Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-27-2006, 06:33 PM #43
Outrageous
151 + moonshine=iWin

One thing I can swear by is swimming. It was look easy but if you honestly want some arm and leg muscles go swimming FAST. freestyle(the normal thing with you head in) and every time you go from one end to the other it's a 25. So do 400's and rest for a couple minutes. Swimming is one of the most sweatiest sports but because your completely covered in water you don't know it. It's also a great way to loose and keep off weight. I regret stopping my swim team but now I gotta get back into it to get where I want to go. Also look at goodwill/garage sale/newspaper and stuff for cheap weights for weightlifting.

PSN - jimmydamoose
Outrageous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-27-2006, 07:07 PM #44
OMGitsSpags

swimming owns.
OMGitsSpags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 08:06 PM #45
Loony

Loony owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
I mostly run everyonce and awhile and do push ups, crunches, curls, and sometimes tricep or upper/lower back work with free weights I have in my room. Should I be going until I can't? And then maybe putting down some whey protein?

I'm 6' 140lbs and I'm trying to gain weight...could anyone break down a plan for me to do throughout the week. I have a 25lbs DB I use.

Also, a kinda of time consuming task, maybe someone could layout their diet for us? What do you guys eat through out the week? I'm talking about someone that is really serious about nutrition, not Mr. Burger King or someone of the like.

Thanks guys!
Loony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 12:34 PM #46
Outrageous
151 + moonshine=iWin

I really can't help you alot but if you go to t-nation.com they've got alot of articles about that stuff. They have plenty of articles on just above everything.

PSN - jimmydamoose
Old 09-30-2006, 10:05 PM #47
01bmf
Healthy body, sick mind.

Your diet is going to be determined by what you're trying to do. If you want to gain weight, you should be taking in lean protein and lifting with heavier weights. You should be able to do ten reps of each exercise. If you can't, decrease the weight. If it's easy, increase the weight.
If you want to lose weight, you should be eating mostly vegetables with enough proteins and carbs to keep you going. The more fiber in your food, the better. Your exercise is running or swimming with calestenics to cut muscle. Run for time, not speed. 45 mins of a light run will do you better than 15 mins of a hard run. It's all about keeping your heart rate up. Give your body enough time to recover in between runs. Skip a day in between or you may develop shin splints or stress related pains. Make sure to do push-ups and squats to keep building strength. Do push-ups in sets of 10 or 20 several times a day. Don't try to lose weight with drugs, it will fail you in the end.
Diet and exercise will always depend on the individual and what you're trying to do. Very important...don't over do it to start out. Let your body adjust and gradually increase the exercise load.
01bmf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 01:12 PM #48
OMGitsSpags

Loony, are you trying to lose weight and build muscle, or build muscle weight. That would depend on what you're trying to do. Actually, you need a high protein, low carb/sodium/fat diet to do either. Chances are if you start lifting and doing cardiovascular activities, you're probably going to end up gaining weight, but it's going to LOOK as if you lost weight, becuase in fact, you've been losing fat mass. I suggest gettting a BFC~body fat counter and get your count before, and everyother month. If you do this, you WILL see an improvement (I never did, so when everyone tells me that i look so good, I don't see what they mean cuz I gained 25 lbs from weight lifting).

And, i'm going to PM you this information, but do you have one 25 lb dumbell, or 2? And do you have anything else you can use? I'm sure you can find something, but you have to let me know. Hope this helped.

-Mike.
Old 10-03-2006, 12:24 PM #49
djklever

good tips i think i shall try these

As you think. So shall you become.
djklever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 01:07 PM #50
Purkel

Purkel owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
what exercises would you suggest for my legs in paintball... im about 6'4" and ive got a swimmers body (meaning large upperbody but long skinny legs)

i have a real hard time doing the power squat that everyone suggests... being tall its hard to play small aztecs and bricks because most of the time im forced to play with on my knees. ive always had trouble "getting low" and after a long day of playing my legs usually kill me and my lower back hurts alot too.

im looking for suggestions on exercises that build endurance but not alot of muscle... im doing squats with very slow weights and high reps at the moment... but id appreciate more ideas.
Old 10-03-2006, 02:58 PM #51
Outrageous
151 + moonshine=iWin

thrusters. and do them like this:

1. 20sec as many reps and you can

2. 10 sec break NO MORE!

3. repeat 7 times. it's 4 minutes long but hurts.

PSN - jimmydamoose
Old 10-03-2006, 03:23 PM #52
Purkel

Purkel owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outrageous
thrusters. and do them like this:

1. 20sec as many reps and you can

2. 10 sec break NO MORE!

3. repeat 7 times. it's 4 minutes long but hurts.
whats a thruster?
Old 10-03-2006, 03:51 PM #53
OMGitsSpags

lol I'm not sure, but lunges will help, and also stretching, where you hold for 10 seconds...break...20 seconds...break....all the way to a minute. Just do a series of stretches.

If you don't know what lunges are, look on google, if you still can't find it, PM me and i'll be glad to help you out.

-Mike.
Old 10-03-2006, 04:16 PM #54
Outrageous
151 + moonshine=iWin

you squat down, free weights in each hand like your doing the bench press, and as you stand up straight you straighten out your arms. pics help alot......

http://www.t-nation.com/findArticle....4-046-training

that's the whole article.

PSN - jimmydamoose
Old 10-03-2006, 04:40 PM #55
OMGitsSpags

that seems pretty dangerous IMO, but at the same time, I don't care and I think i'm gonna try it.
Old 10-03-2006, 04:53 PM #56
Outrageous
151 + moonshine=iWin

dangerous....how?

PSN - jimmydamoose
Old 10-03-2006, 07:07 PM #57
OMGitsSpags

the body is not supposed to do that. Just from experience and from waht i've read. I mean, for an experienced person it's OK, but for some average guy who doens't know what he's doing it's not so good. Not saying anyone here is like that, just if they are, not the best thing to do.

I might try it though
Old 10-03-2006, 07:40 PM #58
SKillZThaTKills (Banned)

heres my contribution...
Stretching:
Bieng a front player you have to be able to tuck tight and low. If you work out and dont stretch your muscles out your muscles with tighten up. the way to avoid this is doing dynamic(Repeating Commonly used motions in a exercise and sport over and over multiple times) and static stretching(getting into a psotion that pulls on your muscles and hold that for 15 secounds), Static Stretches:
These are the easiest to do. You can do these while you are watching t.v on the couch. one example is toe touches, These are excellent to stretch out your legs
Dynamic Stretches:
These are harder to do and take some more time.
An example of these is to take a running motion(swinging your leg) and repeat it many times with each leg and have multiple reps.
There are two other types of stretching i dont recomend, one is patner streching, these are harmful to the body because your partner doesnt know if you are bieng hurt by this or not. The other is ballistic stretching, this is where you use jerky motions to stretch. One example is arm circles and neck stretches. you can damage the muscle and tendons with some of these.

Another part
The F.I.T principle:
This is easy and without this your workout wont be very helpful
Frequency
Intensity
Time
These are important parts because
1. if you work out once a month you will not get much gain, you have to work out multiple times a week. 5 days a week is great for building muscle and 3 days a week is great for losing pure fat.
2. If your work out is less than you are able to do then yu will gain nothing. Im not saying go out and lift 450 lbs on a bench press but to slowly challenge your body more and more. A good increase for this is 10 lbs a week.
3. if you only work out for 10 mins a day then you will still not gain much. a good time is 45 mins to an hour

And finally: SLEEP
Sleep is the most overlooked part of a workout. Most of your growing is done while you are sleeping. And this also gives you the energy too workout the next day. The best time for sleep after working out is 12 hours, the lowest I would go is 10 hours.

Peace
SKillZThaTKills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 10:09 PM #59
agent005
Since 1999

agent005 is an NCPA player
agent005 plays in the APPA D4 division
Its been a while since I last read this thread, and you didn't like when we made a new thread

While these drills are great for making yourself stronger, I feel you do not cover the whole spectrum of working out. Plus, I feel your running drills suck lol I have a new guide typed up with that stuff included, if you wanted to add it.

Plus, you do not empathize the necessity of stretching. Not stretching will seriously increase your chacnes of injury, as any workout, be it aerobic or anaerobic, will cause your muscles to contract and shrink. Not ideal for anyone. This is why athletes usually stretch before they work out-to counter-effect the muscle shrinkage, and afterwards, to actually stretch the muscles out.

Sorry for reviving an old thread, but it's better than making a new one.
Old 01-09-2007, 03:27 PM #60
zero skillet
Squat Till You Drop

has been a member for 10 years
If you want to build a base forge this junk.

Do the Bill Starr 5x5 routine.

You should not use machines at all when you have nothing on yourself. Its just going to hinder your growth.
Old 01-11-2007, 07:00 PM #61
mwslo93

i dont know about you guys but the best muscle gaining workout ive had is find a kickboxing class. it sounds stupid but you finght really you mowstly do high intesity and frequent workouts in like one hour . although it feels like 3 hours. what is so good about organic foods
It is also true that 89% of the percentage of people who are part of the 3% who havnt done somthing really have done it 90% of the time thus only 1% of paintballers actually tell 80% of the truth 50% of the time.
mwslo93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 10:27 PM #62
zero skillet
Squat Till You Drop

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwslo93 View Post
i dont know about you guys but the best muscle gaining workout ive had is find a kickboxing class. it sounds stupid but you finght really you mowstly do high intesity and frequent workouts in like one hour . although it feels like 3 hours. what is so good about organic foods
might get you conditioned but its not going to make you grow.
Old 01-14-2007, 01:39 AM #63
ThePwninator
Bow Down To He Who Pwns

I'm gonna have to start doing this stuff. I'm not in the best shape in the world 5'11", 158 lbs, %22 body fat, and I'm usually exhausted after a mile run. Idk if it's just lower body stuff because I do 10 reps with 30lb dbs then 10 with 20lb dbs and then 30ish reps with 12lbs (idk if this is bad for me) twice a week. Oh I'm 15 btw
Tippmann 98 Custom Pro, APE Rampage board (a.k.a. Rapeage board), J & J Ceramic Barrel 14", TechT Fang Trigger, Dead On Fore Grip, Hybrid Contract Killer Wrap Grips, Extreme Rage Overdrive Loader & running CO2.
If your parents DON'T pay for your paintball stuff, put this on your sig.
ThePwninator is offline   Reply With Quote