PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 09-05-2002, 10:29 AM #1
Chowmane99

has been a member for 10 years
Question What is your Regulator set at?

I have the JT Excellerator 6.0 and wonder what is the best setting for the Regulator.

The manual says "Set it between 650 - 800 psi" Never exceed 800 psi.

I have mine at 900 psi but when I shoot it goes down to about 600-700 psi until I stop then goes back to 850-900 psi.

Is this correct - I'm not chopping any balls at all (Using Diablo Blaze).

I haven't taken it to the field yet to check velocity (Must be 300 feet per second or below).

I was told to take it to the field and get the velocity to about 300 fps by adjusting the Regulator then fine tuning it with the Velocity Adjuster.

I just got the Marker Yesterday and shot about 300 balls (No Chops at all). Shoots really nice and fast but not sure if I have everything set up correctly.

Thanks,
Mike
JT Excellerator 6.0
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-05-2002, 05:07 PM #2
Chowmane99

Question Somebody got to have an answer???

Come on - Somebody here has the JT 6.0 and know what their Regulator is set at. (Mines at 800psi - is that good??)

Later,
Old 09-05-2002, 08:52 PM #3
jeso1

I've shot about 2 cases through my gun so far, and try to keep mine around 700-750 and everything is all good man. I would really like to experiment and get it as low as I possibly can, but need to do a little research first.

I heard that you should back your reg off untill i no longer re-cocks, and then turn it up untill everything just functions correctly. Then you are obviously at your "Optimal Operating Pressure"

My team mates both have amg's and no techs ever believe them, but they run their guns at 400! Which is mad low.

One
Jeso 1 | PRIME | CT
Old 12-04-2002, 12:40 PM #4
dye.evol
www.draztik.com

i put my reg on my 6.0 to about 500-600, when i first put my tank on, the reg guage goes to about 900, then i start shooting and it goes down to about 600-700, i try to keep it around 500, and then just turn up the velocity. i also cut my spring about 1/4 to keep velocity at a lower rate and wich stays around 270-300fps, and lowers the amount of chopping.
Old 12-09-2002, 09:08 AM #5
pshycic

Mine is at about 600. but how do I change this.
I just donīt know?? Please help me
Old 01-06-2003, 12:38 PM #6
ResQue349

First of all what are you using CO2 or compressed air?

If your using CO2 the reason why your psi is going up alot is that co2 is very sensitive to the temperature outside and it's very inconsistant. that's why your psi tends to go up and down alot.

Compare to compressed air you have more of a consistency than CO2 andyou won't see much of a difference with the psi

secondly, the 6.0 is a high pressure marker, if you go below 500 it will not be able to recock and if you go over 800 your going to blow every seal you have in your marker esspecially in the reg.

keep the psi @700 with compressed air (highly recommended) you'll notice a big difference at least i did.

some angles from factory come already set @ 700

unscrew the velocity screw till the top of screw is even with with the chrome piece, shot your marker see where your at on the chrono and work from there. Leave the cutting of the spring as a last resort. hope this helps you out.
Old 01-06-2003, 10:40 PM #7
XtremePBE99

From what ive heard(duno if its true) u should adjust the reg until just above where the gun will recock then use ur velocity adjuster to adjust the velocity(duno if its true someone lemme know) also what the person above me said if ur using co2 that is y the psi is continuesly(sp?)changing....co2 is a very unstable LIQUID and will often change the psi drastically....the reg will help a bit but co2 is not even near as consistent as n2....unless u have a really good reguklator
PMI Pure Energy Regulator
Dead On Drop Foward with on/off
Kingman Java vertical feed tube
Smart Parts 12" Progressive Barrel
Ricochet 2k Hopper
Old 01-07-2003, 01:40 PM #8
ResQue349

I heard that also, the only problem your going to have with that is, lets say your set @ 550 or even yet 600. when you start shooting your marker esspecially with co2 the psi is going to decrease if it decreases to the point of 500 it won't recock because your not going to have enough pressure for it to recock. And another thing is this is a high pressure marker it works better when it's high pressure. when you get to low you'll notice alot of ball breakage. thats why the manufacturers give you a range to put the pressure at. But to eachs own try it out, maybe it will work you'll never know until you try.
Old 01-07-2003, 06:16 PM #9
XtremePBE99

actually wont running ur reg at a lower pressure(this is with n2 cuz its more consistent)give u less ball breakage....thats y many people are now turing there guns into lp(low pressure )guns
Ricochet 2k Hopper
Old 01-08-2003, 09:51 PM #10
ResQue349

you could be correct, but the only problem there is no way at this moment a 6.0 can go LP there's no upgrades for it. Jt is not going to make any upgrades for it. Hopefully the after market companies will start.
Old 01-09-2003, 09:02 PM #11
XtremePBE99

from the looks of it......spyder parts should fit in it(though im not sure)and if i am correct then u could put lp spyder internals in there.....but im not sure if they work..
Ricochet 2k Hopper