Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 08-29-2001, 12:19 AM #1
RaV3n_Pa1ntba||
>Gd |_ |<<

has been a member for 10 years
one question....

Can White Wolf do ripper milling on an excaliber, and also does anyone have any pics. Im thinking of getting an excal if i could get it ripper milled with a nice twisted (angel low rise) cause of the milling & get it rethreaded. As far reg gladiator. And some faded stickys, panels, or 32* Grips. Plus ano eather chrome plated, metallic blue like real metallic and/or metallic blue to metallic silver fade. That would looks sweet but i would only get this set up if I can get a ripper milled excal other wise =( cause excals are very ugly in my opinion along the lines of the matrix, and the milling that is an option along with the acid washes in my opinion are just plain ugly too.
Old 08-29-2001, 12:34 AM #2
Joe

Joe is a Supporting Member
I believe Jim (who does the ripper milling) was asking a while back if anyone would be interested in ripper milling if he was to design a program for the Excalibur. I do not believe it is available yet, but you might want to e-mail either him or White Wolf to see if he plans on going milling to the Excaliburs.
Old 08-29-2001, 12:35 AM #3
Deceit
What?

Deceit is a Supporting Member
well the thing is its all cnc i think...on the cocker and the angel they are all programed into the milling machine. all the specs on how deep how far are in the machine before it even starts i dont belive there is that much of a demand of ripper on excaliburs. best bet is to contact them but i doubt it.
Old 08-29-2001, 07:41 AM #4
Rizzo
Yep.

No, Ripper Milling is not currently available for the Excalibur. Angel rises do not fit into the Excalibur, it takes its own style of thread. Why would you want to put a Gladiator on it? As far as ano and grips, that is your preference, so it doesn't matter.

As for me, I like how it looks, but everyone has their opinion.

So I guess I would have to say that you will not be getting one since you cannot currently get it Ripper Milled and/or put an Angel rise on it.

Rizzo

Visit Team Wiseguys, the 2000 ICC/NAAPSA State Novice Champions.
E-Mail me at nvoils@indy.net
AKALMP, inc. Factory Certified Technician
Old 08-29-2001, 11:05 AM #5
Yochinaman
Gun Gigolo

Yochinaman is a founding member
Honestly. I have a purple acid wash excal and I can't see it being anymore ugly than an angel. Yes, the stock hard anno is rather distasteful, but if you can get a glossy anno on the excal, I think it look as good as an angel. Stock angels have minimal milling as well, the shape is also roughly the same the excal. Maybe a bit flatter and longer. IMO.

Yochi.
Old 08-29-2001, 01:59 PM #6
DogBoy
SP makse me wana.......

DogBoy is a Supporting Member
maybe its because the flat black anno no milling excal is what I have but I think it looks good. I have played with a truely trick cocker for years and find the basic black excal to be a nice change. they also look much better in person.

"never underestimate the predictability of stupidity"
Old 08-29-2001, 07:20 PM #7
Styles *****ley
GREY POWER

Styles *****ley is a Supporting Member
As mentioned White Wolf does not do the actual Ripper milling, he simply handles the orders.

AKA will sell you a raw unanodized Excalibur for cheaper than the stock black price. There are quite a few people who are milling Excaliburs right now, so you could have a custom pattern and anodizing done if you'd like. AKA will handle the assembly/reassembly/tuning with no extra cost I believe.
Old 09-09-2001, 03:54 PM #8
Conqueror
ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD

Conqueror is a Moderator
Conqueror is a Supporting Member
Conqueror supports our troops
I would almost be willing to bet money that there will be Ripper milling soon, though. Excals have a lot of meat left on them for milling, which is exactly what Jim Eaton looks for in a gun to be Ripped.
Old 09-09-2001, 08:25 PM #9
Sparrow

I am no professional machinest, but there is really not that much " meat" on the Excal. The parallel tubes under the bolt have a wall thickness around .100" and even in owners manual (on disk) it mentions only removing something like .040" or .050" ( I am getting that from memory, so not completely sure of that). It is also has a curve of the of the tube itself. So if you want anything really nice there, you want to make sure who is doing it is very careful, or is doing it by CNC.

There is still other thinks that can be done, just be creative within the limits of what is there.

I would have like to have done more to mine, but its always easier to say "what if"?

AKA is very flexible on having you get the milling done by someone else. They take some special requests and make them no problem. They did a lot for me!

jt
Excalibur-custom blue #215
Old 09-09-2001, 08:50 PM #10
Tiger
i doubt there will be a ripper excaliber for awhile unless someone is willing to pay big money for the first one, simply because there isn't much of a demand for excalibers right now anyways.