What barrel is on your Tippmann? WRITE A REVIEW OF IT FOR THE NEW TIPPMANN FAQ! - PbNation
Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 09-27-2006, 07:40 PM #1
spinny2559
just missed 2k4

spinny2559 is a Supporting Member
What barrel is on your Tippmann? WRITE A REVIEW OF IT FOR THE NEW TIPPMANN FAQ!

If you have a barrel on your Tippmann that is not the stock one, please write a review for it. Incorperate all information that you can possibly think of (accuracy, loudness, range, looks, barrel breaks, ANYTHING!). This includes barrel kits, one piece barrels, the Flatline and Apex, or any other barrel.

Please include the type of barrel, its length, and what gun you are using it on.

This information will be combined and used in the new Tippmann FAQ.

thank you!

98 Custom Low Pressure Kit parts available, contact me!

TONS of solenoids and solenoid parts F/S/T!!

Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-27-2006, 08:02 PM #2
tbk125

ive had 2
1) jj ceramic 14 inch used on a tippman a5 great lov it light cheap acurate
10/10 all around

2) dye boom stick 14inch used on a tippmann a5 to expensive and heavy but rely acurate like it alot looks sweet prefered to use but would not buy it again if i had the chance
8/10
Old 09-27-2006, 08:08 PM #3
WraTh078

Lapco bigshot 12"

Decent barrel, if you make sure its clean it shoots pretty nicely, I'd give it a 8/10 for accuracy, I have the bead blasted version and it looks really nice on my a-5. Not too loud, but there are quieter out there. Cleans through breaks somewhat after about 15 shots.

Last edited by WraTh078 : 10-01-2006 at 07:49 PM.
Old 09-27-2006, 08:14 PM #4
paintballer123098
shoot 1st, think later

12'' aa, lite, accurate, moderately quiet, little expansive, different fronts/backs available

o yea. everyone knows that the stock barrels crap so i cut the stock barrel to a stubby. approximately 2.5". i love it for playin speedball because it such a small profile and sounds like a freakin tommy gun w/ the e-grip great for intimidadtion. its fairly accurate for the size too and imo looks better than having a musket length a-5.
so try it u got nothin to lose, just a stock barrel thats crap anyways
other guns i own
tippmann m98, tippmann 98c pro, spyder e-99 advant,
spyder rodeo, wgp pro triligy

Last edited by paintballer123098 : 09-28-2006 at 06:15 PM.
Old 09-27-2006, 08:16 PM #5
Mr.Dirt

Mr.Dirt is reppin' sidebar 4 life
I got the full freak kit.
Aluminum back with 14" tip. Its pretty accurate. Also, only few barrel breaks hear and their. Although, it is pretty loud on my tippmann A-5. It's also pretty long too. I'd get a 12 inch for it. I'll give it an 8.

WTB MQ Valve Urethane dot's
Old 09-27-2006, 09:50 PM #6
Dyoel182
Steel Tank Fan

has been a member for 10 years
Custom Products 10" barrels. 689 and 685 size. Extremely accurate and shoots clean very well within 2 shots.
2000 Tropic Green CSVT #836/2150
XBL: RapDonkey
Style: Basic Math
Old 09-27-2006, 10:09 PM #7
james88
Matrix Owner

14 inch 32 degrees whisper
Old 09-27-2006, 10:13 PM #8
spinny2559
just missed 2k4

spinny2559 is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by james88
14 inch 32 degrees whisper
what about it...

98 Custom Low Pressure Kit parts available, contact me!

TONS of solenoids and solenoid parts F/S/T!!

Old 09-27-2006, 10:54 PM #9
Associator

Flatline: It was bought as first modification to my gun, and was also purchased within the first few months it was released.

It took a bit of frustration and trial and error before I realized what it took to get it work effectively. On more than one occaision I nearly gave up on it.... You need to line it up correctly, ensure the barrel is firmly seated, and tightened appropriately. The old adapters had a flaw that eventually caused a thin peice of aluminum to bend down int he way of the seating barrel, the solution I came up with was to mill that peice off with a dremel: it is my understanding that new adapters come already milled as such.

The barrel is picky on paint, which was a problem years ago as fields used crappy paint. But lately most fields use higher quality paint as the majority of regular players are more educated and picky. When used with decent paint, the Flatline is very effective. Accuracy to rival some aftermarket barrels, and distance greater than any other. When used with high quality paint (Marballizer, Midnight, etc) it is very effective. Accuracy better than any other barrel I have seen, and an almost perfectly flat trajectory to ranges that no other barrel can touch. A properly installed Flatline backed with good paint is an excellent barrel choice.
Old 09-27-2006, 11:01 PM #10
Associator

Aradus: I bought this as a "less-picky" substitute to my Flatline.

I bought this because I have had good experiences dealing with Eric of Pshyco Ballistics and because I have used some of his innovative products before and have had great success.

This barrel has a 5-setting adjustability, which I preferred to a kit as I don't have to carry around multiple sleeves. It also has a tourney lock that I have never seen anyone used as it is not needed. Anyway, you can easily adjust the inside barrel diameter with a simple twist of the device to the appropriate size for your paint to ensure a proper paint to barrel match. I have only had to use this a few times on my own gun when the paint was too poor for the Flatline, and have had no problems with it. It was much more accurate than the stock barrel, and about as accurate as the Flatline when it is using halfway decent paint. It is an effective barrel, though I was dissapointed by the standard trajectory... I really love my Flatline.
Old 09-28-2006, 01:11 AM #11
ShadowedTurtle

9 in. true flight- really good accuracy, but a little picky on the paint

Jcs 5 1/2 in. - for the size really good accuracy, not so good on the distance, also VERY loud, but I like loud. sounds like a machine gun when shooting fast and can shoot any paint w/ out a problem (at least all that I tried)

Yes im a Christian, and Yes I love Jesus

Buy my A-5 stuff
Old 09-28-2006, 02:16 AM #12
Bunnyeater
RAWR!!!!

Im useing a 14" true flight, it that rifled barrel one. I personally think it is great for the price, decent accuracy, seems to handle mid quality paint well, looks freaking sweet, little loud and VERY durable.
If you get a break in barrel, a few decent shot's will clean it out but you will loose ruffling 20-30 % accuracy (not bad for not use a squeggee or swab). All around good starting barrel.
Also handles alot of different types of paint, have yet to had a paint i could not shoot threw it.

Question - Got an evil impulse thread pipe kit, any know if i can get an adapter to make it fit my 98 custom? Ive searched and have had no luck.

New Feedback.
http://www.pbnation.com/feedback.php?u=218982
Old Feedback.
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1711959

Hail the 78 ford f250

Last edited by Bunnyeater : 09-28-2006 at 02:21 AM.
Old 09-28-2006, 09:33 AM #13
prenetic
X1

14" Tippmann Werks Sniper Barrel

Summary:
I purchased this barrel around the time it was released; I was actually planning on getting a Flatline however I feel this was a better decision in the long run. Sturdy barrel with great performance. The available length options are 12", 14" and 16".

Accuracy/Range:
At the 14" median, the Tippmann Werks barrel provides just enough barrel length to get the job done, without sacrificing extra length for cornering or running through brush (where longer barrels are more likely to get caught in branches and what-not).

With this barrel you will immediately notice tighter grouping with your shots, and since it was designed and developed by Tippmann, you know that you're going to have the same backing on the product as they do with their markers. There are no problems with range, if you're using good paint you'll have very good accuracy even in those long-range situations.

Big Sound:
The barrel itself with no balls will still have your 98 Custom sounding like a bazooka, however if you're firing balls it actually makes a considerable difference in sound keeping you concealed for a longer period of time.

Ball Breaks:
Since I've had the barrel I've probably fired about 10,000 rounds and I can count on one hand how many times I've had a break. If I'm counting correctly it's somewhere around four balls, and that's when I was using cheap paint for target practice and regulator tuning out in a field by my house.

Design:
The Tippmann Werks barrel is a sleek black barrel made of anodized aluminum, with a Tippmann logo which always faces front and a significant amount of porting at the end of the barrel. The porting is cut-out from the thicker edge and then drilled, and the barrel is precision-polished and honed.

Wallet Damage:
The Tippmann Werks barrels can run as low as ~$45.00 USD, which shouldn't put too much of a crater in your pocketbook -- definitely worth the price.
Tippmann 98 Custom w/ RT (#325726)
-14" Tippmann Werks Barrel
-Palmers Stabilizer
-Dead On Bullet Drop Forward

Last edited by prenetic : 09-28-2006 at 09:36 AM. Reason: Adding information.
Old 09-28-2006, 10:25 AM #14
Cop3rZ

Cop3rZ plays in the PSP
Cop3rZ supports Cereal Killerz 2
Cop3rZ donated to help Peyton Trent
Cop3rZ owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Freak barel 14' look like hot , better than my old evil barel , not realy expansive but its a good barel
#8 Killing For Daytona Drummondville, Montreal FX and Montreal Lust
Old 09-28-2006, 02:03 PM #15
98customplayer1
That skiz nizle bin snap!

CP 12" Barrel
Nice Barrel all in all, i've had a few but the CP is my favorite. Nice Gloss finish, only problem is that it is easily seen, a matte finish would have been my choice. Fairly Quite, yet gets the job done. Its nice and accurate when using compressed air. Its compact enough that you dont have to worry as much about hittin sticks/logs with it. VERY high quality. I've had NO ball breaks at all and i've had it for a year. And its only about 20-40 bucks depending on where you pick it up. I'de recommend it. 9/10

Smart Parts ION, Halo, 72/3000 Pure Energy, NDZ Twist-Lock feedneck, Red Macroline
98 Custom Pro E, Tech T Fang, CP 14", CP Microdrop, CP on/off ASA, Halo, 72/3000 Pure Energy
98 Custom, Milled & Painted, Custom pro drop, Dye Boomstick, Spyder Fasta
Old 09-28-2006, 02:25 PM #16
ycfan455
First Recon Battalion

12" Hammerhead BattleStixx 5 fin kit. Great accuracy, quiet, reverse porting, pretty good at cleaning itself.
10/10
Old 09-28-2006, 03:31 PM #17
claustin10

14" J&J ceramic- Paid $30 bucks for it and it was one of the best one peice barrels I have ever used was very accurate,the range was about 80-100 yards, and was fairly quiet.

14" CP one peice- Great barrel very accurate, Great range, and is alot quieter.

Flatline- LOUD, not that accurate but the range makes up for it able to shoot about 120-140 yards easily.

Empire 8-peice barrel kit- Great overall Kit I like it better than my freak system, I have had almost no breaks in the barrel, The breaks I had it cleared within 2-3 shots, very quiet, very accurate, decent range. Overall the best money I have spent upgrading my A-5
Old 09-28-2006, 03:43 PM #18
rippingtippy13

14" Empire 7pc kit on my Cpro E
Acccuracy- amazing ball on ball accuracy at far distances. 10/10
Looks- this barrel looks hot with my cpro e, i cant lie. gloss does make me stick out a lil' bit 9.5/10
good range- 9/10
Quietness- when you shoot it is like a soft pop or whisper and is very quiet. 9.5/10
Breaks- have had one break so far and when it did have a break in it, it shoot through it and got back to 90% accuracy. Shoots well w/ dirt/paint inside.

14" Smart Parts All American w/ freak front
Accuracy- fairly accurate, not as good as empire, but curves a little and is okay. 7/10
Looks- Just decent- 7/10
Range- like any other barrel
Quietness- this barrel is loud, can be heard all over. 6/10
Breaks- HORRIBLE W? BREAKS! with a break it becomes wrose than my stock barrel, shooting everywhere. Even if you get a little water/dirt in the barrel you can not hit anything. Almost impossible to fully clean. 1/10

Tippmann Speedball Club #4
Old 09-28-2006, 05:14 PM #19
paintslinga2010
STL CARDS WS CHAMPS

14" Lapco Bigshot

Accuracy:
Quite a bit more accurate than the 11" stock on my 98 pro.
Though good paint makes any barrel seem good.
Durability:
VERY durable, mine has had the crap beat out of it. The kid who had it before me tried to sand and spraypaint . I removed the piant so now it looks pretty rustic. Makes me feel that much more hardcore .
Sound:
again, quieter than the stock, but its no stiffi.
Breaks:
Shoots through paint ok, so long as you only break one ball, if you break another ball after you try to shoot through the first one, youd better stop because after that your just makin soup.
Looks:
It doesnt look futuristic or have any bells or whistles, its just solid.
To sum it up in one wod this barrel is solid.
And best of all its made in the USA, liek all lapco products, which is what i liek and i dont mind paying a little more.

I find myself using my lapco about 55% of the time. When im playing speedball up front i want my stock, which is really a nice barrel, shoots through paint great.
Old 09-29-2006, 09:20 AM #20
gamesondemand
NYANNYANNYANNYANNYANNYAN!

gamesondemand helped look for balloons
gamesondemand plays in the APPA D3 division
14" J&J Ceramic S2 for my 98C

Deadly accurate, relatively quiet, very light and shoots through breaks. Added plus is that it is pretty cheap at around $40.
Old 09-29-2006, 10:01 AM #21
jontheballer
USMC Pump Baller

luckie 15 kit, by warped sports paintball!!
the kit comes in a nice lether case, adn inside, the 3 barols are held in position by elastic loops.

the barols are each, clos, or mat black single pice 15in. barols. they look amazing, and are extreamly acurate. they can also be punchased in single barols. they are halfe ported, and are verie quiet.

good chaice for any gun!
TIPPMANN SPEEDBALL CLUB #55
Official pump/single ballers club-#55