Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2006, 11:29 AM #22
bnb5550
Danke Michael.
 
bnb5550's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Nor*Cal -916-
bnb5550 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by peegee
Hmmmmm so we go from an pnumatic spider to a pnumatic tippman good skills there IMO also the 4 eye thing cause that wasnt taken from the JT quadra now was it???? hmmm and just been checking patents jt seems to have one on it could be fun there!
Too bad you dont have the slightest ****ing clue of what you are talking aobut. Shut the **** up.
__________________
MySpace!
FEEDBACK
Jack Bauer once went into a bar, and asked for a 'Jack Bauer'. He received three shots of Jack Daniel's, a shot of kerosene and four shots of tequila mixed. When seeing this, another man approached the bar and asked for a Jack Bauer. He got a 9mm round to the face.
bnb5550 is offline  
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-13-2006, 02:55 PM #23
PORK SWORD
ASM Council-OG Gun Whore.
 
PORK SWORD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Dirty Jersey..in the 609
PORK SWORD is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by <("<)
Meanwhile, Evolve couldn't design a DM bolt that didn't fire a deadly projectile out of the back of the marker. "Good skills there IMO".
DMOWNED!!!!

what's wrong with that...it adds a nice feeling of danger to the day, and who doesn't want that
__________________
I heart Matrixes!!
"We can't stop here..This is Bat Country"
Buy the ticket, take the ride..
PORK SWORD is offline  
Old 09-13-2006, 03:00 PM #24
alastor
Too poor to play Semi
 
alastor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: CSUDH (socal)
 has been a member for 10 years
Reminds me of my cocker days w/out a beavertail
That and one time I heard some guy got shot in his chest w/an Orange bolt while using his timmy b/c the pin broke off.
__________________
Old PBNation feedback
New PBNation feedback
I still flash WAS boards for free, PM me.
alastor is offline  
Old 09-13-2006, 04:48 PM #25
Not a former member
Needs a team
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: (Nor*859*Ken)
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by peegee
Hmmmmm so we go from an pnumatic spider to a pnumatic tippman good skills there IMO also the 4 eye thing cause that wasnt taken from the JT quadra now was it???? hmmm and just been checking patents jt seems to have one on it could be fun there!
Ya, you are a complete idiot







Quote:
Originally Posted by hopelessandsic
they're totally not alike at all.

LIEK OMG! ego ram is different!... QEV's!!1!!111!1

ya, I agree, the ego is more like a rip off of the NME
__________________
Get with the program strip to the slow jam slip on a Trojan kissin' the toes and move to the knees go back, repeat the job ain't done 'til you ruin the sheets
Not a former member is offline  
Old 09-13-2006, 06:33 PM #26
Dr.Hbrt,Actionfigure (Banned)
 
Dr.Hbrt,Actionfigure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: DUUURTY NORTH
holy ****...peegee's right about the jt gun with 4 eyes
Dr.Hbrt,Actionfigure is offline  
Old 09-13-2006, 06:49 PM #27
ryfpballa2
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Egos dont have eblades... nt tho...
ryfpballa2 is offline  
Old 09-13-2006, 06:55 PM #28
mini_moi
 
 
mini_moi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Montreal, Canada
... will you guys also complain about impulses, bushys or borgs that pretty much use the same system? this thread is a waste of time
mini_moi is offline  
Old 09-13-2006, 07:21 PM #29
OPUNboltELEKTRO
The bathroom here is NUTS
 
OPUNboltELEKTRO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: marietta ohio
somebody posted that the sl66 was $1500 if so where? i can't find them for under $1800
__________________
[+9/-0]


Getting back into paintball fund: $0
OPUNboltELEKTRO is offline  
Old 09-13-2006, 07:23 PM #30
peegee
eat at the vine
 
peegee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: bristol
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by bnb5550
Too bad you dont have the slightest ****ing clue of what you are talking aobut. Shut the **** up.

Ok clever man tell me which part of my post wasnt true then prove it wasnt true and i will eat my words..seriously i know a tonne more than you think.

funny how when chatting to the guy who helped bob prototype the first design of this gun he also said to me pnuspider now pnutippman i suppose he doesnt know what he is talking about either

Ahhh the amazing fling bolt scam funny how not once did a bolt actually fly out the kid that claimed it did dissapeared and never showed the pics of it embedded in a door what about the people on the forum that actuly unscrewed the back cap ant then gassed the gun up just to prove a point and the fact it was the best selling bolt to date!!!!!!! hmmm

4 eyes :jt quadra been out for more than a year and also have a patent pending on it!!!

air coming out of the back of the valve and using a sleeve/body to transfer the gas to the bolt : tippman been around a loooooong time

ego , better implimentation of the rammer system,qevs,better build quality,better electronics, smaller and lighter how is that a copy of the timmy??

timmy: spider extrusion made into a pnumatic gun, actual firing technique using pnumatics and a linked bolt taken from the angel!!!!

hey falme me for stating facts rather than the e-bull that is mostly posted
??
Bov'd
peegee is offline  
Old 09-13-2006, 07:51 PM #31
Murder-Hearts
Age of Sleaze
 
Murder-Hearts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 757
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by OPUNboltELEKTRO
somebody posted that the sl66 was $1500 if so where? i can't find them for under $1800
People who pay retail for guns make me LOL.
__________________
Murder-Hearts is offline  
Old 09-13-2006, 08:29 PM #32
team-titanium
steved
 
team-titanium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Cleveland Ohio
 has been a member for 10 years
team-titanium plays in the PSP
team-titanium plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyderowner69
sl66 FOR 1500 is worth the money, trust me, they are leet guns x1000000000000000000000000000

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...43693602998196
FTW

cause there not the same as the 06 ego oh wait they have AGG MILLING mommy daddy get me one
__________________
no.
team-titanium is offline  
Old 09-13-2006, 08:30 PM #33
pber27
CGC!!
 
pber27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Omaha, Nebraska
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by peegee
Ok clever man tell me which part of my post wasnt true then prove it wasnt true and i will eat my words..seriously i know a tonne more than you think.

funny how when chatting to the guy who helped bob prototype the first design of this gun he also said to me pnuspider now pnutippman i suppose he doesnt know what he is talking about either

Ahhh the amazing fling bolt scam funny how not once did a bolt actually fly out the kid that claimed it did dissapeared and never showed the pics of it embedded in a door what about the people on the forum that actuly unscrewed the back cap ant then gassed the gun up just to prove a point and the fact it was the best selling bolt to date!!!!!!! hmmm

4 eyes :jt quadra been out for more than a year and also have a patent pending on it!!!

air coming out of the back of the valve and using a sleeve/body to transfer the gas to the bolt : tippman been around a loooooong time

ego , better implimentation of the rammer system,qevs,better build quality,better electronics, smaller and lighter how is that a copy of the timmy??

timmy: spider extrusion made into a pnumatic gun, actual firing technique using pnumatics and a linked bolt taken from the angel!!!!

hey falme me for stating facts rather than the e-bull that is mostly posted
??
Bov'd

yeh all u guys just been owned.
__________________
Anti-Paintball
"Originally posted by ClassicsRock: I feel so betrayed... :dodgy:

It's cool man. I rip off little kids all the time."

Live: Kensmoe
pber27 is offline  
Old 09-13-2006, 08:40 PM #34
EgoTisTical7
timmy>u
 
EgoTisTical7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
i remeber when everyone had spyders and cockers and electronic guns where nonexistant.
__________________
Rendition Fan club #7
Danni Female BLAST Tech fan club #2
Marq7 Closer
Species Timmy
Naughty Dog timmy red/blk fade
SWP 2-4-05
thump fan club #13
Trauma member #564
EgoTisTical7 is offline  
Old 09-13-2006, 08:41 PM #35
spyderowner69
 
spyderowner69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Ontario
 has been a member for 10 years
no not really

edit ^ above Egotistical
__________________
"Originally posted by haman;32807029: I've never seen so much hate in one thread."


feedback-http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?p=15518788#post15518788
spimmy thread- http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1619242
spyderowner69 is offline  
Old 09-13-2006, 09:09 PM #36
Terry59
Hustler, Hitter, Assassin
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Elk Grove, CA
Annual Supporting Member
Terry59 is a Supporting Member
Terry59 is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Terry59 works for a Paintball manufacturer
Terry59 plays in the USPL
Terry59 plays in the PSP
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by peegee
Ok clever man tell me which part of my post wasnt true then prove it wasnt true and i will eat my words..seriously i know a tonne more than you think.

funny how when chatting to the guy who helped bob prototype the first design of this gun he also said to me pnuspider now pnutippman i suppose he doesnt know what he is talking about either

Ahhh the amazing fling bolt scam funny how not once did a bolt actually fly out the kid that claimed it did dissapeared and never showed the pics of it embedded in a door what about the people on the forum that actuly unscrewed the back cap ant then gassed the gun up just to prove a point and the fact it was the best selling bolt to date!!!!!!! hmmm

4 eyes :jt quadra been out for more than a year and also have a patent pending on it!!!

air coming out of the back of the valve and using a sleeve/body to transfer the gas to the bolt : tippman been around a loooooong time

ego , better implimentation of the rammer system,qevs,better build quality,better electronics, smaller and lighter how is that a copy of the timmy??

timmy: spider extrusion made into a pnumatic gun, actual firing technique using pnumatics and a linked bolt taken from the angel!!!!

hey falme me for stating facts rather than the e-bull that is mostly posted
??
Bov'd
I know that this thread wasn't started in the name of unifying the paintball community, but what's with all the attitude and hate?
By intending to diminish the value of the Intimidator/Onyx designs and Bob's contributions to the sport we all love, by pointing out similarities to less expensive markers, does that make you feel good and better about yourself?
Maybe if I'll start here and point out that the Ego's use of the sleeve for it's ram(mer) system is an intelligent ripoff of the Intimidator. Why intelligent? Because Jack Wood came to the same conclusion as Bob, a sleeve was imperative in order for the ram/valve system to work reliably and consistantly.
Okay, let's touch on the subject of marker eye systems.
Who was first to successfully incorporate break beam eye system in a production marker? And why do you have to marginalize his move to improve on the standard that he established and everybody has since followed?
Now that Bob has adapted, improved or reinvented a firing mechanism that Tippman and all others previous failed to recognize and execute, but to you it's unoriginal and unworthy. Interesting, because in discussing Bob's Onyx design with Manike, way back when the very first Mummy was prototyped, where Manike assisted in the assembly of the first design, he commented to me how ingenious Bob was to come up with the system.
Anyway, that's all got for now, PEACE!
__________________
Bob Long Factory Touring Tech
2010 PSP WORLD CUP Masters Champion Capital Edge Hitters
2010, 2009 UWL Open Class National Champion
2009 Vegas NPPL 1st Place D2 7-man Winner
http://www.boblongdirect.com/http://www.capitaledgepaintball.com/
http://www.tadaotechnologies.com/
http://www.ninjapaintball.com/index.asp
http://www.hkarmy.com/LIVE FREE! DIE FREE! RIP TYSON ALLEN EVENSON
Terry59 is offline  
Old 09-13-2006, 09:17 PM #37
Terry59
Hustler, Hitter, Assassin
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Elk Grove, CA
Annual Supporting Member
Terry59 is a Supporting Member
Terry59 is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Terry59 works for a Paintball manufacturer
Terry59 plays in the USPL
Terry59 plays in the PSP
Oh! Just one more thought.
If there never was a Spyder, would there be an Initimidator? Probably so, maybe would look more like a cocker though.
But if there was never either one, then Eclipse would still be cloning the Cocker.
__________________
Bob Long Factory Touring Tech
2010 PSP WORLD CUP Masters Champion Capital Edge Hitters
2010, 2009 UWL Open Class National Champion
2009 Vegas NPPL 1st Place D2 7-man Winner
http://www.boblongdirect.com/http://www.capitaledgepaintball.com/
http://www.tadaotechnologies.com/
http://www.ninjapaintball.com/index.asp
http://www.hkarmy.com/LIVE FREE! DIE FREE! RIP TYSON ALLEN EVENSON

Last edited by Terry59 : 09-13-2006 at 09:19 PM.
Terry59 is offline  
Old 09-13-2006, 09:24 PM #38
Vegard
LOST
 
Vegard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Norðwegr
Vegard is a Supporting Member
Vegard is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Vegard is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry59
I know that this thread wasn't started in the name of unifying the paintball community, but what's with all the attitude and hate?
By intending to diminish the value of the Intimidator/Onyx designs and Bob's contributions to the sport we all love, by pointing out similarities to less expensive markers, does that make you feel good and better about yourself?
Maybe if I'll start here and point out that the Ego's use of the sleeve for it's ram(mer) system is an intelligent ripoff of the Intimidator. Why intelligent? Because Jack Wood came to the same conclusion as Bob, a sleeve was imperative in order for the ram/valve system to work reliably and consistantly.
Okay, let's touch on the subject of marker eye systems.
Who was first to successfully incorporate break beam eye system in a production marker? And why do you have to marginalize his move to improve on the standard that he established and everybody has since followed?
Now that Bob has adapted, improved or reinvented a firing mechanism that Tippman and all others previous failed to recognize and execute, but to you it's unoriginal and unworthy. Interesting, because in discussing Bob's Onyx design with Manike, way back when the very first Mummy was prototyped, where Manike assisted in the assembly of the first design, he commented to me how ingenious Bob was to come up with the system.
Anyway, that's all got for now, PEACE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry59
Oh! Just one more thought.
If there never was a Spyder, would there be an Initimidator? Probably so, maybe would look more like a cocker though.
But if there was never either one, then Eclipse would still be cloning the Cocker.
Someone have mustard in their bum regarding eclipse. (FYI Terry: Manike isn`t god)
__________________
NORWAY
Feedback-Feedback-Feedback
I'm from Norway and I smell like a Polar Bear
-growing older is mandatory – growing up is optional-

Last edited by Vegard : 09-13-2006 at 09:27 PM.
Vegard is offline  
Old 09-13-2006, 09:35 PM #39
Terry59
Hustler, Hitter, Assassin
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Elk Grove, CA
Annual Supporting Member
Terry59 is a Supporting Member
Terry59 is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Terry59 works for a Paintball manufacturer
Terry59 plays in the USPL
Terry59 plays in the PSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegard
Someone have mustard in their bum regarding eclipse.
Why do you say that, have I disparaged Eclipse in any way?
Like peegee, I have only stated to what I believe are the facts.
I thought I was complementing Eclipse in copying the ram sleeve design, it's obvious why they adopted it, it not only shows merit of Bob's idea, and prove the marker's worthiness.
I respect what the Ego has done for Eclipse, but there is no discounting the fact what Jack Wood use as a platform to base the Ego off of.
__________________
Bob Long Factory Touring Tech
2010 PSP WORLD CUP Masters Champion Capital Edge Hitters
2010, 2009 UWL Open Class National Champion
2009 Vegas NPPL 1st Place D2 7-man Winner
http://www.boblongdirect.com/http://www.capitaledgepaintball.com/
http://www.tadaotechnologies.com/
http://www.ninjapaintball.com/index.asp
http://www.hkarmy.com/LIVE FREE! DIE FREE! RIP TYSON ALLEN EVENSON
Terry59 is offline  
Old 09-13-2006, 09:36 PM #40
<("<)
One Among the Fence
 
<("<)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Queen City
<("<) is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegard
Someone have mustard in their bum regarding eclipse. (FYI Terry: Manike isn`t god)
FYI:Neither is Jack Wood or Nicky T. But just like Jack Wood, Manike is one of the best brains in this industry. There's no reason not to respect his opinion. Especially considering he's a competitor.
<("<) is offline  
Old 09-13-2006, 09:36 PM #41
icdbko32
its black not ninja!!!
 
icdbko32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Ontario, Canada
quit bashing systems and guns, people build guns, other people make them better, so what. its all preference in the end neways. suck it up and quit *****ing about other guns.
icdbko32 is offline  
Old 09-13-2006, 09:43 PM #42
Lurker27
Engineering the Future
 
Lurker27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Annual Supporting Member
Lurker27 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Lurker27 posts videos on PbNation
Lurker27 has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel
To be fair, the ego ram design is a little different in that the forward and back strokes are BOTH behind the bolt pin
__________________
World's Best Hard-Parts Upgrades!
EigenBarrels, Mini, AXE, Intimidators, DM, Shocker
Lurker27 is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump