PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 08-16-2006, 01:08 AM #1
ripb

Question about padding

Do any of u guys play with any chest protection or padding. Just wanted to know if i should. Does it hurt that bad?
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-16-2006, 01:18 AM #2
MrStiK
shhhh! I'm Incognito

MrStiK owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
I play with forearm and shin protection only because I slide a lot and also it gives good bounces. Chest protector i do without. they seem so bulky and cumbersome.
Old 08-16-2006, 01:28 AM #3
omg_duck!

never wear a chest protector, wear a long sleeved shirt and get some paintball pants or get pants that fit like pb pants...if your 10, yes it will hurt a little. if your older than that, it wont hurt at all
Old 08-16-2006, 01:30 AM #4
98Sniper7
team surge

it hurts the first few times, but once u play religously, its like breathing. as for the chest protector, unless u have a medical reason, u will lose respect from the fellow players for wearing it. i hate to make it sound liek that but its' the truth

Russian Legion fan club #572
Old 08-16-2006, 01:33 AM #5
Malystryx
A G D

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98Sniper7
it hurts the first few times, but once u play religously, its like breathing. as for the chest protector, unless u have a medical reason, u will lose respect from the fellow players for wearing it. i hate to make it sound liek that but its' the truth
qft...
Old 08-16-2006, 01:54 AM #6
nflvikings
It's fizzix.

nflvikings is a Forum Captain
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98Sniper7
u will lose respect from the fellow players for wearing it. i hate to make it sound liek that but its' the truth
Those players are idiots for caring what others wear.
Old 08-16-2006, 02:09 AM #7
MutR.
Shut up.

MutR. helped look for balloons
MutR. posts videos on PbNation
MutR. is reppin' sidebar 4 life
In the NPPL, and PSP, it is illegal to wear a chest protector. 2 layers of cloth clothing is the rule. arm and knee pads are not considered "layers". But if your just out to have fun then who cares what you wear...

My Reasoning is if you are even asking this question, then you wont even be playing with the more advanced players (the ones that will look down upon you for wearing chest protector) so do what you please

Old 08-16-2006, 02:21 AM #8
UberWigget

I play with a tshirt underneath my jersey. Its light, not very hot, and easy to maneuver with. And like sniper7 said, when you been play paintball a lot getting shot is like breathing.

Heck alot of times in the summer its too hot in california so i just play with a tshirt.
Old 08-16-2006, 02:21 AM #9
Nubster

Quote:
Originally Posted by nflvikings
I agree, but the fact is, a player using a chest protector will be looked at as a wus. If you don't care what others think, go for it. You are wasting your money though, honestly, it stings, but not that bad. If it hurt that bad, alot less people would play.
Nerve Fan Club Member #4

FEEDBACK - pbnation

FEEDBACK - pbreview
Old 08-16-2006, 03:11 AM #10
Large Unit

has been a member for 10 years
For me at first it felt a lot like being stung with a rubberband, after awhile I hardly even feel it, the less you think about it and are expecting to get shot the less it is going to hurt, sometimes I will be walking off the field not really paying attention and walk through into a steam of paint without even flinching..

old|FeedbacK|new
-100% positive.. I'm cool like that-
Old 08-16-2006, 03:26 AM #11
98Sniper7
team surge

i'm sorry i didnt mean it to sound like i cared if somone whore one, i'm just saying that when i play and somones wearing a chest protecter, people start talking trash about him already even if hes ollie lang i mean its gana happen. but if you dont care what people think about u by all means go for it

Russian Legion fan club #572
Old 08-16-2006, 03:53 AM #12
umafold
Mr. Hanky

padded for war

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripb
Do any of u guys play with any chest protection or padding. Just wanted to know if i should. Does it hurt that bad?
I use elbow and neck protection, a beenie for my head and Proto pants and slide shorts for the lower half of me. As for a chest protector, I have used and still do own one, it's from Game Face, and it wouldn't be classifed as cheap because it's contructed from a cardboard base typer material making it a hard surface for paint to break on easier. As for people saying anything about it, the only comment I had gotten from one guy is, "this guy is ready for war, he's wearing bull body armor." No laughs and no other comments. As for what people think, well screw what they think. I've got one player who practices with our team, and he uses Empires protective shirt underneath his jersey, and noone says anything bad about it. Hell my next door neighbors son (12yr old) played for his first time, and he used a protective vest for about the first two games, than he took it off during a break, and forgot to put it back on the whole day and he said "I forgot to put it on, but it doesn't hurt that bad."
Prosecutors Member #2
PM7
http://www.myspace.com/bradlcp2
http://www.myspace.com/cawthard123
Old 08-16-2006, 10:49 AM #13
i rock the ion
rather be lifting

it doesnt hurt alot when you get hit it only stings a little bit for a second or two after that you dont really notice it because your adrenaline is pumping
Old 08-16-2006, 11:11 AM #14
fAtneSS
<yea its a snowman<

like everyone else said it really doesnt urt espcially when your adrenalines pumping and, you dont even get shot in teh chest that much, if your a some what experienced player, your chest really wont be exposed as much as your marker, face, and arm.
Old 08-16-2006, 11:59 AM #15
Jlausen
synthetic like rayon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nflvikings
Yeah, but you know it happens.

Unless your like 10 or 12, then you can suck it up, it's not that paintful. Sorry for being blunt.
Old 08-16-2006, 12:51 PM #16
$PBstar323$
*ContractKillerz*

Chest protector. haha. dont be a *****

Jungle ETek.

Blue Dye Matrix 2006.

Ripping Fools Since. 2001. Team Devious.
Old 08-16-2006, 01:04 PM #17
Jlausen
synthetic like rayon

Quote:
Originally Posted by $PBstar323$
Chest protector. haha. dont be a *****
Don't be an *******.
Old 08-16-2006, 01:15 PM #18
Spinal
Spyder ftw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlausen
Don't be an *******.
indeed.

also you'll find that getting shot in the chest is quite rare, i mean you're holding the gun/tank/hopper infront of you, you'll be squatting down most of the time (unless you wanna get hit) so there isnt much of an exposure of your upper torso.
Elite Spyder Owners
Back in black
Old 08-16-2006, 01:33 PM #19
Jlausen
synthetic like rayon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinal
indeed.

also you'll find that getting shot in the chest is quite rare, i mean you're holding the gun/tank/hopper infront of you, you'll be squatting down most of the time (unless you wanna get hit) so there isnt much of an exposure of your upper torso.
Yeah, I mostly get shot in the arms and around the waist. Unless you get bunkered, when it's going to get hurt anyway. Typically your going to get shot from someone you can see.
Old 08-16-2006, 01:34 PM #20
MJTShowdown (Banned)

its all what feels comfortable to you. If you think you need a chest protector, then wear one, if you don't like the way they look or feel, then don't. Its all up to you.
Old 08-16-2006, 01:40 PM #21
SpyderMan536
Pballer freak

Or if you want to wear a chest protector without people laughing at you and what not. Wear this under your shirt or Jersey, or you can wear it, because it looks like a t-shirt.

CCM Heli-Clamp: $19.99
Owning Someone with an Ion: priceless

"Originally posted by Paintballer_21: spyderman i luv the sig...it raises rep for spyder owners"