Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 09-05-2006, 12:15 AM #1
cwapman
Acta virum probant

cwapman is a Supporting Member
cwapman is playing at Living Legends III
cwapman owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Ask The Ref

Hey here is the SD version of ask the ref.. the boston one worked out well so lets start it up agen Heres the original post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacobelldeathsquad
Gentleman,

I probabaly shouldn't be posting as a matter of a professional ethics standpoint. But here goes.

If you have a question or a need for validation of a "call" or a rules clarification, ask me. Intelligently, clearly and without any embellishment. I will promise to give you an answer as closely pertinent to the rule book as possible. I have read and understood the rulebook for quite some time. I have actually had occasion as a player to have rules calls overturned because I knew the rule book better then the reffs. Ask Rosie. HE taught me. Thats why he helped me make it to the NXL. Thats why I was asked by Chuck to come to the NPPL. I Love Paintball. I play and have played in all the leagues. I have felt your pain and been on the bad side of a call. I missed finals by 1 point. I have seen it all on both sides of the mask.

In all my experience as a ref I have learned this. Players on all levels respect me for the reff that I am. Fair, unbiased, and above all else, respectful. That being said, I am no ones friend. Behind that mask and black and white stripes it is all business. I know a lot of players and owners. I dont care who wins. I care about a game where I can make sure that safety is my one and only concern. Unfortuately some people decide that I must also proactively enforce rules that they should ALL abide by. This takes away from the time I need to make sure you as players get the opportunity to spotlight our sport into the mainstream where it belongs.

Gentlemen, I challenge you. Play paintball. Don't cheat paintball and yourself and you will see the difference. And I and all the REAL people will applaud you. And yo will get what you desire.

COMPETITION, SPORT and a true sense of what it means to be a true ATHLETE.

My Name is KIMO,

nice to meet you.

p.s. I will never hide behind a screen name.

By the way im Dan
NPPL REF #22
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-05-2006, 12:18 AM #2
pa1ntball 56
Hi my name isn't Titties

pa1ntball 56 plays in the PSP
pa1ntball 56 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
pa1ntball 56 is an NCPA player
pa1ntball 56 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
are you guys going to be strict on mask- well with ear pieces and such i know but the top of flex 8's, mine is cut but i have the piece that i cut off that i can clip back on if it makes a difference

edit- also please at the refs meeting please mention that the players would like it if the refs on ALL fields yelled go as well as dropped there arms, in boston on the cronic field the ref did not yell go he just dropped his arm and the pictures from the cronic field reflect how bad this was for teams, 3 guys sprinting shooting and 4 still touching the box....... it throws teams off. thanks

Last edited by pa1ntball 56 : 09-05-2006 at 12:37 AM.
Old 09-05-2006, 05:37 AM #3
~OA-Soldier~

Cwapman, How are you so cool?

-Glen
Old 09-05-2006, 07:08 AM #4
mrmag911
Spam ftw!

mrmag911 plays in the APPA D4 division
Cwapman, are you going to SD?

Old Feedback: +40/-0
Old 09-05-2006, 11:28 AM #5
cwapman
Acta virum probant

cwapman is a Supporting Member
cwapman is playing at Living Legends III
cwapman owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
i was on the list and got confermation but they messed up my flight info and all that so i talked to them and they said well just get you in LA and you sit this one out .. i was BS.. but w/e
NPPL REF #22
Old 09-05-2006, 11:57 AM #6
3xX
SGR

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by pa1ntball 56
are you guys going to be strict on mask- well with ear pieces and such i know but the top of flex 8's, mine is cut but i have the piece that i cut off that i can clip back on if it makes a difference

edit- also please at the refs meeting please mention that the players would like it if the refs on ALL fields yelled go as well as dropped there arms, in boston on the cronic field the ref did not yell go he just dropped his arm and the pictures from the cronic field reflect how bad this was for teams, 3 guys sprinting shooting and 4 still touching the box....... it throws teams off. thanks
Goggles must be in their original form from their manufacturer, there won't be any exceptions. So if you cut the ears, cut or trimmed the goggles, or modified in any way, you won't be allowed on the field.

In regards to starting the game, the head ref should be the only one who raises their arm signalling the ten second count down, and signals the start of the game by dropping their arm.
Old 09-05-2006, 12:04 PM #7
mrmag911
Spam ftw!

You beat me to it 3xX Will you be reffing in SD?

Old 09-05-2006, 08:07 PM #8
pa1ntball 56
Hi my name isn't Titties

but is just dropping there arm signifigant? all the fields in boston said go along with the drop, center court even has the speakers and the cronic field head ref just dropped his arm, atleast make it uniform if its on one field have it on all of them. our break-outs would change if we know u would have to be looking at the guy the whole time to see his arm drop
Old 09-05-2006, 08:23 PM #9
mrmag911
Spam ftw!

I'll be sure to mention this during the captain's meeting. Along with the arm drop, the starting ref should also make some verbal annoucement, like the "Go go go go!!!" And you are right, it should be uniform.

When in doubt, make sure you or your captain asks the Flag Judge or Head Judge how and where the start will be coming from.

Hope this helps!

Old 09-05-2006, 10:14 PM #10
pa1ntball 56
Hi my name isn't Titties

im gonna make sure to bring it up at the captions meeting