PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2006, 06:00 PM #1786
flingpooatu (Banned)
Cheapest Baller On Earth

if you plan on playing online it's not a good idea. get a normal xbox and do that.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-11-2006, 06:10 PM #1787
JJW319
Welcome Back

OMG FAce! Do you just happen to watch "The Inside Edition: on channel 8? They just played a segment on all the "dangers" that the Wii-Mote has been causeing! HA! I lol'd. I'm a good friend. Why? Here's why: www.wiihaveaproblem.com
Old 12-11-2006, 06:40 PM #1788
..!..('_')..!.. (Banned)
Has no soul...

I used that site for my "Current Event" Video... lol... I think I told Sullivan about it last night too... Nice try though... And im not a homo, so no, I dont watch Inside Edition...

But about lost Planet... Something about it... I just got back from tapeing Girls BB, and I had a strange urge to play it again, to give it another chance... If I like it, ill tell you again...
Old 12-11-2006, 06:44 PM #1789
JJW319
Welcome Back

My Hot dogs were in the Microwave and I just walked into the family room while they were cooking...IE was on, and the Wii Segment was playing, so I watched. After it was over, I got my hot dogs and went back to the computer. And began to finish typing this for my notecard that Im allowed to use for tomorrow's test:

Many human traits are controlled by a single gene with one dom. Allele and one rec. allele. Multiple alleles are 3 or more forms of a gene that code for a single trait. A person can only carry 2 of those alleles because chromos exist in pairs. Alleles for blood A and B are codom. O blood is rec. Some human traits show a large # of pheno. Because the traits are controlled by many genes. The effects of genes are often altered by the organism’s surroundings. Gender is determined by genes on a chromosome. The sex chromo are the only ones that don’t match. Sperm determines the gender of a child because of the Y chromo. Sex-linked genes are passed from parent to child on a sex-chromo. There is no matching allele on the Y chromo in males to hide the allele on the X chromo; Result- any allele on the X chromo will produce the trait. Males are more likely to have sex-linked traits on rec. alleles because they have one X chromo. A carrier is one who has a rec and a dom allele for a trait. A pedigree is a chrat that shows which members of a family have a trait. Genetic disorders are unusal connd that a person inherits through genes or chromos; they are caused by mutations. CF is when the body produces abnormally think mucas in the lungs and intestines. Makes breathing and digestion harder. Carried on a rec. allele. SCD is when the blood can’t produce hemoglobin. When oxygen is low, oddly shaped. Alleles are codom. Hemophilia is when a person’s blood clots slowly or not at all. Rec. allele on X chromo. Sex-linked means that it’s more frequent in males. HD is controlled by a dom. Allele. 50% chance of passing it on. Fatal disease, signs at 30, break down of brain cells. DS is the result of an extra copy of chromo #21. Occurs when chromos separate incorrectly during meiosis. Physical appearance and mental retardation. Doctors use amniocentesis and karyotypes to help detect genetic disorders. Amniocentesis- doctors use needles to remove a small amount of fluid that surrounds the baby. Karyotype- picture of all the chromos in a cell.

And now I'm typing this(just more notes):

3 methods that people have used to develop organisms with desirable traits are selective breeding, cloning, and genetic engineering. Selective breeding is the process of selecting a few organisms with desired traits to serve as parents of the next generation. Used to enhance value. Inbreeding involves crossing 2 individuals that have identical or similar sets of alleles. Always very similar to parents. Used to produce breeds with specific traits. Inbreeding reduces an offspring’s chances of inheriting new allele combos. Also increases probability of genetic disorders. Hybridization- breeders cross 2 genetically different individuals. Used to have the best traits possible.

Alot of it is abbreviated and stuff...And I'm typing in size 8 font so I xan fit it all
Old 12-11-2006, 06:47 PM #1790
..!..('_')..!.. (Banned)
Has no soul...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJW319 View Post
My Hot dogs were in the Microwave and I just walked into the family room while they were cooking...IE was on, and the Wii Segment was playing, so I watched. After it was over, I got my hot dogs and went back to the computer. And began to finish typing this for my notecard that Im allowed to use for tomorrow's test:

Many human traits are controlled by a single gene with one dom. Allele and one rec. allele. Multiple alleles are 3 or more forms of a gene that code for a single trait. A person can only carry 2 of those alleles because homos exist in pairs. Alleles for blood A and B are codom. O blood is rec. Some human traits show a large # of pheno. Because the traits are controlled by many genes. The effects of genes are often altered by the organism’s surroundings. Gender is determined by genes on a chromosome. The sex chromo are the only ones that don’t match. Sperm determines the gender of a child because of the Y chromo. Sex-linked genes are passed from parent to child on a sex-chromo. There is no matching allele on the Y chromo in males to hide the allele on the X chromo; Result- any allele on the X chromo will produce the trait. Males are more likely to have sex-linked traits on rec. alleles because they have one X chromo. A carrier is one who has a rec and a dom allele for a trait. A pedigree is a chrat that shows which members of a family have a trait. Genetic disorders are unusal connd that a person inherits through genes or chromos; they are caused by mutations. CF is when the body produces abnormally think mucas in the lungs and intestines. Makes breathing and digestion harder. Carried on a rec. allele. SCD is when the blood can’t produce hemoglobin. When oxygen is low, oddly shaped. Alleles are codom. Hemophilia is when a person’s blood clots slowly or not at all. Rec. allele on X chromo. Sex-linked means that it’s more frequent in males. HD is controlled by a dom. Allele. 50% chance of passing it on. Fatal disease, signs at 30, break down of brain cells. DS is the result of an extra copy of chromo #21. Occurs when chromos separate incorrectly during meiosis. Physical appearance and mental retardation. Doctors use amniocentesis and karyotypes to help detect genetic disorders. Amniocentesis- doctors use needles to remove a small amount of fluid that surrounds the baby. Karyotype- picture of all the chromos in a cell.

And now I'm typing this(just more notes):

3 methods that people have used to develop organisms with desirable traits are selective breeding, cloning, and genetic engineering. Selective breeding is the process of selecting a few organisms with desired traits to serve as parents of the next generation. Used to enhance value. Inbreeding involves crossing 2 individuals that have identical or similar sets of alleles. Always very similar to parents. Used to produce breeds with specific traits. Inbreeding reduces an offspring’s chances of inheriting new allele combos. Also increases probability of genetic disorders. Hybridization- breeders cross 2 genetically different individuals. Used to have the best traits possible.

Alot of it is abbreviated and stuff...And I'm typing in size 8 font so I xan fit it all

Fixed... I just had too...
Old 12-11-2006, 06:49 PM #1791
JJW319
Welcome Back

HA...I found it funny too....
Old 12-11-2006, 07:04 PM #1792
..!..('_')..!.. (Banned)
Has no soul...

HA.

Listen to this and get ready to laugh...

My Friend (You might know him, the kid that came with me everytime... His name is Joe, shoots a **** Colored Trilogy or My Ion), well he was supposed to trade his 47/30, a Stock Ego Barrel, and some other cheap crap for a 2K4 Superstock with E2. He sent the Stuff a week ago, and he was really paranoid cause I kept saying it was a scam and he was getting ripped off and the guy was probably already in Mexico with his stolen tank playing with it. He called the guy seriously 20 times, and finally today he answered, but once my friend said it was Joe, the kid hung up... Haha... So he calls again, and this kids Girl Friend Picks up and says stop calling us we dont want to trade with you!... So im like crapping myself over here, thinking its so funny... And now he tells me that the other kid said that Joe was smart to him on the Phone, so hes sending all his stuff back to him and he dosnet want to trade anymore... HAHAHAH... Funny stuff here...

But he thinks hes getting an Epip (Which I hate the name, I meen seriously. Ion. Impulse. Nerve. Shocker. Epiphany...

Pretty gay name if you ask me... I think they should come out with a nice Mech Highend and call it an Atom, cause an Ion is an Atom with a Charge, so it would fit perfecly...

So im like Ok you shoot you faggy epip and only play 4 games a day while I play the whole day and still have enough for 3 more weeks... HA...

/rant
Old 12-11-2006, 07:10 PM #1793
JJW319
Welcome Back

Yea...Semi-funny story...

And nice name and idea for SP's new gun...

Here's the final part of my notes:

Cloning- when an organism is duplicated, and it’s product is exactly the same. For plants, cut stem, plant again. For animals, remove one egg cell, replace nucleus from another organism, implant the egg into the uterus of another organism. Genetic engineering- genes from one organism are transferred to another. Molecule is cut open, then a gene is placed in. Produce medicines, improve food, and cure genetic disorders. Bacteria produces quickly; result- many human proteins are produced in genetically engineered bacteria. Put into plants so they can survive longer, and resist pests. Also used in animals to produce proteins to cure human genetic disorders. Gene therapy involves inserting working copies of a gene directly into the cells of a person with a genetic disorder. DNA fingerprinting is used to identify someone’s identity. Enzymes are used to cut the DNA in the sample found. A current then separJates the fragment into bands. A genome is all the DNA in one cell of an organism. The main goal of the Human Genome Project is to identify the DNA sequence of every gene in the human genome. Provides geneticists with info about humans, the DNA sequence of every human gene, and thus the amino acid sequence. With this information, geneticists will gain a better understanding of how humans develop from a fertilized egg to an adult, and what makes the body work and what makes things go wrong.
Old 12-11-2006, 07:12 PM #1794
..!..('_')..!.. (Banned)
Has no soul...

Proofread my Paper now you Fools! I dont agree with it, but I pretend to...lol... Just look for spelling mistakes and general plot holes... Its supposed to be a Persuasive/Informative Paper...

Television was “invented in the 1920s by a man named
Philo T. Farnsworth” (Schatzkin 1), and ever since
then, it has been one of the most popular
entertainment sources for children and adults alike.
Despite its success, television has also caused many
problems, especially with children. Television leads
to violent behavior, and poor mental health can only
be overcome if parents sit down with their children
and turn off the TV.
When television was first invented, it was an
important device that the whole family could enjoy
together, but over the years, much of the programming
has changed from news and family oriented shows to
fast paced, violent cartoons that only attract
children. These shows depict characters that some
children can relate to, with similar problems and
challenges, but at the same time show these characters
doing violent things and not having any negative
effects. Children start watching at a young age, and
those years are the prime learning years of a child’s
life. If all children see is violence for the first
eight years of their lives, they are naturally going
to act violently in adolescent years. “The most
effective ways to teach children certain behaviors is
through observation and imitation.” (Spock 1). They
see their idols on television shooting, smashing, and
beating each other, so they think these things are
acceptable in the real world. Television also effects
bullying. A study was performed in British Columbia,
and the goal was to show the differences in child
behavior before and after television was introduced.
Studies show that “Second graders were twice as
aggressive towards each other (as measured by acts of
pushing or taunting) after TV as before” (Williams 1)
and “Aggression was the largest effect” (Williams 2)
Some shows on television are educational and stimulate
the child’s mind, but unfortunately, these shows are
in the minority to violent cartoons.
Unlike Violent behavior, which children directly pick
up from television, obesity is more often an indirect
problem. Children do not get overweight just from
watching television, it happens from watching too much
and having unhealthy viewing habits. The more hours a
day kids watch, the less time they spend exercising.
The combination of no exercise and eating unhealthy
foods builds up overtime and increases the amount of
time children spend sitting on the couch. “Not only
are children saturated with commercials generally
promoting unhealthy, sugary and fatty foods, but they
also tend to snack more while watching TV than they
would otherwise.” (Spock 1). This proves that the
combination of too much television and fast food
commercials can make children overweight. In
moderation, this would not be a problem but children
blow it out of proportion. They eat more fast foods
than healthy fruits and vegetables. Since fatty foods
have low sources of energy and high fat content,
children will not have the energy to exercise so they
will sit in front of the television and rot. The only
way to combat this is to not eat while watching
television or balance the child’s with a healthy diet
of fruits and exercise in addition to watching
television. Most children do not see the second
option, so they are doomed to becoming overweight.
Poor mental health is a problem that affects most
children who watch too much television. As with other
problems, this one is caused when children watch more
television than is necessary or responsible.
Television has nearly no shows that are educational,
and the few that are on television are usually geared
toward older adults. Children that watch television do
not wish to see something educational or full with
facts, they want to see their favorite cartoon
characters jumping around and hurting each other.
Television promotes lack of creativity, as shown in a
1973 study: “If TV distracts you from practicing it in
that crucial stage, you may never get good reading
habits.” (Williams 3). That proves that over viewing
can lead to decreased mental health. Television hurts
a childs creativity. A study was performed and
children were given objects and they had to come up
with uses for them. The results also back up this
theory. “There was a noticeable drop in this after TV
came. The raw scores dropped from 32 in Notel Phase 1
to the low 20s with TV, a drop of about 40%.”
(Williams 4)
While television may have some positive effects such
as education, it usually inspires bad choices in
children, such as violent behavior, obesity, and poor
mental heath. This is a serious problem, but it is
easily overcome. Parents need to stop what their doing
during the day and spend some quality time with their
children.

Works Cited Page
The Impact of Television. June 6 2005. December 1
<http://world.std.com/~jlr/comment/tv_impact.htm>
Televisions Impact on your Child. May 20 2000.
American Online. December 1 2006.
<http://www.drspock.com/article/0,1510,3984,00.html>
Schatzkin, Paul. “The Boy Who Invented Television.”
Introduction 1 (2004):
December 1 2006 <
http://www.farnovision.com/chronicles/index.html>
Old 12-11-2006, 07:22 PM #1795
JJW319
Welcome Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by ..!..('_')..!.. View Post
Proofread my Paper now you Fools! I dont agree with it, but I pretend to...lol... Just look for spelling mistakes and general plot holes... Its supposed to be a Persuasive/Informative Paper...

Television was “invented in the 1920s by a man named
Philo T. Farnsworth” (Schatzkin 1), and ever since
then, it has been one of the most popular
entertainment sources for children and adults alike.
Despite its success, television has also caused many
problems, especially with children. Television leads
to violent behavior, and poor mental health can only
be overcome if parents sit down with their children
and turn off the TV.
When television was first invented, it was an
important device that the whole family could enjoy
together, but over the years, much of the programming
has changed from news and family oriented shows to
fast paced, violent cartoons that only attract
children. These shows depict characters that some
children can relate to, with similar problems and
challenges, but at the same time show these characters
doing violent things and not having any negative
effects. Children start watching at a young age, and
those years are the prime learning years of a child’s
life. If all children see is violence for the first
eight years of their lives, they are naturally going
to act violently in adolescent years. “The most
effective ways to teach children certain behaviors is
through observation and imitation.” (Spock 1). They
see their idols on television shooting, smashing, and
beating each other, so they think these things are
acceptable in the real world. Television also effects
bullying. A study was performed in British Columbia,
and the goal was to show the differences in child
behavior before and after television was introduced.
Studies show that “Second graders were twice as
aggressive towards each other (as measured by acts of
pushing or taunting) after TV as before” (Williams 1)
and “Aggression was the largest effect” (Williams 2)
Some shows on television are educational and stimulate
the child’s mind, but unfortunately, these shows are
in the minority to violent cartoons.
Unlike Violent behavior, which children directly pick
up from television, obesity is more often an indirect
problem. Children do not get overweight just from
watching television, it happens from watching too much
and having unhealthy viewing habits. The more hours a
day kids watch, the less time they spend exercising.
The combination of no exercise and eating unhealthy
foods builds up overtime and increases the amount of
time children spend sitting on the couch. “Not only
are children saturated with commercials generally
promoting unhealthy, sugary and fatty foods, but they
also tend to snack more while watching TV than they
would otherwise.” (Spock 1). This proves that the
combination of too much television and fast food
commercials can make children overweight. In
moderation, this would not be a problem but children
blow it out of proportion. They eat more fast foods
than healthy fruits and vegetables. Since fatty foods
have low sources of energy and high fat content,
children will not have the energy to exercise so they
will sit in front of the television and rot. The only
way to combat this is to not eat while watching
television or balance the child’s with a healthy diet
of fruits and exercise in addition to watching
television. Most children do not see the second
option, so they are doomed to becoming overweight.
Poor mental health is a problem that affects most
children who watch too much television. As with other
problems, this one is caused when children watch more
television than is necessary or responsible.
Television has nearly no shows that are educational,
and the few that are on television are usually geared
toward older adults. Children that watch television do
not wish to see something educational or full with
facts, they want to see their favorite cartoon
characters jumping around and hurting each other.
Television promotes lack of creativity, as shown in a
1973 study: “If TV distracts you from practicing it in
that crucial stage, you may never get good reading
habits.” (Williams 3). That proves that over viewing
can lead to decreased mental health. Television hurts
a child's creativity. A study was performed and
children were given objects and they had to come up
with uses for them. The results also back up this
theory. “There was a noticeable drop in this after TV
came. The raw scores dropped from 32 in Notel Phase 1
to the low 20s with TV, a drop of about 40%.”
(Williams 4)
While television may have some positive effects such
as education, it usually inspires bad choices in
children, such as violent behavior, obesity, and poor
mental heath. This is a serious problem, but it is
easily overcome. Parents need to stop what their doing
during the day and spend some quality time with their
children.

Works Cited Page
The Impact of Television. June 6 2005. December 1
<http://world.std.com/~jlr/comment/tv_impact.htm>
Televisions Impact on your Child. May 20 2000.
American Online. December 1 2006.
<http://www.drspock.com/article/0,1510,3984,00.html>
Schatzkin, Paul. “The Boy Who Invented Television.”
Introduction 1 (2004):
December 1 2006 <
http://www.farnovision.com/chronicles/index.html>
You forgot the ' inbetween the d and the s in childs
Old 12-11-2006, 08:00 PM #1796
hunter2
Vir Super Hostem

I hate SP sooo much.
I give face 200 E-cool points for owning a cocker
x 2 for the pump kit
- 9999999999999999999999999 for owning a ion.
Old 12-11-2006, 08:03 PM #1797
..!..('_')..!.. (Banned)
Has no soul...

Anyone here have a TI-83 or up? I got Mario for mine... So fun... Cant beat 3rd world though... You gotta get it if you have one... Best Calc Game ever... I played it for id say 2 hours today out of 7... lol
Old 12-11-2006, 08:15 PM #1798
JJW319
Welcome Back

Whoah Whoah! How do I get this?

I'm pretty sure I have a TI-83 plus or a TI-84
Old 12-11-2006, 08:17 PM #1799
..!..('_')..!.. (Banned)
Has no soul...

I dont know. I wanted some games, so I asked this ******, and I got like 12 games and SM was one of them. I got all 3 worlds too... And Pheonex, Tetris, Frogger, Falldown, Fast Tunnel, and Asteriods to name a few...
Old 12-11-2006, 08:19 PM #1800
JJW319
Welcome Back

Your Ion would look supa saweet if the body was silver and red...
Old 12-11-2006, 08:28 PM #1801
hunter2
Vir Super Hostem

I'm thinking a CP asa, new bolt and new frame.
Old 12-11-2006, 08:32 PM #1802
..!..('_')..!.. (Banned)
Has no soul...

Nice cocker. Wow. And all this time I thought you were a ******...

JJW- Ha... Funny you should mention that...
Old 12-11-2006, 08:39 PM #1803
JJW319
Welcome Back

Uh Oh....What you do....
Old 12-11-2006, 08:48 PM #1804
..!..('_')..!.. (Banned)
Has no soul...

What? Nothing... What makes you think I did...? ..

Better come to FFF and see...
Old 12-11-2006, 08:57 PM #1805
hunter2
Vir Super Hostem

Quote:
Nice cocker. Wow. And all this time
I've had it for a year now.

Quote:
I thought you were a ******...
very funny

Old 12-11-2006, 09:00 PM #1806
JJW319
Welcome Back

Quote:

Better come to FFF and see...

...I wish...But I couldn't/can't make it...

One of these days I will though...
Closed Thread