357 Productions is a Supporting Member
357 Productions owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Registration for EVENT 5 - MUST READ!!

Old 09-14-2006, 10:45 AM #2
357 Productions
www.gisportz.com

In regards to the NEW GPL Merchandise, you can see all the GPL Merchandise including all the colors of the New Hoodies and the New Girlier Shirts on the GPL Website - www.thegpl.com. All of which will be available for sale at Event #5.

We will also have Merchandise Player Pacakges available at the event so come check it out!!
Old 09-14-2006, 01:51 PM #3
naughtyDogs>YOU
Who is the coon?

the text is messed up
[size="4"][color="Blue"][font="Arial Black"][size="3"]
Old 09-14-2006, 08:12 PM #4
.AGG.
NEW NAME

not able to read the text
Old 09-15-2006, 07:10 AM #5
Em de BX
aka 2 EZ

Thread should be called, "Registration for Event 5 - CAN'T READ!!"
Just got to the website, it has the info up as well. Mainly talking abour late registration fee that will now be added if you do not register by the deadline.
Old 09-15-2006, 11:25 AM #6
Madpooh
1-800-mad-pooh

Annual Supporting Member
Madpooh is a Moderator
Madpooh is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Madpooh plays in the USPL
Madpooh donated to help Peyton Trent
Madpooh supports our troops
Since this is about Event #5, i'm interested in reffing this event. PM me please
Old 09-15-2006, 01:21 PM #7
357 Productions
www.gisportz.com

The apologize for any issues. On my computer it shows fine and it is a gif image (HERE)

The Text Says this:
"Over the past several years we, the GPL staff, have always done everything possible to accommodate all the teams who participate in our events. One of the main things we have allowed is for teams to sign up the last week of the event or even after the cutoff without ever accessing the advertised late signup fees. Unfortunately we have created our own problems by allowing this to happen repeatedly.

There are many tasks that we can not complete such as how many fields to set up, how many refs to hire, how much food for VIP, how much paint to purchase, etc. because 70% of the GPL teams all wait until the last minute to sign up. Unfortunately, all the last minute or late signups have created a mountain of extra last minute work and in several occasions many additional expenses to the GPL.

In a never ending task to keep the GPL prices as low as possible and to constantly increase the prizes offered to the teams we are going to have to no longer allow last minute event registrations without a late fee being assessed. Please keep in mind this is not our effort to make addtional money from the teams since we have waived this fee for the last several years, but this is our way to get the teams to register a week earlier so we can better prepare for the events and put on the best event possible for you, the Teams.

I hope this will not inconvenience any of you in any way. Please feel free to talk to Brian or Cyndi with any questions, comments, or concerns in regards to this change.
DEADLINE WITHOUT LATE FEE FOR EVENT 5 IS SUNDAY OCT 1.

We would like to thank all the teams for their participation in the GPL in 2006. Best of luck to all the teams at the event."

The rest of the post is about our New GPL Merchandise which you can check out on our website and will be available at Event #5. If you are on our mailing list, you should have also gotten our email.

Please email me about what it is you can not see because I see a clear picture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madpooh
Since this is about Event #5, i'm interested in reffing this event. PM me please
Any reffing questions needs to be directed to us in email with qualifications and reffing experience and we will respond to you.

Thank you Guys

Cyndi Poole
Old 09-15-2006, 05:46 PM #8
Newbie21

Well I don't know what they say that they are trying to keep prices as low as possible, when they are making record revenues from so many teams that sign up for Sat and Suns events. In my opinion they should just allow teams to sign up until Sunday, no LATE FEES, and just close the registration period; so teams know who is playing and who they will play against well in advance. We all remember how they had problems in event 1 with the air fills because they had TOO many teams on a day; and on Event 4 they had to add an additional field again because of too many teams.
Also with GAS prices going DOWN now they (GPL and the paint makers)don't have an excuse to say that they are trying to keep prices down, I heard from a reputable source that gas might go down to $1.50, maybe even a $1.25 which is great. So it is time to give us the PAINTBALL LOVERS a break, let's remember low paint prices = more people will want to come and play. I know of many people that can't play as often as myself because of the money issue.
Old 09-15-2006, 09:48 PM #9
357 Productions
www.gisportz.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbie21
Well I don't know what they say that they are trying to keep prices as low as possible, when they are making record revenues from so many teams that sign up for Sat and Suns events. In my opinion they should just allow teams to sign up until Sunday, no LATE FEES, and just close the registration period; so teams know who is playing and who they will play against well in advance. We all remember how they had problems in event 1 with the air fills because they had TOO many teams on a day; and on Event 4 they had to add an additional field again because of too many teams.
Also with GAS prices going DOWN now they (GPL and the paint makers)don't have an excuse to say that they are trying to keep prices down, I heard from a reputable source that gas might go down to $1.50, maybe even a $1.25 which is great. So it is time to give us the PAINTBALL LOVERS a break, let's remember low paint prices = more people will want to come and play. I know of many people that can't play as often as myself because of the money issue.
Wow. I did not know you were my new accountant. I am sure you can add up all the entries and paint sales, but did you remember to pay the rent, hotels, 85 refs, admin payroll, portapotties, dumbster, insurance, gas and tolls, meals, prizes, etc.?

Not sure where you come up with record revenues, but you are right that we have the lowest entry prices and the highest level of prizes.

Also not sure what gas has to do with anything. Just because gas came down did not stop the paint manufacturer from raising my paint costs 2 weeks ago, but as usual we did not pass that expense on to the players we just paid it ourselves.

The air issue at the first event is because of the severe weather we decided to cancel 7man play on saturday and put all the 7man teams as well as all the 5man teams on the same day. And yes we did add a 5th field at the last event. Opps, I forgot to add that expense to the list above.
Old 09-16-2006, 04:21 AM #10
JustPureChaos
**** Swag.

JustPureChaos plays in the PSP
JustPureChaos plays in the APPA D4 division
...GPL FTW 4EVER

EVER

I mean it
Battle Creek 625 Macopin Rd West Milford, NJ