Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 09-13-2006, 11:00 AM #22
JKW
BLAST Factory Tech.

JKW is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC991999
was anyone else dissapointed about the way the gun worked? I checked it out at SD, but it didnt really live up to the hype. the gun is more of an in-line timmy, sort of a re-organization of the same internals. Also the fact that Bob is continuing the production of the intimidator shows that this "new technology" isnt really as revolutionary as he was telling everyone.
just a thought, wanted to know if anyone else shared my feelings.
Well, Bob repeatedly said the new gun was an inline poppet type design. On many, many occasions, I have heard him say "its a Timmy at heart". However, when he says new technology he is accurate there too. No other gun uses the same radial type poppet valve as is implemented in the Onyx. A valve designed to provide the same linear air flow of the spool valve designs, with efficiency of the ram/poppet design. No other gun uses the quad eye (my words) technology, or even attempts to mimic it's true function. And, no other gun has brought us a way to drop the loader down onto the gun so far, yet still allow the use, and benefit from the strength of, a full and un-cut loader feed nipple. These three traits alone are very functional, very unique features seen for the first time in the Onyx.

I am not trying to be an *** or bash you in any way, but I want to tell you that Bob delivered EXACTLY what he was saying he would, and then ADDED some things on top of it. If you were led to believe something else, you were listening to the uninformed and your expectations were unrealistic.
Bob Long Adrenalin Sports Technology Factory Touring Tech.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-13-2006, 11:04 AM #23
alphanu22
(◣_◢)

Annual Supporting Member
alphanu22 is a Supporting Member
alphanu22 is a Paintball photographer
alphanu22 works for a Paintball manufacturer
daymn listen to simon- <3

Last edited by alphanu22 : 09-13-2006 at 01:58 PM.
Old 09-14-2006, 08:11 AM #24
4thDegree

Quote:
Originally Posted by manike
Heck he assembles them in a facility on his own property about 200 yards from his house. Now that's a great commute!
That would definitely suck if you wanted to play hookie and call in sick and go hunting.....Oh, wait. He is the boss....NVM!

As for disappointments...it is just not being very patient while waiting for us non-techs to be able to get one and be mowing faces with the big boys. Congrats to all you that already have one.
www.firstcallpaintball.com
POWER - Performance Optimized Weapon Enhancement Research
Pro Paintball Weekly

Last edited by 4thDegree : 09-14-2006 at 08:14 AM.
Old 09-14-2006, 08:28 AM #25
pimpinsaylor (Banned)

pimpinsaylor is a Supporting Member
I'd like to shoot this gun. Looks nice, but it's nothing revolutionary.
Old 09-14-2006, 08:32 AM #26
96 Ls lnteg
Hola

Annual Supporting Member
96 Ls lnteg is a Supporting Member
96 Ls lnteg is a Paintball photographer
96 Ls lnteg owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpinsaylor
I'd like to shoot this gun. Looks nice, but it's nothing revolutionary.
Read this taken from this post

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKW
Well, Bob repeatedly said the new gun was an inline poppet type design. On many, many occasions, I have heard him say "its a Timmy at heart". However, when he says new technology he is accurate there too. No other gun uses the same radial type poppet valve as is implemented in the Onyx. A valve designed to provide the same linear air flow of the spool valve designs, with efficiency of the ram/poppet design. No other gun uses the quad eye (my words) technology, or even attempts to mimic it's true function. And, no other gun has brought us a way to drop the loader down onto the gun so far, yet still allow the use, and benefit from the strength of, a full and un-cut loader feed nipple. These three traits alone are very functional, very unique features seen for the first time in the Onyx.

I am not trying to be an *** or bash you in any way, but I want to tell you that Bob delivered EXACTLY what he was saying he would, and then ADDED some things on top of it. If you were led to believe something else, you were listening to the uninformed and your expectations were unrealistic.
Old 09-14-2006, 08:53 AM #27
pimpinsaylor (Banned)

pimpinsaylor is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96 Ls lnteg
Read this taken from this post
Ah. I forgot about the quad eyes. The air flow is cool. I retract my statement. This might just be my next gun, if they can make them look nice with ripper milling.