PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 08-04-2006, 12:30 AM #1
Notinthenutts!
shoot me there is no.

my shocker is ruined, right out of the box.

got it today, gassed it up, went out dialed it in shot about 300 rounds through it..

got it home, went to take the bolt out as per the directions..

it came 2 turns smooth as butter.. the got stuck.. tried to go back in.. still stuck..

tried back and forth with moderate pressure a few times.. still VERY hard to turn..

finally i put some aluminium formulated thread penetrating oil on it and took it out..

the threads are still there, but are definatly damaged..

what is the deal here? i gotta send this piece of trash back or what?
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-04-2006, 12:32 AM #2
~Rodz~
JWB

If it's really like that out of the box, I would send it back.
Old 08-04-2006, 12:33 AM #3
B**** mower
Toxic

send it back sp is junk
Old 08-04-2006, 12:34 AM #4
~Spoon~
whatever works

~Spoon~ is a Supporting Member
~Spoon~ owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
You sure you didnt have your gun pressurized?
Old 08-04-2006, 12:36 AM #5
~Rodz~
JWB

Rofl, It would be funny to see a bolt guide go flying.
Old 08-04-2006, 12:51 AM #6
Notinthenutts!
shoot me there is no.

no pressure, no nothing.. it was super easy to turn the first 2 turns then it just gaulded all up..

I went and got a brass bristel brush and cleaned everything very well and got rid of all the shavings, and it still works... its definatly minus a few threads but it still screws in and out and will do the job..

on another note, the penertrating fluid did its job and now my once beautiful brand new clear grips and tinged brown..

this is just piss poor design, anyone who has worked with pipes, or worked at a chemicle plant knows.. aluminium.. ESPECIALLY if ever subjected to pressure is horrible about gaulding threads.. its just the nature of the material.. its not like steel.. if it gets in a bind it doesent just bend.. it like.. frays and splinters on edges.. with steel if you have a threading problem you can usually work it back and forth and escape with no damage, but with aluminium usually you go straight to total loss.

sad thing is, this other guy at my field had the same siuation, but he didnt stop and lube and work at it to do minimal damage.. he just kept cranking and ruined it totally.. its away at SP now for.. 3 weeks so far? with no know ETA to get back..

we all blamed him for it, figuring he tightened it too tight or something.. he swore up and down that he didnt do anything wrong.. that it just "stuck"

looks like he wasnt BSing afterall..

Last edited by Notinthenutts! : 08-04-2006 at 12:54 AM.
Old 08-04-2006, 12:55 AM #7
~Rodz~
JWB

I don't know why so many people have problems with threads. I've never had a single thing strip.
Old 08-04-2006, 01:07 AM #8
Notinthenutts!
shoot me there is no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Rodz~
I don't know why so many people have problems with threads. I've never had a single thing strip.
there are 3 guys that have 05+ shockers where I play, 2 have never had a single issue at all, and the 3rd guy is the one mentioned above..

now counting me that makes 50/50 for shocker bolt thread devestation

having worked with aluminium i know how tempermental it can be, at the plant (DuPont) when working with aluminum caps on vessels or, or usually on the water lines.. when you took of an aluminium threaded cap you made a notch in it, after it had been unscrewed and screwed in 3 times, you tossed it and got another cap, and inspected the recieved threads on the pipe you were capping.

im due to order the HE bolt anyway, so i guess i get new threads on my bolt at least.
Old 08-04-2006, 01:09 AM #9
Newclearwaste
anti-HK army

then go buy an ego
Old 08-04-2006, 01:19 AM #10
Notinthenutts!
shoot me there is no.

I know im sort of venting here and not really asking for help.. but Im not asking for stupid, childish or ignorant responses either..

anywho..

ive messed with a little while longer and have it working pretty well now, i took a sharp angle file and worked the threads on the bolt and deburred the damaged ones and now it screws and unscrews pretty smooth..

but.. worst case scenario.. lets say at some point it messes up again and the threads on the body are damaged beyond usability.. what are my options? just to buy a new body? if i send it off under warrenty is it likley that they will honor it? if they do how much down time am i looking at..
Old 08-04-2006, 01:28 AM #11
~Rodz~
JWB

Bodies are $120 off punishers and you can get cheap ones of bst (around 80 bucks). I don't know about SP, your best bet is to call them and ask.
Old 08-04-2006, 01:31 AM #12
Hobopaintballa

has been a member for 10 years
Get an RMA Number off www.smartparts.com and send it in. They'll retap the body for free, all you have to do is pay for return shipping. If you have a spare Bolt guide laying around or are wanting to buy an aftermarket one, make sure you specify that you have one, or they will throw one in and charge you 33$. I just sent mine in and it was returned within a week...
Old 08-04-2006, 01:51 AM #13
Newclearwaste
anti-HK army

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notinthenutts!
im due to order the HE bolt anyway, so i guess i get new threads on my bolt at least.
wah?
Old 08-04-2006, 03:37 AM #14
poppasmurf15
Throwin ropes since '99

poppasmurf15 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
poppasmurf15 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
poppasmurf15 plays in the APPA D5 division
Mine was a little stiff coming out the first time also, just lube those threads before you screw it back in every time to ease that grinding sound. I know my teeth were cringing the first time I took the bolt out. I think it was a temperature/ aluminum flex issue. Not horrible though, just a little tough out of the box.

"we must all hang together or assuredly we shall all be hanged seperately." -ben franklin
Old 08-04-2006, 03:40 AM #15
poppasmurf15
Throwin ropes since '99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobopaintballa
Get an RMA Number off www.smartparts.com and send it in. They'll retap the body for free, all you have to do is pay for return shipping. If you have a spare Bolt guide laying around or are wanting to buy an aftermarket one, make sure you specify that you have one, or they will throw one in and charge you 33$. I just sent mine in and it was returned within a week...
Nah, if you just bought it brand new, and it was like that out of the box most times they won't even charge you return shipping or anything else for that matter. I have sent numerous things back under warranty and never have they charged me a dime if it was the guns fault. Don't worry smart parts is good about covering their *** and keeping their customers happy when it comes to problems like this.

"we must all hang together or assuredly we shall all be hanged seperately." -ben franklin
Old 08-04-2006, 03:43 AM #16
poppasmurf15
Throwin ropes since '99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notinthenutts!
Sorry, HE bolts don't come with the bolt guide, just the can and the bolt.

Old 08-04-2006, 06:31 AM #17
too dope 1904 (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppasmurf15
Sorry, HE bolts don't come with the bolt guide, just the can and the bolt.

the turbo charger kits come with everything .. correct me if im wrong or not ..
Old 08-04-2006, 06:40 AM #18
03Shockerkid

u didnt completely degass ur gun. there was still pressure in ur gun and u stripped the threads
06 Custom Annoed White/Blue Yankees Shocker with VIRTUE, SP HE bolt, ndz slik trigger, ndz no rise feedneck, ndz talon snatch, ndz 15* asa, empire rail and cp mini on/off, kila detents, ndz detents, ss freak kit
Old 08-04-2006, 07:08 AM #19
outkast kid

outkast kid is a Paintball photographer
dont even think about leaving it that way, if it were me, and that happened on the first tear down, it would be halfway to sp before i even called them about it, and it sounds like you know what your doing, but just suppose the remaining threads arent enough and your shocker turns into a bolt guide launcher....wouldnt be pretty
Old 08-04-2006, 10:01 AM #20
dshiznit
KRUMP DIZZLE!

if that happened out of the box they should replace what ever parts were damaged by a manufacturing fluke.......

Old 08-04-2006, 10:52 AM #21
DasBaldDog
FSPPF

I think you're in desperate need of a Model 98.

Xbox Live - ConderateMajr