Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 09-14-2006, 09:28 PM #1
CoolHand
LogicPaintball.com

CoolHand is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Bridgeport Milling Machine F/S

What I have here is a Series I Bridgeport milling machine. It is a "knee type" mill, meaning the table comes up to meet the head, instead of the head moving down to meet the table (which is how a "bed type" works).

The machine is a '70's vintage, with a 2 HP vari-speed head, spindle speeds 50-4200 RPM (the 2J head for those who know the models). It has a 9"x42" table, with manual feeds on all axes (IE cranks ).

Condition wise, it is a 30 yr old machine. It's in pretty durned good shape for being so old, but it does have it's creaks. The head grumbles a little bit at the high end of the RPM range, but it's still got a few years left before a rebuild will be needed. The spindle bearings are in pretty good shape, no noise or heat. No cracked castings anywhere, all the cinch bolts in the head and ram are intact (IE not stripped). The gibs are pretty good, a fuzz tight at the very end of the X axis travel, but all the other axes are good throughout their travel. All the gibs are adjusted very well, and the table tracks as square as I can measure (IE it's less than 0.001" out of square). The ways are all in good shape, most of the flaking still remains, but there is wear. The Y axis ways are good, no WoW at all (or rather, I cannot measure it), the X axis has about 0.003" of WoW over the entire 36" travel, which isn't bad at all for a machine of this age. The knee has about a thou (0.001") of rock in it from locked to unlocked, which again, isn't bad at all for a machine of it's age.

It is wired for 240 volt 3 phase power, but can be rewired for 480 volt pretty easily. You'll need a phase converter if you want to run it off of single phase home power.

This is an excellent machine for an accomplish amateur, or the beginner who doesn't want to buy another machine when they get good. This machine will cut pretty much anything you can manhandle onto the table.

Machine is about 75" W x 68" D x 85" H, and weighs ~2000 lbs. It will have to be shipped truck freight, or you can pick it up with a decent truck and a flatbed trailer. I will load the machine for free so long as we can do it with a forklift. If you can't get it into your transportation with a forklift, you will be responsible for arranging and paying for rigging and loading here too.

Price: $3000 OBO

I also have a lot of spares for this machine that I will toss in for another $500. New Spindle Bearings ($300 value right there), new vari-speed sleeves, new vari-speed belt, assorted bushings and bearings, and a few sundries. All of which add up to way more than $500 if you were to buy them new. You're most of the way to a rebuild kit already with this stuff, so you'll be prepared in ten years when it's time.

Pics:

That is all.

"Our freedom is not for sale, and we reserve the right to defend it from theft." - Doc Zero

www.Logic-Industries.com - Click Here to Email Me - AO Feedback - PBN Feedback

Last edited by CoolHand : 09-14-2006 at 09:30 PM.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-15-2006, 11:24 PM #2
CoolHand
LogicPaintball.com

Bump

"Our freedom is not for sale, and we reserve the right to defend it from theft." - Doc Zero

Old 09-17-2006, 12:02 AM #3
CoolHand
LogicPaintball.com

Old 09-17-2006, 04:41 AM #4
angel4life1
Stackin' Chips

angel4life1 is a Supporting Member
I wish i had the cash to buy this from you Ryan. Its so pristine, and would go along nice with my SB heavy 10.