Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2006, 03:36 PM #1051
ThePBMinistry (Banned)

Praise God! for your heart to get baptized!!! tak to your pastor but dont be suprized if they want you to attend the classes. Many churches have classes to talk people through the meaning of baptisim to make shure they arent just juping on the band wagon so to speak. But PRAISE GOD!

on a side note... Simmons is sending me a Brand new Scop for my hunting rifle! they said that my old scope was unrepairable. The also told me that since they dont make my old scope anymore that they are upgrading me to a Master Series Pro Hunter 3-10x44 since they dont make the Pro 50. Halleluja I will get to hunt this year, now if I can just get some ammo for sighting in... .338 win mag is expensive stuff
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-20-2006, 03:39 PM #1052
ShOcKeRbOi
NOLA Lethal

I need some help...

Ok, first off. I just got out of an 8 month relationship with a girl who I really had feelings for. Now, 2 months later, I'm starting to have feelings for another girl, and she likes me too. She asked me to come over to her house Friday night, but I'm not really sure about it because I don't know where it'll lead, as in I don't want it to lead to sex. I'm really not sure about it, could anyone help me out
Old 09-20-2006, 03:52 PM #1053
vijil
Giant Paintball Robot

If she's not a Christian, respectfully decline. If she is, it shouldn't be an issue... but if you think it will be, perhaps suggest you do something else. Maybe during the day sometime.

Last edited by vijil : 09-20-2006 at 03:54 PM.
Old 09-20-2006, 04:00 PM #1054
nabbiker3
stupidly stupid

Annual Supporting Member
have you talked to this girl what does she believe it might sound cheesy but tell her how you feel about that and if this is true for you tell her god comes first. i have been goin out with my girlfriend for 3 months before i met her i used to hangout with a ruffer crowd never did drugs or had sex but was definately pressured towards im 16 and i dont have my life sorted out for me but i know that god has a plan no matter how i view what happens so even if i break up with my girlfriend shes brought me closer to him. im not saying apply this to your problem but you could lead her closer to god she might have a warped opinoin of relationships. you dont have to preech to her but i know that my GF is the best thing thats happend to me cause when i asked her out she said god comes first and that night i sat down and i actually praid for the forst tiem in months and i realized how far away i had been. so dont worry you can say no you can say yes if you believe that you are strong anough to stand up for your beliefs then go out with her if not don't all i know is my wonderful girlfriend standing up for her beliefs led me back on track with god and ive been happy ever since. so in the end its up to you pray about it. i know its not like your gonna get a note or email saying go out with her or not but if its not ment to be shed say no or avoid you so just go with it and be strong. theres nothing wrong with bein christian so tell her that.
hope this helps
ben
Freestyle 8 and Promaster for Sale!

"Originally posted by ride4life: woooo 1000 e-points to nabbiker3!!!!!!!!!!!"
Old 09-20-2006, 04:07 PM #1055
pb_lij1
Woods ball is more fun!

Yo shocker boy check out 2 Timothy 2:22 (New King James Version)
22 Flee also youthful lusts; but pursue righteousness, faith, love, peace with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart.

This is very self explanitory. If you or her are going to lust affter the other then run! And I thought vijil had some good thoughts on the subject! So whammy!!!!!

I thought real men play paintball, but then I found that it takes a man like Jesus to teach you what a man is!
Old 09-20-2006, 04:11 PM #1056
Mastermind26
We are moons

Mastermind26 is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShOcKeRbOi
I need some help...

Ok, first off. I just got out of an 8 month relationship with a girl who I really had feelings for. Now, 2 months later, I'm starting to have feelings for another girl, and she likes me too. She asked me to come over to her house Friday night, but I'm not really sure about it because I don't know where it'll lead, as in I don't want it to lead to sex. I'm really not sure about it, could anyone help me out
What was the motive to come over (ie. study, hang out, talk, etc.)? If it is nothing more than a friendly invite, bring friends along. Make sure this is clear. Well no, I take it back. I should ask is she a christian? If so, then do the above and then she shouldn't mind. If she ins't "do not be unequally yoked".

BTW, Shocker Boi, might wanna change the last quote under your sig.

CK member #04 (???)

Last edited by Mastermind26 : 09-20-2006 at 04:37 PM.
Old 09-20-2006, 04:26 PM #1057
chimes
Romans 10:13

chimes is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Invite her to church.
Old 09-20-2006, 04:28 PM #1058
chimes
Romans 10:13

chimes is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePBMinistry
Simmons is sending me a Brand new Scop for my hunting rifle! they said that my old scope was unrepairable. The also told me that since they dont make my old scope anymore that they are upgrading me to a Master Series Pro Hunter 3-10x44 since they dont make the Pro 50. Halleluja I will get to hunt this year, now if I can just get some ammo for sighting in... .338 win mag is expensive stuff
What're you hunting, elephant? That's awesome on the scope though!
Old 09-20-2006, 04:41 PM #1059
ThePBMinistry (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShOcKeRbOi
I need some help...

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijil
If she's not a Christian, respectfully decline. If she is, it shouldn't be an issue... but if you think it will be, perhaps suggest you do something else. Maybe during the day sometime.

Shocker, First off I dont know how old you are so I am going to assume that you are under 18 (assuming there are parents to possibly be involved)

So you both like each other.. Cool! She asked you to come over friday night... Will her parents be home? What is the plan, Movie and popcorn with the parents? Studying for school stuff at the kitchen table? Did she pick friday because her parents wont be home? If the offered evning is something that is going to be in the wrong... Then offer an alternative, Go to the mall, Movie with another couple, Carnival, Church function, Pizza place, Family game place like Golf n stuff or arcade. If money is a factor mabey do it right after school, go have a picnic at a park, bring some friends, have her bring some friends. Offer to take her paintballing on saturday instead. there are so many options that would be safe.

I think that there is a way to tell this girl your worries in a mature manner that does not assume anything of her.

Tell her that you are a Christian
tell her that you try to live your life by the moral standards of the bible
tell her that you do not want to put her or yourself into a position that might compramise your morals
Tell her that you like her but that you want to make sure the you are spending time with her for the right reasons
Tell her that you would like to meet her parents
Tell her that you would love to take her to church on sunday
tell her that you would like to have mature conversations where you both can talk candidly about how you feel and what you belive.

Do all this, If she runs then she isnt good enough for you.
Old 09-20-2006, 05:15 PM #1060
ShOcKeRbOi
NOLA Lethal

Thanks a lot guys, I really appreciate all the help.
Old 09-20-2006, 05:21 PM #1061
akward silence
Deep Sea Diving

akward silence is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
akward silence is a top reviewer
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePBMinistry
Hope you are feein better now awkward. 43 degrees is a bit cold for this time of year, where did you more to again? that peach tea is soundin realy good right now mmmmm. If you ever get into that Hugry but dont feel like eating mood again, try eating some trail mix or a granola bar it will keep your body from getting all weird cause you dont have anything in your system and it will keep you from spiking from realy sugary stuff.
I ate a granola bar and that helped. I moved to Ofallon (south west) Illinois. 43 was crazy cold...i kinda liked it though. Id rather be cold than hot. Im super tired but i have this amazingly large honors lit project due monday then another next friday. Im going to try to knock out the one due monday tonight or tomorrow and then the other one by thursday. I have to read Slaughterhouse Five and write 10 pages of notes on what i think the author is saying through his words, good thing its due friday because i have to read the entire book still
OSTT GURU
Old 09-20-2006, 05:31 PM #1062
PBballa8536
Purdue

PBballa8536 plays in the PSP
PBballa8536 is an NCPA player
PBballa8536 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by chimes
Invite her to church.
that is a great idea, but most importantly put yourself in situations where you can succeed. can you fail, going to a movie with a bunch of friends, and you girlfriend. No. but you can fail going over to her house where noone could be home except you and her.

as guys we have to be careful, because if the opportuinty presents itself its hard to decline. Therefore, make sure the opportunity cannot present itself.
Old 09-20-2006, 05:32 PM #1063
wurthit4660
FARVA ON DUTY

wurthit4660 supports DLX Technology
hey akward u say that u live in O'Fallon,IL.?? I live in O'Fallon,MO.. not to far apart ya....I heard they closed the coliseum (the indoor pb field).. did u ever play there? Ever paly any fields in STL?? I usally play at Gateway..

Packing: Luxe What Else + Spire + Ninja 50/45 = Slaying Criminals

Law Enforcement For Life
"You didn't think we give pretty women tickets? You're right, we don't!
Old 09-20-2006, 05:35 PM #1064
akward silence
Deep Sea Diving

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBballa8536
that is a great idea, but most importantly put yourself in situations where you can succeed. can you fail, going to a movie with a bunch of friends, and you girlfriend. No. but you can fail going over to her house where noone could be home except you and her.

as guys we have to be careful, because if the opportuinty presents itself its hard to decline. Therefore, make sure the opportunity cannot present itself.
What about kissing? Is that considered "failing"? Im sorry if that is a stupid question, im just an ignorant teenager

Wurthit: Yeah, they closed the coliseum because somebody bought the building and they werent breaking even anyway. I usually play at wacky warriors, i think its in missouri.
OSTT GURU
Old 09-20-2006, 07:05 PM #1065
runningdeer

can you guys pray for my older sister, she needs to find a job and a christian husband. first post in christ krew oh yes. thank you guys
Old 09-20-2006, 07:14 PM #1066
vijil
Giant Paintball Robot

Once a very wise man told me that Christian dating is not about how close you can get without sinning, it's rather about how far apart you can stay without losing the friendship. Dating is about finding someone to marry, it's not about dating for the sake of dating - even though the world tells us it's an end unto itself.

Remember that the person you're kissing may well *not* end up marrying you. As a potential husband, how intimate do you feel it's ok for your wife to have been with her other boyfriends? The point is, keep her pure. If kissing is stepping over the line from "finding someone to marry" to "trying to see what it's like to already be married" - then you've gone too far.
Old 09-20-2006, 07:51 PM #1067
akward silence
Deep Sea Diving

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijil
Once a very wise man told me that Christian dating is not about how close you can get without sinning, it's rather about how far apart you can stay without losing the friendship. Dating is about finding someone to marry, it's not about dating for the sake of dating - even though the world tells us it's an end unto itself.

Remember that the person you're kissing may well *not* end up marrying you. As a potential husband, how intimate do you feel it's ok for your wife to have been with her other boyfriends? The point is, keep her pure. If kissing is stepping over the line from "finding someone to marry" to "trying to see what it's like to already be married" - then you've gone too far.
well said vijil, well said.

I thought dating was healthy though. My youth pastor (at my church in cali) said to date as many people as possible (only one at a time though )
OSTT GURU
Old 09-20-2006, 07:59 PM #1068
Mastermind26
We are moons

Quote:
Originally Posted by akward silence
well said vijil, well said.

I thought dating was healthy though. My youth pastor (at my church in cali) said to date as many people as possible (only one at a time though )
dating comes from the idea that you date/meet/go out with people to find your true love (romantisism). The Bible teaches the opposite: to love the person you marry. Love is not a feeling, but a commitment. Therefore you learn to love (as in the passages from Ephesians (5:25, 28-29 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself for her, 28 So husbands ought to love their own wives as their own bodies; he who loves his wife loves himself. 29 For no one ever hated his own flesh, but nourishes and cherishes it, just as the Lord does the church.). It is something God tells us to do and not to feel (it would read a whole lot different if it said husbands ought to feel love for their wives and if God felt love for His church because you can fall out of feeling in a moments notice).

Remember that love is a verb (action, not feeling)

CK member #04 (???)
Old 09-20-2006, 08:01 PM #1069
akward silence
Deep Sea Diving

oh...i gotcha.

By the way mastermind, John 14:17 was exactly what i needed. thanks for the help
OSTT GURU
Old 09-20-2006, 08:06 PM #1070
Mastermind26
We are moons

n e time..............

CK member #04 (???)
Old 09-20-2006, 08:07 PM #1071
akward silence
Deep Sea Diving

Yeah, now i just have to write a few pages explaining how it applies to modern society.
OSTT GURU
Closed Thread