Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2006, 06:09 PM #22
Dark Cloud
You callin me crazy?!?!?!
 
Dark Cloud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: From NJ now in Houston
Dark Cloud is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by StockImpulse101
If a paintball gun is a deadly weapon why isnt paintball a deadly sport?
If you think about it, anything can be used as a deadly weapon its all about how it is used. People can get sentences like that for using anything from a golf club to a spatula

Paintball is not a deadly sport because it has very safe rules and regulations and the majority of its players respect these rules for their fellow players' and most of all their own safety.
Dark Cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-16-2006, 07:08 PM #23
Rwelch360
PredatorRacingTechnology
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Pennsylvania
if you ever read the warnings on the side of a box of paintballs it says that it is a dangerous sport and you can have fatalities from it. 300fps is fast and could definetly do harm if you got hit in the right places. It only takes 8 pounds of force to crush a windpipe and kill someone.... aren't these the same kids that were on the wild police videos? They video taped themselves driving around and shooting lots of people on the side of the road as they past and they hit a guy on a bicycle and he fell off into a parked car.
Rwelch360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 01:50 PM #24
JLobes
Speedball in the woods.
 
JLobes's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Rutgers New Brunswick NJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaysizzle69
hard boiled eggs? mmmh i get how u could use a cell but hard boiled eggs? damn dude that takes skill
Water-balloon launcher.
JLobes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 11:04 PM #25
jasonlvandyke
JasonLVanDyke
 
jasonlvandyke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Pinellas Park, FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by royalpaintball
i heard on the news that a couple of people where shooting a paintballgun out of a car window and they got caught and sent to jail for 20 years for assult with deadly weapon i know what they did is wrong but paintball guns are not deadly the worst they can do is hurt ur eye rlly bad or blind it i just thought its bs

A "deadly" weapon need not be deadly or a weapon. A weapon can legally be just about anything that is capable of being used as a weapon (toasters, for instance). "Deadly" simply means that the weapon is "capable of causing death or serious bodily injury". Loss of an eye is a serious bodily injury. This means if a paintball gun is being used as a weapon, it would qualify as a "deadly weapon" under most laws. Remember, it has to be used as a "weapon" to qualify since a paintball gun in and of itself is a piece of sporting goods. So if you were to shoot someone in a paintball game they couldn't be dicks and try to get you charged with a crime because, at the time they are shot, its not being used as a weapon - it is being used as intended.
jasonlvandyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 11:10 PM #26
Toronto PB Guy
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaysizzle69
hard boiled eggs? mmmh i get how u could use a cell but hard boiled eggs? damn dude that takes skill
Hard boiled eggs are definitely to be considered as deadly weapons. I happen to know first hand a fellow who ate a bunch of hard boiled eggs and then lit a blue flame (you know about the blue flames right?). It set his car on fire and he was lucky to escape with his life. It was only his little yappy dog barking and the stink eminating from the garage (guess the blue flame doesn't burn all the methane) that save him.

I hear there is one well-known company that is experimenting with methane powered markers right now. No tanks. No compressors or guages. Just a cork and a remote line.

Problem is keeping the paintballs under 300 fps as the methane pressure varies wildly from person to person.

Go figure.
Toronto PB Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 04:05 PM #27
cavicatz24
 
 
cavicatz24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Seattle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toronto PB Guy
Hard boiled eggs are definitely to be considered as deadly weapons. I happen to know first hand a fellow who ate a bunch of hard boiled eggs and then lit a blue flame (you know about the blue flames right?). It set his car on fire and he was lucky to escape with his life. It was only his little yappy dog barking and the stink eminating from the garage (guess the blue flame doesn't burn all the methane) that save him.

I hear there is one well-known company that is experimenting with methane powered markers right now. No tanks. No compressors or guages. Just a cork and a remote line.

Problem is keeping the paintballs under 300 fps as the methane pressure varies wildly from person to person.

Go figure.
ROTFL
cavicatz24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 08:39 PM #28
paroxsitic
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
at a local indoor during the spring this year i was shot in the neck with a kid using an angel shooting hott. it swelled up like crazy and i had trouble breathing so i left right away and tried driving myself to the ER which i stopped at a parking lot half way there and called me parents to pick me up because i couldnt concentrate on things wether the light was green or not. to make a longer story short , my parents picked me up , the hospital threw me in ER right away cuz it was a neck injury and the doctor told me i was lucky becuz if i got shot further back where the jugular or w/e the vien is called i ran the risk of death.
i was like holy ****... and i didnt know how to handle that information because i was sitting there freaking out on this bed and the docotrs telling me i coulda died... so i laughed in the most cautious ,freaked out way lol.
i went and bought 2 neck gaurds the next day

Last edited by paroxsitic : 10-23-2006 at 08:42 PM.
paroxsitic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 11:41 PM #29
dysfuncti0n
I'm Back
 
dysfuncti0n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Texas
dysfuncti0n is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
I worked at a Districy Attorney's Office.... many many many things can be considered a deadly weapon that you wouldn't normaly consider... it depends how it is used really.
dysfuncti0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 11:44 PM #30
NewbKilla
BIYD
 
NewbKilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by paroxsitic View Post
at a local indoor during the spring this year i was shot in the neck with a kid using an angel shooting hott. it swelled up like crazy and i had trouble breathing so i left right away and tried driving myself to the ER which i stopped at a parking lot half way there and called me parents to pick me up because i couldnt concentrate on things wether the light was green or not. to make a longer story short , my parents picked me up , the hospital threw me in ER right away cuz it was a neck injury and the doctor told me i was lucky becuz if i got shot further back where the jugular or w/e the vien is called i ran the risk of death.
i was like holy ****... and i didnt know how to handle that information because i was sitting there freaking out on this bed and the docotrs telling me i coulda died... so i laughed in the most cautious ,freaked out way lol.
i went and bought 2 neck gaurds the next day

wow. scary.
__________________
Old Feedback...
NewbKilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 01:37 PM #31
DJTHEMAC
 
 
DJTHEMAC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
In Arizona, any non-felon without a background of domestic abuse can apply for a concealed weapons permit. In this course you are instructed that you may stop an assailant, who has intention(verbal threat etc), means(oblong gun looking shape), and opportunity (within paintball range) to inflict great bodily harm (GBH). Losing an eye is most definitely considered GBH.

If you are walking down the street and a car rolls by, sticks out a barrel and shoots you with a paintball, in many cases a REASONABLE person could claim that they were acting in self defense by shooting at the vehicle. Theres more at stake here, then going to jail folks. How does dieing sound?
DJTHEMAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 02:00 AM #32
freeflow9
 
 
freeflow9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Under God
freeflow9 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
You people are insane if you think a drive-by with a paintball gun deserves a 20 year sentence. Yes it is detremental to the sport, yes it has serious potential to do serious injury, but 20 years?
__________________
My feedback http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=838907
My Feedback http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=10613038#post10613038
I also have e-bay feedback pm me for it Thankyou.
freeflow9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 02:09 PM #33
OneUp
 
 
OneUp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by freeflow9 View Post
You people are insane if you think a drive-by with a paintball gun deserves a 20 year sentence. Yes it is detremental to the sport, yes it has serious potential to do serious injury, but 20 years?
No, it sounds pretty reasonable to me. Paintball guns have lethal potential when misused, just like a knife. Try running around poking strangers with a knife with the intention of making welt-sized surface wounds, see if the other guy thinks you're just ****ing around or trying to kill him.
OneUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 02:20 PM #34
mugenXP
Registered Member
 
mugenXP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Los Angeles, CA
alot of stuff are deadly, it just depends how you use it.

but 20 years sounds like bs unless u give me the link to read it. a few months in jail sounds more appropriate.
mugenXP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 01:59 PM #35
albinoethiopian3
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: b'ville, NY
back in the day (not sure exactly when) 2 or 3 people died from getting hit in the eye with out a mask. the paintball went through there eye and into their brain. this was a long time ago, like '97 or '98, so im not sure of all the details, but they died from eye shots. The people in the video definatly didnt have masks on, so it could have been a deadly weapon.
albinoethiopian3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 07:43 PM #36
ShiddyPB
 
 
ShiddyPB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: New Hampshire
I guess if you shot a baby its deadly...but out in public a paintball chronoad at 450 to the eye could posible do it. But i dont think 20 years is right
__________________
Pmr
Ul Frame
Ul barrel
Ndz Eye covers
Ndz Spring detents
Ndz Feedneck
Proto Aliminum back cap
ShiddyPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 07:47 PM #37
albinoethiopian3
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: b'ville, NY
ya. maby 5-7, but definatly not 20
albinoethiopian3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 09:25 PM #38
murda42
Achilles
 
murda42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: NY
ok guys here is the law regarding deadly weapons. Each state is different but for the most part there are 7 deadly weapons:
1-gun
2-knife, gravity or switch blade
3-billy club
4-pilum balistic knife
5-brass nuckle knife
6-chuka stick, sand bag, sandclub,
7-wrist-brace type slingshot or slungshot, shirken or "Kung Fu star"

a paintball gun is defined as a dangerous instrument. Nobody in the US has recieved 20 years for assault with a paintball gun, I checked. The average time served for killing someone in the US is just under 8 years.
With that said a kid was killed not to long ago when some bright light put a screw driver in a paintball gun and shot it at him. So you can see how a marker can cause death.

When I started playing in 1990 the paintballs would freeze and turn into marbles. Now it is impossible, the composition and materials is different.
__________________
BALLIN FOR CRAZY PAINT

There is no hunting like the hunting of armed men, and for those who have hunted armed men and enjoyed it, shall care for nothing thereafter
murda42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 08:54 AM #39
Aut0c()cker4l1f3
 
 
Aut0c()cker4l1f3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Colo
Aut0c()cker4l1f3 plays in the PSP
Aut0c()cker4l1f3 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Aut0c()cker4l1f3 plays in the APPA D5 division
i bet if u could put paintballs in like ur freezer with -10 degrees for like 2 weeks something in theres gonna be frozen lol. one of these days im going to freeze a paintball.
Aut0c()cker4l1f3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 01:26 PM #40
Alan777
Tree Fitty
 
Alan777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Uh, we used to play woodsball. We had our velocities at 340-350 because we didnt have a chrono [we chrono'd once the SP fields opened up], and we played in an abandoned house. Got shot forma few feet away, nobody ever got hurt.

Im not sayign that you should do it, Im just sayign that its not goign to brake bones.
__________________
Premier Detailing LLC
Instagram: @premierdetailingllc
1991 Corvette
1994 BMW 325is
2013 Subaru Impreza Sport

Last edited by Alan777 : 12-17-2006 at 01:30 PM.
Alan777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 03:43 PM #41
killercostom98
 
 
killercostom98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
killercostom98 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
for one a kid got shot by a police officer during a riot and died. a kid got shoot during a driveby with pb guns in pennsy and is in a comma (sp).

they aren't considerd weapons unless used to harm, but they are not considerd guns because they have a low velocity and paintballs are above 68calaber.
at my school in jersey we cant bring pb guns into school. its to big of a liability the principle says and she also says the state wont allow it. wether thats true or not i dont know. but i know for a fact they dont allow any kind of compressed item into schools, so so much for tanks
__________________
NJ Paintball
Old Feedback
killercostom98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 04:00 PM #42
DJTHEMAC
 
 
DJTHEMAC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by killercostom98 View Post
for one a kid got shot by a police officer during a riot and died. a kid got shoot during a driveby with pb guns in pennsy and is in a comma (sp).

they aren't considerd weapons unless used to harm, but they are not considerd guns because they have a low velocity and paintballs are above 68calaber.
at my school in jersey we cant bring pb guns into school. its to big of a liability the principle says and she also says the state wont allow it. wether thats true or not i dont know. but i know for a fact they dont allow any kind of compressed item into schools, so so much for tanks
they are however considered "airguns" a "firearm" requires an explosive propellant. Caliber has nothing to do with it.
DJTHEMAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump