Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-20-2012, 06:54 PM #421
graspmine

I have a 2010 independence never really use. But a while back i had leak from behind lpr sent it to jack Scott said he replace the o ring with a larger one. I took my alien out of the box and when it is aired up the gun goes full auto it fires when not even powered up. I also notice the leak is still there and when aired up the body and the noid housing seperate. Should I send this back in or is there a fix i have never seen this before.
graspmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-20-2012, 07:49 PM #422
Jack Rice

Jack Rice works for a Paintball manufacturer
Jack Rice posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by graspmine View Post
when it is aired up the gun goes full auto it fires when not even powered up. I also notice the leak is still there .
The reason is goes full auto is that is the solenoid venting so it doesn't just blow up.
Turn the LPR down - that is also the reason it leaks - anther sign it is venting.

EDIT: Could be also that one of the O'Rings to the LPR is cut and air is getting past the LPR

Quote:
when aired up, the body and the noid housing separate
Is this the ram body you are talking about? The solenoid separates from the Ram body? If so then the screws to the solenoid need to be tightened. But that sounds strange - unless you have the gun mostly taken apart. Maybe you should restated what separates from what.

Last edited by Jack Rice : 02-20-2012 at 07:53 PM.
Jack Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 08:14 PM #423
graspmine

your right im sorry I miss spoke the smaller section of the body that the noid connects to seems to seperate from the large section I checked all orings all looks well. Seems like when I turn the lpr down it stops the full auto but not the leak. it there a rule of thumb for the lpr, as in the egos being flush kind of thing?
Old 02-20-2012, 10:33 PM #424
Jack Rice

Quote:
the smaller section of the body that the noid connects to seems to seperate from the large section
That's not good - all you can do is take a pair of needle nose and squish the metal band tighter, you can see where it indented by the machine that makes them. But if it's leaking between pieces in the solenoid - it's gone.

Quote:
Seems like when I turn the lpr down it stops the full auto but not the leak.
Yes, full auto is only when you really over-pressurize.The gun shoots in the low 60's and it full autos above 120.

Quote:
Is there a rule of thumb for the lpr, as in the egos being flush kind of thing?
Again the gun shoot is low 60' so there is a wide range - The bolt should push easily forward with your index finger - but hard to push forward with your pinky finger.
Old 02-21-2012, 04:29 PM #425
graspmine

Okay so today I found the leak it was the hose im replacing it now

Last edited by graspmine : 02-21-2012 at 04:35 PM.
Old 02-21-2012, 04:34 PM #426
l1ryan1l
<3<3<3<3<3<3 SLOTHS!!!!!

l1ryan1l is an NCPA player
l1ryan1l plays in the APPA D4 division
l1ryan1l is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
l1ryan1l supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Okay so today I found out the leak inside the gun was the hose I replaced it and turned the hpr down as far it goes I then turned the lpr out and the leak behind the lpr stopped if i turn the lpr in about two truns in from flush it starts to leak again though. So where I am at now.

I have no leaks, unless i turn my lpr in.

The gun shoots, does not go full auto.

But I cant get the gun to shoot any lower than 305 fps. I can turn the lpr in out doesnt make a difference other than the leak. The hpr is threaded all the way in. If i turn the hpr out it gradually goes as high as 370fps
are all the shims in the proper order?
l1ryan1l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 04:42 PM #427
Jack Rice

Quote:
Originally Posted by l1ryan1l View Post
are all the shims in the proper order?
Old 02-21-2012, 05:48 PM #428
PaintFreak98

PaintFreak98 plays in the PSP
PaintFreak98 is an NCPA player
PaintFreak98 plays in the APPA D4 division
What size are the two orings inside the Alien on/off from the Independence?

2010 Alien Independence - White/Black/Slime Green

Gearbag Sale! Something for everyone! Guns, Gear, Cloths, Gun Parts, and MORE!

OLD FEEDBACK +16/-0
PaintFreak98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 06:05 PM #429
graspmine

Nope Im missing a shim.
Old 02-21-2012, 06:12 PM #430
graspmine

could this be the route of all these issues
Old 02-21-2012, 06:48 PM #431
graspmine

Okay so here is the deal now I have all my reg shims in place properly I can now control velocity. I went by jacks rule of thumb with the lpr trick I have it set so when I air the gun up I can push the bolt forward with my index finger but not easily with my pinky finger. Here is the tricky part, when I first air the gun up it is easy to push forward but if I wait about fifteen to twenty second between shots the lpr seems to creep, it gets so hard that i can hardly push it forward with my thumb if I fire a shot it gets easy again but about fifteen twenty seconds later its hard again. is the lpr or the hpr creeping.
Old 02-21-2012, 06:58 PM #432
graspmine

Okay I just answered that for myself I took the hpr off a perfectly working gun and it does the same thing so that means my lpr is creeping what do i do about that the orings look fine.
Old 02-22-2012, 05:26 PM #433
l1ryan1l
<3<3<3<3<3<3 SLOTHS!!!!!

Quote:
Nope Im missing a shim.
missing shim in HPR will make it difficult to chrono high enough. but your still having high velocity issues.. this makes me say your LPR is creeping

Quote:
Okay so here is the deal now I have all my reg shims in place properly I can now control velocity. I went by jacks rule of thumb with the lpr trick I have it set so when I air the gun up I can push the bolt forward with my index finger but not easily with my pinky finger. Here is the tricky part, when I first air the gun up it is easy to push forward but if I wait about fifteen to twenty second between shots the lpr seems to creep, it gets so hard that i can hardly push it forward with my thumb if I fire a shot it gets easy again but about fifteen twenty seconds later its hard again. is the lpr or the hpr creeping.
it's the LPR im pretty sure. try relubing LPR o-rings, if the LPR still creeps there is a seal at the bottom of the piston may need to be replaced

if you dont know what i'm talking about refer to the manual, it should be on page 11, and its part #9 in the picture

Last edited by l1ryan1l : 02-22-2012 at 05:30 PM.
Old 02-22-2012, 07:25 PM #434
graspmine

Yeah your right this is kind of weird that the piston seal is bad because the gun has less than three cases through it. I have tried re lubing and its a no go.
Old 02-22-2012, 10:22 PM #435
l1ryan1l
<3<3<3<3<3<3 SLOTHS!!!!!

Quote:
Yeah your right this is kind of weird that the piston seal is bad because the gun has less than three cases through it. I have tried re lubing and its a no go.
depending on the quality of your tank reg, your tank may have spiked causing damage to that particular seal... another possible cause is if you happened to get sand/dirt or some other grit in your asa that managed to make its way past the HPR and into the LPR thus causing issues..... it could also be possible that if you screwed in your LPR screw in too much and too hard that it could harm the seal in some way..

what does the seal look like?

Last edited by l1ryan1l : 02-22-2012 at 10:25 PM.
Old 02-22-2012, 11:13 PM #436
graspmine

The seal looks okay my tank is a new crossfire reg and works great on every other gun I have including my other alien my dm 9 and mini. my fills are spotless as my field has a brand new bour system.
Old 02-22-2012, 11:35 PM #437
l1ryan1l
<3<3<3<3<3<3 SLOTHS!!!!!

have you ever taken apart the LPR before?

try replacing the o-rings in your LPR to see if that solves the issue.. even if they look good.. make sure everything is clean too... i had a leak from my rammer cuz there was some hair in between the ram and the o-ring... little stuff like that can cause issues, lube with a thick lube such as magna lube, lurker lube, sl33k, PE grease, malitia lube etc.. not thin lubes like hatersauce or slick honey. do not use liquid lubricants

Last edited by l1ryan1l : 02-22-2012 at 11:40 PM.
Old 02-23-2012, 10:24 AM #438
graspmine

Yes I am very familiar with the lpr and working on all guns as I work at a local field I just find that these issues are something that I have never heard of or seen any other gun do. Even looking through help threads today in other forums no other players have posted issues even close to these. I have tried magna lube and it was a no go. Ill replace the orings and see if there is a difference.
Old 02-23-2012, 01:19 PM #439
l1ryan1l
<3<3<3<3<3<3 SLOTHS!!!!!

Kay, rest assure this has happened to other guns, happened to one of my egos, and some other egos, creeds and a few oter markers
Old 02-23-2012, 06:35 PM #440
graspmine

I got it fixed it was the small oring inside the lpr that sets down inside the groove the piston shaft rides on.
Old 02-23-2012, 09:41 PM #441
l1ryan1l
<3<3<3<3<3<3 SLOTHS!!!!!

Quote:
I got it fixed it was the small oring inside the lpr that sets down inside the groove the piston shaft rides on.