PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 08-10-2006, 12:32 PM #43
paintballer1134
EC Havoc

I would love more then the next guy to see paintball in the xgames and now that they have surfing it wouldnt be the first team sport to be in. The only reason I dont think it will make it in there is because its really not to exciting to watch and isnt really much of a spectator sport. I mean to the masses watching a run through no nowhere near as amazing as someone doing a double back flip on a 200 pound motorcycle.
Old 08-10-2006, 03:37 PM #44
sangerpb
Retired

sangerpb is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
redzballer you make no sense at all, ou flipped flopped on what you stated so many times, just read your stupid posts. To solve the whole team thing how about one on ones with the best players included? That would be a start.
Old 08-10-2006, 09:28 PM #45
336maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by StockImpulse101
The X-Games is for single participints(Ie: Skateboarding, BMX, etc.). It is not a team sport competition.
paintball is 4 teemz but mabe a 1 on 1 tourney or sumthin i think the olympics wood b good cuz the us wood own cuz of all our teems best put together
Old 08-10-2006, 09:58 PM #46
StockImpulse101
YTMND PWNS

People need to understand, it would be cool, but its not possible.

Anonymous does not forgive. We blow up your yellow vans.

Originally posted by spyderer: I need to know whether or not spyders perform like a sniper when upgraded to one.
Sniper = scope, an extra long barrel - like 20", and accurate for that matter"
Originally posted by TeamDarkRage:"hey does any1 know how to mod a talon ghost barrel to make it longer"
Old 08-11-2006, 01:38 AM #47
slaanesh

Quote:
The X-Games is for single participints(Ie: Skateboarding, BMX, etc.). It is not a team sport competition.
Old 08-11-2006, 01:56 AM #48
meyer7474
Savages

Quote:
People need to understand, it would be cool, but its not possible.

As Chessy as this sounds,

Was it not just two years ago and a backflip on a dirt bike was not possible? Well now if you are in the X-games(in any freestlye event) and you dont throw down a back flip you wont even qualify. It is possible to have it in the X-Games. It would also be more of just showing clips of the championship match, they would'nt show the whole tourny. If they could make enough money off of paintball in the games to make a substantial profit they will put it in there. Regardless if it is a team sport or not. And for the record, Skatebording and BMXing can also be a team sport(just not the way it is set up in the x-games.

And i couldnt leave this out. First off paintball is and Extreame sport. Just take your dictionary and shove it, I don't care what the deffinition says. Ask any guy on here and he will tell you,pb is considered around the world as an extreme sport. But if you would like to talk about the true deffinition. I believe part of it said "dangerous". Although we wouldn't call it dangerous, wouldn't you consider shooting projectiles at other people atover 280mph a Little on the extreme side. And Golf is a sport too. HOw about you pull that dictionary back out of your *** and look up what a sport is. It will probly read somthing like " an engagement between two or more people on two or more different sides competeing for a single goal" (made that up but let me know).

So how about next time you are gonna make your self look like an idot, you at least to a little bit of research first. k pumkin?
Old 08-11-2006, 02:06 AM #49
g35x
Pump Player

Quote:
Yesterday.
dont play with 4 year olds
Old 08-11-2006, 02:09 AM #50
Mr.Shake56
i like infractions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iplaypaintball100
that makes no sence zakk paintballl should be in the x-game its the most played exterma sport played on earth
Please can someone here find the number for Hooked on Phonics.

Ill pay for it all as long as it keeps him from typing like this.
Old 08-11-2006, 05:05 PM #51
StockImpulse101
YTMND PWNS

Quote:
Originally Posted by meyer7474
As Chessy as this sounds,

Was it not just two years ago and a backflip on a dirt bike was not possible? Well now if you are in the X-games(in any freestlye event) and you dont throw down a back flip you wont even qualify. It is possible to have it in the X-Games. It would also be more of just showing clips of the championship match, they would'nt show the whole tourny. If they could make enough money off of paintball in the games to make a substantial profit they will put it in there. Regardless if it is a team sport or not. And for the record, Skatebording and BMXing can also be a team sport(just not the way it is set up in the x-games.

And i couldnt leave this out. First off paintball is and Extreame sport. Just take your dictionary and shove it, I don't care what the deffinition says. Ask any guy on here and he will tell you,pb is considered around the world as an extreme sport. But if you would like to talk about the true deffinition. I believe part of it said "dangerous". Although we wouldn't call it dangerous, wouldn't you consider shooting projectiles at other people atover 280mph a Little on the extreme side. And Golf is a sport too. HOw about you pull that dictionary back out of your *** and look up what a sport is. It will probly read somthing like " an engagement between two or more people on two or more different sides competeing for a single goal" (made that up but let me know).

So how about next time you are gonna make your self look like an idot, you at least to a little bit of research first. k pumkin?
Damn, you got me, i look like a real "idot". If your going to criticize someones intelligence, at least learn to spell. And of course, i mean, getting hit with a gel capsule at 200 MPH(If you were referring to miles per hour its 200, feet per second is 280.) is just so much more extreme then boing a backflip on a motorcycle 50 feet in the air, right? Im sure you think im a euphemist(witch i am not)but as you asked, i "pulled the definition of sport out of my ***":

"Sport (spôrt, spōrt)
n.

Physical activity that is governed by a set of rules or customs and often engaged in competitively.
A particular form of this activity.
An activity involving physical exertion and skill that is governed by a set of rules or customs and often undertaken competitively.
An active pastime; recreation."

Ok seems right...So whats the dispute? Oh thats right, absolutely nothing.

Originally posted by spyderer: I need to know whether or not spyders perform like a sniper when upgraded to one.
Originally posted by TeamDarkRage:"hey does any1 know how to mod a talon ghost barrel to make it longer"
Old 08-11-2006, 05:07 PM #52
StockImpulse101
YTMND PWNS

Quote:
Originally Posted by g35x
dont play with 4 year olds
...?

Old 08-12-2006, 12:02 AM #53
OMGitsSpags

Stock, if you don't get adrenaline rushes from paintballing, then I don't think the sports for you.

That being said, I do agree with him though. It's sounds good in theory, it's just not going to happen. Just like it's not going to become a diverse high school sport. Again, i'd love to see them both happen, they just won't. Too many degenerates believe that it's dangerous (as far as school goes), and It may be considered an "extreme sport" but I just don't think it qualifies as an X Games sport. I'm with StockImpulse on this one.
Old 08-14-2006, 01:43 AM #54
burtonboarder

I think paintball would be great in the x games except it most likely won't happen. the thing is everyone is saying its a team sport and theres no team sports in the x games where actually there has been. ever heard of doubles skateboarding on the vert. two skateboarders (a team) would go and do doubles, just trying to get the point across that if its an extreme sport that teams would be able to get into x games.

Last edited by burtonboarder : 08-14-2006 at 01:46 AM.
Old 08-14-2006, 08:43 AM #55
Khanhfucious
w0rd

Khanhfucious owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Khanhfucious supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redzballer31
whens the last time you saw someone walk away from a friendly b-ball game with welts all over thier back?
Theres Basketball in the X-Games now?
Old 08-14-2006, 08:46 AM #56
Khanhfucious
w0rd

Khanhfucious supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
No. The X-Games is not for teams, and paintball does not have a high injury rate.
You cant really say that. Theyre including Rallying now, which, while requires a driver and codriver, and a team to upkeep the car. Also, there isnt a high injury rate in Rallying.

That is unless ur T. Past. rolling Brand new $100k STis Left and Right.
Old 08-23-2006, 12:21 PM #57
pallbaint
LTZ Support!

they should do 1v1.... like ollie vs. fraige =]

Less Than Zero Support!
1up Support!

BANNED x2!

Gamertag for 360: JoeiTaLianO
Old 08-23-2006, 01:50 PM #58
ADyingBreed
Back in the dirt you worm

**** this is a little off topic but it would be so cool if schools could make paintball teams and compete against other schools. you'd prolly have to have your own gear and pay for at least half of the cost to get on but it would be so worth it.

back to the topic. yeah paintball isnt really a, shall we say, extreme "spectator sport" thats probably why its called the xgames because it is very extreme looking. paintball is rather boring to watch unless you got great camera angles and editing skills. but yes it would be hilarious to be at the olympics and hear an announcer go "silence please. anton fischer is about to attempt a 30 foot pole vault" and then a buzzer sounds and guns start rolling.
Old 08-25-2006, 02:21 PM #59
1337baller247 (Banned)

i think balls flying around at 300fps, guns shotting 20 bps, players diving in to bunkers is xtreme.
Old 08-25-2006, 06:18 PM #60
Cynotor
East Bay Marking

wait wait I got it...

Maskless motocross woodsball....

Ya Extereme Baby!

ok now being serious I think it should be in xgames after watching some of the Vid's you guys submit.. think helmet cams and stuff.. that would be rocking
Old 09-21-2006, 08:19 AM #61
livewire dustin
We Are

Quote:
Paintball is a game of its own. Its not a true sport, its not an extreme sport...Its just...It.

You sound like my basketball coach. Paintball is a "real" sport. It takes athletes. Think about it.

And if the X-Games didnt allow team sports, they might as well get rid of Surfing then...

Last edited by livewire dustin : 09-21-2006 at 08:21 AM.
Old 09-23-2006, 11:11 PM #62
pugdog10
EAST COAST MILITIA

pugdog10 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
pugdog10 plays in the PSP
problem is most people associate paintball with hobbies -_- i dunno, its not a recognized sport... maybe by the ppl that play it but to the rest of the people that dont.. its just a hobbie like airsoft.
Old 09-24-2006, 01:37 PM #63
Juno Trigger

No
most people think that just because we have "X-ball" we should be in x-games.

but most of the noobs that think that don't even know what the hell xball is.

anyway xgames are way different and should NOT include paintball.