PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2006, 01:35 PM #1
KryptonicsPB
Fur Sure

Onyx vs. XXXX Thread

Can we do an official onyx vs. (all else) thread and keep it in the sticky? That way people coming into the thread can just check out the stickys in they want a review/vs.
Someone with long-term play time w/the onyx could write a detailed review then others could compare with other thorough reviews and compare. I could contribute an Angel 1 comparison and an Empire 2 comparison.

Just a thought.

-Chris

EDIT BY MANIKE-> Ok, I'm going to allow one V's thread and sticky it. BUT be warned, anyone getting out of hand or flaming will face a minimum of a 7 day ban...

Last edited by manike : 09-22-2006 at 05:49 PM.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-22-2006, 05:48 PM #2
manike
WWW.SIMONIZED.COM

manike is a Mega Moderator
manike is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
manike works for a Paintball manufacturer
manike supports Bob Gurnsey
manike supports our troops
Ok, I'm going to allow one V's thread and sticky it. BUT be warned, anyone getting out of hand or flaming will face a minimum of a 7 day ban...
Old 09-23-2006, 12:59 PM #3
spyder_dude
shred

Quote:
Originally Posted by PbLoSeR05
Onyx vs Pm6

I like my onyx better than my friends ULed PM6, he agrees too. The onyx is a little lighter, way more efficient, and more accurate.

Like most guns these days, they shoot at the same speed, unless you have the onyx on uncapped full auto, then it blows everything away.
Old 09-23-2006, 01:08 PM #4
dansNOTagg
(//_-)

its more accurate huh. well weight wise onxy and pm6 w/ ul are pretty similar. i have a pm6 w/ ul just for the record. the only real advantage of an onyx is you get the smoothness of a matrix without sacrificing effeciency. however you lose the weight advantage that comes with most of bobs guns. price wise it comes out about the same. in my opinion you can either go for the looks and aftermarket parts of a pm6 or the effeciency of an onyx.
Old 09-25-2006, 03:39 PM #5
paintballer187
187PB.COM

Annual Supporting Member
paintballer187 is a Moderator
paintballer187 is a Supporting Member
paintballer187 is a founding member
paintballer187 is BST Legit
paintballer187 works for a Paintball manufacturer
Do NOT post in this thread unless you're actually going to compare the Onyx against another gun.
Old 09-25-2006, 10:21 PM #6
96 Ls lnteg
Hola

Annual Supporting Member
96 Ls lnteg is a Supporting Member
96 Ls lnteg is a Paintball photographer
96 Ls lnteg owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
My Ego is a battle proven gun it has been through hell an back I've had to put alot of money in it to get it, to where I like it. Ram/Board/Frame, its hands down one of the most reliable, simple to maintain markers that I have every OWNED

My Onyx is one of the guns that I have found that has felt "perfect" out of the box to me,it priced very nicely this gun is blazing fast ZERO kick,efficent. but this gun is without issues there limited knowledge of this gun due to being so new an NO manual, but the tech support from, Bjorn,Terry,Incubus is amazing.

Final thought - Its hard to say which one is better.. I don't favor either right now..

Last edited by 96 Ls lnteg : 09-25-2006 at 10:24 PM.
Old 09-25-2006, 11:08 PM #7
lil pimp
RockStar

The trauma and onyx are very, very similar. The onyx i believe is a little bit lighter, and definately more efficient. the ul frame is definately the most comfortable frame out, but the onyx frame is very, very, very nice. the onyx is more reliable and with less orings.
all in all they are similar guns, but the onyx's efficiency and reliability is what tips the scale toward the onyx for me.

Old``52+/0-``
Old 09-26-2006, 08:13 AM #8
KryptonicsPB
Fur Sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder_dude
I like my onyx better than my friends ULed PM6, he agrees too. The onyx is a little lighter, way more efficient, and more accurate.

Like most guns these days, they shoot at the same speed, unless you have the onyx on uncapped full auto, then it blows everything away.

Lets not start out the thread with the the "more accurate" gig. Accuracy per shot in paintball guns is paint quality/barrel match+amount of kick per shot+reg cosistancy per shot. Don't write a review without points and detailed experiences people can read to help determine if the onyx is what they want.

-Chris

PS I should be playing a whole day with the onyx Saturday so I will write an
Onyx vs. A1 after that.
Old 09-26-2006, 10:04 AM #9
reggamuenp

Onyx vs. '04 FSP Viking

I've shot the '04 vike, and it is pretty much flawless, Ultra fast, Uber efficient, and fairly light with the FSP milling. I'm considering buying one for $800...but want to know if an onyx is worth the extra dough.

Is there size comparisons of the onyx sillohette to other guns so I can gauge the markers profile. That's about the only area I see it being better than the '04 vike and don't know if an extra $300 is worth it.
Old 09-27-2006, 01:30 AM #10
96 Ls lnteg
Hola

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by lVlr.()wN@Ge
haha can someone maybe answer mine?

onyx v. angel1
READ

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballer187
Do NOT post in this thread unless you're actually going to compare the Onyx against another gun.
Old 09-27-2006, 08:25 PM #11
paintballkilla*
Xplex Paintball

onxy VS. 06 timmy. just wondering how they compare ( i think paintballer187 means not to post w/ out a request or review. to keep the unrelated/flaming out of this thread)
Old 09-27-2006, 08:34 PM #12
96 Ls lnteg
Hola

Annual Supporting Member
Onyx
Like I said the onyx is a all around gun very nice,very fast, gun is very balance, an not very heavy the lpr inside the grip frame is a very nice addition the new boards are very nice, making them practically idiot proof(almost)

G4
I love this platform alot maintenance was the same as previous timmies easy an simple, very fast,alot of various upgrades available for this platform, but after owning a Onyx, you will hate that LPR block, an guage on the g4 platform, but other wise there great guns, and are very close in price range
Old 09-27-2006, 08:35 PM #13
spyder_dude
shred

Quote:
Originally Posted by KryptonicsPB
Lets not start out the thread with the the "more accurate" gig. Accuracy per shot in paintball guns is paint quality/barrel match+amount of kick per shot+reg cosistancy per shot. Don't write a review without points and detailed experiences people can read to help determine if the onyx is what they want.

-Chris

PS I should be playing a whole day with the onyx Saturday so I will write an
Onyx vs. A1 after that.

Same paint.
Same barrel.
Onyx is more accurate.
knthx.
Old 09-28-2006, 07:22 AM #14
paintballer187
187PB.COM

Annual Supporting Member
I mean don't post a stupid *** request. There is no point, if someone owns an onyx they can compare it to whatever else they have or shot. There have been over a dozen requests and maybe five good reviews comparing guns so we'd be left with a huge thread with very little information.
Old 10-11-2006, 12:09 AM #15
JSkiS

onyx vs. angel 1
Old 10-12-2006, 06:07 PM #16
2XTREME4U

onyx vs RL shocker

ONYX:
onyx is extremly light and very efficenct. i get around 1200 off a 45/45 fill. it is also very consitent about +/- 3 for me. onyx is also very fast in its uncapped modes....it can out shoot most other gun w/ stock board. The eyes are very good....i have yet to chop a ball in ten boxes. the stock barrel is ok but i recomend a ul or sly for even better accuracy. i also but a hybrid push on/off and grind rail b/c thats the way i go..... looks are to die for!!

set up- onyx 4 eyes, sly barrrel, kilas, hybrid push on/off and grind rail

RL shocker:
also very light and very efficent w/ he bolt stock. the one thing i dont like is the nerve board still....kinda sucks. thats why i use virtue. i never chop and seem to have more consistant strings of semi. but that may be just me. very accurate w/ freak barrel. no drp kinda sucks so i threw on a srail

set up- RL shocker, virtue, srail

rating: onyx 7/10
shocker 9/10

even though shocker is rated higher this is based stock but w/ ups onyx is better. i cant wait for tadao or virtue to realse onyx board.....YEAH!!

TRAUMA FAN #0
Old 10-29-2006, 09:42 AM #17
peepers471
(>^_^)>

onyx vs. dm6
Old 10-29-2006, 05:11 PM #18
demiruyar
Turkish Baller

Angel One Onyx

Modes: 1 0

Weight: 1 0

Efficiency: 0 1

Technology: 0 1

Electronics: 1 0

Speed: 1 1

Maintenance: 1 0

Tech support: 0 1

Quality: 1 1

Extra goodies: 1 0

And the result:
Angel one: 7 points
Onyx: 5 points
Old 10-29-2006, 06:26 PM #19
4thDegree

I am afraid I would have to challenge a few of your ratings. I would give the nod to the Angel on Efficiency, modes are equal unless you are playing millenium (silly modes like breakout have no real value). Maintenance as well would be a wash. As far as extra goodies, this to me is a non issue as well. The Onyx can be pulled out of the box, put on your hopper, tank and add paint and you are playing. They include extra o-rings for the first re-build. Anything else to me is gimmicky.
www.firstcallpaintball.com
POWER - Performance Optimized Weapon Enhancement Research
Pro Paintball Weekly
Old 10-31-2006, 09:46 PM #20
Endicott
GWC member #52

Onyx v. Dm6
Old 11-01-2006, 09:24 AM #21
paintballer187
187PB.COM

Annual Supporting Member
Alright, enough is enough. I have told you several times to NOT POST REQUESTS because I'm sick of deleting them because they just clutter up the thread. This thread will be closed and die forever, all other VS threads will be closed as well.
Closed Thread