PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 09-01-2006, 11:27 PM #1
crazyguns06

@leak!@!@!@@!

got a leak guys it seems to be coming from the bolt. when i take the bolt out it leaks mega..... help needed thanks... btw my tech isnt answering his phone... where is the love..
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-01-2006, 11:32 PM #2
Exit Wounds
doesn't play paintball.

What kind of gun? Do you have any aftermarket parts? What does your gauge (if you have one) read? We need to know a little more information before we can help you, although I imagine you have a bad seal in the valve. An inspection and either a new oring or a little lube ought to do it, but I'm not the greatest experts on leaks in this forum so somebody else can probably help you with more precision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyguns06
my tech isnt answering his phone... where is the love..
Wellllllllll, its 11:30 pm on the East Coast, so most businesses in the country have closed by now.
Old 09-01-2006, 11:41 PM #3
crazyguns06

totally stock remains... BTW im in westcoast and hes the extreme extractors tech...
Old 09-01-2006, 11:45 PM #4
Exit Wounds
doesn't play paintball.

Wow, you've got good connections

Are you comfortable removing the valve? It can get pretty dicey if you don't know what your doing.
Old 09-01-2006, 11:50 PM #5
crazyguns06

lmao know wut im doing? lol good1... jp but really i thought it was going to be an oring or sumthing i guess ill just wait till the morning and wake mr. tech up he sold me the gun he should fix it lol. and yes exit i do have the connections if u look at it that way
Old 09-02-2006, 06:23 PM #6
crazyguns06

ok if ne1 is still payign attention my tech isnt answering if he was my employee he would be fired. Ok so i took my gun apart seems to be a bad noid cause its comign from the ram assembly area...
Old 09-02-2006, 06:33 PM #7
Exit Wounds
doesn't play paintball.

That rarely indicates a bad noid. Where exactly is it leaking from? You can put a tiny bit of soapy water on suspect areas to see where it bubbles, and there's your leak (just don't let water get into the solenoid). My first guess is that its leaking from the manifold. Squeeze the ram and solenoid together, does the leak go away? If so, your mounting screws have come loose (normal), and you should use some blue loctite or teflon tape on them to prevent them from vibrating out in the future (be careful, don't let either of these get into the noid or ram).

Your LPR might be too high and it is venting in order to avoid damaging the solenoid. Turn the lpr to flush and start from there (over a chrony, simlutaneosuly decreasing the HPR to stay in the right velocity range).

EDIT: Also make sure its not just leaking from the barb where the hose is, but that should be obvious.
Old 09-03-2006, 02:40 AM #8
crazyguns06

hey i do think its the noid sure do hope that i don't need to send the gun in. im already missing out on this weekend which is no fun. hope mr tech answers his phone
Old 09-03-2006, 02:54 AM #9
USMarine928
face shooter

he just said its highly unlikely, somehow i doubt you know the in's and outs of your gun, or chances are your problem would be fixed...exit just gave you some good information. now use it.

Huge Gearbag EmptyOut ♥JT♥EVIL♥VL♥SMARTPARTS♥ECT.♥

l www.nyp8nt.com l l FEPMAFIA. l lfeedback +17/-0 l l fepowners.com l l alienog.com l 9/4/06 RIP Steve Irwin