Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 08-14-2006, 12:16 PM #1
paintballer0075
Thats what she said

paintballer0075 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
desided to buy a rpm

well im wanting 1,av has them for only 149.99,but i hate it not having the front reg.so im wanting to take off the steel line and get some kind of 1/8th adaptor so i can use a gas through on front and keep stock reg on back.where can i get one of these adaptors? and what kind of upgrades should i get that will improve preformance? i dont care about look upgrades and faster boards i need preformance and durability upgrades
Old 08-14-2006, 12:41 PM #2
Darksector

The new rpm's on av are different (don't know if you heard or not), they only have 15 bps ramp and semi, and they do not have a quick strip pin (my friend got one and he isn't to happy). The old model like most ppl have are much better. Anyways if you come to like your new rpm a good upgrade would be a HPR instead of a gas through foregrip when you get the 1/8th va and then a NDZ asa. Ask Icedrelm or others that have tapped the va and they will tell you how to do it. A good and cheap HPR is this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/E-PAINTBALL-AIM-...QQcmdZViewItem

It is chrome however, there are other ebay stores that will sell you any color for around $57 if you need a different color. I have this on my rpm and I get about +/- 4 fps average which is really good consistancy. Also another good upgrade is a barrel or barrel kit. If money is a prob then I recommend the 14" smart parts linear (can get it at actionvillage). You will also need a good loader to keep up with the 15 bps ramp, and if money is a prob, the egg is a good choice.
ICD Promaster (silver) - Aim Paintball Shock Reg - CCM Drop Forward - FS Pro Trigger - 14" Smart Parts Linear - Warrior Clamp Feed Neck - NDZ Ultra Lite ASA - Viewloader Vlocity - 68/45 PMI Nitro Tank

^^ for $725 (including loader and tank) not a bad deal at all, and many more ups to put on it.

Last edited by Darksector : 08-14-2006 at 12:44 PM.
Old 08-14-2006, 01:01 PM #3
jrhummel

You should look into the rex type-r. It is VERY well constructed. You can get one from ebay for $100, upgrade to a inline reg and on/off asa for $75. Better board, better bolt, better stock barrel, already comes with the VA, gauge drilled into frame. ON the downside it does not have a clamping feedneck, and the stock reg is worse but you should be replacing that anyway. Just my opinion. My friend bought the type-r and i got a R3, i so wish i would have gotten the type-r, its a very well made gun.
Old 08-14-2006, 01:17 PM #4
Darksector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhummel
You should look into the rex type-r. It is VERY well constructed. You can get one from ebay for $100, upgrade to a inline reg and on/off asa for $75. Better board, better bolt, better stock barrel, already comes with the VA, gauge drilled into frame. ON the downside it does not have a clamping feedneck, and the stock reg is worse but you should be replacing that anyway. Just my opinion. My friend bought the type-r and i got a R3, i so wish i would have gotten the type-r, its a very well made gun.
The type r's are cheap and effective. If you get the hpr I mentioned above, it would be a good marker, also look on ebay for a feed neck, you can get one for the type r or the rpm for 7 bucks, it is where I got mine.
ICD Promaster (silver) - Aim Paintball Shock Reg - CCM Drop Forward - FS Pro Trigger - 14" Smart Parts Linear - Warrior Clamp Feed Neck - NDZ Ultra Lite ASA - Viewloader Vlocity - 68/45 PMI Nitro Tank

^^ for $725 (including loader and tank) not a bad deal at all, and many more ups to put on it.

Last edited by Darksector : 08-14-2006 at 01:20 PM.
Old 08-14-2006, 01:51 PM #5
MondoMor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darksector
...also look on ebay for a feed neck, you can get one for the type r or the rpm for 7 bucks, it is where I got mine.
This is the guy I bought mine from, and it looks like he's got two more.

Should you decide to go with a Type-R, Ragin Paintball just dropped their price to $129, and the "Best Offer" option is still there.

Looks like supplies are drying up, though - he's out of the Black.

(Old Feedback)
Old 08-14-2006, 02:08 PM #6
paintballer0075
Thats what she said

paintballer0075 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
oh ok,so if i get it all i have to do is screw in the air tank,add the hopper and paint and go?
Old 08-14-2006, 02:18 PM #7
XxAltecxX
BEO Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballer0075
oh ok,so if i get it all i have to do is screw in the air tank,add the hopper and paint and go?
Pretty much. And the stock Barrels aren't bad so that wouldn't really NEED to be replaced.

Not a bad idea Mondo, can't say i would do it, but i now hate rex is the reason. HUGE let down that was.
Old 08-14-2006, 03:40 PM #8
MondoMor

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballer0075
If your air tank has a pin valve (i.e. you're not running a remote), yep. If you use the stock HPR on a Type-R, be prepared to have to reset it to 275psi each and every time you screw on a tank. Such is the fun with "bottomline regs".

I kinda wish I'd have bought a second Type-R for spare parts, but the parts that are likely to wear out or break should be available from other guns (especially the Wrath).

I do hope Rex keeps existing in some form or another, but things have been so quiet since the Dangerous Power Fusion fiasco, I'm a bit concerned.

Last edited by MondoMor : 08-14-2006 at 03:42 PM.
Old 08-14-2006, 08:05 PM #9
streakin004
:dodgy:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darksector
they only have 15 bps ramp and semi
I dont know if you mean that thats a disadvantage, but there isnt really a point in shooting 11 or 13 bps ramp, IMO.
Old 08-14-2006, 08:29 PM #10
ReiGn52

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
out of curiosity, what makes the type r better?
Old 08-15-2006, 12:09 AM #11
jrhummel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReiGn52
out of curiosity, what makes the type r better?
Better board, better bolt, better stock barrel, already comes with the VA, gauge drilled into frame.

That was in my post, plus its cheaper and takes wrath parts.
Old 08-15-2006, 12:18 AM #12
jrhummel

Even if you dont agree with me on the type-r. Hell, you can get an ICD promaster now for $230. That already comes with the inline reg and VA, nice trigger, .45 grips, 12" barrel, in frame HPR gauge, plenty of upgrades available, and the company is still in business providing good customer service. If i woulda known promasters were coming down in price so much i wouldnt have bought my R3. There's just so much more you can get for the money nowadays.
Old 08-15-2006, 06:31 PM #13
streakin004

Quote:
Hell, you can get an ICD promaster now for $230.
I wish i had the money right now for one, I wish the rpm was 4-way...
Old 08-16-2006, 01:54 AM #14
jrhummel

its like a marker revolution right now. Tons of cheap high end markers. Buddy i go paintballing with just got a SP nerve $325 brand new on "best offer" off ebay, promasters under $250, ions under $200, shockers under $500, the new fusion marker under $400, impulses selling around $100 on ebay, the rex line of markers offering cheap as hell high performance, Alias intimidators $500. I think i'm gonna wait this out for a few months and see what else develops.
Old 08-17-2006, 07:17 PM #15
streakin004

^^Do you know what kind of noid an imp has?