PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 08-16-2006, 06:56 PM #22
furby37
Friendship4sale

I think Dark Horizon had the right idea.Most people wouldn't mind 2 on each coast and 1 somewhere in between,I think.Just don't have SD then 6 weeks later do LA...maybe west,east,mw,east,west?

Anything you've read here is MY opinion.Get your own.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-16-2006, 09:06 PM #23
shatteredreality

shatteredreality is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiostate
Smart parts isn't a NPPL vendors/sponsor even on east coast events.
The majority of the sponsor/vendors are west coast not all
just another reason why I play PSP
Old 08-16-2006, 10:23 PM #24
TwistedPBMom
Field Owner

TwistedPBMom is a Supporting Member
TwistedPBMom is an Ultimate field/store owner
TwistedPBMom supports our troops
Thanks for stopping by to give your unasked for opinion. Have you ever played an NPPL event? After attending numerous NPPL tournaments and one PSP, I can tell you that PSP does not come close to running an event of NPPL's caliber. AND, why PSP will never receive one penny of my money ever again. Screw me once, shame on you. Screw me twice....

Old 08-16-2006, 11:13 PM #25
shatteredreality

shatteredreality is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedPBMom
Thanks for stopping by to give your unasked for opinion. Have you ever played an NPPL event? After attending numerous NPPL tournaments and one PSP, I can tell you that PSP does not come close to running an event of NPPL's caliber. AND, why PSP will never receive one penny of my money ever again. Screw me once, shame on you. Screw me twice....
hahaha

are you serious?

Last I checked this was a public forum where everyones opinion is welcome.

And I was at Boston, wasn't particularly impressed that you had to pay to watch pros and that people were playing on spray painted concrete for 2 grand and up in entry.

Maybe if NPPL brought more events to the east coast and one to the northeast, more teams up here would play 7 man.

Only trying to help, I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings or offended you in anyway.
Old 08-16-2006, 11:16 PM #26
navigator
Roth

navigator plays in the PSP
navigator owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
navigator plays in the APPA D4 division
Ok people lets not make this into another "NPPL is better than the PSP thread"
both series have there good and bad points and let it be at that...
Old 08-23-2006, 11:17 PM #27
mauikalohe

mauikalohe is a Supporting Member
Still suprised at the small turn out for San Deigo, anyone not going due to terrorist/plane issues? Any teams lookign to sign up still?
Old 08-24-2006, 02:55 PM #28
furby37
Friendship4sale

Not going due to high costs of entry,travel and accomodations.We opted to hit LA instead.

Old 08-24-2006, 04:32 PM #29
AdrenaLCD222
Game.....Blouses

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatteredreality

And I was at Boston, wasn't particularly impressed that you had to pay to watch pros and that people were playing on spray painted concrete for 2 grand and up in entry.

Maybe if NPPL brought more events to the east coast and one to the northeast, more teams up here would play 7 man.

Only trying to help, I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings or offended you in anyway.
I would agree more east coast teams play XBall, but this really has nothing to do with cost issues, it has to due with the format. Everything in XBall costs more; entrance fees and cost of paint is rediculous! Some teams will shoot as many cases in 1-2 matches as a 7man team will shoot in an entire event! I don't care if "your sponsor" is covering the cost, it is still money out of someone's pocket.
Now lets do a little math here;

PSP San Bernadino- Soccer fields, horrible parking situation, most team players didn't get IDs till 5 minutes before thier first game, score boards malfunctioning, and a very weak team turnout.
Turnout- 107 teams (including NXL teams)

NPPL Boston- Huge venue at a Professional NFL stadium, Huge amount of parking, custom turf (although they need some new turf! Stat!), just as many vendors if not more than PSP, lower entrance fees, paint savings, prelims offer 56 minutes of play while PSP is only max of 40min., and players get free fruit and water in thier areas.
Turnout- 189 teams (including PRO division)

Now don't get me wrong, I love the FORMAT of PSP, but the cost to play ratio is not there. The actual format is what draws teams to play, same as NPPL, but the NPPL gets more teams because it is more cost effective.

I would agree with everyone that NPPL does need a mid-United States tournament, it would be only right. But people have to look at it from a money making perspective. The California events are the biggest events (minus the last tournament, Commanders Cup wherever it is).
Why do you think NXL won't be at the next PSP? Sponsors are seeing how much money it is costing them and the presence of them being at Mid-Atlantic Open is not worth it.
Old 08-24-2006, 06:52 PM #30
Blakjak

Blakjak is a Supporting Member
I have to agree about the costs of travel. Going to Boston cost the team almost as much as it would have cost us to play a Millenium tournament.

There has to be an ne coast venue that isn't so difficult to get too...those detours for the I90 tunnel were murder.

midwest would be cool as well. Why does the NPPL avoid the Chicago area?
http://soldierpaintball.com
www.teamkeebler.com
Old 08-24-2006, 07:00 PM #31
PBiNsIdEr06

NPPL events hace the greatest tradeshows on the planet there were plenty more vendors in Boston Then san bern....
Old 08-25-2006, 10:20 AM #32
Fox4paintball
Home of upTon 187 cRew

Annual Supporting Member
Fox4paintball is a Professional paintball player
Fox4paintball is an Ultimate field/store owner
Fox4paintball plays in the PSP
Fox4paintball owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Fox4paintball owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Fox4paintball plays in the APPA D4 division
So...regardless of what people are requesting I believe the NPPL signed a deal with the Krafts, so Boston will be a stop on the tour for the next several years. Additionally, from what i hear the vendors had a great showing (high volume of sales) at Boston - better then most/all of the other venues they've been at. I believe most/all of the vendors want to come back to Boston due to the level of sales they had. New England has a high volume of paintball fields and stores in a small geographic area - that means more people attending the events that are not playing (read into that - customers for the vendors).

No doubt the detours from the tunnel issues brought on some unneeded pain - next year I'd recommend Southwest into Providence's T.F. Green airport.

Dave
Home of upTon 187 cRew
(508) 529-FOX4 (3694)
www.fox4paintball.com
Old 08-25-2006, 02:17 PM #33
rocketsatx

San Antonio - The Alamo Dome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camille Baker
I couldn't agree with you guys more. The current situation of 3 SoCal events obviously isn't ideal for most customers.

I'd like to see two east coast, two west coast and one midwest event in 2007. HB obviously isn't going any where and to be honest, Tampa, Boston and San Diego are all very successful events as well. There are perks to revisiting the same venues year after year as we create awareness with the public and the local teams and businesses plan for our event in their annual outlook. Just the same, I feel it is equally as important to reach new markets by setting up in various regions. It is a very serious goal of ours to continue to grow the sport and we take all of this into account when selecting venues.

I love getting leads from you on venues in your areas or areas you'd like to see us visit. Keep the leads coming! Email me at Camille@NPPL.tv
The Alamo Dome is San Antonio has no pro team, big flat parking lots, lots of hotels right across the street, and ready nightlife for paintballers on the Riverwalk, which is right near the Dome and the hotels. Maybe this could take the place of one of the three Calif. events. The weather in October is great, and why not put at least the NPPL field inside the dome?

We have already suggested this to Camille, but anyone else who thinks it might work for them, let NPPL know!
Old 08-25-2006, 04:05 PM #34
RedAkuma
Respect, give it get it

Annual Supporting Member
RedAkuma is a founding member
RedAkuma plays in the PSP
RedAkuma supports our troops
RedAkuma is Boss
just my two cents but i wonder if it is more of an issues that there are more teams on the east and west coast than in the midwest/central and states?? Not to be bias but as an example look at how may nppl pro teams and where they call home?

side note airfare to boston was crazy esp. comparied to tampa.

Old Feedback 95 reasons to trust me
Feedback
"Originally posted by firefoxx04: Everything works awesome and just as described, thanks.
This guy is straight business no bull ****."

Dm14, Luxe, Marq, Victory, Rotor. extra parts all for sale

Super End of Summer SALE, All for Sale or trade

Ninja SLP Crossfire 45/4500 For sale

Last edited by RedAkuma : 08-25-2006 at 04:10 PM.
Old 08-26-2006, 12:15 AM #35
furby37
Friendship4sale

There's a lot of mw teams/player looking for teams,but almost nothing as far as big events that are nearby. I know driving from Mi to Boston took 2 carloads and about 19 hours.Granted ,we took the long way to avoid issues with minors and gear,but still....
If there were closer national events,you'd see a lot more mw teams out there.

Off the wall idea ....Cedar Point in Sandusky Ohio has HUGE parking lots,and even towards non peak time of the year has a ton of people who have most likely never seen paintball the way we play. In Mi,the Silverdome is completely unused.NPPL indoors?

Old 08-26-2006, 08:33 PM #36
teamINFEKT
rep yo ****

for the central event how about st. louis? its right in the middle of the country and it would be a new event instead of going to the same cities with both leagues... just a thought
Old 08-28-2006, 07:21 AM #37
Bill
Paintball Showcase

Annual Supporting Member
Bill is a Supporting Member
Bill is a founding member
Bill owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
As I see it, The NPPL has 4 great locals in HB, Tampa, Boston and SD. I am not sure why they opted for a 3rd So Cal event. Alot of team turn out and revenue is from local teams not being able to travel and they want to play local "pro" event. Thus the reason why Boston and Tampa do well. With NPPL having 2 events prior to the LA Open and the PSP having one this is only going to hurt the LA Open. Kids can only generate so much money. I believe an event in the middle of the country is what NPPL needs.
Next year SD should be last and the Sept event should be in the midwest. Somewhere with alot of 7 man teams. Somewhere that is reasonable $$ to fly into. Somewhere with plentiful accomidations!

Certified NorthEast Eclipse Technician/Warranty Center!

Used Gun thread: EGO8s, DMs, Shockers, and more...
Old 08-28-2006, 08:18 AM #38
mrmag911
Spam ftw!

mrmag911 plays in the APPA D4 division
Heck, what about Kansas City or Denver? Both very nice midwest towns with pro sports teams in the cities, so stadium venues aren't that hard to find. I agree though, the extreme east coast/west coast schedule gives no love to the guys smack dab in the middle of the country.

Old Feedback: +40/-0
Old 08-28-2006, 08:32 AM #39
Bill
Paintball Showcase

Annual Supporting Member
Bill is a Supporting Member
Bill is a founding member
Bill owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Denver is a terrible idea. The cost is to great. The weather is horrible.

KC, St Louis, Chicago are all decent selections.

Certified NorthEast Eclipse Technician/Warranty Center!

Used Gun thread: EGO8s, DMs, Shockers, and more...
Old 08-28-2006, 02:46 PM #40
mrmag911
Spam ftw!

mrmag911 plays in the APPA D4 division
Hmmm, I used to live in Denver...don't remember the weather being bad in September/October. Or even May for that matter...

Old Feedback: +40/-0
Old 08-30-2006, 02:06 PM #41
Sanchez24
Pod Theives SUCK

Sanchez24 is a Supporting Member
I thaught Denver was a great venue. Coming from CA it was relatively inexpensive to fly into, lots of hotels lots of places to kill time when your done for the day. We did get some showers during one of the days out there in 04 but it wasn't that bad. I think NPPL should go back to Denver.

My 2 cents
Old 08-30-2006, 02:43 PM #42
furby37
Friendship4sale

I heard that the cost to have an event in Denver is fairly high,and that's why they opted to not return.?? Just what I heard.I also heard Bostonis set for 3 more years. So..HB,Tampa,Boston,SD seem to be given.Let's see an actual mid US event next year...