Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-12-2006, 08:03 PM #106
.Pablo Escobar.

What kind of gaymo uses a webcam anyways? Thats not the point.. Ok so you save 21 bucks? Still, the price is insanly higher on the macbook... And thats not even using the coupons I used on the dell..

"Originally posted by jake21: yea, she just comes off as if she could be the girl next door. inocent and sexy, you know, the one you watch out your window when she is swimming in her poop :runaway:"

.Pablo Escobar. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-12-2006, 08:04 PM #107
igotbannedon5_18
Feels Good Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Pablo Escobar.
Still, the price is insanly higher on the macbook....

No, it's not... that statement is still simply incorrect.
igotbannedon5_18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 08:12 PM #108
Emert426
Proud Circle Jerk Member

im selling my HP dv8000 and lost the original box. I'm having trouble finding out the specs for this thing, anyone know how I would go about getting all of that? I looked on google but I get diff. results, some will say one thing, another will say something completely different. Apparently thereis a dv800t and 8000z, I dont even know how to find this out lol. It doesnt apear anywhere on the notebook itself

any ideas?
Pump Gun Pimp #00 ~ Official Pump Gun Fan

Carter Machine: Carry On The Tradition
Old PBN Feedback
Emert426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 08:27 PM #109
mrr.guy
Got Milk?

^i IM'd you,ill help you.

And guys, what the heck..this is a laptop help thread. Not a notebook ramble thread. Take it to PM's..
But can anyone help me with finding one?
Old 09-12-2006, 08:27 PM #110
.Pablo Escobar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by igotbannedon5_18
No, it's not... that statement is still simply incorrect.
Ok... Maybe not insainly, but enough to make me not want one... And I coudl get what I posted for under 1000 if I really tried and maybe waited a week or so...

"Originally posted by jake21: yea, she just comes off as if she could be the girl next door. inocent and sexy, you know, the one you watch out your window when she is swimming in her poop :runaway:"

Old 09-12-2006, 08:28 PM #111
.Pablo Escobar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrr.guy
^i IM'd you,ill help you.

And guys, what the heck..this is a laptop help thread. Not a notebook ramble thread. Take it to PM's..
But can anyone help me with finding one?
I acually think that our arguement is relevant to the thread... We are compareing options, and I posted a few good setups for people interested.. They are laptops arent they?

Old 09-12-2006, 09:19 PM #112
igotbannedon5_18
Feels Good Man

I don't understand why there's all the hate on macs... It seems like PC people think that Macs are the devil or something. I have 2 PC's (One desktop, and 1 notebook (4 month old Sony Vaio)) and 1 Mac (Macbook)

I just feel that it is built/designed better than the VAIO (I've had a Dell and a Compaq Presario in the past, and the quality of the VAIO is way better than both) I also love OS X.

People always swear by Dell, just because they are cheap, but their design is mediocre. I don't know what it is, but Dell's and Compaq always have a bulky, kinda flimsy feel to them, and kina like they aren't put together tightly.

My VAIO and Macbook both have that well designed feel to them. Like everything fits right and it feels like they thought about it for a while before they built the thing.

EDIT: I also have used an IBM thinkpad alot at work, and I have a friend with the gateway. The Gateway seems to go the way of the Dell and Compaq, but The IBM seemed well built. The thinkpad was a year or so old though, so I don't know what they're like now that they are built by Lenovo.

Last edited by igotbannedon5_18 : 09-12-2006 at 09:21 PM.
Old 09-12-2006, 09:49 PM #113
.Pablo Escobar.

I don't hate macs.. I had one. I like them more than PC's for everything but gaming, but thats irrelevent. I just think that their hardware is overpriced. Believe me, if I oculd have had a mac with the same specs as my computer, for the same price, or ever 100 more, I would.

And Idk, if Dell and Apple changed, but when I had my iBook, it was flimsy as hell.. The pieces moved if oyu presssed too hard. Now my Dell is solid.. its light for its size, but it feels better made than my iBook and my brother's imac g5.

Old 09-12-2006, 09:50 PM #114
ST:T Resident Canadian

Quote:
I don't understand why there's all the hate on macs... It seems like PC people think that Macs are the devil or something. I have 2 PC's (One desktop, and 1 notebook (4 month old Sony Vaio)) and 1 Mac (Macbook)

I just feel that it is built/designed better than the VAIO (I've had a Dell and a Compaq Presario in the past, and the quality of the VAIO is way better than both) I also love OS X.

People always swear by Dell, just because they are cheap, but their design is mediocre. I don't know what it is, but Dell's and Compaq always have a bulky, kinda flimsy feel to them, and kina like they aren't put together tightly.

My VAIO and Macbook both have that well designed feel to them. Like everything fits right and it feels like they thought about it for a while before they built the thing.

EDIT: I also have used an IBM thinkpad alot at work, and I have a friend with the gateway. The Gateway seems to go the way of the Dell and Compaq, but The IBM seemed well built. The thinkpad was a year or so old though, so I don't know what they're like now that they are built by Lenovo.
We don't hate Macs, we hate the bullheaded idiots who buy them because "they're sleek", "they're better because it's an Apple", "You can look indy if you buy one". You're sounding an awful lot like one. You just refuse to admit that you can get better performance out of Dell for a cheaper price. You know it's true, just accept it.

And no the Mac is not "superior" to editing. It is just a standard, like the Harley Davidson is the badass motorcycle to get. If two computers have the same hardware, but different OS's, programs like Photoshop are not going to work better on the Mac OS just because, "It's a Mac". I realize you didn't say anything about editing, but I'm trying to stop this argument once and for all.

Unless someone has the money to spend on a Mac for the looks of it, then they probably shouldn't do it. 95% of people here are bargain shoppers with low budgets and they don't want to spend more money for less power, regardless of how "flimsy" you say it is. If you treat any item with respect it is not simply going to break.
"Originally posted by zellthemedic: I swear Ian. You're my roll model."

ST:Tech - We has Canadians
12345421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 11:02 PM #115
Metninja

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:

So basically you like your mac because it looks better than most laptops. Congratulations, I agree with you but I can guarantee you paid too much for a laptop with far lower specs than you would have if you bought an equally priced Dell. Macs are expensive and impractical. Only reason I would consider one would be that perhaps i spend TOO much time playing BF2. But at least I can. While Im playing BF2 on the wireless network at school, my friend is trying to figure out how to get his mac to connect.
Old 09-13-2006, 02:43 AM #116
.Pablo Escobar.

Oh, if I made it seem like I don't like the size and design, because I do. Even before Apple became so popular, I always said that one good thing about them is most definitly their design team. Look at the damn boxes they use.. My dell box was cardboard. I guess that you could say Dell and apple kindof have a Lexus/Toyota relationship..

Old 09-13-2006, 09:55 AM #117
Ag-RyanČ
Jellymen

Ag-RyanČ donated to help Peyton Trent
Ag-RyanČ supports our troops
Ag-RyanČ is an NCPA player
i just got a new laptop, and im lovin it, but alot of the pictures that i see (ie. myspace pictures, pictures in these forums) are incredibly grainy. is there anyway i can fix that?

also, whats a good web browser to get? ive heard firefox is good but that it also uses up more memory than is needed

Last edited by Ag-RyanČ : 09-13-2006 at 10:04 AM.
Ag-RyanČ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 02:54 PM #118
igotbannedon5_18
Feels Good Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12345421
You just refuse to admit that you can get better performance out of Dell for a cheaper price. You know it's true, just accept it.

95% of people here are bargain shoppers with low budgets and they don't want to spend more money for less power
No, I'm saying that you get the same performance for about the same price. You guys need to look at it... People say "Macs are expensive" but really, just some of them are. I admit, the Macbook Pro and the Pac Pro's are really over priced, but if you look at the Macbook, it is extremely well priced. Just because some of them are over priced, doesn't mean you should make a generalization and say they all are.

Guess what, I am one of those 95% of the people on here. I'm 17 years old, and I bought it myself, with my money. I have a job, and I work hard for my money, so I spend/save it wisely.

I didn't buy it because it looks cool. I bought it because it was a good deal, and I wanted something different. Also, I was sick of windows getting viruses and spyware, slowing down after a few months of operation. So that's my other reason, the operating system is better IMHO.
Old 09-13-2006, 03:59 PM #119
mrr.guy
Got Milk?

AGryan-Try right click on desktop,properties.settings, color-32bit/highest.
Or set that as high as itll go.
Old 09-13-2006, 04:12 PM #120
FACT
developers developers

Ok i'm going to make my contribution to this argument...

First of all, i'm going to tell you that I am both a macbook 2.0 GHZ owner and an HP dv8327 owner so I have alot of experience on both sides of the wall.

I had the same attitude about macs as many of you do before i bought mine. The whole "mac has ****ty hardware" was also a staple of my arguments. After buying a macbook for the hell of it, I have this to say...

The computing experience with the mac is not what you're looking for on a pc. After dropping 2 ghz of ram into the system, I have no gripes at all about speed. I can open every single program in my dock and move about them with ZERO lag. Everything works quickly and flawlessly. The macbook encosure is to die for. Its light, sleek, and not an awkward shape like many notebooks out there. Also note that price is not really an issue with a mac. When you buy a mercedes for example, you see that you're paying $55,000 for a vehicle that has most of the same ammenities technically as many $30,000 vehicles. What you're paying for is the experience. When you open up your macbook and turn it on, you're exposed to an entirely new way of computing. Everything is seemless. All your programs work entirely in unison, and the OS can be described as competely intuitive. I actually have fun doing work on this computer because it is just so sleek in its operation and makes it so easy to do what you want to do. For this reason, I paid much more money then i would if i had gotten a dell or similar computer. Will I ever go back to windows? Not likely.

So i'm nicely asking anyone who "hates" macs to please wait until they have owned one for over a week to pass judgement. If you want to save money, please don't buy a mac because you're not ready. Once you've gotten to a point where the extra couple hundred bucks is really no big deal, I suggest giving it a shot. If you don't like it, you can return within a few days.

here's a vid of what i'm talking about:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=BxdK-bZQ698

Last edited by FACT : 09-13-2006 at 04:15 PM.
FACT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 05:45 PM #121

Quote:
Originally Posted by FACT
Ok i'm going to make my contribution to this argument...

First of all, i'm going to tell you that I am both a macbook 2.0 GHZ owner and an HP dv8327 owner so I have alot of experience on both sides of the wall.

I had the same attitude about macs as many of you do before i bought mine. The whole "mac has ****ty hardware" was also a staple of my arguments. After buying a macbook for the hell of it, I have this to say...

The computing experience with the mac is not what you're looking for on a pc. After dropping 2 ghz of ram into the system, I have no gripes at all about speed. I can open every single program in my dock and move about them with ZERO lag. Everything works quickly and flawlessly. The macbook encosure is to die for. Its light, sleek, and not an awkward shape like many notebooks out there. Also note that price is not really an issue with a mac. When you buy a mercedes for example, you see that you're paying $55,000 for a vehicle that has most of the same ammenities technically as many $30,000 vehicles. What you're paying for is the experience. When you open up your macbook and turn it on, you're exposed to an entirely new way of computing. Everything is seemless. All your programs work entirely in unison, and the OS can be described as competely intuitive. I actually have fun doing work on this computer because it is just so sleek in its operation and makes it so easy to do what you want to do. For this reason, I paid much more money then i would if i had gotten a dell or similar computer. Will I ever go back to windows? Not likely.

So i'm nicely asking anyone who "hates" macs to please wait until they have owned one for over a week to pass judgement. If you want to save money, please don't buy a mac because you're not ready. Once you've gotten to a point where the extra couple hundred bucks is really no big deal, I suggest giving it a shot. If you don't like it, you can return within a few days.

here's a vid of what i'm talking about:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=BxdK-bZQ698
I worked on two G5's for 5 weeks at about 6 hours a day. One had 4GB of RAM and the other was a dual core dual processor with 8GB of RAM. I still managed to freeze them occasionally. Then when they did I would hit the power button to shut it down just to have it start up again and it not detect the OS. The powerbar would then have to be unplugged and plugged back in for it to work right again. Anyway, the OS is cluttered and I shut off most of the features that were made to "optimize it". The windows minimized too slow and the so-called Might Mouse wieghed 5lbs. And who the hell wants to pay more money for "the experience"? For first time users the Windows OS is just as easy to use as the Mac OS. Just because Apple has focused considerable marketing on it being "User Friendly", doesn't mean it is.
Quote:
you're exposed to an entirely new way of computing. Everything is seemless. All your programs work entirely in unison, and the OS can be described as competely intuitive.
And wtf did you mean by that? Both computers are made for pretty much the same purpose. You're not going have a better experience of clicking the Firefox icon on a Mac than you would a PC. Sure the way windows minimize on the Mac is cool, but it gets annoying and you realize how much time it actually takes up after a while when you're trying to open and close multiple windows quickly. And right now I have MS Word, Opera, Limewire and MSN open... guess what! They're all running in unison too!
Quote:
I actually have fun doing work on this computer because it is just so sleek in its operation and makes it so easy to do what you want to do.
Please elaborate on this. From what I gather I should buy a Mac because I'm going to have more fun typing up my homework on it than on a PC. Or I'll have more fun editing a movie just because "Mac's are the best at movie editing".

Old 09-13-2006, 06:04 PM #122
Stephan

Stephan donated to help Peyton Trent
Quote:
Originally Posted by FACT
After dropping 2 ghz of ram into the system, I have no gripes at all about speed.
Your argument is deemed null after a comment like that.

DC '07 XBall
"Give them nothing. Take from them everything."
Stephan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 06:30 PM #123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan
Your argument is deemed null after a comment like that.
Lol! I didn't even notice that. Too bad you hadn't posted that before I posted my long post, would have saved me from typing. Lol. His arguement doesn't count now.

Old 09-13-2006, 06:47 PM #124
mrr.guy
Got Milk?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=mUeRqS4Kq...earch=Freaking funny Mac video. Might help out =)
Old 09-13-2006, 06:52 PM #125
Metninja

Yeah, mac people aren't very tech savvy.
Old 09-13-2006, 06:54 PM #126
FACT
developers developers

any idiot could realize that i meant to type Gigabytes.

and 123454321 your powermac obviously had some issues which would be covered under apple's warrenty plan if you opted for it. Just because your particular (last generation) G5 had stability issues in no way means that every G5 has problems like that. With your core DUO (not dual) mac pro, it too was either a) defective or b) affected negatively by the user. Either way, apple will stand behind its product and help you out unlike just about 99% of pc manufacturers

Last edited by FACT : 09-13-2006 at 06:58 PM.
FACT is offline   Reply With Quote