Old 08-16-2006, 04:14 PM #1
dapaintball12

Type r t board???

Is there a t board compatible with the rex type r
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-16-2006, 05:05 PM #2
MondoMor

As far as I know, nothing that works as a total drop-in.

The Dragun TES t-board is very close, but requires either some delicate soldering or some dremel work to the left handgrip

Check the Type-R thread in my sig for details (there's a link inside to my thread about adding a T-board).

(Old Feedback)
Old 08-16-2006, 08:02 PM #3
body massage machine
House of Cosbys

has been a member for 10 years
I've heard that the T1 tboard will fit, but you'll have to dremel the grip on the inside just a little to make room for one of the black cylinder looking things on it. There was a thread posted on it about a week ago, you should dig it up.
Old 08-16-2006, 08:03 PM #4
body massage machine
House of Cosbys

Found it for you...
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1642195
Old 08-16-2006, 08:47 PM #5
dapaintball12

thanks for the help.
Old 08-16-2006, 08:50 PM #6
MondoMor

Quote:
Originally Posted by body massage machine
I've heard that the T1 tboard will fit
That's my thread. I wish I could change that thread's title from T1 to TES. You definitely want to use a TES board.
Old 08-16-2006, 09:32 PM #7
body massage machine
House of Cosbys

heard anything more about the wrath tboard?
Old 08-16-2006, 10:10 PM #8
MondoMor

I bet the Wrath board will have the same problem. You could email or PM Damon and ask if the Wrath T-board is based on the TES and T1 board. If it is, and C3 is still placed, even the Wrath board will have this problem.

I would be willing to modify a TES board - I've got enough surface-mount caps available. It'd void the warranty, though.
Old 08-17-2006, 01:54 PM #9
DarkeWolf

Ok, correct me if I am wrong here guys.....but the type-r is a f.a.s.o.r, right? The TES t-board isnt programmed to work with a searless marker. where the t-1 and the wrath boards are programmed to work with the EP 'noids instead of the sear 'noids.

A paintball community PBO! SundragonPPS.com www.scenariodreams.com
---Dragun T-1 Black to Green--- evo2 w Zboard--CP Reg--RMR Killstick--68/4500 DXS--12" J&J Edge Kit/12" Evil Pipe---
---Dragun Drallion Blue-- 68/3k crossfire -- evo2 w.Yboard--14" Evil Pipe--E2'd--EVO 44mag+QEVs--SCM3--AKA SideWinder--SLIK kit---
---Dragun TES Blue/Black---
---Dragun T-1 Black--Parts---
Old 08-17-2006, 02:15 PM #10
MondoMor

You're right, except the solenoid in the Type-R is more like a sear-tripper solenoid than the little micro solenoid valves found in a T1 and other "high-end" markers. Here's a pic of the Type-R solenoid valve disassembled.

Instead of taking advantage of a delicate balanced valve, the Type-R and Wrath solenoids use a "brute force" method: lots of electrical current creating a powerful magnetic field to move a plunger in a valve that isn't much different than a 'cocker 3-way. The brute force method is noisier, but far less expensive.

So as far as the board is concerned, the "solenoid" is the same as a sear-tripper - and requires the same large dump of current. Hence the big capacitor.

Edit: As usual, someone else is smarter than me and better with the pictures and explanations. Check out ydna's site.

The Type-R and Wrath have direct-acting solenoid valves, while T1s, Intimidators, and their ilk have pilot-actuated solenoid valves.

The FASOR aspect isn't as important, especially with aftermarket boards that can precisely control dwell.

Last edited by MondoMor : 08-17-2006 at 02:20 PM.
Old 08-17-2006, 04:08 PM #11
DarkeWolf

Ahhhhhh I see. Much thanks for the correction and for the info. I was under the impression that they used the same type of ep noid as the t-1's did.
DEFINITELY thanks for that solenoids link! They have the number of the Dragunfly/Drallion 5 way listed on there!!! That's gonna be a BIG help, when peeps ask, needing to replace that!

A paintball community PBO! SundragonPPS.com www.scenariodreams.com
---Dragun T-1 Black to Green--- evo2 w Zboard--CP Reg--RMR Killstick--68/4500 DXS--12" J&J Edge Kit/12" Evil Pipe---
---Dragun Drallion Blue-- 68/3k crossfire -- evo2 w.Yboard--14" Evil Pipe--E2'd--EVO 44mag+QEVs--SCM3--AKA SideWinder--SLIK kit---
---Dragun TES Blue/Black---
---Dragun T-1 Black--Parts---
Old 08-17-2006, 08:48 PM #12
body massage machine
House of Cosbys

wow... thanks for the great link. Never knew pilot solenoids were so complicated... i'm glad I got a type-r. Looks like the easiest noid out there to work with if I ever have a problem. But thats another benifit to simple design... less problems.