Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-11-2006, 08:34 PM #85
igotbannedon5_18
Feels Good Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12345421
The other guy had a typo. If his processor is 1.66ghz then he has a Core 2 Duo

His processor > Yours The thing is that Macs were looked at as being simple so no one bothered to try and push them to they're full potential. That's why they failed. Now they're just a media icon.
no, his processor is not better... It's just a new version, still slower.

How have macs failed? at all...
igotbannedon5_18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-11-2006, 08:39 PM #86
.Pablo Escobar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by igotbannedon5_18
yea, it's core duo. except it's 2.0GHz instead of 1.66GHz. which is a big difference.

Buying a slow processor is stupid. Now, in two years, when your Dell is half dead and obsolete, my macbook will be fully dead,because its ****tier hardware, and a I was a jew and bought it refubrished.

I'm calling Shens on you about media center being easier than front row. It's really pretty much impossible to get any easier than it is with the apple remote. To play music, this is what you do: 1-press menu button on apple remote. 2- Choose if you want to play music, DVD's, videos, or display pictures. 3- select song, or shuffle. That's it. You push a button 4 times, and you're playin music.

I also call Shens, because if you used to have a mac, you wouldn't be using that POS windows machine right now...

EDIT: I just got bored, and configured a Dell Inspiron E1405to the exact specifications (except size, weight and the dell doesn't have a camera) of my macbook and it costs $1,254. people often forget that they have to add $80 or so to get anti-virus and firewall software to a PC that is not necessary on a mac. (it also costs $230 just to upgrade the processor enough to be equivilent to the macbook)
fixed it for ya...

"Originally posted by jake21: yea, she just comes off as if she could be the girl next door. inocent and sexy, you know, the one you watch out your window when she is swimming in her poop :runaway:"

.Pablo Escobar. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 08:54 PM #87
ST:T Resident Canadian

Quote:
no, his processor is not better... It's just a new version, still slower.

How have macs failed? at all...
You said yourself it's a core duo. Core 2 Duo > Core Duo

His processor is a conroe and it's owns the **** out of yours.
"Originally posted by zellthemedic: I swear Ian. You're my roll model."

ST:Tech - We has Canadians
12345421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 10:06 PM #88
igotbannedon5_18
Feels Good Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Pablo Escobar.
fixed it for ya...
please explain to me exactly what makes the hardware on a mac, bad...
Old 09-11-2006, 10:10 PM #89

Quote:
please explain to me exactly what makes the hardware on a mac, bad...
It's outdated hardware for more or equal money to a Dell. But with Dell you can get more up to date hardware for the equal cost or less.

Old 09-11-2006, 10:14 PM #90
.Pablo Escobar.

I didn't say it was "bad" I said it was ****tier, i.e. cheaper... Those things feel cheap as hell..

"Originally posted by jake21: yea, she just comes off as if she could be the girl next door. inocent and sexy, you know, the one you watch out your window when she is swimming in her poop :runaway:"

Old 09-11-2006, 10:22 PM #91

Quote:
I didn't say it was "bad" I said it was ****tier, i.e. cheaper... Those things feel cheap as hell..
But you have to think optimistic. They don't feel cheap cheap and flimsy, they're light and sleek... which makes them perform better than other laptops even though they have the same hardware.

Old 09-11-2006, 10:38 PM #92
igotbannedon5_18
Feels Good Man

Quote:
It's outdated hardware for more or equal money to a Dell. But with Dell you can get more up to date hardware for the equal cost or less.
It's the exact same hardware that PC's use... The only difference is the OS and a couple keys on the keyboard...
Old 09-11-2006, 11:15 PM #93
.Pablo Escobar.

Yeah, for more money.. If you customize a dell right, its alot cheaper, even if you buy a little Jew refurbished one...

Old 09-12-2006, 07:04 AM #94
igotbannedon5_18
Feels Good Man

Quote:
Yeah, for more money.. If you customize a dell right, its alot cheaper, even if you buy a little Jew refurbished one...
I just showed you that it's not... This is true only with the macbook pro, but the macbook is a great deal. You really don't have a clue what you're talking about...
Old 09-12-2006, 02:10 PM #95
mrr.guy
Got Milk?

Hey guys, well soon ill be selling my DM6, and looking to get A decent gaming lappy.
I know a bit about computers, but you all probably have found better deals then i have so far.
The laptop has to be 800 or under, preferably acer, and dual core if possibly.
I know i might be stretching it at that price, but ill be upgrading ram and all later.
Does dell have any good deals or anything running right now? Thanks guys.
Eh,amd dual core- http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16834115254 ?
Just worried about ghosting..

Editv2.0-What about the dell e1505? I wont be using this for hardcore gaming,just for fun and things over at friends house, or when it storms =)

Last edited by mrr.guy : 09-12-2006 at 04:43 PM.
mrr.guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 06:07 PM #96
.Pablo Escobar.

Quote:
I just showed you that it's not... This is true only with the macbook pro, but the macbook is a great deal. You really don't have a clue what you're talking about...
God Damnet, your making me waste more time out of my life, telling you **** everyone else knows. Ok.

Intel® Core™ 2 Duo processor T7200 (4MB Cache/2.00GHz/667MHz FSB)
Genuine Windows® XP Media Center Edition 2005
15.4 inch UltraSharp™ Wide Screen SXGA+ Display with TrueLife™
1GB Shared Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 533MHz, 2 Dimm
80GB 5400rpm SATA Hard Drive
8X CD/DVD Burner (DVD+/-RW) with double-layer DVD+R write capability
256MB ATI MOBILITY™ RADEON® X1400 HyperMemory™

Total: 1240

1.83GHz Intel Core Duo
1GB 667 DDR2 SDRAM - 2x512
80GB Serial ATA drive
Combo Drive
Keyboard/Mac OS - U.S. English
Apple Mini-DVI to DVI Adapter

Total: 1268

And the Dell will own the **** out of that, no questions asked. Ill give you a list, so you can stop being an ignorant *****.

Processor: Dell has a faster speed(since obviously to you, thats all that matters.... Since to you, core 2 duo isn't any faster than core duo, just newer...

Ram: They both have the same ram, so I can't say much here...

HD: They both have the same HD, but for the Dell, if you dropped the video card down one, to the X1300, you could slide a 120gig in there...

Optical Drive: The apple only has the combo drive, and if I remember correctly from my old iBook, that is the ****ty, non DVD burning one.. The Dell burns DVD's..

Screen: The Dell's screen owns the **** out of that mac screen.. The mac only has 1280X800, witch is pitiful for a max resolution... The Dell has 1680x1050, and has a higher quality screen.

Grahpics card: The Dell has a Radeon X1400, which will play CSS on all high, with no lag. The mac has a... The mac has a... The mac has.. Oh, I forgot, those don't have graphics cards in their lower priced computers( by lower priced for mac, I mean medium/high priced for any computer company that dosn't jew you..)

Now this is buying a new one of each, not being a jew and buying refurbished... Where was your arguement now?

Old 09-12-2006, 06:21 PM #97
igotbannedon5_18
Feels Good Man

The 2.0GHz comes with a super drive (burns DVDs). It would be stupid to pay for apple to do the RAM, so the added money there, is purley out of buyer stupidity. The Macbook's will be available with Core 2 Duo's in a couple weeks (cause it makes a difference at all...) iMacs aready have them. The Macbook has lower resolution because it has a 13.3" screen, and the Dell has a 15" (it would be retarded to have a screen resolution higher than that on a small screen.) They have the same hard drive, so that doesn't matter ( The macbook is up to 100GB which it great considering how the Macbook is significantly smaller and gets amazing battery life.

The screen is not better, you just made that up because you are a Dell fanboy, so you think it's better because it says Dell on the back.

That Macbook will cost you <$1200 NEW. The only advantage the Dell has over anything is that it is better for gaming, because mac's aren't designed for gaming.

BTW- The Macbook also comes with front row, and an isight camera.

Just get off the hate wagaon and accept that there is nothing wrong with macs.

Quote:
God Damnet, your making me waste more time out of my life, telling you **** everyone else knows. Ok.

Total: 1240

1.83GHz Intel Core Duo
80GB Serial ATA drive
Combo Drive

Total: 1268

And the Dell will own the **** out of that, no questions asked. Ill give you a list, so you can stop being an ignorant *****.

Processor: Dell has a faster speed(since obviously to you, thats all that matters.... Since to you, core 2 duo isn't any faster than core duo, just newer...

Ram: They both have the same ram, so I can't say much here...

HD: They both have the same HD, but for the Dell, if you dropped the video card down one, to the X1300, you could slide a 120gig in there...

Optical Drive: The apple only has the combo drive, and if I remember correctly from my old iBook, that is the ****ty, non DVD burning one.. The Dell burns DVD's..

Screen: The Dell's screen owns the **** out of that mac screen.. The mac only has 1280X800, witch is pitiful for a max resolution... The Dell has 1680x1050, and has a higher quality screen.

Grahpics card: The Dell has a Radeon X1400, which will play CSS on all high, with no lag. The mac has a... The mac has a... The mac has.. Oh, I forgot, those don't have graphics cards in their lower priced computers( by lower priced for mac, I mean medium/high priced for any computer company that dosn't jew you..)

Now this is buying a new one of each, not being a jew and buying refurbished... Where was your arguement now?
Old 09-12-2006, 06:30 PM #98

So I was looking at the Dell site and was wondering why they are charging more the Core Duo Processors than the Core 2 Duo ones.

Old 09-12-2006, 06:48 PM #99
mrr.guy
Got Milk?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrr.guy
Hey guys, well soon ill be selling my DM6, and looking to get A decent gaming lappy.
I know a bit about computers, but you all probably have found better deals then i have so far.
The laptop has to be 800 or under, preferably acer, and dual core if possibly.
I know i might be stretching it at that price, but ill be upgrading ram and all later.
Does dell have any good deals or anything running right now? Thanks guys.
Eh,amd dual core- http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16834115254 ?
Just worried about ghosting..

Editv2.0-What about the dell e1505? I wont be using this for hardcore gaming,just for fun and things over at friends house, or when it storms =)
...Help? Suggestions..? Ideas?
Old 09-12-2006, 06:57 PM #100
.Pablo Escobar.

Oh, my bad, let me do that with the 2.0 Ghz versions of each.

Total: 1148

2.0GHz Intel Core Duo
80GB Serial ATA drive
SuperDrive (DVD±RW/CD-RW)

Total: 1468

And how could you buy a *new* 2.0Ghz Core duo macbook, when they START at 1300?

EDIT- And give me a link where I can buy a 512 stick of laptop memory for under 50 bucsk?? Or under enough to make a difference.. They only charge 100 for a gig

Old 09-12-2006, 07:06 PM #101

Quote:
Oh, my bad, let me do that with the 2.0 Ghz versions of each.

Total: 1148

2.0GHz Intel Core Duo
80GB Serial ATA drive
SuperDrive (DVD±RW/CD-RW)

Total: 1468

EDIT- And give me a link where I can buy a 512 stick of laptop memory for under 50 bucsk?? Or under enough to make a difference.. They only charge 100 for a gig
Lol, owned. And with the extra money you saved on the Dell you could buy a nice webcam.

Old 09-12-2006, 08:31 PM #102
igotbannedon5_18
Feels Good Man

Quote:

Student discount

Why would you buy a 512 stick? When you buy a macbook with 512mb, it comes with 2- 256mb sticks in it. If you buy it with 1GB in it, it comes with 2- 512mb sticks in it. That's what you pay apple to do. The RAM on a macbook is not dual channel, so the sticks don't have to match. Buy a mac with 512mb, take out one stick, and put in a 1GB stick ($79- link is below) and you end up 1280mb as opposed to 1024mb, and you spend $21 less
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...949&CatId=2267

There's a link to a 1GB stick of notebook RAM^^^, took 10 seconds to find. Good Job.

Refurbished Macbooks are exactly that, refurbished with brand new hardware, all the original software, and the a re-issue of the warranty.

BTW, while admittedly, PCs are superior when it comes to gaming, that doesn't mean that macs are completly incapable. Even my macbook can run CSS on decent settings. (I've heard of someone playing Far Cry on a MacBook Pro, not sure what the settings though) They just can't run really really demanding games...
Old 09-12-2006, 08:32 PM #103
igotbannedon5_18
Feels Good Man

Quote:
Lol, owned. And with the extra money you saved on the Dell you could buy a nice webcam.
...the camera is built in on the macbook
Old 09-12-2006, 08:39 PM #104

Quote:
...the camera is built in on the macbook
Added weight FTL!

Old 09-12-2006, 08:56 PM #105
igotbannedon5_18
Feels Good Man

Quote:
Added weight FTL!
that was stupid... It's slightly bigger than cell phone camera, it weighs like 4 grams...

Anyway, an external webcam would be much bigger, and it's not attatched, so it's really inconvenient.