PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2003, 09:20 PM #22
Stray Bullet

Stray Bullet is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Duh, did you get lost 7 hundreths of what I don't know.

Well paintballa07,
Anytime your in New Mexico just post. We have a several fields that we can play at. Better yet go to The Tippmann World Challenge and play on the world team. I'll be on the Tippmann team. A-5 w/rt baby. I'll also be at the Black Cat productions Jim Band scenero game. Don't expect a flame war. You won't find one here Mr. I registered: "Jan 2003."
Advertisement
Old 01-07-2003, 10:35 PM #23
blackrain

blackrain is a founding member
blackrain supports Bob Gurnsey
Smile Well drone 71

I'm from Washington and there aren't many RM parts here either.Not even in Texas when I lived there.Yes Spyder parts are plentifyul for some.Can't really find anymore for the older models(they've be discontinued).I just substitute Pirhana strikers now.Ya know the funny thing about paintball,some places can take one of the crappiest markers and turn it into something special.Make parts for it and really push it.Then some companies really shun a marker even tho it very good.Thats really the nature of the beast.But what really gets me mad is they never build them right the first time,just like to send them out with minor dicrepencies(sp)Why is it so hard for a company to make a trigger that doesn't have side to side slop?Thats an example but its something all players ask for.Not hard to do.For instance,if you were to build a marker would you just build it and sell them or would you get player feed back by letting them play with it before you sold it?I'm really sorry to hear about your dealings with BE.That is real bad customer PR.But I've had companies do that to me before.I just don't buy from them.Yea the VL revies aren't the best now,thats why I hold onto my old one from the days.I also use a ricochet.For future ref,you can use a servo out of a hobby store for revy repairs,just have to modify it a little.I've made a motorized hopper from hobby store parts.And then used some BE shells.It is nice to have a choice when buying and truthfully if you notice anything that will give any big name competion they try to sue.That's what really makes me sick about this sport,that and the 13 yr olds that know everything cause mommy bought them an expensive gun,so she didn't have to here them cry.Actually I find parts else where to.Buy my macs straight from the company,wires and clips from digi-key.Rams from clippard.I avoid high cost when I can.But that's how all companies are,they jack the price and tell everyone they were built for only them.So the idiot player believes them.I can really tell you of one quality company that has really and always will back their guns is ICD.They still to this day warrenty their pump bushmaster.And those have been out dated for like about 10 yrs now.If they don't have the part,they'll make it.Thats a quality company that you can back your money with.I bet smart parts would do the same.AGD is also a great company,although I dont own any of their guns,I hear they gave free upgrades when they came out.Not to many companies around that do that.Just my 2 cents.
Later,
Blackrain
Old 01-08-2003, 06:57 PM #24
paintballa07

well stray bullet...sorry but I don't play in tippmann tourneys. And I won't be going to new mexico ever. I don't play in any woods games becuz I just don't do that kinda paintball. And your getting on me for registering january 2003? I have only been registered that long. BUT I've been on another forum for awhile instead of this one. I am not dissing a rainmaker I'm just giving my opinon.IF YOU DON''T LIKE IT DON'T SAY ANYTHING.
Old 01-08-2003, 08:22 PM #25
automagsrule
LOIC

Quote:
Originally posted by drone71
seems yo me you answered your own questions..

"my spyder flash lcd (high end spyder): 540 balls, cup seal broke.
982 balls, fittings leaked
2 cases, reg broke, leaked out of guage
5 cases, SS kinked up somehow and started leaking...
included in this is probably 150 random chops"

The BE RM I bought never even worked! SO even by your own words the Spyder performed better. However lets adress the minor problems you mentioned.

Cup seal broke, your marker came with an extra one, fix it. 6 mins worth of work.

Leaking fittings? Tighten them!

AS for the kingman reg., come on, you and I both know they dont work! Leaking out guage? throw out guage and insert plug!

SS hose messed up? Thats something you did. SS hose wont kink on its own. All the stuff you mentioned are things that can go wrong with anymarker, including the poor made BE RM!

"i waited 4 months for a new set of 5 striker o-rings? thats great service."

BE never even delt with me in an honest manner. They simply thought I would go away and let them keep my money. AS I clearly stated in my post It was only after my credit card company got my money back for me that BE even took the slightest of intrest in thier own product! 4 months is a long time to wait. Even then it was still a better deal than what I got in dealing with BE. I waited 6 months and nearly had to sue.

In short young buck even BE wont make the RM any more. Simple reason being the marker was a gaint POS! Simply put most of the time the marker did not work. Some folks got a few of them RMs that do work. NOt many! SO beware.... If anything goes wrong with a spyder any monkey at any shop will have parts for it. The parts will be cheaper than RM parts. The parts will be readily available. RMs are abit like a novelty Item. Be attapmted to copy the autococker and ad electronics. The result, was an abomination called the RM.

HEck you can even try a tippman with an RT trigger should work better than the RM crap any day.
Wow, your almost as good at taking people out of context as me!
convenient how you "forgot" to put the whole rainmaker 1 chop in 7 cases, no other problems. There's always gonna be a lemon (like yours that didn't work) and getting older versions of a discontinued marker from PAINTBALLGEAR.COM, you are lucky it came in 1 peace. the fittings would leak, so i would tighten them. they would still leak so i would still tighten them. finally i got tired of it and lock tited it. thats when it started leaking out of the gauge. replaced the guage, happened again. replaced the reg, everything went alright, for a while. a little later, whats this? the SS hose is kinked. How this happened is still a mystery (only kingman crap could pull that off). so i go to unscrew it, used the strongest lok-tite... needed new x-chamber, reg, and ss hose.

paintballa07, welcome to the forums, now learn to think before posting, sniper-boy. I call you sniper-boy simply because only snipers care how loud there gun is (no such thing as stealth in speedball, get out from behind the tree) like i said earlier in the post, if you are more concerned on looking good than playing good, i guess the boxy, bulky shape of the rainmaker might be a turn-off.

rainmakers are way better than cockers:
1. louder (scares newbs)
2. faster firing
3. moddable as crap
4. real head turner
5.boxy shaped (i like that)
6.self-timing.
7. can be run over by a car and still shoot fine (seriously)

“If it is true that we need a degree of certainty to get by, it is also true that too much of the stuff can be lethal”
-Terry Eagleton
Old 01-08-2003, 10:08 PM #26
drone71

Red face actually..... no

I bought the RM back when they were still making them. If I recall correctly I paid something like 300.00 for it back then.

I dont know why you had so many problems with the Spyder. I've seen quite I few of them and they work very well.

I am sure you like your marker very much. I just honestly do not believe that the RM is a good marker to recomend to anyone. Almost everyone I talked to that ever bought an RM had big problems with them. Thats just been my experiance with them.
As I mentioned earlier.... the markers own service centers did not want to touch the marker!

As for the 1 chop in 7 cases...... I just really dont believe it. Sorry. I have trouble thinking of an RM that would actually shoot a paintball.

rainmakers are way better than cockers:
1. louder (scares newbs)--does'nt even make a sound-dont work
2. faster firing-only in your minds eye!
3. moddable as crap-well one out of three- the crap part is true!
4. real head turner-yup, it also makes people laugh too!
5.boxy shaped (i like that)-true
6.self-timing.-like a chucnk of metal paper wieght
7. can be run over by a car and still shoot fine (seriously)- that must be why mine did'nt work! I never thought of trying that.

Seems you may be right!

Old 01-08-2003, 10:16 PM #27
hp_lovecraft
Resident old timer

funny thing...

The funny thing here is that most of the trolls really have no idea what a RM is, so they just bash it for the "Brass Eagle" name.

I guess that means that I can go to the Angel group, and say the exact same things since the Angel was going to be distributed by Brass Eagle at one time.

We all agree that BE has no customer service, like most companies.

We all agree that an AC has more aftermarket parts, although both the AC and RM can share many of those parts. (ie LPR, HPR, barrel, hose, etc, etc).

Performance wise? Well, the RM can fire faster, chop less, and won't loose timing. Uglier? Thats relative. A stock RM is kinda ugly. Thats why everyone removes the RM shroud, and cleans up the wire/hose/battery mess.... hmmm... just like the AC.

"Better" is relative. New RMs go for $150 on Ebay now. Currently thats the best gun under $200 right now. Nothing comes close in that price range. It outperforms the $300 stock AC.
If you are comparing a custom $1500 AC Racegun verses a $150 stock RM..... then whats the point? Its apples and oranges.

That said, if you had $300 to spend, I might get a BKO- I think they are better then AC's, but -thats my opionion-. $300 would also get you a pretty darn good RM.

Nick
Old 01-08-2003, 10:22 PM #28
drone71

Question HUH?

hp_lovecraft, was that reply ment for me? I never compared the RM to any marker. I just placed that quote from someone else.
I did add to it though. I would never compare the RM to an actual paintball marker that posseses the ability to fire a paintball.
Old 01-08-2003, 11:09 PM #29
automagsrule
LOIC

as opposed to comparing them to autocockers.

“If it is true that we need a degree of certainty to get by, it is also true that too much of the stuff can be lethal”
-Terry Eagleton
Old 01-09-2003, 07:04 AM #30
hp_lovecraft
Resident old timer

drone71
The problem is that your making ridiculous remarks, so we automatically consider you a troll, and don't take you seriously.

The RM has design flaws, but so does the AC. I wouldnt pay $400 for a stock RM, nor would I recommend it (or an AC) to a newb, but its the best value in paintball right now for someone who wants more performance then a blowback, with greater reliability.... plus its a tinkers dream gun.

Another good value is a used stock mag. I see them for $100. Just add the Lvl10 bolt, and N2 and you have a pretty good gun.

Nick
Old 01-09-2003, 10:40 AM #31
drone71

huh..

I never stated anything that was not true. AS for the AC stuff.. I actually copied that from someone else on this thread and added some stuff to it just for laughs... so read the thread before you start calling people names. Asswipe..

The RM is what its is, a POS. It requires alot of work to get them to become an actual painball gun.
Old 01-09-2003, 12:42 PM #32
Typhren
ezOP

Quote:
Originally posted by TimmyDude73
dont get a rainmaker get a cocker. there is no compitition against a rainmaker and a cocker. the cocker would win.
It's true, between my Cocker and Rainmaker, the Cocker wins the 100-meter dash EVERY SINGLE TIME! It's better at kickboxing too. Oh, and the Cocker makes coffee soo good, that the Rainmaker can't even HOPE to compete.

Brass Eagle Owners Group
http://forums.beog.org
Old 01-09-2003, 01:16 PM #33
drone71

Wink hey you forgot...

Typhren, does'nt your cocker make martinis as well? Olive optional!
Old 01-09-2003, 02:08 PM #34
Kevmaster
Owners Group Div:Director

but Ty, the Rainmaker wins in the mile....
Old 01-09-2003, 07:41 PM #35
Stray Bullet

Stray Bullet is a Supporting Member
Cocker wins alright!

Yup,
I agree whole heartedly that the Cocker wins at everything related to household tasks. But what really makes it shine is it's contribution as an ice crusher. An Autococker can chop and crush an ice cube better than any blender made by man. You can keep your product chilled with the Co2 while the "Autochopper" turns out a perfect snow cone everytime.

Last edited by Stray Bullet : 01-09-2003 at 08:19 PM.
Old 01-09-2003, 11:00 PM #36
automagsrule
LOIC

AC blows RM away as a paperweight too.

-Terry Eagleton
Old 01-11-2003, 08:29 PM #37
folder504

Quote:
Originally posted by paintballa07
shoot are ya on crack? an autococker could smoke a rainmaker.rainmakers are loud,ugly and just can't compare to an autococker.

It's my opinion go with what you want but I would go with an autococker any time
Have you ever actually played a game with one?
Old 01-11-2003, 09:08 PM #38
paintballa07

yes i know a kid that has one
Old 01-11-2003, 10:12 PM #39
ScottQ
lefty scissors

Annual Supporting Member
ScottQ is a Moderator
ScottQ is a Supporting Member
ScottQ is a founding member
ScottQ works for a Paintball manufacturer
ScottQ plays in the PSP
ScottQ supports Team VICIOUS
yeah you dont.

Once in awhile you get shown the light, the strangest of places if you look at it right.
Old 01-11-2003, 11:26 PM #40
TimmyDude73
puffin penguins rule

everyone shut the hell up:

cocker: good
rainmaker: bad

thats is the main point. and for the person who posted earlyer, why would you use a rainmaker in a tourny i mean it would break, chop, heavy, cheap, looks horrible, ect. just get a cocker or something else besides a rainmaker. come on you are stupid if you think a rainmaker is beter than cocker. well i geuss these be guns are for yall people who cant save up and get a real gun. not your falt you cant get money, oooo wait it is your falt.
i am on the tourny team ofthe puffin penguins( 3 man) i am the front player and have a classic timmy with delrin bolt, 12v rev/x-board, dye boomstick, Pure Energy 68/45 nitro tank, pmi drop, timmy low rise, soon to have a clamshell.

soon to have a ironman timmy with egg2or HaloB, freak with all-american front and steel back, 68/45 maxflow nitro tank, cp drop, and the reast of the upgrades are to be desided on.
Closed Thread