Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 01-06-2003, 05:39 PM #1
adrenalinwhipped
"Jackie Chan Style"

has been a member for 10 years
AKA lightening Bolt and AKA Tornado Valve

On a Spyder Shutter BTW...
would the AKA lightening Bolt and AKA Tornado Valve add accuracy to my gun? or just gas efficiency? or should i just get the Lightening Bolt? how it its accuracy over the stock bolt? and where could i find both of these items, pretty cheap? would the Lightening bolt give me more accuracy than the Delrinbolt? or just stay with the stock? i have an AA barrel if that makes a difference. and could i use a side cocking on my shutter? because i have the cuts in the body to seethe bolt? i dono help me lmk

thanks

lmk everything that you know pleaaaaaaaase!

Thanks a mil!

-jason

Last edited by adrenalinwhipped : 01-06-2003 at 05:42 PM.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-06-2003, 08:56 PM #2
byoung4now
UnHoly Revenge

byoung4now is a Supporting Member
byoung4now owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
lowering the operating pressure of the gun may lessen the kick and that may improve your accuracy. It may also improve your shot to shot consitancy and that would also improve accuracy.

the other factors of course would be a good paint to barrel match and a good regulated air supply.
Old 01-06-2003, 10:01 PM #3
adrenalinwhipped
"Jackie Chan Style"

so would the AKA Tornado valve be worth the money? and how about the bolt? is the bolt good? the best on a shutter?

what is the best Valve system and bolt that work together? price wise and performance wise??

do you know where i could find this lightening bolt and Tornado Valve for cheap? and is it hard to install alone?

this makes the gun quieter?

is the AKA lightening bolt better than the delrin 3 hole bolt? how many holes does the AKA have? what makes it so special?

thanks a mil for your help!

-jason

Last edited by adrenalinwhipped : 01-06-2003 at 10:05 PM.
Old 01-06-2003, 10:39 PM #4
byoung4now
UnHoly Revenge

I think if you get the aka valve get the bolt also.

I don't know about what is the best for a shutter.

never installed one and not sure where to get it cheap.

the gun will definitely be quieter. I have a AKA excalibur and the thing is very very quiet. The excalibur has a version of the tornado valve and lightning bolt in it. I get close to 2000 shots from a 68/4500 air fill. That is efficency.

http://www.akalmp.com/akalmp/spyder.htm

here is the info from the aka site
Old 01-06-2003, 11:24 PM #5
adrenalinwhipped
"Jackie Chan Style"

ok thank you tons!!!

one more thing...

is there a lightening bolt for a spyder rear cocking? do they even exist? if not what is another good bolt over stock spyder bolt?

will the bolt alone give me better accuracy? and lower pressure?

thanks
jason
Old 01-07-2003, 06:34 AM #6
byoung4now
UnHoly Revenge

The lightning bolt for the spyder is threaded in the back for rear cocking. they sell a rear cocking part for it.

http://www.akalmp.com/akalmp/akamain.htm

check it out here under LP parts spyder.

as far as the just installing the bolt goes. I would say it might but would definitely work better if installed with the tornado.

Call AKA at
AKALMP, INC Phone: (317)-631-7200
or email akapp@akalmp.com

and ask them. They would be able to tell you better than me how well it works.

Good luck.
Old 01-07-2003, 10:18 AM #7
milf350

Ok, you have a few questions, and 'll try to answer them all to the best of my ability.

Q:will the bolt alone give me better accuracy? and lower pressure?
1. The lightening Bolt won't magically make your gun more accurate, that's more ofa by-product from consistency and good paint/barrel match. It also won't lower your pressure, it will allow you to lower it, but it won't do it on it's own.

Q: is the AKA lightening bolt better than the delrin 3 hole bolt? how many holes does the AKA have? what makes it so special?
2. The lightening bolt only has one hole in front to make it more efficient. What makes it so special is that it's the most efficient bolt on the market.

Q: is there a lightening bolt for a spyder rear cocking? do they even exist?
3. The lightening Bolt will accept any Autococker Cocking Rod to make it rear cocking.

Q: if not what is another good bolt over stock spyder bolt?
4. The Stock bolt is a great bolt, as long as you remov the venturi in it. Other than the AKA bolt I wouldn't waste my money on any others they won't help enough to justify the cost.

Q: so would the AKA Tornado valve be worth the money? and how about the bolt? is the bolt good? the best on a shutter?
The AKA valve might not be worth the money for a Shutter. The compact bodied Spyders (such as the Shutter, TL+, Compact 2K) all use slim strikers which when combined with the AKA valv can give you problems. The AKA valve was designed to be used with the old fatty strikers, so there might not be enough mass to open the valve all the way with the slim striker. causing your marker to sputter. So there is a 50/50 chance when you buy this valve that it might not work right.
IMHO, you'd be better off checking out the Maddmann Rocket Valve. It's equal if not better in performance, it will cost you less, and you won't have to worry about it working in the Shutter.

Q: do you know where i could find this lightening bolt and Tornado Valve for cheap?
You won't find either cheap, AKA makes some of the most expensive upgrades on the market.

Q: is it hard to install alone?
The Spyder is not a hard marker to work on, if you look at your manual that came with it it has a diagram of how all the parts go into the marker. As long as you pay attention to what your doing when you take it apart you shouldn't have any problems putting it back together.

Q: this makes the gun quieter?
Just putting these upgrades in won't make your gun quieter, but it will allow you to lower the pressure in the regulator, which will make it quieter.

If you are looking to make your gun more accurate get a good regulator. It will make your shutter more consistent giving it better accuracy. You'll actually need a new reg to gain all the benefits of the new parts your considering buying. If you have anymore question just LMK.

2K2 Vert. Feed Cocker
WGP Hinge, Kapp Fat Ram, MicroRock LPR, Dye P.M.P. 3way, Superfly Bolt, FreeFlow S.S. Hammer, AKA Tornado Valve, SP Max-Flo Vert. Reg
Old 01-07-2003, 06:56 PM #8
adrenalinwhipped
"Jackie Chan Style"

a good reg? whats the difference in all of them? can i get like a gen-x reg on my shutter that my friend has on his cocker?? or sumthing similar? so do u know where i could find a rocket valve and rocket bolt?

thank you soo much for all of the help!

-jason
Old 01-07-2003, 07:59 PM #9
bLaCkIcE
Paintball Playin Jap :P

don't buy anything until, you know how these upgrade will affect your gun and what kinda upgrades there are... and how to disasemble and reassemble your gun...
Redz yay
Empire yay
Eclipse yay
bleh
Old 01-07-2003, 10:25 PM #10
milf350

You can get the valves off their site, but I don't remember the site address off the top of my head. As for the reg, there are much better ones out there for the price.

2K2 Vert. Feed Cocker
WGP Hinge, Kapp Fat Ram, MicroRock LPR, Dye P.M.P. 3way, Superfly Bolt, FreeFlow S.S. Hammer, AKA Tornado Valve, SP Max-Flo Vert. Reg
Old 01-09-2003, 06:19 PM #11
adrenalinwhipped
"Jackie Chan Style"

whaqt are the better valves? for the spyder?? how are they different?? how much and where can i find them??

thank you

jason