PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 07-12-2007, 11:22 PM #1
Gonzoso

Removing safety

I have been told by many people that removing the safety makes the trigger pull lighter. I do not see how this would work, but as I said, many people have told me this. Has anyone else made this observation? How does it improve it if it does work? btw, I have a hinge frame.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-12-2007, 11:41 PM #2
waynes

This will not make the pull any lighter. All the safety does is actualy stop the front of the sear from being lifted. When the safety's off nothing touches it. If you want a lighter pull take the spring in the front of the frame out and get a roller sear.
Old 07-13-2007, 01:50 PM #3
Gonzoso

sear

I have a roller sear, and I found that with the trigger return spring out and the roller sear in, my trigger does not have enough force to come back all the way, so sometimes it half strokes on me when i am ripping it. Thanks for the info.