Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-20-2008, 01:54 AM #85
Lost492

Annual Supporting Member
Lost492 donated to help Peyton Trent
Lost492 helped look for balloons
Lost492 is playing at Living Legends III
For it to be considered a deadly weapon they must have been shooting monster balls....
Lost492 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-21-2008, 03:34 PM #86
DooDooBrown1688
In Your First Due

has been a member for 10 years
Honestly, they should get more time behind bars, but they will probably get out sooner than later...

NEVER FORGET THE 343 THAT DIED 9/11/01

IAFF LOCAL 1664
DooDooBrown1688 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 10:07 PM #87
jssaylor2007
Red Dirt Music Rocks

um frozen paintballs are bs... anyways... the actual paint doesnt truly freeze... and the shells become brittle as ****... lets get off the frozen paint topic
jssaylor2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 08:05 PM #88
Darrowz
KWABAM!!!!111(one)

Why doesn't baseball get a bad name when someone get the crap beat out of them with a baseball bat?

46% of teens engage in pre-marital sex. 89% drink before the age of 21. Put this in your sig if you think that pandas are the chillest animal alive

92% of teens move to rap music. If your part of the 8% that stayed with rock, put this in your sig
Darrowz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 01:31 AM #89
RHart80

Yes, read the warnings on your boxes they ussually say: Misuse can cause injury or death. A shot to the temple is liable to cause a head injury or death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrowz View Post
Why doesn't baseball get a bad name when someone get the crap beat out of them with a baseball bat?
Good question since baseball bats are probably the number one piece of sporting eqipment actually used in an assault. I don't know maybe it's just the "gun" part that attaches a stigma to paintball.

Last edited by RHart80 : 02-27-2009 at 01:33 AM.
RHart80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 04:23 PM #90
Killen0794

cool
Killen0794 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 05:03 PM #91
PsychoZulu

i've herd that a paintball to the eye has the potential to explode the eyeball and kill a person. and its a fact that enough trama to the eyeball can cause death. for these reasons its easy to see why a paintball gun can be considerd a deadly weapon. you know just cause they didnt shoot the guy in the eye doesnt mean they shouldnt get assult with a deadly weapon, that'd be like saying somone who shot sombody in the arm with a pistol shouldnt get deadly weapon charges.
PsychoZulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 09:53 PM #92
live2paint2live
*Free Agent*

its is if the person using it is an i**ot
live2paint2live is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 05:42 PM #93
Headshotasarusrex

a paintball gun can be used as a deadly weapon if intended on doing harm.
Headshotasarusrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 04:43 PM #94
feathers66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Storm09 View Post
I tried to freeze a paintball but to no sucess. I turned down the freezer to like -8 degrees or so the therometer said and I left a couple balls in there over night. When I took them out they weren't fully frozen and thawed in like 2 minutes. So it doesn't work.
there are some water based paints that will freeze i found a few solid ones when i was airing up bunkers at 8 in the morning on a 20 degree day they might have also absorbed some water though which would help, but im pretty sure most paint is oil based
In 1970 the Chevy Nova was created. This was the worst selling car in Mexico because the words "No va" mean "Doesn't go". If you would never buy a Saturn Ion because the word "Ion" means "Doesn't shoot", Put this in your profile.:dodgy:

www.pbvids.com

6.5k posts
feathers66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 01:19 PM #95
briguy4lyfe
i steal pods.

if you are in public shooting people with a paintball gun you will get the same charge as if you were shooting people with a real gun.

dye i3s events
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...6#post62930136

i gotta nice canon powershot camera for your airsoft m4
briguy4lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 08:41 AM #96
undiscoveredtalent

if you get shot in the throat from pretty close and if its shooting hot enough you can die.

Gateway Theory? Absolutely, it leads me to my fridge every time.
undiscoveredtalent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 09:11 PM #97
Implicit86

Deadly weapon? Any projectile at high velocity can be deadly. As previously stated rigged at 300+ you can definatly kill someone. And for those QQing about the guys (im assuming they were guys?) doing jail time, GOOD FOR THEM! They deserve it, probably bunch of punks that bullied people in school. If you dont think so your probably like them and should join them =p
Implicit86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 10:04 PM #98
iPaintball Hard

i freeze paintballs
iPaintball Hard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 07:41 PM #99
bgr3118
SOV

bgr3118 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
bgr3118 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
They deserve anything they get. Hell if you assualt some one with a pencil you can potentially be charged with Assualt with a deadly weapon. It does suck thos that paintball gets such a bad rap because of a few idiots who think they are funny

Sponsored By:VALKEN PAINTBALL, ANSGEAR.COM, ZEPHYER PAINTBALL, HITMAN GEAR
bgr3118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 02:17 PM #100
mattdenn
Matthew J. Denn

Man With Real Gun Hunts Down Paintballers
Updated 10:34 PM CDT, Wed, Dec 23, 2009

Dallas police say two teenagers who allegedly shot cars with a paintball gun could have been killed after one target allegedly chased them down with a real gun and fired nearly a dozen bullets at them.

One of the teenagers was hit in the hand.

“I thought my life was about to end right there,” said the 18-year-old victim, who agreed to an interview but did not want to be identified.

He said he is afraid the person who shot him will come back to get him.

Man Opens Fire on Teens Shooting Paintball Gun

“I’m scared, paranoid,” he said.

The 18-year-old and a friend shot cars and houses with a paintball gun Tuesday night while they were out cruising Oak Cliff.

“We just weren’t thinking (about) what we were doing,” he said. “We were, like, 'It’s fun doing this.'”

The teenager said the paintball attacks continued until one of their targets confronted them with a .40 caliber pistol.

“We shot the wrong house, the wrong truck," he said. "Somehow they ended up following us, and they found me, and they shot.”

Police said the driver of a white Ford F-150 pickup truck fired 11 rounds at the teenagers before speeding away.

“Someone could have died last night; it could have been me, it could have been my friend, in the passengers seat,” the 18 year old said.

While police consider the 18-year-old a victim in the shooting, he may be charged in connection with paintball firing. Police are considering filing criminal mischief charges against him and his friend.

“If someone wants to come up and arrest me or give me a ticket, I’ll take that, I deserve it,” the teenager said. “But it wasn’t meant to go this far, you know?”

Police said the driver who chased down and shot at the teenagers could also be charged with aggravated robbery. Investigators said he took the teen’s paintball gun before shooting at them.

First Published: Dec 23, 2009 9:30 PM CDT
mattdenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 12:49 PM #101
ProtoGuy0419
$ FBGM $

ProtoGuy0419 plays in the PSP
ProtoGuy0419 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by royalpaintball View Post
how the only think u can do is shoot out an eye ..................... u could shove it down ur throat but u could do that with almost anything
driving at say 20mph, your hit in the neck with a paintball out of nowhere and it scares the **** out of you, you drive into oncoming traffic and take 4 lives including your own. deadly weapon.

DM6 F/S/T
ProtoGuy0419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 07:59 PM #102
Paintballpics

If you are shooting a paintball out of your marker, it would be a stretch to call it a deadly weapon. Even with the velocity turned up it would have to be some kind of freak accident to cause death. But if you used a different (heavier and stronger) projectile that doesn't break apart on contact, your marker suddenly has the ability to kill. Just because you always use paintballs, doesn't mean the idiot down the street does also. The law doesn't look at just the appropriate use of the device, but any potential use of it.
Paintballpics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 04:27 PM #103
boats1228
BB

boats1228 is for the Gunfight
they deserve it, but all the news stations and anyone in the papers reporting on this call them paintball "guns". they arent guns, theyre markers!
boats1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 03:16 AM #104
icemen_10 (Banned)
Broke-Budget-Baller

icemen_10 plays in the PSP
icemen_10 plays in the APPA D5 division
So yesturday my family was having a party and i was shooting my marker when this lady that we dislike pulled in past our fence. I told her to leave twice then i shot her windshield once. My gun is chronod at 280 and i shot her ws cuz i know nothing would happen to her truck. Told her again and she wouldnt leave so i shot another pb at her ws. Ended up shooting 4 ball then she left. She call the cops they took my marker and they are telling me that they might charge me with deadly conduct. Could be 2 to 10yrs what a load of bs. They say it was a deadly weapon and i could have killed her. I only shot her ws and i had no intention of shooting her. There is no damage to the truck so the charge is a lil insane what yall think?
icemen_10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 08:45 AM #105
rbsboi91
needs a job

rbsboi91 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
rbsboi91 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I don't mean to sound preachy, but you should not have shot her windshield. A marker can still be called a weapon. Even though it does not shoot real bullets it still fires a projectile. And that projectile can still cause bodily harm. But you do have a right to tell her to move her car if she was on your property. And if she didn't you probably could have got it towed and sent her the bill. But being fare I probably would have don the same thing. As for the cops saying that you could have killed her, both them and her more than likely know jackShi+ about paintball.