Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2006, 12:26 PM #211
Mastermind26
We are moons
 
Mastermind26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: SF Bay Area
Mastermind26 is a Supporting Member
This has nothing to do with paintball but everything to do with us as christians and our supoort for Israel. The Bible instructs to pray for Israel's safety. The Psalm below is a great prayer:
Psalm 83 (all)
1 A Song. A Psalm of Asaph. Do not keep silent, O God! Do not hold Your peace, And do not be still, O God!
2 For behold, Your enemies make a tumult; And those who hate You have lifted up their head.
3 They have taken crafty counsel against Your people, And consulted together against Your sheltered ones.
4 They have said, "Come, and let us cut them off from being a nation, That the name of Israel may be remembered no more."
5 For they have consulted together with one consent; They form a confederacy against You:
6 The tents of Edom and the Ishmaelites; Moab (now Syria) and the Hagrites;
7 Gebal, Ammon, and Amalek; Philistia (the west bank) with the inhabitants of Tyre (modern day Lebanon);
8 Assyria (Iran) also has joined with them; They have helped the children of Lot. Selah

9 Deal with them as with Midian, As with Sisera, As with Jabin at the Brook Kishon,
10 Who perished at En Dor, Who became as refuse on the earth.
11 Make their nobles like Oreb and like Zeeb, Yes, all their princes like Zebah and Zalmunna,
12 Who said, "Let us take for ourselves The pastures of God for a possession."
13 O my God, make them like the whirling dust, Like the chaff before the wind!
14 As the fire burns the woods, And as the flame sets the mountains on fire, 15 So pursue them with Your tempest, And frighten them with Your storm.
16 Fill their faces with shame, That they may seek Your name, O Lord.
17 Let them be confounded and dismayed forever; Yes, let them be put to shame and perish,
18 That they may know that You, whose name alone is the Lord, Are the Most High over all the earth.

The Bible also says this, concerning Israel :
Jer. 31:3 (God still loves Israel)
3 The Lord has appeared of old to me, saying: "Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting love; Therefore with lovingkindness I have drawn you.
Rom. 11:28 (God loves Israel because of the covenant with it's ancestors)
28 Concerning the gospel they are enemies for your sake, but concerning the election they are beloved for the sake of the fathers.
Zech 2:8 (Who ever hurts Israel, God will hurt)
8 For thus says the Lord of hosts: "He sent Me after glory, to the nations which plunder you; for he who touches you touches the apple of His eye.
__________________
†Christ † Krew†

CK member #04 (???)
Mastermind26 is offline  
Old 08-07-2006, 01:16 PM #212
akward silence
Deep Sea Diving
 
akward silence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Honolulu, HI
akward silence is BST Trusted
akward silence is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
akward silence is a top reviewer
akward silence is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by ubduxxion
hey guys i haven't posted in awhile because i have been pretty sick. i started feeling sick like 5 days ago. i went to my doctor and she informed me that they would have to take blood because i might have mono (mononucleosis). for any of you that care to know what im going through i can't eat or drink anything because it makes me vomit. i feel dizzy all the time. and last, i have a really sore throat. please pray that when the blood results come in tomorrow that i don't have mono and that ill get better soon. please also pray that my girlfriend doesn't catch what i have because she came to take care of me the first day i was sick. thanks and god bless.
i got mono last summer, i also had pnumonia and strep throat at the same time. I couldnt leave my bed for over a month (i could go to the bathroom but thats it). Its a very scary thing. I slept almost all the time...it was terrible. Right now my parents think i might be getting it again because i have lost my appetite completely and i have some of the other symptoms. They think its mono or gastroperesis (sp?). Im really praying it isnt gastro because thats a veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery bad thing to have. My mom has it but she's doing ok.

Pray for me because im being forced to tryout for my school's soccer team and i pretty sick right now and i dont want to play soccer anyway. Pray that it goes well. My parents think im being selfish by not wanting to tryout. IM SICK!!! jeeze...
__________________
+14/-0
2014 Forester XT
2008 335i
OSTT GURU
akward silence is online now  
Old 08-07-2006, 02:37 PM #213
Mastermind26
We are moons
 
Mastermind26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: SF Bay Area
Mastermind26 is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by akward silence
i got mono last summer, i also had pnumonia and strep throat at the same time. I couldnt leave my bed for over a month (i could go to the bathroom but thats it). Its a very scary thing. I slept almost all the time...it was terrible. Right now my parents think i might be getting it again because i have lost my appetite completely and i have some of the other symptoms. They think its mono or gastroperesis (sp?). Im really praying it isnt gastro because thats a veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery bad thing to have. My mom has it but she's doing ok.

Pray for me because im being forced to tryout for my school's soccer team and i pretty sick right now and i dont want to play soccer anyway. Pray that it goes well. My parents think im being selfish by not wanting to tryout. IM SICK!!! jeeze...
Sorry to sound ignorant, but what exactly is mono and how do you get it/cure it?

Try out for soccer it'll help you out with the running in PB
__________________
†Christ † Krew†

CK member #04 (???)
Mastermind26 is offline  
Old 08-07-2006, 04:10 PM #214
ubduxxion
RIP Alex Myers
 
ubduxxion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Philly, PA
ubduxxion plays in the PSP
ubduxxion owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ubduxxion owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ubduxxion is an NCPA player
mastermind not know something, a rare site. anyways mono is a horrible infection. it is caused by the Epstein-Barr virus. signs of mono include fever, sore throat, headaches, white patches on the back of your throat, swollen glands in your neck, feeling tired and not feeling hungry.
ubduxxion is offline  
Old 08-07-2006, 04:23 PM #215
Mastermind26
We are moons
 
Mastermind26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: SF Bay Area
Mastermind26 is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by ubduxxion
mastermind not know something, a rare site. anyways mono is a horrible infection. it is caused by the Epstein-Barr virus. signs of mono include fever, sore throat, headaches, white patches on the back of your throat, swollen glands in your neck, feeling tired and not feeling hungry.
Not at all. I learn something new everyday. Today was mono. IDK, but for some reason I thought it was a STD (glad to see it isn't).
__________________
†Christ † Krew†

CK member #04 (???)
Mastermind26 is offline  
Old 08-07-2006, 04:24 PM #216
moosecakes
GWC #33
 
moosecakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Costa Mesa, California
moosecakes is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastermind26
Not at all. I learn something new everyday. Today was mono. IDK, but for some reason I thought it was a STD (glad to see it isn't).
Not a STD by how people think of it mostly, but its mainly spread via kissing or sharing drinks so i could see where people consider it a STD.
__________________
2007 WRX Built gt35r
Old Feedback.82 Positive 0 Negative.

GWC
moosecakes is offline  
Old 08-07-2006, 04:25 PM #217
ubduxxion
RIP Alex Myers
 
ubduxxion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Philly, PA
ubduxxion plays in the PSP
ubduxxion owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ubduxxion owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ubduxxion is an NCPA player
its actually called the "kissing disease". so i guess you are in part right. although, there are others ways you can catch it. it is transferred through saliva.
ubduxxion is offline  
Old 08-07-2006, 04:34 PM #218
Mastermind26
We are moons
 
Mastermind26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: SF Bay Area
Mastermind26 is a Supporting Member
Well speaking in Bible terms, kissing is a form of sex (or in the very least anything that was NOT in innocence -as in making out).

Feels good to be in a topic that I am familiar in (JK)
__________________
†Christ † Krew†

CK member #04 (???)
Mastermind26 is offline  
Old 08-07-2006, 09:46 PM #219
ubduxxion
RIP Alex Myers
 
ubduxxion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Philly, PA
ubduxxion plays in the PSP
ubduxxion owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ubduxxion owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ubduxxion is an NCPA player
so technically, kissing is fornication? now im going to have to repent for almost everything i do.........gasp.
ubduxxion is offline  
Old 08-07-2006, 09:52 PM #220
Mastermind26
We are moons
 
Mastermind26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: SF Bay Area
Mastermind26 is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by ubduxxion
so technically, kissing is fornication? now im going to have to repent for almost everything i do.........gasp.
That is the standard God had set. Abstinance means abstaining from anything that causes arousel or causes a fantasy in the mind's eye. It used to be that a peck in the cheek was considered permissable, but full lip contact was INDEED considered a form of fornication thus this reference:

Matthew 5:27-28
27 "You have heard that it was said to those of old, 'You shall not commit adultery.'
28 But I say to you that whoever looks at a woman to lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

Our God IS a Holy God!
__________________
†Christ † Krew†

CK member #04 (???)
Mastermind26 is offline  
Old 08-07-2006, 11:23 PM #221
XtraBoy
.
 
XtraBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Mammoth Lakes, CA
 has been a member for 10 years
Guys i havent had time to stay up on everything in here...buuttttt

I'm seeing Hillsong United tomorrow! IM SO PSYCHED

they're playing at a church called "The Rock" (?) i think.. I dont even know where it is..i just know im going tomorrow!

If you dont know, Hillsong is the church that has been pumping out great worship songs like: Majesty, One Way, Take it all, etc.
__________________
"Originally posted by JD9940: xtraboy is full of win"
XtraBoy is offline  
Old 08-08-2006, 08:49 AM #222
mason_98
Team Fokai
 
mason_98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: 671 Guam, U.S.A.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastermind26
What a great weekend that was. I took my marker to the place where we went to have our family picnic and I got a couple of my brothers from church interested in paintball (well more like an extended family picnic)! We all got a chance to shoot some targets and I convinced a couple of them to come out and play in a couple of weeks. Can I get an AMEN!?

Also, yesterday we went out looking for a possible place to rent/buy for our church building. It was kinda uneventful, but for one thing, on the way to a closed deli/mart building we were approached by one of those popsicle street vendors. We (there were 5 of us) began to witness to him and he accepted Christ on the spot! We prayed, bought some popsicles (of course) and talked some more. Please pray for Fernando, his new found faith, that he can make time to attend church (works 12 hours days from 7-7, Tuesday through Sunday). Do I hear another AMEN!?

I had the opportunity to get introduce paintball and to introduce someone to God all in the same weekend, that is Ck in nutshell right there! Rejoice w/me brothers!
AMEN! for the great family picnic and another AMEN! for Fernando for accepting the Lord God into his heart. God is definitely in your presence, and may He continue to work in and through you.
mason_98 is offline  
Old 08-08-2006, 10:53 AM #223
Mastermind26
We are moons
 
Mastermind26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: SF Bay Area
Mastermind26 is a Supporting Member
TY and Thank God for this privilidge (rememebr even the Angel wish they had the chance to preach the Gospel!)


Did you ever make it out to Cali?
__________________
†Christ † Krew†

CK member #04 (???)
Mastermind26 is offline  
Old 08-08-2006, 11:25 AM #224
bobsbarricades
Always in your way =)
 
bobsbarricades's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: NoFlo
bobsbarricades plays in the APPA D5 division
Haha, yea I'm out there now. First time checking, imagine the odds

It's SOOO nice out here. A lot colder than I would've imagined, but I guess that's Florida talking. It's nice to see mountains again, they are a deffinately a welcome sight.

As for some of my earlier quanderies, I just read last night a real intersting versie in Romans (becomeing my second favorite book with each day - It's funny, it's almost like you have to be going through something personally before it really sticks out in your mind and you get it)

5-8
5One man considers one day more sacred than another; another man considers every day alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind.
6He who regards one day as special, does so to the Lord. He who eats meat, eats to the Lord, for he gives thanks to God; and he who abstains, does so to the Lord and gives thanks to God.
7For none of us lives to himself alone and none of us dies to himself alone. 8If we live, we live to the Lord; and if we die, we die to the Lord. So, whether we live or die, we belong to the Lord.

I know what Paul is talking about, and in his time he was more than likely inferring about specific rules that the Jews were stumbling about, but I also know what he's talking about in being confident and trusting what God has given you sense to see.

and also 22, 23

22So whatever you believe about these things keep between yourself and God. Blessed is the man who does not condemn himself by what he approves.
23But the man who has doubts is condemned if he eats, because his eating is not from faith; and everything that does not come from faith is sin.

Like above, do not let the doubt of the world creep into your faith. I can't let doubt in God's ability to fullfill the dreams he's put inside me get in the way of having those dreams fullfilled.

God always has answers in this cool little thing called the Bible and it amazes me constantly!
__________________
"Do you know why Satan is so angry all the time? Because whenever he works a particularly clever bit of mischief, God uses it to serve his own righteous purposes" -Orson Scott Card from Enders Shadow
bobsbarricades is offline  
Old 08-08-2006, 01:07 PM #225
Mastermind26
We are moons
 
Mastermind26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: SF Bay Area
Mastermind26 is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsbarricades
Haha, yea I'm out there now. First time checking, imagine the odds

It's SOOO nice out here. A lot colder than I would've imagined, but I guess that's Florida talking. It's nice to see mountains again, they are a deffinately a welcome sight.

As for some of my earlier quanderies, I just read last night a real intersting versie in Romans (becomeing my second favorite book with each day - It's funny, it's almost like you have to be going through something personally before it really sticks out in your mind and you get it)
So you're in Cali. too? Welcome bro! Yes, you are right. When we are going through specific battles in life The Bible speaks to us specifically! Isn't our God the greatest!?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsbarricades
5-8
5One man considers one day more sacred than another; another man considers every day alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind.
6He who regards one day as special, does so to the Lord. He who eats meat, eats to the Lord, for he gives thanks to God; and he who abstains, does so to the Lord and gives thanks to God.
7For none of us lives to himself alone and none of us dies to himself alone. 8If we live, we live to the Lord; and if we die, we die to the Lord. So, whether we live or die, we belong to the Lord.

I know what Paul is talking about, and in his time he was more than likely inferring about specific rules that the Jews were stumbling about, but I also know what he's talking about in being confident and trusting what God has given you sense to see.
Just for clarity it is chapter 14, if I remember correctly. This was dealing with the level of maturity amongst early christians where they still tried to live by the law and not eat certain things and keep certain days. However, God tells us that EVERYTHING we do is for God. So even if we disobey or sin, it is in God's name! That is the heaviest thing you could fathom! With great knowledge comes great responsibility! (no, not trying to quote spiderman). The other verse that closely ties to this is James 4:17
17 Therefore, to him who knows to do good and does not do it, to him it is sin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsbarricades
and also 22, 23

22So whatever you believe about these things keep between yourself and God. Blessed is the man who does not condemn himself by what he approves.
23But the man who has doubts is condemned if he eats, because his eating is not from faith; and everything that does not come from faith is sin.

Like above, do not let the doubt of the world creep into your faith. I can't let doubt in God's ability to fullfill the dreams he's put inside me get in the way of having those dreams fullfilled.

God always has answers in this cool little thing called the Bible and it amazes me constantly!
Thank you for sharing your insights. This should a model for us. This is how we exhort one another and motivate ourselves to follow God more closely. Thanks again and enjoy your visit.
__________________
†Christ † Krew†

CK member #04 (???)

Last edited by Mastermind26 : 08-08-2006 at 01:09 PM.
Mastermind26 is offline  
Old 08-08-2006, 02:08 PM #226
akward silence
Deep Sea Diving
 
akward silence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Honolulu, HI
akward silence is BST Trusted
akward silence is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
akward silence is a top reviewer
akward silence is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by moosecakes
Not a STD by how people think of it mostly, but its mainly spread via kissing or sharing drinks so i could see where people consider it a STD.
i know how i got it ...nothing that bad mind you, but my parents are slightly more watchful of me now. I officially registered for O'fallon Township Highschool today as a sophmore. My class list is cool, i got all these advance classes.

Period#:
1- Biology
2- Health (i took PE as a freshman which my counselor said was strange)
3- Special Drafting (ive taken all the drafting public school offers me so i get individual real-world assignments from my teacher, pretty cool in my opinion)
4-Oral Communications (im taking a test to get a higher level class, this is in place of my english class)
5-lunch
6-American Legal systems
7- Advanced Algebra 2 (yeah, it actually says advanced on my class list )

im taking some tests tomorrow to get into some higher level classes my parents are proud...
__________________
+14/-0
2014 Forester XT
2008 335i
OSTT GURU
akward silence is online now  
Old 08-08-2006, 03:35 PM #227
paintballmonkey069
 
 
paintballmonkey069's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: NE OHIO
sounds like fun bro... good luck on the tests
__________________
HK
paintballmonkey069 is offline  
Old 08-08-2006, 03:50 PM #228
ubduxxion
RIP Alex Myers
 
ubduxxion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Philly, PA
ubduxxion plays in the PSP
ubduxxion owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ubduxxion owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ubduxxion is an NCPA player
you take bio as a sophmore? i took it as a freshman. anyways good luck on your tests.
ubduxxion is offline  
Old 08-09-2006, 04:13 AM #229
XtraBoy
.
 
XtraBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Mammoth Lakes, CA
 has been a member for 10 years
guys...Hillsong United was absolutely stunning.. Our whole car was popping and jumping around for like an hour after we got out of the church (well, when we were sitting down in in-n-out)

and then we got into some serious talk.

but nevertheless....this was like, once in a life time worship. I got out of church, (Hear me now. I LOVE my church. I LOVE to worship my God. I've layed down myself a ton of times to honor my God. PLEASE view me as a strong christian)

I got out of church...feeling priviledged to go see them... I thanked our driver/friend so much.. it was such a BLESSING to be able to honor, and worship, and see Hillsong totally rock faces off.....wow guys.

oh, and since..well...God likes using me. I'm singing backup vocals... I am not a worship guy!!! I am musically challenged, this is such a wierd thing for me. but I'm super happy with my voice - I dont know if its good or bad..but im singing because God asked me to (we have a more that capable youth worship band) so pray for me. I shall be nervous.

<3
__________________
"Originally posted by JD9940: xtraboy is full of win"
XtraBoy is offline  
Old 08-09-2006, 08:58 AM #230
Mastermind26
We are moons
 
Mastermind26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: SF Bay Area
Mastermind26 is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by XtraBoy
but nevertheless....this was like, once in a life time worship. I got out of church, (Hear me now. I LOVE my church. I LOVE to worship my God. I've layed down myself a ton of times to honor my God. PLEASE view me as a strong christian)
I'm sorry, but what is your point? Are you being sarcastic? Just trying to understand you here.

Glad to hear you enjoyed the concert.
__________________
†Christ † Krew†

CK member #04 (???)
Mastermind26 is offline  
Old 08-09-2006, 12:34 PM #231
XtraBoy
.
 
XtraBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Mammoth Lakes, CA
 has been a member for 10 years
im trying to say that the worship was amazing.. I can imagine if i had just said "worship was amazing" somebody was going to come in here and say "Well you know what, it doesnt matter who the band is and where your worshipping, your worshipping the most high God and it should be amazing all the time".

Yes.True. But this was breath taking..I honestly dont have words for it.
__________________
"Originally posted by JD9940: xtraboy is full of win"
XtraBoy is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump