PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 04-29-2001, 09:07 PM #1
-=ENjOy=-

has been a member for 10 years
Exclamation

Would an older Matrix (Pewter Grips) and a blue Warpfeed be worth $800? Someone is asking me if I want to buy them. I dont know how many times they were used, but I dont think its worth that much. I think $650-$700 would be a better price, whats your opinion?
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-29-2001, 09:17 PM #2
mr_mich
Too hot for TV.

mr_mich is a Supporting Member
well theres 2 things. a new matrix goes for around $700 (or at least it does around me). warp feeds are like 150 or 175. So that adds up to like 850 or 875. id say take off about 50 to 60 bucks cuz its used, and you get 800+. also, howd he get warp on the matrix? ive seen it done before, but its not that popular. send us a pic if possible.
Old 04-30-2001, 12:46 AM #3
-=ENjOy=-

i will ask him as soon as possible...
Old 04-30-2001, 12:47 AM #4
-=ENjOy=-

i meant for the pic. now i want it because hes asking $750...
Old 04-30-2001, 09:19 AM #5
Synergy

That sounds like a great deal! especially if he has the Warp Feed tuned up for the gun... Wow, no more skips! Jay
Old 04-30-2001, 07:32 PM #6
-=ENjOy=-

Question

what do you mean no more skips?
Old 04-30-2001, 08:54 PM #7
Synergy

when you are shooting 13 or 14 bps...the hopper cannot keep up with the gun....so it skips...instead of chopping.... It's when the bolt bounces off the ball. with the Warp Feed feeding your gun at 15 bps, it should eliminate skips. Jay
Old 04-30-2001, 09:03 PM #8
mr_mich
Too hot for TV.

hehe

yeah, also when it skips, you shoot like 8 to 10 blanks. but id rather skip 10 shots than chop 4 of em.
Old 04-30-2001, 09:21 PM #9
-=ENjOy=-

oh, ok, i see. thanks for the info. i hope im able to buy the stuff. i have heard so much good stuff about it...
Old 04-30-2001, 09:28 PM #10
mr_mich
Too hot for TV.

np

yeah...i heard the warp feeds are awesome...but the only thing i dont like about em is that they are heavy...but im a small guy, so you probably wont have a problem with it.
Old 04-30-2001, 11:51 PM #11
-=ENjOy=-

if they are not attached if i get it, because he said the warpfeed is brand new, how would i put it on?
Old 05-01-2001, 01:04 AM #12
Sir Hollis

HELL YES DO IT!!!!

I have a warp feed on my Matrix. It NEVER skips!!! It is well worth the money. I would probably pay 700-750 for it if I were you. You can find the Matrix between 600-700 (here in Texas). You can also buy the warp feed for under a hundred dollars used. It is very important that you go ahead and turn up the sensitivity level on the warp feed so it will keep up with the Matrix. As for how to put it on...you will screw the adaptor plate between your grip frame and the drop foward. You may need screws that are slightly longer than normal. The adaptor for the hose to the high rise is a different story. You have two choices. ONE: you can change the high rise to make the adaptor fit over the opening. or TWO: (what I did) I filed off the edges of the adaptor so it fits SMUGLY inside the high rise.

I will put pics up tomorrow. I need to take my marker to work and take some snap shots.

The pic I have included was taken before I filed down the adaptor.
Old 05-01-2001, 01:12 AM #13
-=ENjOy=-

omg, i want it so bad. i just hope he doesnt have anybody else willing to buy it, i dont have all the money yet.... so i hope hes a patient guy and can wait for me to make a little more. wait, can you use a gun like this in rookie tourneys?
Old 05-01-2001, 07:30 AM #14
mr_mich
Too hot for TV.

hehe

thats what i wanna know....im gettin it and i plan on playing either rookie or beginner tournaments at a local field, hogback mountain. hehe....how do they classify you in tournaments??
Old 05-01-2001, 03:30 PM #15
Sir Hollis

They dont classify you by the type of marker you use, They should classify you by the amount of tournys you have played. You can use any type of marker in a tourney as long as it is shooting semi only.
Old 05-01-2001, 06:18 PM #16
-=ENjOy=-

mr. mich

how many tournaments have you played already? i havent played any yet, hehe. i gotten pretty good in recball already. i just want to be confident in my gun, my spyder breaks down once in a while. i got a grip of money for my birthday though, so maybe that would help...
Old 05-01-2001, 07:48 PM #17
mr_mich
Too hot for TV.

hehe

actually....none yet. im in the same position as you. i have a piranha, but i cant compete with my friends mag even with it. then my sisters got involved, so they will need a new gun soon. so then my dad told me that i could sell em the gun for $200, take a couple hundred out of the bank, and hed pay a couple hundred for the rest of a brand new, high-end electro. ive looked through angels, e-mags, shockers, cockers, tribals, you name it, and i like the matrix best.
Old 05-01-2001, 08:53 PM #18
-=ENjOy=-

Thumbs up

thats cool how we are the same position. both my brothers are getting into it and i want to sell em my tricked spyder, but there like no way. if i sold it to them for like $150, id have enough. but even if i just get a new gun, my old one would get use...
Old 05-02-2001, 08:07 PM #19
-=ENjOy=-

thanks for the info guys! but i think i am just going to save up a bunch of money and buy everything new. i know im gonna need this info in the near future...
Old 05-06-2001, 09:53 PM #20
mr_mich
Too hot for TV.

id recommend getting a new gun, used tank, new revvy, and uh...that covers everything.
Old 05-06-2001, 10:28 PM #21
-=ENjOy=-

i meant new matrix and warp feed. (not to be mean)