Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-31-2006, 09:09 PM #43
Mister Podo
At your service!

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by chikin pickle View Post
Ha, I love when people talk about freezing paintballs it makes me lol. Has anybody actually tried to freeze a Pball? I have out of curiosity. They get really brittle and turn into like sorbet. (kind of semi-solid) and then they thaw in ten minutes and turn into goo. Even if you could keep them frozen they would get busted when the bolt or the blast of air hit them. Especially if you crank up the velocity.
I was think this as I was reading the post about freezing paintballs. lol.

Paintballs are mainly Oil and food product...they can't freeze solid.
Mister Podo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-03-2007, 07:40 PM #44
Naughty_Dog077
Semper Fidelis (3/1)

it's because idiots like this that give paintball a bad name, it can be a deadly weapon if it's used incorrectly.
Old 01-03-2007, 08:30 PM #45
Aut0c()cker4l1f3

Aut0c()cker4l1f3 plays in the PSP
Aut0c()cker4l1f3 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Aut0c()cker4l1f3 plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by StockImpulse101 View Post
If a paintball gun is a deadly weapon why isnt paintball a deadly sport?
people have been killed with baseball bats.. why isnt baseball a deadly sport?

3 loaders for sale!
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...1#post81546481
Aut0c()cker4l1f3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 09:36 PM #46
DJTHEMAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by StockImpulse101 View Post
If a paintball gun is a deadly weapon why isnt paintball a deadly sport?

The sport is not in question. Any sports equipment item can be used as a deadly weapon, however, unless fatalities occur during the normal course of the game, the sport itself is not considered "deadly"
DJTHEMAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 09:11 PM #47
Anodai
Tired, bored, and hungry

If the guys got 20 years, they probably werent just shooting paintball guns. Its also illegal to shoot paintball guns out of a moving vehichle (paintball tanks have special exceptions). they probably were DWI, and probably didnt have licenses. Im pretty sure in CA paintball guns are considered firearems, it may be so in some other states too. alot of it depends on where they did it, and how good the two parties lawyers were.
Anodai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 09:36 PM #48
DJTHEMAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anodai View Post
If the guys got 20 years, they probably werent just shooting paintball guns. Its also illegal to shoot paintball guns out of a moving vehichle (paintball tanks have special exceptions). they probably were DWI, and probably didnt have licenses. Im pretty sure in CA paintball guns are considered firearems, it may be so in some other states too. alot of it depends on where they did it, and how good the two parties lawyers were.

where did you find this law? I haven't seen anything in arizona statutes, and i didnt think federal laws would cover it unless its a new bill.
DJTHEMAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 06:52 AM #49
scrounger

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalpaintball View Post
i heard on the news that a couple of people where shooting a paintballgun out of a car window and they got caught and sent to jail for 20 years for assult with deadly weapon i know what they did is wrong but paintball guns are not deadly the worst they can do is hurt ur eye rlly bad or blind it i just thought its bs
This story is a little thin on information, but I will try to put it in perspective.

I really don't think these thugs took their paintball gun to the range and chrono it to 280fps, got waivers from their targets/victims, made sure everyone had a safety briefing, and everyone wore goggles.

Also I doubt you want to be shot by a hot paintball gun, multiple times, at close range to prove your idiotic statement they are not deadly.

A deady weapon is classified by type (ex gun, knife, axe) and/or by use, example a car (deliberately running someone over) or a hockey stick (beating someone to death).

Most states (and the federal law) have it that if someone gives the impression of and/or someone thinks an object is a gun, the law treats it as so. As in the example of robbing a bank and you say you have a gun, even though it might be a bb gun or water pistol.

Also, these incident may have had more than one victim/target (or both) and more than one crime was committed. In that case each case would have (for example) jail time. Some crimes have madatory sentences (which tend to be long). The judge can choose not to run the sentence together (called concurent), but one after another (consecutive).

For example if there were 5 crimes committed with a maximum sentence of 5, 5, 5, 4, and 1. That would be 20 years. Or maybe assault with a deadly weapon carries a madatory sentence of (for example) 20 to 25 years in prison.

In my opinion, if they did this they deserve everything they got.

Scrounger
scrounger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 08:09 PM #50
mattdenn
Matthew J. Denn

I think they should be punished for acting irresponsibly but for ****'s sake 20 years? They must have been doing something else in addition to this to get that sentence. Around here it's just disorderly conduct I've heard, that's what I've heard from a friend of mine who is studying to be a cop for Law Enforcement at the University of Minnesota Mankato.
mattdenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 01:56 PM #51
casualties07

thats bogus..not deadly
casualties07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 01:32 PM #52
OU Didge Man
Ohio is for Ballers

There have been deaths attributed to people being shot in the temple at close range. It isn't the true "deadlyness" of the weapon that matters. If it is being used malicously and has the potential to kill it is "assualt with a deadly weapon", Not attempted murder.
Old 03-01-2007, 04:07 PM #53
Nalayah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaysizzle69 View Post
am i the only one that feels like freezing some pballs, getting my speed at 310 and bonus balling him?

dude if u know what your doing [and probally even if you dont] you can kill somebody with anything.... what makes it a deadly weapon? the way you are using it.

soo yeaa its possible
You are aware that polyethlyne glycol is dang near impossible to freeze without LN2 or other extreme cooling methods, right?

I've stepped on paintballs that have been exposed to -20* F weather for 24+ hours, and they burst right open.

Regarding the assault... they deserve the sentence. A shot to the eye can kill someone.

1978 Suzuki GS750
2000 Honda CBR 600 F4
Nalayah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 01:49 PM #54
tampaimpact16
'Cuz Winning Is More Fun

A paintball gun is deadly....
A paintball gun is fully capable of shooting something other than a paintball....
tampaimpact16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 11:02 AM #55
A.C. Basbas
Official VM-68 Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeflow_Trauma View Post
It can be deadly if misused.
Anything can be a deadly weapon if missused.

The "shod foot" clause is the most rediculous-sounding of them all; basically if you kick somebody very hard (potentially endangering their life), and you are wearing a shoe, then you've assaulted them with a deadly weapon.

Idiots who shoot at cars get what they deserve. They're the reason the game gets such a bad name, too. Frankly, if you wanted to kill somebody with a marker, you could. A couple frozen re-balls to the skull could take someone out, or even just hitting the windshield of somebodys car could be potentially fatal.

Kids will be kids, but some kids need to be supervised.

Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of underage players out there who are nice and responsible, but theres a reason you need to be 18+ to buy a knife, a paintball gun, or a pack of smokes.

One thing everyone should learn about owning a projectile weapon is "If it fires a projectile; it's a gun. If it's a gun; always treat it as though it's loaded."
A.C. Basbas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 09:11 PM #56
unsunghero1
i shoot angel1

its BS cause people give pb crap all the time....if someone beat some dude to death with a baseball bat there not gonna bash on baseball and stuff..but when its something that the general public doesnt approve of then they will

Ninja edit:basbas is a bow a gun? it shoots a projectile

www.buypmi.com

repn the conservative republicans
unsunghero1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 04:38 AM #57
A.C. Basbas
Official VM-68 Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero1 View Post
Ninja edit:basbas is a bow a gun? it shoots a projectile
Ok, as a bowhunter and a gun owner, YES a bow is a weapon and you can't just go running around flaunting it, but what I was getting at was more that you never know whether a gun (paintball, pellet, BB, airsoft, cartridge, muzzleloader, or otherwise) is loaded, so you have to treat them with respect.

It's gun safety 101.

As a paintbally owner, YOU know that your paintball gun isn't intended for killing, but to the average citizen they can look threatening. All I'm saying is use your head, and don't assume that people will know that your painball marker isn't a real gun. People are ignorant.
A.C. Basbas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 09:13 AM #58
HXCkiller
I have returned

where r u guys finding all this stuff..can yall hook me up with some links.
Any info will be appreciated

Der Ninja
Avalanche OT
HXCkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 02:18 PM #59
paintball_boy11118

no they where shooting eachother wit paintballs from 2 cars and one hit the driver and he lost control
Old 03-18-2007, 12:13 PM #60
ShredderBlender
Junky VL Triad User

I think ppl who intentionally misuse their marker (like shooting out a car window in public) should get whatever the sentence is to discourage others from being as stupid as them.
ShredderBlender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 12:54 PM #61
extreampb

yea idk about you guys but my buddy was shot in the leg by some kids while we were fishing at a park up the street from my house.and i was shot in the arm.

it was scary as hell.

me and my buddy and my uncle were fishing at a local park one saturday a couple years back. and just after we ate lunch some kids hiding in a bush fired at the time what we thought they were paintballs. and about 10 seconds later we found out they were marbles as one hit my buddy in the leg breaking his femur and another hit me in the forarm breaking it. my uncle being a cop pulled out a .45 and returned fire at the 2 kids. who scared ****less threw the gun onto the ground and ran out with thier hands up. both of them are still in juvie for it. and my buddy and i were rushed to the hospital. not very fun

so you tell me would you rather **** around and shoot ppl with marbles and have some shoot at you with a .45

or respect the sportand what paintball guns are used for.
Old 04-05-2007, 11:26 PM #62
SpI806

SpI806 plays in the PSP
SpI806 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
SpI806 plays in the APPA D4 division
SpI806 supports DLX Technology
you cant freeze paint it expands and wont go threw the gun also it takes a extremely low temeperture to actually freeze the paint
Old 01-11-2008, 10:38 AM #63
GregHM
dislikes separatists

GregHM owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Bush View Post
Its not the paintball marker being misinterpreted as a deadly weapon (which, aside from freak high pressure explosions I dont think it could kill you...unless you stuck the barrel down someones throat and unloaded a hopper), its the deadly weapon that gets misinterpreted. Anything is a weapon, paintball gun, popsicle stick, cell phone, machette, extension chord, bowling ball, hard boiled eggs.....if you put your mind to it and use it right, you can probably kill somebody with just about anything.
i know exactly wat you mean, i'd rather 20 guys with paintball guns corner me than one guy with a nail and a thick elastic band lol... they're not even that dangerous compared to other sports equipment (bats, hockey sticks, even really rackets)