PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2003, 05:42 PM #1
Dark Sheep Returned

has been a member for 10 years
I Hate You People

Hey, All of your people with your Rainmakers ...I was going to buy a 'Cocker but you've convinced me to buy a Rainmaker and trick it out into a sick, paint slinging machine...

Anyway, which brings me to my next point: do you guys just remove the shroud and then slap on all the cool, sick-looking mechanical parts?

Any suggestions for some good combinations? Have to buy a used RM

**edit: Watch yourself. That was borderline

Last edited by Kevmaster : 01-04-2003 at 11:51 PM.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-04-2003, 06:47 PM #2
Stray Bullet

Stray Bullet is a Supporting Member
New Rainmaker.

Call Paintballgear.com They still might have a few new ones hanging around. For the $99 asking price it's worth a try.

Get a hose kit. If you take the hoses off once they will leak.
Run a remote w/ Co2 or go HPA.
Old 01-05-2003, 02:34 PM #3
TimmyDude73
puffin penguins rule

dont get a rainmaker get a cocker. there is no compitition against a rainmaker and a cocker. the cocker would win.
i am on the tourny team ofthe puffin penguins( 3 man) i am the front player and have a classic timmy with delrin bolt, 12v rev/x-board, dye boomstick, Pure Energy 68/45 nitro tank, pmi drop, timmy low rise, soon to have a clamshell.

soon to have a ironman timmy with egg2or HaloB, freak with all-american front and steel back, 68/45 maxflow nitro tank, cp drop, and the reast of the upgrades are to be desided on.
Old 01-05-2003, 03:30 PM #4
jawpaul
Not so Deep Thoughts

Quote:
Originally posted by TimmyDude73
dont get a rainmaker get a cocker. there is no compitition against a rainmaker and a cocker. the cocker would win.
Why would the autococker win?
Black Dye Sticky 3 Grips
Black Evolution 2 Z-board inside
Crossfire 45/45 HP
AM Sentinel TS Sunburst
Old 01-05-2003, 04:35 PM #5
TimmyDude73
puffin penguins rule

relible, wnt brake, nicer, faster, more accurate, not as cheap, ect.
i am on the tourny team ofthe puffin penguins( 3 man) i am the front player and have a classic timmy with delrin bolt, 12v rev/x-board, dye boomstick, Pure Energy 68/45 nitro tank, pmi drop, timmy low rise, soon to have a clamshell.

soon to have a ironman timmy with egg2or HaloB, freak with all-american front and steel back, 68/45 maxflow nitro tank, cp drop, and the reast of the upgrades are to be desided on.
Old 01-05-2003, 04:35 PM #6
TimmyDude73
puffin penguins rule

relible, wont brake, nicer, faster, more accurate, not as cheap, ect.

Old 01-05-2003, 04:35 PM #7
TimmyDude73
puffin penguins rule

relible, wont brake, nicer, faster, more accurate, not as cheap, ect.

Old 01-05-2003, 07:05 PM #8
Kevmaster
Owners Group Div:Director

"relible, wnt brake, nicer, faster, more accurate, not as cheap"

"relible"(as opposed to "reliable"): so because i havnt done anything more to my Rainmaker than clean the paint off the outside and put 2-3 drops of oil in the macro fitting before playing in the past 6 months...with over 10,000 rounds through it...AND... with my buddy's RM, he does the same amount of work and it hasnt choped in 20,000 rounds ... that makes Rainmakers unreliable? OK...Sure

wnt brake: please tell me how a gun that "wnt brake"(as opposed to "won't break") differs from a gun that is reliable? Oh, and I just thought...when you ask most peoples opinion of the cocker "they break too much" or "theyre too hard to maintain".... but I don't want to step to that level

nicer: i have to say, my RM is one hell of a nice gun. Fun to tinker with....how is a cocker nicer than a RM?

faster: my RM will do 15bps...can your cocker do that?...... Didn't think so

more accurate: Please. Explain this. Id love to see how your cocker is more accurate than my Rainmaker. I believe BOTH WARPIG.com AND PBReview.com did tests and a closed bolt marker is no more accurate than an open bolt

not as cheap: so you're proud that you overpaid? I suppose thats cool....

ect: um...its "etc"...et cetera
Old 01-05-2003, 07:08 PM #9
Kevmaster
Owners Group Div:Director

Oh, and I forgot my predictions about you:

Prolly a "wanna-be" Tourny player....around 14 years old... wearing Dye gear... cocker or maybe an Impy your parents bought you...
Old 01-05-2003, 08:07 PM #10
automagsrule
LOIC

Quote:
Originally posted by TimmyDude73
relible, wnt brake, nicer, faster, more accurate, not as cheap, ect.
reliable: just like every air smith in the world has at one time fixed a busted cocker? and you could run over a rainmaker with a car and still shoot it?

wont brake: see reliable

nicer: you mean shinier right? i guess if you want to go for looks instead of performance. but i always thought pball was about playing, not looking cool.

fast: even with good pneus and a swing trig, a cocker will never break 14 bps (i can put my rainy at 18 right now)

not as cheap:ROFL, your a moron. thats like saying "new angel LED is better than used LCD cuz it costs more" idiot

ect:etc.

i agree, kevmaster described you perfectly.

“If it is true that we need a degree of certainty to get by, it is also true that too much of the stuff can be lethal”
-Terry Eagleton
Old 01-06-2003, 10:40 AM #11
TimmyDude73
puffin penguins rule

i have a timmy. my 2k2 is coming in sone. but have a classic now. and i am not a wanna-be tourny player. we play a tourny about 1 every 2 months and have won a few.

Old 01-06-2003, 03:28 PM #12
ScottQ
lefty scissors

Annual Supporting Member
ScottQ is a Moderator
ScottQ is a Supporting Member
ScottQ is a founding member
ScottQ works for a Paintball manufacturer
ScottQ plays in the PSP
ScottQ supports Team VICIOUS
wOOOOOO yeah! tourney players ROCK! winning a local tournament is nothing. now go join a series and try winning in that. different story.

kevmaster- Dye, The clothes for Tourney wannabes.

"There are two types of people in this world. Those who love Neil Diamond and those who don't."
Old 01-06-2003, 04:03 PM #13
drone71

Wink the lad has a point...

I made the mistake of buying an RM. I bought it from paintball gear. The marker was brand new in the box....

I never even used the marker. AS it was incomplete from the factory. I called BE about it. They told me to take it to one of several BE service centers in the Los Angeles area. Non would touch it. The told me to send it back to BE. All of BEs own service centers told me the marker was not something they wanted to touch becuase they did not wont to get involved with this product.
These were all mayor companies... Warped sports, I&I sports.. to mention a few. Paintballgear would not accept the product back. They instead continued to refer me to BE.

After calling several weeks and still not having a working marker
BE finally agreed to send the parts to Warped sprts to have the marker repaired there... They sent the wrong parts! The peroblems continued for months. Six to be exact! Finally, I had my credit card company do a charge back. Once I got my money back, paintball gear decided to get involved. They wanted me to ship the marker to them. I guess they called BE about it. BE finally had UPS come pick up thier POS.
I can honestly say that I have never heard of any other company that places such little care for the product they sell. Or a company with such Poor customer service. I still remember when the women from BE called me, she accused me of trying to rip BE off! I did not want to pay fro the return shipping. It was via their poor QA that this marker was sold. It was thier complete lack of customer care that the issue was not resolved. Yet here is this freaking B*tch callig me a thief!

All I can say young buck... is get yourself anything other than a BE product. The electronic spyders work better, shoot faster, and actually will work for a longer time. Not only that, but Kingman will stand behind thier product.
Old 01-06-2003, 06:57 PM #14
automagsrule
LOIC

spyders shoot faster? with their 13 bps cap? please explain how an unlimited board is not as fast a 13 bps board? i am interested...

work better how? elaborate or you are going to be considered as nothing more than a newb with a e-99 who thinks it's the best cuz it yours.

last longer? whew, never thought i would ever hear that.

my spyder flash lcd (high end spyder): 540 balls, cup seal broke.
982 balls, fittings leaked
2 cases, reg broke, leaked out of guage
5 cases, SS kinked up somehow and started leaking...
included in this is probably 150 random chops.

my rainmaker: 7 cases, 1 chop

29 cases, had to fix the grip (minor wiring problem)

Kingman service?: like when i waited 4 months for a new set of 5 striker o-rings? thats great service.

BE has stopped fixing r/m's cuz they are no longer produced and BE doesn't train their airsmiths on them. if you need new parts look at rainmaker owners group.

“If it is true that we need a degree of certainty to get by, it is also true that too much of the stuff can be lethal”
-Terry Eagleton
Old 01-06-2003, 08:18 PM #15
hp_lovecraft
Resident old timer

Don't feed the trolls...

Normally I don't reply to trolls, but these are just funny.

I nearly had milk coming out of my nose when he called the Cocker "reliable". I'll agree that a properly time and regulated cocker can shoot fantastic for a mechnical trigger. But unfortunetly, many cocker owners have no idea how to properly time and tune... and you can see them in line for the airsmith to "fix" there gun nearly every Sunday. Airsmiths call them "money pits".

The RM is more reliable then any gun of its type since its self timing.

I'll have to agree that BE has no customer service, which is exactly like 95% of most companies. Yes, Tippman is great, and AGD and WGP is pretty good... but Kingman? Most fields avoid the Spyder like the plague, and using Tippmans. The Tipps are more expensive, but require much, much less maitenance in the long run.

There is a funny line in the RM manual though. It says something like..."if you need servicing, and your RM is out of warranty, send the gun to BE with a check for $200..." HA!

Nick
Old 01-06-2003, 08:29 PM #16
drone71

Talking LMAO

seems yo me you answered your own questions..

"my spyder flash lcd (high end spyder): 540 balls, cup seal broke.
982 balls, fittings leaked
2 cases, reg broke, leaked out of guage
5 cases, SS kinked up somehow and started leaking...
included in this is probably 150 random chops"

The BE RM I bought never even worked! SO even by your own words the Spyder performed better. However lets adress the minor problems you mentioned.

Cup seal broke, your marker came with an extra one, fix it. 6 mins worth of work.

Leaking fittings? Tighten them!

AS for the kingman reg., come on, you and I both know they dont work! Leaking out guage? throw out guage and insert plug!

SS hose messed up? Thats something you did. SS hose wont kink on its own. All the stuff you mentioned are things that can go wrong with anymarker, including the poor made BE RM!

"i waited 4 months for a new set of 5 striker o-rings? thats great service."

BE never even delt with me in an honest manner. They simply thought I would go away and let them keep my money. AS I clearly stated in my post It was only after my credit card company got my money back for me that BE even took the slightest of intrest in thier own product! 4 months is a long time to wait. Even then it was still a better deal than what I got in dealing with BE. I waited 6 months and nearly had to sue.

In short young buck even BE wont make the RM any more. Simple reason being the marker was a gaint POS! Simply put most of the time the marker did not work. Some folks got a few of them RMs that do work. NOt many! SO beware.... If anything goes wrong with a spyder any monkey at any shop will have parts for it. The parts will be cheaper than RM parts. The parts will be readily available. RMs are abit like a novelty Item. Be attapmted to copy the autococker and ad electronics. The result, was an abomination called the RM.

HEck you can even try a tippman with an RT trigger should work better than the RM crap any day.
Old 01-07-2003, 03:39 AM #17
blackrain

blackrain is a founding member
blackrain supports Bob Gurnsey
Talking Well ive been a cocker owner since 99

When I got one for fathers day.Came as such from national paintball:
1)cracked trigger frame
2)stripped reg threads
3)leaked everywere when I finally aired it up.
Would they replace it hell no,Neither would WGP.That amazed me.Said they would sell me the parts I needed.Finally found a store in San Antonio that traded me a new one so I could play.I was actually going to buy the parts it needed for repairs just so I could play.But hey I got hooked up.Were was the top quality service I was suppose to get from factory and major dealer?Anyway I havent seen a rainmaker I cant fix,or tell whats wrong with it.Havent had to take my cocker in for repairs cause I do them all myself(cant figure out what is so hard about fixing them).It's an idots gun,like the AK-47 mass produced.I'm not knocking them,I love my cocker.My Rainmaker I built from scratch with out knowing anything about them and it was broke when I bought it.All anyone has to have to fix either of these guns is a venir caliper and a little commonsense.They arent complex at all.This kid I know got a brand new Gen-X for Xmas.Was missing the reg elbow and wouldnt even shoot above 124 and was blending paint.After a few mins I had it working for him perfect.What kinda quality service is that getting a gun thats not ready to fire?Now he's happy it shoots and I did it for free cause someone would have charged him about $30.00 cause the factory didn't send it out right.As for BE service not the greatest,but they've sent me things I needed in about a week.As for parts,I just call drop zone or the BEOG super store and I get them.Whats the prob with parts?If I dont want to spend the money I just make the part or contract it out no biggie to me.Ive only had to replace a hammer on my RM,$8.00.Compared to new sledge hammer and 3 way on my cocker and new bolt cause the stock one snapped in 2 pieces but oh well.Thats all just normal wear and tear I guess.I got an angel that was broken when I bought it,fixed it and didn't know anything about the guns.Whats the big deal with this gun?$128.00 for a wire harness!I got mines at digi-key.com for$6.00 with wire clip .And better thicker wires than what the compay provides.What really made me laugh was that some WDP "air tech" told me I could only get the harness and clip in England cause they were specialy made for the gun.Yea like I'm an idiot and gonna believe that.Thats the trouble with people who play this GAME,to stupid to fix their own markers or believe half the crap others tell them without researching it.I heard the Rainmaker was a crappy gun,so I bought a broken one that was really abused.After I fixed it and had it running,I had no problem with it since.I guess Ive had it almost three yrs and only chopped maybe 4 balls in it.Thats pretty good considering I shoot anything that goes thru the barrel.Cocker was like a paint blender till I tweeked it a little so no bigge,just stating the fact here.Angel used to chop till I tweaked it a little and had a free flow mod put on it.One of the few times I send in my markers and he wasnt even WDP AIR TECH qualified.Oh well just my 2 cents.
Later,
Blackrain

Last edited by blackrain : 01-07-2003 at 12:11 PM.
Old 01-07-2003, 11:39 AM #18
Stray Bullet

Stray Bullet is a Supporting Member
Brand Loyalty?

Most people couldn't afford to buy markers that were perfect out of the box. BE makes markers that fit in the one season interest and end up in a closet for the rest of their existence. I've wanted a Rainmaker for years but just kept putting it off for cheaper markers. I paid for that decision and have developed a dislike for for anything that resembles the Spyder design. I know that many people really like their Spyders but you talk about finicky high maintence markers, ack. I sold all but three of my markers. My A-5 w/rt, Raptor that's so ultra customised it's not really a Raptor anymore and the new $99 Rainmaker. My "new" RM was either a refurbished or return because of the condition of the carrier chamber but my attitude is like Blackrains, just fix it. Thanks to Mad Martys site and my lathe the Rainmaker is getting better all the time. The hose kit and a 1/2" ram is the only thing I'm waiting on from Hardwarz Paintball.

Completed Upgrades,
. Open face derlin bolt
. Stainless Striker guide. The guide is aligned to the point that the carrier/ striker assembly will move under it's own weight when you move the body vertically.
. Turned down Valve Stem increased flow.

Planned Upgrades,
. Carrier turned down to reduce the weight and shimmed with derlin. This will also take care of the problem with the link arm. Hopefully a lighter carrier will help reduce gas usage and increase the cyclic rate.
. Turbo style AKA Valve for lower shooting pressures. Will make on my lathe.
. Bore out valve chamber block for higher volume.
. Tap valve chamber back for adajustable valve spring.
. Hose kit for increased reliability
. 1/2" Clippard Ram for increased gas efficiency
. Derlin venturi bolt. Not really needed for ball breaks but hopefully reduce the "bark."
. Clippard Flow Restricters installed on ram for increased gas efficiency.
Old 01-07-2003, 05:18 PM #19
hp_lovecraft
Resident old timer

king of the trolls...

Now they are dumping on the RM because they no longer make parts?

Lets see-
Barrel, Ram, Mac, Grip-frame, grips, LP hose, HP hose, barrery are all generic components used by other products, and all very common.

HP Reg, LP Reg, Neck, shroud, circuit-board/wires have generic aftermarket versions that work.

Bolt, hammer, link,bolt cover are proprietary, but aftermarket replacements/modifications exist.

That leaves the body. Yes, they may not be replacable. Why would you ever replace the body?

All guns have their 'quirks', and certaintly the RM has a few of them. In fact, personally, I hate the spyder because I worked at a field that used a few as rentals.... but they work. They are excellent starter guns.
The only decent blowback I have ever seen was the MegaZ. At one time, the 3rd most popular tourny gun, but they are no longer made, and at $700 it was a bit out of range for many.

NIck
Old 01-07-2003, 05:54 PM #20
drone71

Wink well..

I'm not dumping on the Rm because they are no longer made. I was pointing out the fact that spyder parts are everywhere. I dont know where people in this forum are from, I am from the L.A. area, in So. Ca. Most of the fields here use spyders for rental duty. They work very well and will last a life time. Parts are plentyful and inexpensive. I can not recall ever going into a shop anywhere in the U.S. and not having seen Spyder parts. I simply cant say that about the RM.

AS for the other statements I've made about the Rm/BE; I am sorry but that was my experiance with that marker and BE.
No marker made is perfect out the box. However the RM is more likely than other non BE products to have problems due to poor QA, and a company that just does note care about the product, the sport, and ultimately itself. Thats why you dont really see too many return customers for BE markers.

The revos and eggos II sell well, but lets be honest about those as well. The Ego II works well. However the 12V revos.... those things are being made extremely poor at this time. The servos a frying out- sudden servo death sydrom- is what we call it out here. The shells.......... they are breaking way too easily. At least now with the Rico, Halo B, and the new Empire loaders out now adays, we the consumer have a choice...
Old 01-07-2003, 08:45 PM #21
paintballa07

shoot are ya on crack? an autococker could smoke a rainmaker.rainmakers are loud,ugly and just can't compare to an autococker.

It's my opinion go with what you want but I would go with an autococker any time
Closed Thread