PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 08-11-2006, 08:32 PM #1
whosyomama311 (Banned)

Should I fix this problem?

I sent ION-MAN a ION qev. He recieved it but said that it was ripped open with nothing inside. He said right away that I could take pix if I didn't "believe him". Suspicious thing number 1.
Suspicious thing number 2. Why would one of the mail carriers take it?
Suspicious thing number 3. Why would they bother putting the envelope back into the mail, which could be looked bad upon the mail service. If a mail carrier did indeed want to take it he would have disposed of the envelope and made it look as though I didn't ship.
Suspicious thing number 4. Wanted me to refund money.
Suspicious thing number 5. When I said I would only return another QEV he said "well fine, just send it next day air!"

I think that maybe he ordered one and his friend wants one so they came up with this plan.

Here are the pix he sent me

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=main/...1935.jpg&s=f10

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=main/...2043.jpg&s=f10

I would like to see a pic of the top of the envelope. Like the part that folds over and seals.

UPDATE!

He recently sent me this via PM

19 was from wen u shipped it last, 27 is from wen u recieved the payment and now i dont even want it just give me my money back i dont need this bs, this little thing prevented me fro playing with dynasty at my local field
What do you guys think.... Should I send another QEV or is he full of it?

Last edited by whosyomama311 : 08-12-2006 at 11:33 PM.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-11-2006, 08:46 PM #2
wgpskaterpunk

wgpskaterpunk is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Dont give him anything man, USPS wouldnt do that, his ******* did

My feedback 65+
Old 08-11-2006, 08:47 PM #3
benjibbad

If he is so intent on getting another one. And you have proof that you sent it. Tell him to file a complaint with USPS and he should get the cost of the item back.

Shooting: 2005 EGO and 2005 Bob Long Defiant!!

Need gear look Here!!!
www.yourpaintballgear.com
Old 08-11-2006, 10:03 PM #4
rdsx18

rdsx18 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Yay for pics that don't work!! Seriously though, fix the pics and I personally would not send him another QEV.
NE Hurricanes supporter #33
New England Ballaz Member #72
My Feedback
Old 08-11-2006, 10:04 PM #5
whosyomama311 (Banned)

got to www.putfile.com/ION-MAN
Old 08-11-2006, 10:10 PM #6
rdsx18

Posted them for ya:

EDIT: Boo! That should have worked, I will try to fix them.

Ahh these pics don't want to be posted.....oh well I tried.
My Feedback

Last edited by rdsx18 : 08-11-2006 at 10:12 PM.
Old 08-11-2006, 10:47 PM #7
rdsx18

Here is part of the PM I sent to whosyomomma:
No way that happend in the mail. It seems like he ripped it open. It seems to carefully ripped. It looks like what people do when they open a bag of M&M's, if it just naturally ripped open in the mail or if some careless carrier opened it it would be a more straight rip if you know what I mean.

I didn't qoute it, cuz, well I said it! I hope other people understand this.
My Feedback
Old 08-11-2006, 11:13 PM #8
pbfan3068
MW

Don't give him a penny. If he wants to rip someone off, link him to the USPS website.

My Feedback (+35/-0)
Old 08-12-2006, 12:00 AM #9
Supermanofsteel

Yeah, I think this is a postal issue problem not yours.
Photoshop done by me... :)
Old 08-12-2006, 12:46 AM #10
plushdragon

plushdragon helped look for balloons
re:

first off if the letter got eaten by a postal machine they have to stamp it damaged and items lost.if it did get eaten have him and you fill out a postal form for goods damaged in shipping.
Old 08-12-2006, 01:07 AM #11
xkpxfatassxx (Banned)

i herd that ups jacks stuff, but i'm sure it wasn't this time, he's a scammer
Old 08-12-2006, 10:24 AM #12
$PJ$ (Banned)

$PJ$ is a Supporting Member
Something seems fishy here. WHen the search function is back up look at this guys posts to see if he made a mistake and admits he has a QEV
Old 08-12-2006, 12:07 PM #13
Takedown56 (Banned)

i was sent 90$ cash in a box shipped via ups, i opened the box their was nothing in it. The box was double taped, the guy swared he sent it so i have nbo idea what happened, this was A LONGG TIME AGO though.
Old 08-12-2006, 12:32 PM #14
DWC

DWC is a Supporting Member
Metal parts, paper envelopes and postal machines do not go well. You did not do a proper job of packing it if the pics are correct. It should have been in a padded mailer or a box. It could be on the floor or in a sorting machine at one of the sorting facilities between you and him.
1. He said right away that I could take pix if I didn't "believe him". Suspicious thing number 1. Why is him showing you the damage a problem. The inability to take a picture is what I would find suspicious.
2. Why would one of the mail carriers take it? Maybe they didn't. I could have just fell out due to improper packaging.
3. Why would they bother putting the envelope back into the mail, which could be looked bad upon the mail service. If a mail carrier did indeed want to take it he would have disposed of the envelope and made it look as though I didn't ship. Have you never received damaged mail before?
4. Wanted me to refund money. Maybe since he had already had a problem dealing wity you he wanted to try another seller.
5. I said I would only return another QEV he said "well fine, just send it next day air!" Maybe he needed the part asap or felt cheated by the results of the first transaction.

After years of trading and receiving items packaged all kinds of ways I really do not find his story unreasonable.

"Yeah, I think this is a postal issue problem not yours." Since you failed to insure it and the package used failed to protect the product shipped the problem becomes the shippers not the shipping company.

WHEN YOU WANT THE MUSIC TO MOVE YOU http://www.bonnaroo.com

Last edited by DWC : 08-12-2006 at 01:07 PM.
Old 08-12-2006, 04:48 PM #15
railz
Manamana - DooDooDeDooDoo

railz is a Supporting Member
railz donated to help Peyton Trent
railz is playing at Living Legends III
railz supports our troops
Hang on a sec.

You put a large metal object in an unpadded PAPER envelope and wonder why this happened?

You have got to be kidding me.

Invest 20c in a bubble mailer next time and if you didn't insure it you have to replace it.
Old 08-12-2006, 06:41 PM #16
whosyomama311 (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by railz
Hang on a sec.

You put a large metal object in an unpadded PAPER envelope and wonder why this happened?

You have got to be kidding me.

Invest 20c in a bubble mailer next time and if you didn't insure it you have to replace it.
its not large its tiny. I put all kinds of things in envelopes like that and it has never happened.....One time a shipped a large pocket knife just in a plain envelope and it got there fine.....after hundreds of packages shipped this way I don't see why it would happen now.
Old 08-12-2006, 06:59 PM #17
DWC

Quote:
Originally Posted by whosyomama311
its not large its tiny. I put all kinds of things in envelopes like that and it has never happened.....One time a shipped a large pocket knife just in a plain envelope and it got there fine.....after hundreds of packages shipped this way I don't see why it would happen now.

Consider yourself lucky in the past and package correctly in the future. Give ION-MAN another valve or his $$ back. From your feedback you have not shipped hundreds of packages so consider it a lesson learned. Consider the cost of proper shipping and packaging into your bottom line price in the future and cover your ***.

Old 08-12-2006, 07:00 PM #18
whosyomama311 (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWC
Consider yourself lucky in the past and package correctly in the future. Give ION-MAN another valve or his $$ back. From your feedback you have not shipped hundreds of packages so consider it a lesson learned. Consider the cost of proper shipping and packaging into your bottom line price in the future and cover your ***.
www.cajunpaintball.com

ebay transactions and items sold through that site are my 100's of transactions

Last edited by whosyomama311 : 08-17-2006 at 08:51 PM.
Old 08-12-2006, 07:07 PM #19
DWC

Well if I buy a BT Tippmann Double Trigger Kit 98 Custom from your site you charge me $7.50 shipping and you sling it in a dime store envelope and throw 3 stamps on it? I am not trying to flame you but you are not taking the proper steps to cover you *** as far as shipping. You have to get the item to the buyer in the described condition. If you chose the cheap way out you assume the risk. If you are a Ebay seller you know that. You can not prove an item was received if you just slap it in an envelope and paste a couple of stamps on it. If you order the same trigger from Tippmann would it come to your store in an envelope with a couple of stamps on it? If you order knives from Buck. Gerber or Case would they come in an envelope with some stamps on it? No they would come insured with tracking and they would be properly packaged.

Last edited by DWC : 08-12-2006 at 07:26 PM.
Old 08-12-2006, 07:19 PM #20
whosyomama311 (Banned)

well thats your opinion. The other ppl said that hes the one lying. Plus he hasn't messaged me in three days about it. Since I told him that I thought he was trying to pull and fast one.
Old 08-12-2006, 07:55 PM #21
DWC

Quote:
Originally Posted by whosyomama311
well thats your opinion. The other ppl said that hes the one lying. Plus he hasn't messaged me in three days about it. Since I told him that I thought he was trying to pull and fast one.
Many of those ppl posted before the pic's were posted. My comments were to help you out in the future. I have been where you are now. My Ebay feedback is close to 800, my PBN feedback is in my signature. My experence in the shipping business with one of the top 3 is over 25 years. I have many friends who work for the other 2. I tried to offer you some advice based on my own experiences. I could care less if you take it or not but you still owe ION-MAN a QEV or his $$$ back. It just business. Why post this: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...6#post24610016 if you own or are associated with this: www.cajunpaintball.com

Last edited by DWC : 08-12-2006 at 08:41 PM.