PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 09-24-2006, 11:17 PM #1
Crash09

Detionator Reg (cheap?)

Why are Detonator regs so cheap? They sell them for 25 bucks on ebay while a cp still costs 59. Why is this?
Is there some problem with the Detonators that makes it that cheap?

Could someone shed some light on this subject?

Thanks.

R3 with Delron Bolt, Detinator reg, QEV, Evil On/off, Delron tear Drop Valve Seal, Tboarded, Odyssey 5pc barrel kit

CRASH.
Maybe its better to Burn up then to fade away. Or you can just play paint ball instead of lighting yourself on fire.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-24-2006, 11:57 PM #2
zombiesid1
Fearless

zombiesid1 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
zombiesid1 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
they're heavier than the CP?
Old 09-25-2006, 02:20 AM #3
kszyszkowski

My guess would be also 'weight hunting'. I have Detonator on my Pimp and after it was broken in it shoots maximum +- 2 fps on the chrono. For me it is fine and its weight does not bother me at all.

KrisS aka KSzyszkowski

Black/Red G3 SE + Vlocity + Dangerous Power 14 inch + STAKO + Pure Energy 850 PSI
BLACK PIMP + BOSS' DETENT MOD + HIBRID LPR VERD KIT + ST FEEDNECK + VLOCITY + PIPE KIT
AGD TAC-ONE
Old 09-25-2006, 03:46 AM #4
Flip-side
No Charge For Awesomeness

Detonators are cheap because they:
1.) Only come in one color, black.
2.) Are heavier and not as pretty as other regs.
3.) Were not especially popular until Omen and Pimp owners moved on to new markers, yet put their old detonator on their new gun. Like how the detonator is super popular with Promaster owners now.
Old 09-25-2006, 11:18 PM #5
ladysmanfelpz

I have had bad quality with them. Both me and my friends broke. We were doing everything right, and shooting it about every quarter turn when adjusting it, but I started getting horrible consistency like +- 25 fps. His completed stopped working. I played a few games, and then randomly it just stopped shooting. I put a new reg on and the pimp worked great. I think the dets are kind of sketchy to me. I got a cp now.

My New Feedback
Old 09-26-2006, 05:52 AM #6
Crash09

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladysmanfelpz
I have had bad quality with them. Both me and my friends broke. We were doing everything right, and shooting it about every quarter turn when adjusting it, but I started getting horrible consistency like +- 25 fps. His completed stopped working. I played a few games, and then randomly it just stopped shooting. I put a new reg on and the pimp worked great. I think the dets are kind of sketchy to me. I got a cp now.

Can anyone confirm this type of thing happening or is this more or less a fluke?
Any opinions or experiences?

R3 with Delron Bolt, Detinator reg, QEV, Evil On/off, Delron tear Drop Valve Seal, Tboarded, Odyssey 5pc barrel kit

CRASH.
Maybe its better to Burn up then to fade away. Or you can just play paint ball instead of lighting yourself on fire.
Old 09-26-2006, 06:15 AM #7
kszyszkowski

I have detonator on my Pimp. It has not failed me so far and I haven't heard about withdrawning it from the market due to "bad qality". I like its solid design and good consistency. For me it is quality product.

Still even if it fails it may come from bad usage or it simply had some assembly problem. It happens - customer support is designed to deal with such things. As far as I know evil's support seems to be high rated and they are doing just fine. So usually problem is easily solvable.

KrisS aka KSzyszkowski

Black/Red G3 SE + Vlocity + Dangerous Power 14 inch + STAKO + Pure Energy 850 PSI
BLACK PIMP + BOSS' DETENT MOD + HIBRID LPR VERD KIT + ST FEEDNECK + VLOCITY + PIPE KIT
AGD TAC-ONE
Old 09-26-2006, 06:32 AM #8
Evosniper05

Quote:
eh mine did close to the same thing. it still works...but the seat seal is blown on it. waiting for a replacement from evil.
Old 09-26-2006, 07:08 AM #9
Flip-side
No Charge For Awesomeness

Quote:
I think the dets are kind of sketchy to me. I got a cp now.
Guess what? Every type reg I or my friends have ever owned, have had some sort of issue. CPs are no different. The Detonator does have a seat seal that can become worn if you do not treat it gently or lube it regularly, and some people have minor issues with that. One cheap seat seal later, and you are back to having one of the fastest and most consistant regs on the market. Be nice to the Evil Support guys, and they will most likely send you a new one since they know it is the one part that wears in the Det.
Old 09-26-2006, 09:31 AM #10
cyberpyr8
Jedi Knight

cyberpyr8 is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash09
Why are Detonator regs so cheap?

Could someone shed some light on this subject?

Thanks.
Cheaper child slave labor in Guatemala.
Old 09-26-2006, 03:48 PM #11
ColonelSanders13

where for 25? You should get it, they are really good, i get 3+3-
Evil Aftermarket trigger
Clamping feedneck
Centerflag Guage
My feedback: PBN: 4+ http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...2#post26544122
Ebay: 82+ http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...rid=intercomva
Old 09-26-2006, 03:57 PM #12
cyberpyr8
Jedi Knight

cyberpyr8 is a Supporting Member
I get +/-1 to +/-3 on mine. But I have had problems here and there with them. They seem to be really good or really a lot of trouble. For the most part they are a great reg when they are running properly.
Old 09-26-2006, 04:17 PM #13
JLobes
Speedball in the woods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash09
Can anyone confirm this type of thing happening or is this more or less a fluke?
Any opinions or experiences?
PMI has amazing tech support. If you send it back to them, they will almost always fix if for you, and ship it back free of charge.
Old 09-26-2006, 05:00 PM #14
sosoDAF
ATL

sosoDAF is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Detonators are very nice regs, although I do not currently use one.
I was planning to put one on my Ego, but the stock Ego reg is much lighter and gets better consistency than my Detonator ever did, so I think I'll just stick with the stock reg.
-Dan
Old 09-26-2006, 06:42 PM #15
Bob78641
White and Nerdy

Ok the real reason that the det. is so cheap is because People are tards. it's the best regulator for the price. Nough said
Evil factory Team Fan #19
Official Pirate #2
Setup: 05 Silver to red fade Alias with Dye air port Hybrid adjustable ram cap and Det reg
(\ /)
(o.O) Help Evil Bunny take Over the world Put him in
(> <) Your sig
Old 09-27-2006, 11:54 AM #16
Crash09

Thanks or the info guys.

CRASH.