PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 05-27-2006, 05:16 PM #1
stearns
waste managment army

wha wha wha WHAT?? Oh No He DIDNT (just click it)

so ya, its the time you've all been waiting for. lemme start this by saying you all owe me for taking and uploading this many pics. and, as i have been asked, i have included pics from every steps along the way. but, the if you wanna just skip the the pics, and disreguard everything i have done to get yall a full idea of what i went through, look to the bottom of the post

so here we start. i sold my ion for 100$ in hopes to get this project done quick, as i got my alien from micah mcglocklin, and wanted it to look customish. i'm not going to say how much things costed, for those who i felt should know, i told. I sent Eliapb some ideas, and he gave me a quote. for the milling, i asked for something along these lines (they are sequential)

(click to see better)

after we got the final details banged out, it was to be milled with the body, frame, bottom of cp reg, front block, and feed neck ring all dust black (making it dust black with gloss black accents). while it was with him, i came to the realization that i wanted to be the envy of all paintballers (which i found out is actually partially true today at the tourny, but thats another story)

so, i asked tony (elia) if he could do tattoos, and he couldnt, so i figured i would just go to another guy for the anodizing. i looked around, and found www.precisionpb.com , which after talking with him, i found that he was very professional, had very good work, and was cheaper than the other people. i sent him the following images (sequential, too)

so a little over two weeks after decising all of this with rick (precisionpb), i got the following from tony elia

turns out, his machine glitched up and cut a hole in the body. after many emails with jack, we got a final plan together, which consisted of detachable plates on the sides. this took about two months.

now, it has been close to two and a half, and the gun is in the mail to rick over at precision pb. now, i have the following pics of the gun

when rick got the gun, he called me and left a message on my machine, basically saying that with the hole in the body, my original plan would not work. along with that, the plates had to be anodized, making at a body plus six pieces. tony had sent over the money i had originally paid him for the anodizing, and i just said i want my gun done, and done right. he mentioned something about alien heads, and i told him to go to town. after his vinyl cutter guy was finished, it only took a few days to have it all done. i was sent some pics, and he hooked me up with a great price. i said that i could send the moeny in a few days, and he just said hed send the gun first thing the next morning, and i should send the money when i get a chance

lemme step in to say everybody use precision pb when anodizing, nobody does better

so here are the final pics. i got great responses from rick, tony, jack, and everybody who i have shown thus far, including the tourny today. now i stand on it, missing a power button, a few screws, and the ability to get the plate in the side that has the hole in it, but i have been talking to jack, and the parts he has shouldnt be a problem

so heres what you have been waiting for

i would also like to thank ImageShack for Free Image Hosting, i use them so much, they deserve a little free plug

any response on this would be great, i would love to hear what yall think of it

ill have it around MA all the time, and NPPL Boston, for all those wishen to check it out

thanks to tony, rick, and exit for helpen me out

stearns

Last edited by stearns : 05-27-2006 at 05:21 PM.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-27-2006, 06:22 PM #2
Eternal Acacia
The Canyon Behind Her

Eternal Acacia is a Supporting Member
I HATE YOU SOO MUCH. This thing is SOO much sexier in person, you have no idea
and the future don't exist

"Originally posted by XSVterror16 V.4: Alright, let me break this down for you. Subaru is a company with stars and a blue background in it's symbol. The national color of Australia is blue and their nights have lots of stars in the sky. Subaru uses bockster motors from Porches. Subaru is Australian and uses Porche motors in their cars. Understand?"
Old 05-27-2006, 06:39 PM #3
stearns
waste managment army

im tryen to get yall to appreciate all the effort going into the final product

and im trying to be modest, but ya, eternal is right, it is sexier in person

stearns
Old 05-27-2006, 06:41 PM #4
Eternal Acacia
The Canyon Behind Her

Eternal Acacia is a Supporting Member
now i get your little quote below your name... it's got the motto of alien... ahh, heh
and the future don't exist

"Originally posted by XSVterror16 V.4: Alright, let me break this down for you. Subaru is a company with stars and a blue background in it's symbol. The national color of Australia is blue and their nights have lots of stars in the sky. Subaru uses bockster motors from Porches. Subaru is Australian and uses Porche motors in their cars. Understand?"
Old 05-27-2006, 07:07 PM #5
stearns
waste managment army

haha loser

stearns
Old 05-27-2006, 08:56 PM #6
canadian kid

has been a member for 10 years
Wow, that's really awesome, totally not was I was expecting. The dust black is pure sex for sure
Old 05-28-2006, 11:14 AM #7
scd22191
JESUS ROCKS!

these pictures don't give full justice to the hawtness of this gun
holding it in your hands shows you how awesome it is
ALIEN ARMADA: because winning really is more fun
Without Trust, what is a mans worth
Old 05-28-2006, 05:40 PM #8
dye3925

saw it in person for the first time today, its beutiful and in my opinion well worth the wait
Old 05-28-2006, 07:57 PM #9
TheDRulesAll
Substance D Abuse

hot ****. ill try and find it during boston to get a first hand look at it. thats some awesome work

KillWithGrace
Old 05-28-2006, 11:53 PM #10
su8lime

su8lime is a Supporting Member
su8lime supports DLX Technology
i got to hold this thing in person. very niceee. the alien heads stand out perfect and the plating is very cool. to the hottest intercepter
Old 05-29-2006, 02:32 PM #11
PAintballa45
FLUKE 06'

PAintballa45 is a Supporting Member
thats nice man. These gonna be for sale soon or is it just ur little project? lol
FLUKE 06' #21
NE Hurricanes supporter #187...MURDAAA
Feedback: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...6#post22200116
Old 05-29-2006, 02:35 PM #12
stearns
waste managment army

just meh lil project. however, i think im gunna throw it up on the b/s/t when its done, just to see what people think about it / offer for it. if you see it, dont get worried thinking im gunna sell it, just know its more so testing waters. unless i get an offer over a grand or some insane gun trade, in which i can sell for a remains, or for another ceptor to play around with, then im keepen it.

stearns
Old 05-29-2006, 02:41 PM #13
jeremy187h
cricket

ups for the hottness
"We have grown accustom to seeing violence surrounding us. One of us gets the **** beat out of us and everyone stands in a circle for the show. We are slowely being turned into majority rules trend following brainwashed idiots and we all know it."

-Peter Tosh

93% of teens have moved on to rap music, if you are part of the 7% that rock out every day, put this in your sig
Old 05-29-2006, 03:54 PM #14
Exit Wounds
doesn't play paintball.

That is sooooooo beautifulllllllllllll.

I must touch it.
Old 05-29-2006, 03:57 PM #15
stearns
waste managment army

exit, like i was telling jer, if i get it working by this weekend ill prolly hit up playboys to play / show off, but if it isnt working, ill prolly go to f4 and bring it, so ill keep you updated

stearns
Old 05-29-2006, 08:04 PM #16
scd22191
JESUS ROCKS!

what are the problems with it at the moment
(other than no battery or board button lol)
Old 05-29-2006, 08:47 PM #17
stearns
waste managment army

no battery and board button. along with that, im missing the screws for the micro switch, but thats it. i talked it all out with jack, and i have some presents in the mail hopefully tomarrow

should be ready soon
stearns
Old 05-29-2006, 10:05 PM #18
Exit Wounds
doesn't play paintball.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stearns
exit, like i was telling jer, if i get it working by this weekend ill prolly hit up playboys to play / show off, but if it isnt working, ill prolly go to f4 and bring it, so ill keep you updated

stearns
That's cool, we might go to fox-4 instead if you'd rather play there. I've had a free f4 pass burning a hole in my pocket for a long time.
Old 05-30-2006, 05:29 AM #19
stearns
waste managment army

ya, id much rather play f4. i have a gold pass burning a hole in my pocket, and a half an hour less of driving

ill talk to ya online

stearns
Old 05-30-2006, 02:15 PM #20
PAintballa45
FLUKE 06'

PAintballa45 is a Supporting Member
well stearns if u decide to sell the body im definatly intrested...you cood make some nice $$ off milling alien bodies for ppl...ur own little buisness lol
FLUKE 06' #21
NE Hurricanes supporter #187...MURDAAA
Feedback: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...6#post22200116
Old 05-30-2006, 04:36 PM #21
scd22191
JESUS ROCKS!

I dont think he'll sell it
I think I'll just accidentaly slip and make it fall into my gearbag sometime at fox4
just kidding, but Im just itching to shoot that thing at the field tell me next time youre going