Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 08-15-2006, 01:18 PM #1
BluntDragon
Chang Bang

has been a member for 10 years
My Legend Review

I played a tournament this past weekend and was blessed enough to be able to borrow my friends legend for the day. Before this weekend, i had never played with a legend, but i did feel it, shoot it, and see it in action. At first, i was not thoroughly impressed. It didn't seem to amazing to me. However, after this weekend, my opinion has done a complete flip. I think this marker is the best bang-for-your-buck out there.

Weight
This gun is light. I've been shooting a stock bodied shocker for awhile and the legend is lighter than that. It's not by a tremendous amount, but it's still noticable. From what i can see, there is a lot of metal left that could be milled off to make it even lighter. (future models?)

Efficiency
Definetly the most efficient gun i've ever shot. I am a man who has been using spool valve guns pretty much my whole paintball career. Matrixes and Shockers are not the most efficient guns out there. On a 68/45 LP, I had a fill of about 3000-3500, and shot 7 pods and a halo, with about roughly 1000 - 1500 psi left in my tank. I've never even been able to shoot 7 pods before so this was amazing to me. I also played two games and shot about 13 pods in one fill. I didn't check how much air i had left but 13 pods is more than enough for me!

Feel
The first thing i noticed about this gun was the critical style trigger. It's very smooth and very fast. If you like the shape of the critical style triggers, then you won't be disappointed with this. I'm pretty sure it's roller bearing and it's very easy to adjust. The whole setup with tank/loader is amazing. It's a very light gun, well balanced, and feels nice in your hands. I've heard some people say that certain guns feel like toys; that they will break because of the material. Well i don't think it's a problem with this gun.

Consistency
I was shooting ropes all day. Over the chrono, it was +/- 4 with the stock cp reg. I personally love cp regs and always put one on whatever gun i get. The legend shot fantastically all day with no chops or barrel breaks.

All in all, this gun is worth the wait, and is not all hype. You will see for yourself when they come out. I'm pretty sure that more will be coming out at NPPL San Diego, or around that time, but don't quote me on this. I know i will be looking forward to getting one.

-Alan Chang

Last edited by BluntDragon : 08-15-2006 at 03:45 PM.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-15-2006, 02:41 PM #2
VikingPower

Great review. This is what others want to hear with a new marker. Im just waiting for a milled to the max "dark" edition perhaps?

I just got a pink lady cocker so my next gun buying will be on hold. It shoots 280fps with 170psi... how bout that for effeciency.
Old 08-15-2006, 03:00 PM #3
Kdog-13
GoochBoffeler

Hell yeah!

I had many of the same experiences with my legend.

Green Fade Mamba Fly - Satellite valve technology - Cobra Paintball Lives
Old 08-15-2006, 03:34 PM #4
NSPBSballer (Banned)

7 pods and a Halo off 1500 psi from a 68/3000 fill? That's 1160 shots (assuming they're 140 round pods and 180 balls in the Halo). That means you'd end up getting 3,480 shot off of a full 68/4500 fill, which is complete BS.

Biased reviews FTL.
Old 08-15-2006, 03:43 PM #5
BluntDragon
Chang Bang

roughly 1500. I'm not 100% clear is was 1500 psi but that's what i remember. Plus, from 3000-4000 psi, you have less shot capacity than you do from 2000-3000. I don't remember why but that's what i remember learning. It was prob around 1k then. All i know is, i played two games without filling, shooting about 13 pods. All you really need to know is that the efficiency is insane, more than you'll ever need.
Old 08-15-2006, 03:46 PM #6
BluntDragon
Chang Bang

There i edited my main post.
Old 08-15-2006, 04:12 PM #7
(^_@)Skitzo
Schizoaffective Disorder

(^_@)Skitzo helped look for balloons
That coming from a guy who sold his borg for 750.. I guess you are an expert on all things NPBS: .

Good review man..
Old 08-15-2006, 04:51 PM #8
kevine
aka "angrychinaman"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSPBSballer
7 pods and a Halo off 1500 psi from a 68/3000 fill? That's 1160 shots (assuming they're 140 round pods and 180 balls in the Halo). That means you'd end up getting 3,480 shot off of a full 68/4500 fill, which is complete BS.

Biased reviews FTL.
I know the efficiency may be hard to believe, especially with what the average marker is able to attain until now. But based on your post wherein you believe this type of efficiency is "complete BS," can I assume that you have personal knowledge that it does not achieve superb efficiency? I mean, do you own a Legend that you've personally tested?

BluntDragon, K-Dog and myself (among others) have personally used our Legends in tournaments and have confirmed insane efficiency rates. Trust me, I was walking around scratching my head when I was able to go through five pods and a hopper with just over 1000 psi, but it happened. Until you can come back with actual facts, not just your opinion, it seems somewhat unfair to label this marker "complete BS", since you have no actual facts or information to base this on.

Now, if you have a Legend and have personally tested it, and obtained different efficiency results, I'd like to hear your opinion. In fact, I'd like to know what settings your Legend is on so that hopefully, we can share information and you could possibly benefit by adjusting your settings.

Or simply, call Infinity aka Warped Sportz LA and maybe they can help you with your settings.
www.infinitylegend.com
Long live Cobra Paintball
SC Venom for life; go "Chubby Chasers"
"...the Angry Chinaman", rocking the Canon DSLR..."smile"
Old 08-15-2006, 05:05 PM #9
(^_@)Skitzo
Schizoaffective Disorder

Every single person I've talked to have tried desperately to convince me not to get the Legend. Just seeing what you guys think about and and how excited you are over this gun makes me want it. I will wait for them to contact me soon and will have money for them.

I have not been so excited in waiting for a marker.

Old 08-15-2006, 05:14 PM #10
brizzlepimp
TK: LIKE A BOSS

brizzlepimp is a Supporting Member
brizzlepimp plays in the PSP
brizzlepimp plays in the APPA D4 division
Got another legend owner right here that is just stopping in to say **** the hype this gun is pure performance. Shoots ropes all day long and yes the efficiency is off the charts. You have to remember that you are only using the air to move the hammer one way in this marker. Couple that with an extremely high flow valve and voila you got magic numbers. Just to clarify I have two legends and they both shoot superb. Trust me when I tell you this is the best marker I have ever owned and I have owned a lot.
PK fan club #3
<<<<<<<$INFECTIOUS$>>>>>>
Old 08-15-2006, 05:19 PM #11
(^_@)Skitzo
Schizoaffective Disorder

Ah.. It hurts me to even look in this forum anymore. Makes me want my legend even worse!
Old 08-15-2006, 05:26 PM #12
jackoo
TEAM REVOLT

i think blizzle is seeling one

i think he is selling one pm him
Old 08-15-2006, 05:28 PM #13
(^_@)Skitzo
Schizoaffective Disorder

No man.. I've been on the preorder list since May. I was told I'd be contacted soon.

Thanks for the info though.
Old 08-15-2006, 11:33 PM #14
BluntDragon
Chang Bang

god the anxiety haha
Old 08-16-2006, 12:12 AM #15
(^_@)Skitzo
Schizoaffective Disorder

Hey you have yours! lol
Old 08-16-2006, 01:18 AM #16
(^_@)Skitzo
Schizoaffective Disorder

Damn.. everyone else I talk to bashes this gun so bad.. makes me feel like crap.

He is trying to convince me to get a FS8 over it.. He says he'd take a Promaster over the legend.. Why do people gotta rain on my party?

Last edited by (^_@)Skitzo : 08-16-2006 at 01:21 AM.
Old 08-16-2006, 02:04 AM #17
IMPY~[e^A]
Boomswitch.

IMPY~[e^A] is a Supporting Member
IMPY~[e^A] is reppin' sidebar 4 life
IMPY~[e^A] has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
IMPY~[e^A] has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
(^_@)Skitzo - Is he an ICD fanboy? Last time i checked ICD guns weren't so hot, but what do I know....
Old 08-16-2006, 02:08 AM #18
Tyler379

Everyone always tells me they are brand new guns so they are going to have tons of problems at first. If mine doesn't shoot when I finally get it, I am going to cry.
Old 08-16-2006, 02:20 AM #19
Kdog-13
GoochBoffeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler379
Everyone always tells me they are brand new guns so they are going to have tons of problems at first. If mine doesn't shoot when I finally get it, I am going to cry.
Mine is a prototype and I have had zero problems. Okay one, since I forgot to loctite the trigger pin screw it came out. Got a replacement and no problems at all with this gun right out of the box!

Green Fade Mamba Fly - Satellite valve technology - Cobra Paintball Lives
Old 08-16-2006, 12:34 PM #20
Auburn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler379
All the problems are being fixed with the prototype...

from what I was told there is a different noid, new eyes (similar to flat ego eyes) and they did something with the board so it won't go into some weird mode or something I think
Tyler Harmon Fan Club#21
Hamen Chapman Fan Club # 1
Konstantin Fedorov Fan #111
Old 08-16-2006, 02:25 PM #21
BluntDragon
Chang Bang

Quote:
Originally Posted by (^_@)Skitzo
Hey you have yours! lol
i don't have mine. I'm in the same boat you are haha. I just borrowed mine from a buddy for the tournament then i had to give it back =[