PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-04-2007, 01:49 PM #85
Tampa_USF2009
Mini Cooper S

Quote:
Originally Posted by dommer View Post
ive never heard that theroy before and it basically goes against everything i have heard from trainers at the gym and bodybuilding.com so please explain

no offence but those numbers dont sound all that great as far as strength goes
1st...if you do a heavy workout (muscle building) do not go for a 4+ mile run later that day...its not good for your body.(depending on how good your cardio is...1mi for out of shapers and say 8+ for much more experienced/stronger runners) ...simply put if you do a hard weight lifting workout, and a cardio workout that is just as hard...thats not good...youl need long rest time before you should workout again (youd need to rest at least the next day)...doing it one time wont hurt you but......youl lose motivation also by over working yourself and not seeing gains you want.

2nd...bout the numbers , haha im just kiddin idc... i was a small kid (and still am smaller than lots of my friends)...i went from video gamer loser who was chubby...and started from that...only ran for 2 1/2 months (not counting track) and lifted for 4 1/2 - 5months.....if you play football since 8th/9th grade and lift for 4 years (on and off obviously) id probly be benching alot more and what not...

meh i could care less about what gym guys do/or there theories (no offense or nothin)...im not into power-lifting and straining myself for the same gains that i would get doing something else...i want strength thats consistent(like an acrobat)...not explosive power when you have HUGE muscles but get tired o so very fast

i dont have much to back myself up on (given i havnt worked out or nuthin for 2yrs+) but when i did, i felt great and was so much stronger...and when your smaller, BIG numbers are hard to get without buffing up like a midget on steroids...
Tampa_USF2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 08:46 PM #86
danny-boi

tahnks ill try it out
danny-boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 11:45 PM #87
Raion
Girl w/a Gun

Raion plays in the APPA D5 division
someone needs to post aout stetches , warm up and cool downs to prevent injury
Raion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 07:13 AM #88
BEsRaider

BEsRaider owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
I train for my college wrestling team as well as competitive MMA. I weight lift 5 days a week, but a different mucsle group every day. Work your core (abs, lower chest and upper hips) every day. Now when I am weight lifting, I AM NOT MAXING OUT. I am in really good shape due to the work out schedule, so i tend to do more than most probably should. I warm up with a 1 mile run, then when I am done I end with 7 miles. I run 6 days a week totalling 50 miles. I run 8 miles a day and 9 on Saturdays. When i finish my run, I walk for about a quarter mile, because YOU DO NOT WANT TO SIT DOWN. All of the lactic acids running in your mucsles after a workout shouldn't come to a complete stop. Keep moving, even if it is walking in circles. Always stretch after my 1 mile warm up and after i am finished with my final run.
BEsRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 08:27 PM #89
Ziane

One more thing i haven't seen mentioned on this fourm yet. Within 30 minutes of the end of your work out its important to drink to milk (skim milk is the best option it actually has more protein than 1%, 2%, or whole but whatever suits your taste i guess), it helps rebuild your muscles. Which of course will make you gain muscle faster and lose fat just as quick. BTW gj with the tips so far
Ziane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 10:54 PM #90
Hawkeye1050 (Banned)
Dunno what to put here.

Actually, I find that my regular cross country and track practices do great for me in paintball. I usually end up doing a half an hour of running on Monday at a slower pace (around 9-9:30, running just easy enough to hold a conversation), then do speedwork on Tuesday, another distance run on Wednesday (around 35 minutes at an 8:30 mile pace), another speed workout on Thursday, then usually do what I did on Monday again for Friday. Speedwork is, to put it in terms for someone who doesn't do track (and would have no clue what I meant if I spoke using meters, so I'll use miles), can be anything from doing quick quarter mile runs to longer mile runs, where the goal is to get to get the fastest time possible that you can hit for each run you do. You want to keep your times consistant, but you shouldn't be holding back too much. For example, I run 200 meter runs (roughly 1/8 mile) at around 38 seconds with decent time to recover, and I can consistantly hit that time each time. You should really be pushing yourself during these speed workouts. The distance that you run each run in a speed workout doesn't have to be as long as a mile, I just end up doing that because I run long races for track. Since you won't be doing any long running, you might want to stay to around 1/4 mile, and maybe lower. Also, that little schedule is something quick I put together, and isn't exactly what I do every week, it changes often, but the general pattern of distance work and speed work is the same. It will really build up your leg muscles for paintball, although it may be tough in the beginning. It takes a week or two to get your body adjusted to constant running, so you may want to start off lighter.
Hawkeye1050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 08:39 AM #91
Harvolev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raion View Post
someone needs to post about stretches , warm up and cool downs to prevent injury
Here's a total 4 month workout designed for off season training for the larger players that want to commit from changing from an old school back guy to a new school front guy. This program is designed with paintball in mind.
This Includes stretches for warm up/cool down and a lot more.

http://www.frederictonaggression.com...pic.php?t=1066

This isn't too intense so for those already in shape I have another one that I use that is similar to the second and third stages. Also the plyometrics in this workout can always be substituted with an arrangement of leg exercises, but i believe that plyometrics is more paintball appropriate.

let me know what you guys think, and if you want another more intense workout, pm me and I'll e-mail you the one I use right now.
Harvolev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 10:48 PM #92
$TonyPizzle$
$CM$ UNIT

has been a member for 10 years
Run Alot, Pull ups, Push ups, Dips, Sprint.....

"I wish I could play like that kid Tony P." =(

http://www.pbnation.com/feedback.php?u=84770
$TonyPizzle$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 11:26 PM #93
daez
thursdae

daez owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
daez has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Can anyone point me to some good sites with information for working out and nutrition/diets. By working out, I mean anything I can do without weights, I don't have a weight set or access to a gym.

Thanks
daez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 05:19 AM #94
Vita

^ wow a year between posts... I'd like to see this thread keep going, the info's been great so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvolev View Post
Here's a total 4 month workout designed for off season training for the larger players that want to commit from changing from an old school back guy to a new school front guy. This program is designed with paintball in mind.
This Includes stretches for warm up/cool down and a lot more.

http://www.frederictonaggression.com...pic.php?t=1066

This isn't too intense so for those already in shape I have another one that I use that is similar to the second and third stages. Also the plyometrics in this workout can always be substituted with an arrangement of leg exercises, but i believe that plyometrics is more paintball appropriate.

let me know what you guys think, and if you want another more intense workout, pm me and I'll e-mail you the one I use right now.
MS Word seems to tell me I need permission or something to view the document... I'm really curious as to what this workout is like.. help would be great, cheers
Vita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 08:16 AM #95
xxxBlazexxx
Custom User Title...wait.

I'd just like to say that this thread is great. I've started running/lifting and it's drastically improved my game. I'm faster off the break, and I have more endurance. When everybody else is tired at the end of the day. I'm like, "c'mon guys, just one more game". Lol. Thanks again for all the great advice.
xxxBlazexxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 01:09 PM #96
iiNFAM0U5

just getting out there and running everyday helps a whole lot whether its fun or not and weights definitely help out as well
iiNFAM0U5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 11:59 AM #97
Darthdoug
CRU Paintball Player

Annual Supporting Member
Darthdoug plays in the PSP
Darthdoug donated to help Peyton Trent
Darthdoug owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Darthdoug supports our troops
Darthdoug plays in the APPA D3 division
- Running or any long distance endurance exercise will improve endurance and lose you some fat

- Interval training will train you for paintball specifically, get you some muscle, and lose you some fat

- Muscle / weight workouts will improve your power/speed, and get you some muscle... which will lose you some fat

All are great in the right program, and all are sabotaged by bat diet, so work on diet as well. The most basic rule of a good diet is... eat the right amount for your body and eat as little processed food as possible.
Darthdoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 12:00 AM #98
Pain-N-Panic

This is a great guide, especially for those people who are new to physical training. I also do not lift with my legs, only run. Just finished a 4 mile run.
Old 08-03-2009, 08:41 AM #99
Darthdoug
CRU Paintball Player

Annual Supporting Member
Running and muscle workouts for your legs give two different outcomes, most people can use both:

- Running builds muscular endurance and cardio... both are great goals
- Muscle-building leg workouts (weights) build muscle to make your legs stronger, more stable, more explosive, more injury resistant, and can be good cardio as well... all are great goals

Anyone who wants to use their legs in athletic competition should be doing both running and weights with their legs.
Old 08-07-2009, 08:04 PM #100
Imabigdeal

whey protein ftw
Imabigdeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 03:50 AM #101
[CMK]
DGS

[CMK] owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
[CMK] supports Team VICIOUS
[CMK] plays in the APPA D5 division
What is the best regimen for speed/cardio training?

I am 5' 7" and play snake.

Last edited by [CMK] : 08-23-2009 at 03:53 AM.
[CMK] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 11:32 AM #102
Darthdoug
CRU Paintball Player

Annual Supporting Member
CMK... one other question about your goals... are you overweight, right on weight, or thin?

For speed, you do speed, for explosive burst to start runs, you do weights as well. Cardio is for endurance.

How to do all those things depends on how much weight you're carrying around. If you're even 'slightly' overweight you'll be better off losing that weight first, then working on speed.