. The dwell is set at 8and psi is about 280-300 only shootin at about 245-250 fps. I have a Halo TSA and have been messin with the settings to see if it helps, the timout is about 10, motor timing is set to the max spin, and motor speed is at Medium.

I still chop when I get going... couple people at the field came by cause they noticed my problems durin the game, they complimented me on ropes I was sendin out but tried to aid me in stoppin the chop. we went through a couple settings, stripped cleaned up the eyes and detents, but still chopped when I tried to shoot at a constant speed then short burts. Finally everyone came up with the solution for me to slow down with the trigger, it helped out but I am still angry about the chopping when I try to get up there.

Any help with this will be greatly appreciated.

-2005 ICD Promaster all in Black: JJ Ceramic 14in barrel, Black DeadOn Bullit Drop, Black Polished Coat DYE Macroline, Polished 90* fittings, Smoke Empire B2 Loader, CCM No/Rise, PMI 68ci/4500psi Carbon fiber, Dye Rhino Tank cover and more to come...

CO-Captain of Southwestern CT's New England Paintball Militia
New England Paintball Militia
Old 09-25-2006, 09:28 AM #2
SupraCocker

You need a faster hopper. Even the eggy won't work well on a PM, espcially on ramping. A tsa has no chance. Only use capped semi until you get a faster hopper. As far a low velocity, set the hpr to 250psi and set the Lpr as described in the manual, see if that helps.
Old 09-25-2006, 09:32 AM #3
fAllout_oMen
@CREAM1N

fAllout_oMen donated to help Peyton Trent
fAllout_oMen helped look for balloons
fAllout_oMen is an NCPA player
A halo tsa will not keep up w/ 15 bps ramping. My egg w/ paddle mod barely keeps up.

Upgrade your loader.
Old 09-25-2006, 10:17 AM #4
Omegaoveride
{NePaM}RobMan41

iight thanks guys. I just took the hopper off of my spyder, thinkin I could get away with it. Funny that no one else on the field who seemed to feel like they were "pros" could have had the idea that the hopper was too slow.

Good deal tho, now I don't feel so bad anymore, anyone have any recommendations?

-2005 ICD Promaster all in Black: JJ Ceramic 14in barrel, Black DeadOn Bullit Drop, Black Polished Coat DYE Macroline, Polished 90* fittings, Smoke Empire B2 Loader, CCM No/Rise, PMI 68ci/4500psi Carbon fiber, Dye Rhino Tank cover and more to come...

Old 09-25-2006, 10:18 AM #5
SupraCocker

Halo, empire, velocity, q-loader- take your pick.
Old 09-25-2006, 10:23 AM #6
God4Hire

lol a camo pm with q-loader, i might have to do that and go tear up the local woodsball guys.
Old 09-25-2006, 01:00 PM #7
ijiti
rocking the PM overseas!

actually my egg is doing a pretty good job of keeping up wit my pm.. i havent tried it on uncapped ramping yet, but on capped ramping, my stock egg hasnt chopped yet.. i think i may have goteen a good one..

Black Promaster - Stock for the moment
Viewloader eVlution II
Dye Throttle 45/45
Old 09-25-2006, 01:20 PM #8
~$PL4T~
New York Vendetta

i got my eggy on my PM with semi unlimited and i don't chop...msut jsut be the ramp factor
NDZ Clamping Lowrise Feedneck
NDZ Wave Roller Trigger
Centerflag Rail
Stock ASA
14'' All-American Barrel
Old 09-25-2006, 01:25 PM #9
Madpooh
1-800-mad-pooh

Annual Supporting Member
Madpooh is a Moderator
Madpooh is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Madpooh plays in the USPL
Madpooh donated to help Peyton Trent
Madpooh supports our troops
Older Promasters, the eye settings were in delayed eye mode. It'll shoot 3/4 second later when you pull the trigger whether there is a ball in the chamber or not. But with the new Promasters i see they are in forced mode. Which doesn't shoot until the eyes blocked by a ball. It could also be your paint.
Old 09-25-2006, 01:29 PM #10
bobide
That's No Zaku Boy

bobide supports Cereal Killerz 2
bobide is an NCPA player
bobide plays in the APPA D5 division
still there is the question of why the gun doesn't slow down and use it's eyes to stop chops. Sure you can't get 15bps w/ that loader, but you shouldn't get chops.

Pooh, that's interesting, i didn't know they changed the eye mode.
Old 09-25-2006, 02:28 PM #11
snoboarder8232 (Banned)

snoboarder8232 is a Supporting Member
How did you set your lpr?
Old 09-25-2006, 02:31 PM #12
bballryand316
Custom Projects are fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madpooh
Older Promasters, the eye settings were in delayed eye mode. It'll shoot 3/4 second later when you pull the trigger whether there is a ball in the chamber or not. But with the new Promasters i see they are in forced mode. Which doesn't shoot until the eyes blocked by a ball. It could also be your paint.
How do you know which you have?

And @ Jake, get a vlocity.
Old 09-25-2006, 03:03 PM #13
bobide
That's No Zaku Boy

bobide supports Cereal Killerz 2
bobide is an NCPA player
bobide plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by bballryand316

um, try and shoot your gun with no paint. If it's delayed, the shot will happen about a second later. If it's forced eyes then it won't fire till the beam breaks.
Old 09-25-2006, 04:15 PM #14
Omegaoveride
{NePaM}RobMan41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madpooh
Well I did just get the Promaster and Saturday was my first field test. It could quite well be the paint since it was a brand I never heard of, Orion I believe, it was the paint the field had for the day. I'll see what happens next time, I'll prolly get some paint and try it on my own soon.

Last edited by Omegaoveride : 09-25-2006 at 04:20 PM.
Old 09-26-2006, 12:53 PM #15
chikanWing

try replacing ur battery. ive heard about a lot of pms choppin when the batts low...
Old 09-26-2006, 02:11 PM #16
snoboarder8232 (Banned)

snoboarder8232 is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoboarder8232
How did you set your lpr?
?
Old 09-26-2006, 02:53 PM #17
sumorai
FRENCHIE

Annual Supporting Member
sumorai is a Mega Moderator
sumorai is a Supporting Member
sumorai plays in the PSP
sumorai is playing at Living Legends VII
sumorai supports our troops
sumorai has perfected Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
The only times I've chopped with my ProMaster have been either the last ball in a Halo (gets slung down the feed tube and bounces) or because my LPR was way too high. Try turning down the LPR.

NEPb - Simonized - Inception Designs - Destructive Customs - Clockwork Clothing - Feedback: Old New - Stuff for sale

I am not a MacDev tech. Please do not PM me about their products. Click here instead
Old 09-26-2006, 06:33 PM #18
Omegaoveride
{NePaM}RobMan41

Quote:
Originally Posted by chikanWing
try replacing ur battery. ive heard about a lot of pms choppin when the batts low...
It was a fresh battery, I purchase a new one everytime before I hit the field. Might be over kill, but I usually end up playing for 6+ hrs on the days I go anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumorai
The only times I've chopped with my ProMaster have been either the last ball in a Halo (gets slung down the feed tube and bounces) or because my LPR was way too high. Try turning down the LPR.
I turned the LPR down to the point where the bolt started retreating foward and then back up slightly until I was able to cycle efficently. (Probably around 90psi)

So far I don't know what the problem could be. I'm still tweakin around with things. I'm currently investing in a new Empire B2. So I'll see how that goes.

Old 09-26-2006, 06:42 PM #19
fAllout_oMen
@CREAM1N

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballryand316

mmm yeah...i see you remebered my name. I'm actually gonna buy a halo, i cant afford a vlocity right now, unless this one i'm bidding on ebay goes through and i win the auction, then i'll have a vlocity. But if i'm buying a loader then definatly a halo. Black w/ rip drive
Old 09-26-2006, 06:43 PM #20
fAllout_oMen
@CREAM1N

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumorai
Thats why you reload before you are empty, which you should be doing anyways.