PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 07-31-2006, 09:56 PM #1
Slider3
GGFE

Angry Extremely Frustrated, Viking probs

My viking has been out of service for a while, and i just got the new solenoid that I was expecting to fix the problem today.

I replaced the noid, gased up, same problem i had before: air leaking from around the noid. I took out the hammer and found a broken o-ring, slightly frustrated by assuming that this had been the problem all along i reassembled thinking it would work this time... no change.

again i removed the noid, this time finding part of the o-ring sticking out of one of the holes leading to the noid. I pulled this out, pulled the hammer assembly out again and checked everything for anymore o-ring fragments. Reassembled, no change... I have taken apart just about the entire marker looking for other broken o-rings that may be causing this, I can find nothing. I have inspected the noid to the best of my abilities...

also, when i gas up with the gauge in (turning the gas on slowly), the pressure in the marker increase steadily and maxes out the gauge. obviously this is not a good thing, I brought the lpr down as low as it would go without actually removing the endcap, nothing.

I am very frustrated. If you could help me out i would apreciate it. If you need any more information just ask and i will try and fill in anything i left out.

Team Gang Green
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-31-2006, 09:59 PM #2
Wenuliveudie
100% Organic

Wenuliveudie plays in the PSP
Wenuliveudie donated to help Peyton Trent
Wenuliveudie helped look for balloons
Wenuliveudie plays in the APPA D5 division
As I always tell people, just send it to DC. For $30 or so, it will come back fixed and shooting like a new marker.

Old Feedback +16
Don't lose touch.
Old 07-31-2006, 10:35 PM #3
shrimfririceeeee
God is real

shrimfririceeeee is a Supporting Member
did you take apart the hammer cartridge?

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1093011
Old 07-31-2006, 11:36 PM #4
Rhino1XL
Put a SPRING in it!!!

Annual Supporting Member
Rhino1XL helped look for balloons
Rhino1XL plays in the APPA D4 division
Exclamation leak fix.......

This has happened to me. Easy fix...... its your LPR (SCM). You have a bad o-ring around the "body" of the LPR(SCM). This is why your gauge on the ram tube steadily increases and then "maxes" out. You need to rebuild the LPR(SCM) completely...... you've got to remove the entire LPR assembly from the gun.... not just the "soda can", but the entire thing. I have used a pair of pliers and a thin piece of rubber (can/jar opener) and have very slowly (and carefuly) unscrewed the LPR out of the gun. BE CAREFUL!!! Re-build the LPR with all new o-rings (0-14 I think)with plenty of AKA lube. Re-assemble the LPR and then you should be fine. You can also take out the "core" of the LPR assembly with a very small set of needle nose pliers..... just insert into the holes of the core and slowly unscrew it out.... although the core of the LPR has never been the source of any problems with either of my 04 vikes. Make sure there are NO pieces of remaining or cut o-rings in either of the bottom tubes of your vike.

Since you've replaced the o-rings around the ram, and replaced the noid, then go ahead and gas up the marker with the LPR set very low...... this should hold. Then turn it up to about 70 to 80 psi..... I do this while shooting the marker to make sure I don't over pressurize the noid..... Plus I like watching the needle jump back and forth.

I have ALWAYS teched my own guns with great success..... these things are pretty simple to figure out. If I can be of anymore help, feel free to PM or reply back to this post.

Rhino
Old 07-31-2006, 11:55 PM #5
shrimfririceeeee
God is real

o wow. i didn't see the part about overpressurizing lpr.

Old 08-01-2006, 12:50 AM #6
TSparks

has been a member for 10 years
If his guage has "maxed out" then it sould be replaced as well.It's not going to be very accurate now
But marsupials do!
Because there FAAST!
Old 08-01-2006, 01:27 AM #7
shrimfririceeeee
God is real

wow and its a nice gauge.

big.!

Old 08-01-2006, 07:56 AM #8
Slider3
GGFE

Thanks Rhino, I'll do that today hopefully and post back here.

Team Gang Green
Old 08-01-2006, 08:54 AM #9
Slider3
GGFE

Repaced the o-rings in on the scm/lpr, I took out the core, everything looks good there. Still the same problem...

I may as well ask to make sure, I have 3 set screws in the holes of my MAC noid (holes in the sides). Based off of where they were in my old noid, i put them in the same holes, the side with two holes are both filled, and the the middle hole of the side with three holes has a screw in it. I just want to make sure this is correct, and that by some act of magic a set screw was lost from one of these holes.

It seems as though I am running out of things to check, but any more ideas are much appreciated.

My worst fear is that somehow because of the broken o-ring or something i blew out my new noid as soon as it went in...
Hmmmm, it seems that is unlikely though... When i slowly pressurize the marker and keep it at around 80 psi i can shoot, so the noid is still activiating and firing. Man, i have no idea what could be the problem.

Team Gang Green
Old 08-01-2006, 09:18 AM #10
PillsburyDoughboy
CondomDealerExtraordinair

PillsburyDoughboy is a Supporting Member
PillsburyDoughboy helped look for balloons
PillsburyDoughboy has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
so send it to dc! its only 20 bucks....+ shipping

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=638985
I love dirty dirty house music....
Old 08-01-2006, 09:25 AM #11
Smeek
I R pukeboy

Annual Supporting Member
Smeek is a Supporting Member
Smeek is a founding member
Smeek plays in the USPL
Smeek supports Bob Gurnsey
Smeek supports our troops
If your gauge is still maxing out you still have a problem with the LPR, if not the HPR as well. The leaking could be due to excessive pressure, the excessive pressure can also blow solenoids, but like you said the solenoid should be good if it's still cycling at the lower pressure.
Old 08-01-2006, 09:42 AM #12
Slider3
GGFE

Well i'm leaving in three weeks to go back to school, so i wanted to get it done at home to be able to play a few times with it. If its not fixed by then i will probably send it to DC, but I like being able to fix things on my own.

I'll lookat the lpr and hpr again, hopefully ill find something.

I'll check back in later. Thanks again.

Team Gang Green
Old 08-01-2006, 04:13 PM #13
Rhino1XL
Put a SPRING in it!!!

Annual Supporting Member
Rhino1XL helped look for balloons
Rhino1XL plays in the APPA D4 division
It's still the LPR..... for some reason, high pressure air is getting past the lpr and into the noid area. Make sure and replace all the o-rings on the LPR, just dont check them, but actually replace em'. Also make sure the piston oring on the LPR is replaced as well.
Old 08-01-2006, 05:47 PM #14
VicodinES
The Widow's Son

something to consider is that one of the LPR o-rings is getting dislodged when you put it in. A trick I learned from logan1891 is to take out the sidewinder and slowly jiggle the lpr in as it goes in. Keep an eye on the o-rings as you push it in, and make sure that they are all seated correctly. I've had a similar problem with mine when I took out my lpr to deal with a creep problem.
Old 08-01-2006, 07:40 PM #15
Slider3
GGFE

Update: My supply of o-rings has run out for the time being untill i go to the hardware store, so i started doing some more investigative activities. After some clever parts assembly, I was able to determine that the sidewinder is operating properly, keeping pressure to 200 psi, so that is not the problem. I have also determined that just about all of that pressure is traveling throught the gun when gased up.

Therefore it seems as though all suggestions that the lpr is the problem were correct. There is also a small leak out through the front of the lpr, further supporting this hypothesis.
I have already replaced all the o-rings in the lpr that came with the aka o-ring kit (i am dissapointed that the o-ring kit did not actually contain all the o-rings needed in the gun), so once I go to the hardware store the rest will be replaced.

Vicodin: i have been using the sidewinder trick to install the lpr and have gotten quite good at it by this point from doing it so many times the past 2 days

hopefully tomorrow will bring good news in the form of new o-rings and a leakless, correctly pressurized marker

Team Gang Green
Old 08-01-2006, 08:47 PM #16
Sparrow

Have you tried changing the battery?

Just kidding, I hope you get it fixed and I hope I never have this problem!

jt
Excalibur-custom blue #215
Old 08-01-2006, 09:36 PM #17
Slider3
GGFE

Hahaha... someone needed to say it; why break the trend of someone posting it in every single problems thread in existance

Team Gang Green
Old 08-01-2006, 10:11 PM #18
shrimfririceeeee
God is real

is your reg seat still there?

so what exactly is the problem now?

Old 08-02-2006, 05:03 AM #19
robfromabove
...taking over the world

Try putting a couple of drops of Extreme Lube in the ASA. The o-ring on my tank was leaking and a couple of drops directly on the o-ring actually sealed the leak.
Old 08-02-2006, 02:10 PM #20
Slider3
GGFE

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrimfririceeeee
is your reg seat still there?

so what exactly is the problem now?
reg seat is still there

hoping that the problem will be fixed with all new o-rings on the lpr

Team Gang Green
Old 08-03-2006, 12:26 PM #21
blastmaster7
Insert Witty Title Here

It could be your o-rings on the valve, that's what happened to me. No matter what I did it wouldn't stop leaking. Send it in to DC and they'll do a tune-up and replace bad o-rings for $20.