Sunday Sep. 24th at 10:30 AM
Register through the website http://www.mvppark.com
, by phone, or by coming to the field.
You will be allowed to register on the 24th until 10:00 AM.
$75 entry fee
Proball $65 / case
Zap spank $55 / case
1st place = $200
2nd place = $100
3rd place = $50
(based on at least ten teams entering, prizes will differ if less than ten teams compete)
- Round one and two matchups will be by random drawing. The points you earn in these rounds will determine the seedings for round three.
- In round three the team with the most points from the first two rounds will play the team with the least points. The team with the second most points will play the team with the second least and so on. Modifications to this rule may be made to ensure that teams do not play the same opponent in round three as they did in rounds one and two.
Rounds 1 & 2 (Round Robin Play)
10:00 min matches
Round 3 (Matchups based on points form the first two rounds)
10:00 min match, winner moves on to the semifinals
Round 4 (Semifinals)
15:00 match with two 7:30 halves (5 min break at the half), winner goes to finals
Round 5 (Finals)
20:00 match with two 10:00 halves (5 min break at the half)
- During each match you will continuously play games until the time is up for that match.
- Once the first game is started the clock will not stop, except for timeouts, until the time is up for that match.
- Each team will be allowed one 1:00 minute timeout per match. Timeouts may only be used in between games during the match.
- You will earn 1 point for a flag pull (center flag) and 2 points for a flag hang during each game.
- After the field is clear (all players on one team are dead) the opposing team will have 15 seconds to hang the flag or no points will be awarded for a flag hang for that game.
- The next game will start one minute after the previous game is declared over and the flag hanger is checked by a ref.
- If you are not ready to play the next game one minute after the previous game you will be declared dead for that game.
- It is the player’s responsibility to wipe all hits from themselves before the next game starts.
- You will not be allowed to leave the field to fill up on air or paint during the match, except during the halftimes of the semifinals and the finals. Bring all the paint that you will use for a match with you onto the field or have your bench warmers refill pods during games. You will be allowed to bring extra pods onto the field and leave them at your dead box until they are needed.
- Cheating, wiping, playing on will result in a loss of that player for the rest of the match and a one for one penalty for that game. Ramping, bouncing, or the use of any program other than true-semi will be considered cheating.
- Once you declare yourself dead or you are called dead by a ref you will immediately return to your deadbox, put your marker down, and prepare for the next game.
- In the event of a tie in Rounds 3, 4, or 5 a tie-breaker match will be played. The format will be the same as the other games except there will be no time limit. The first team to reach seven points will win the match.
- Teams will be allowed to get air and refill their paint before tie-breaker matches.
- Coaching from the sidelines (outside of the safety net) by coaches, spectators, and players not involved in the match will be allowed.
- All refs decisions are final.