PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2006, 12:48 AM #22
Equation Impulse (Banned)

has been a member for 10 years
Thanks guys! I appreciate the prayer, too! I will take your advice.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-30-2006, 03:22 AM #23
throwinallthepaint
im white

I'd like to further the discussion on tattoos...

In the post that mastermind made in the last thread one of the first few sentences stated to not tatoo yourself.

But a few posts after that another person posted say in that the only marks on your body should be those of caring, loving, sharing, etc.

I am just curious. My youth pastor has a interesting tattoo and alot of times people will ask about them and it is really easy for him to share the gospel because he already has their attention...
Old 07-30-2006, 10:48 AM #24
Mastermind26
We are moons

Mastermind26 is a Supporting Member
I believe they were under the same post topic by me. It (the marks of the cross) simply refers to being known for the things mentioned and not for what you show on your body.

I have heard the arguement for tatoos as being a witnessing tool, but that can be a source of bad testimony as well. It's like the bumper stickers that say "God loves you", but the driver is speeding down the road with complete disregard to the other drivers or the speed laws. He's bumper sticker speak the truth, but his actions speak louder than his words.

The phrase "seen and not heard" applies as well. When we say "I am a follower of Christ", but with our actions we show contrary.

Basically it boils down to what you really show yourself to be and not what you wear (on your body), say with your mouth or have on your car. Your actions (described as the marks of the cross: Praying, caring, loving, sharing, giving, bearing, feeling, daring to lay down your life on the line, forgetting what is left behind, willing to suffer loss (based on Matthew 10:39, Luke 9:62).

We are His workmanship, made in His image for all people to see and our identity rests in the knowledge of who we are created to be (rhymes).)
are what identify you as a christian to the world.

CK member #04 (???)
Old 07-30-2006, 02:20 PM #25
Boarder_and_PB'r
North Idaho Baller

My pastor has a tattoo, an ichthus. I would definantly not consider that to be "bad."
ebay Feedback
Old 07-30-2006, 03:31 PM #26
youngunner
Team DBSPAINTBALL.com

i was just reading this and thought it was amazing! i play paintball on a team up in everett washington (apollo yg) and this year i got that chance to go on a missions trip to mississippi. i thought God wanted me to go there for a while but then it came down to going on the trip or playing paintball with my team. i prayed for a while and God showed me that my 'missions field' this year was to be with my paintball team. so ya. how do i join the christ krew and what not?

Brendan
Apollo YG
Old 07-30-2006, 04:37 PM #27
Mastermind26
We are moons

There are also people who have tatoos from they were not christians. It doens't mean you have to get it removed with a laser. The scar we bear from our lives in the world are permanent.

Tatoos are not "bad" to some people or "good" to others. It is not the standard we measure them by. The standard should be what God says on the matter. The verse in Romans applies here:
Rom. 3:4 Certainly not! Indeed, let God be true but every man a liar. As it is written: "That You may be justified in Your words, And may overcome when You are judged."

We also have to take into consideration this tattoo fad. At one point a tatto was a taboo (no pun intended), now that it is more socially acceptable christians are jumping on the bandwagon. This society says tattoos are ok, does that make ok then? Certainly not! We would then have to follow the same logic for other things. This society says sex before marriage is ok (co-habitation as is the PC term now-a-days), does make it ok then? Certainly not! When we rationalize what a sin is and what it should/shouldn't be, then we make the judgement call and not God. However God says that He is judge (and a fair judge at that) and not we.

CK member #04 (???)
Old 07-30-2006, 07:42 PM #28

"Mastermind26," just out of curiousity, how do you bring Christianity to your paintball game? Do you shake hands after games and such? Just wondering.
Old 07-30-2006, 08:11 PM #29
Mastermind26
We are moons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equation Impulse
"Mastermind26," just out of curiousity, how do you bring Christianity to your paintball game? Do you shake hands after games and such? Just wondering.
Unfortunately, I don't get to play much because of family time plus other church duties I have (SS teacher, CC teacher, AWANA leader...etc). However I got started in paintball as a way to reach youth/be accepted. It was a great way to attract youth to our church group (though kinda pricey). That group went on to adult hood (and most left for other churches -some closer, some in their own language-). I have stayed with paintball for a couple of years now (I've only been playing for a total of 3-4).

What do I do? I generally invite the youth to an afternoon of fun playing paintball and then share the gospel in our youth group.
What do I do in the paintball field? I pray (visibly). Greet the other players in our "team" (usually walk-on games) and generally give a good testimony. If opportunity arises to preach/share the gospel there I do.

Is it easy? Nope, but it gets easier with time (practice makes perfect, in this case practice makes easier ).

Equation Impulse, did you want to continue the discussion we left off the last thread?

CK member #04 (???)
Old 07-30-2006, 08:26 PM #30
paintballmonkey069

wow mastermind i am a christ krew supportor and try to live a good life... but i am amazed by your vast knowledge of these verses and whatnot... i just wanted to say that... thanks
Old 07-30-2006, 08:51 PM #31
Mastermind26
We are moons

I can not take any credit for what I post. I have been a christian for more than 20 years. I have had my own battles and struggles to deal with. I know what the Scriptures say on matters because I have either had the same questions, dealt with the same sins or overall lived things through. My church has been a great source of knowledge and foundation for such matters. God has been so richly patient with me and has never let me be.

I have also had many years to study what God's Word says and we (in our church) emphasize verse memorization. A personal relationship with Christ and a solid daily walk are also building blocks to what I am today. Eventhough I have had my own ups and downs in my daily walk.

I still struggle, though my battles are in a different arena ( I now struggle with indifference, cold heart, etc.). I am far from perfect.

The "knowledge" I have attained is nothing in comparison to other true Bible heroes of today. There are brothers and sisters through out the world that literally memorize entire Bible books by the time they are 10. In china people rip pages from the Bible and memorize it (Bibles are illegal over there), pass it on and receive a different page (the army can take away your Bible and burn it, but they can't take away God's Word hidden in your hearts). The Jews were (don't know if they still practice this or not) known for memorizing the Pentateuch (first 5 books of the Bible) by age of 5-8(?) and the entire Talmud (OT) by adulthood (actually 18 and not the 13 age consideration for being an adult). I pale in comparison to true christians who live their lives in peril, but glad knowing that their fight (sometimes physical) yields eternal rewards.

I am sad to see how we have lost sight of what truely matters to us as christians and that is one of the reasons I openly share what I know. We need (and are instructed by God's Word) to sharpen each other. One day God will demand from each one of us what we did with Christ and for Christ. I am afraid I will hang my head in shame and I don't want that for me or for any of my brothers and sisters. The christian church (the ones that not only call themselves christians, but truely are) has grown into a giant that sleeps. The Bible says the following:

Romans 13:11-14
11 And do this, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep; for now our salvation is nearer than when we first believed.
12 The night is far spent, the day is at hand. Therefore let us cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armor of light.
13 Let us walk properly, as in the day, not in revelry and drunkenness, not in lewdness and lust, not in strife and envy.
14 But put on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make no provision for the flesh, to fulfill its lusts.

1 Thessalonians 5:6-10
6 Therefore let us not sleep, as others do, but let us watch and be sober.
7 For those who sleep, sleep at night, and those who get drunk are drunk at night.
8 But let us who are of the day be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love, and as a helmet the hope of salvation.
9 For God did not appoint us to wrath, but to obtain salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ,
10 who died for us, that whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with Him.

I am really humbled by your description of my "knowledge", knowing how very little I do know. All praise and thanks be to me Lord and Savior Jesus Christ who saw it fit to use me in this small way to minister to you all.

CK member #04 (???)
Old 07-30-2006, 08:59 PM #32
paintballmonkey069

i am still very thankful that you are here to pass the word of our Lord... i try to be as "good" as i can be... sometimes its good and other times i fail myself as being the person i want to be... but my favorite verse of mine and the first one i memorized was John 3:16...
Old 07-30-2006, 09:04 PM #33
Mastermind26
We are moons

And that is all that God wants. He wants you to share what you do know. Especially John 3:16 has been very effective (it is known as the Bible in a nut shell). Use it and thank you for sharing it with us.

My favorite passage has got to be Isaiah 4:30-31:
30 Even the youths shall faint and be weary, And the young men shall utterly fall,
31 But those who wait on the Lord Shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint.

It is beautiful in that it illustrates the strength we posses and how we fail miserably to do things in our own strength, but how MIGHTY our God is and the strength that He gives to be victorious!

CK member #04 (???)
Old 07-30-2006, 09:09 PM #34
paintballmonkey069

you have really inspired me to start to read the bible more and more and try to understand it more and more and try even harder to live a better life.... much love to mastermind
Old 07-30-2006, 09:20 PM #35
Mastermind26
We are moons

I pray that the small part I play will be a bigger you play in the life of another christian who needs to hear God's Word in their own life.

CK member #04 (???)
Old 07-30-2006, 09:33 PM #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastermind26
Equation Impulse, did you want to continue the discussion we left off the last thread?

I think you are referring to the questions that I had. In that case, no- you answered them well enough to make me understand. Thanks!

Thanks for the answer to my random question about paintball as well. But I also have another question for you, though it is kind of opinionated: do you feel that wanting a nice gun/upgrades is bad? It should be, since it breaks the commandment dealing with coveting, right?

Also, do you ever encounter resistance to your Christian movement? For instance, do people criticize you because you beleive so strongly in our Savior? I am sometimes, but I try to handle it with equanimity, and just express my love for Jesus. I hope that I do the right thing when these things happen.
Old 07-30-2006, 09:45 PM #37
TriggaHappyKid
•••Love™•••

Annual Supporting Member
TriggaHappyKid is a Supporting Member
Wow, I just got back from the Chi-Town Series. Im know I didn't directly minister to anyone but possibly through my actions. I had 2 very bad 1for1 calls against me. I took them very maturely. Me being the captain of my 5man I had to argue for myself on them and I didn't get anywhere with either. But I didn't get angry and I controlled myself which I am sure was God because I alone would have been struggling a lot.

Overall, it was a fun tourny. We played suprisingly good and if we didn't have those 2 1for1's called on us we would have won 3 of our 5 games for sure. We won 2 and the first 1for1 on my asa the ref checked me for a good minute and said i was clean than a minute later another ref ran over and called a 1for1. Thats after I had shot 2 of their 5 and another guy shot 1 of them. So we had a solid 5v2 and then the 1for brought it to a 3v2 and we ended up losing. Bad calls happen so I moved on.

The tourny was disorganized but it was still fun. My first major tourny and we ended up playing 2 d2 teams in our bracket and I was happy with how we preformed. Im glad that you guys and myself were praying for my anger because it would have been bad to explode on those refs those 2 times infront of everyone.
Old 07-30-2006, 09:55 PM #38
Mastermind26
We are moons

To answer your question:

to covet is to desire what someone else has. That indeed is a sin. It is like saying I want HIS gun!

However, you can have ambition/goals, that is not sin (and in fact is healthy). You can have an ambition to be someone in life, you can set goals of where you want to be in the future. God approves of these.

To want upgrades or new markers is fine (as long as it doesn't cross over to gun hoarding since it becomes a love of -think of 1 Tim. 6:10 For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil, for which some have strayed from the faith in their greediness, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.)

To answer the other question:

Seldom. I try to ignore (and for the most part I do) negative comments, looks, oppotisition in general since it is what GOD wants from me and I don't do things for people's approval. A great verse that always set things straight for me (and is a great source of courage when you do face criticism) is:
John 16:33 These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world." I try to associate with people who are like minded. The saying of tell me who you're with and I'll tell you who you are" applies.

Back to your other subject (not meaning to dwell on it, but having gone through this same difficulty) I can offer help:

1) you need to be held acountable. You need to find someone in whom you can confide (a friend who can literally be there to help).

2) It is a habit. You need to substitue the bad habit, with a new one.

3) avoid temptations (think of a drunk who is trying to kick the habit. One time he is crossing a bar and wills himself to not be tempted. He passes the bar and is so overjoyed to have "overcome" it that he decides to celebrate by having a drink!). Basically, do NOT put yourself in situations where you will be exposed/tempted. Do not be alone (that is where the friend comes in).

4) Pray continually. I set back is not the end. A battle lost is not the war.

5)Occupy your mind with God's Word/activities/hobbies (an empty mind is the devil's workshop).

CK member #04 (???)
Old 07-30-2006, 10:37 PM #39
TriggaHappyKid
•••Love™•••

Annual Supporting Member
Our main team took 3rd
1st CTP
2nd CTR2
3RD EVIL EMPIRE
4TH OUTBREAK 1

Out of like 35 teams or so. We would have made semis for sure minus my 2 1for1's lol.

Andrew Lang=me in someones jersey whose not on our team anymore.

3rd from right=me

Old 07-30-2006, 10:45 PM #40
ubduxxion
RIP Alex Myers

ubduxxion plays in the PSP
ubduxxion owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ubduxxion is an NCPA player
green burberry christ krew headband coming soon. im thinking about starting a christ krew headband appreciation thread.
Old 07-30-2006, 10:46 PM #41
ubduxxion
RIP Alex Myers

ubduxxion plays in the PSP
ubduxxion is an NCPA player
btw, can someone take a regular sized picture for me and shrink and make it say christ krew on it in cursive and make me an avatar? i would be so greatly appreciative of it.
Old 07-30-2006, 10:47 PM #42
TriggaHappyKid
•••Love™•••

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by ubduxxion
btw, can someone take a regular sized picture for me and shrink and make it say christ krew on it in cursive and make me an avatar? i would be so greatly appreciative of it.
Hit me up with a pic and I'll do it. Cursive is hard to read on avatars though. Just fyi.
Closed Thread