Community Focus

Old 02-11-2012, 12:42 AM #1
Chuck66

Chuck66 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Chuck66 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Chuck66 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Chuck66 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Funniest friendly fire shot you've ever had

Just interested to hear about any funny stories about accidentally shooting your teammate. Here's mine:

So off the break my friend decides to run in front of my stream of paintballs and takes 2 in the back he drops to the floor in pain because his back starts cramping up the reason this was so funny was because he literary dropped like someone who got shot by a bullet and began to drag himself with one arm to the nearest bunker while im hysterically laughing rolling on the ground behind a bunker. He brings it up any chance he gets and will never run infront of me off the break again.

Lets hear some of your stories
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-11-2012, 01:16 AM #2
Scrappy#13
Team Chaos

Scrappy#13 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Scrappy#13 supports Team VICIOUS
Scrappy#13 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Scrappy#13 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
well mine wasnt friendly fire per say but i was playing a game on 5on5 and my team had a buddy in full gear with his camera out snapping shots of the team while we played. I guess he was trying to get a better shot and ran down the tape and stood out the tape but from where i was (snake) he looked like he was behind a temple. he pointed his camera pointed towards me holding it with two hands. I saw the lense and thought it was a barrel pointed my way and sent a rope of paint his way. Mask shot...then i realized he was the camera guy...oops my bad haha he still hasnt let me live that one down.... thats the best i got. I felt like an idiot after shooting at my buddy for no reason it was good laugh tho.
Scrappy#13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 01:31 AM #3
Chuck66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappy#13 View Post
well mine wasnt friendly fire per say but i was playing a game on 5on5 and my team had a buddy in full gear with his camera out snapping shots of the team while we played. I guess he was trying to get a better shot and ran down the tape and stood out the tape but from where i was (snake) he looked like he was behind a temple. he pointed his camera pointed towards me holding it with two hands. I saw the lense and thought it was a barrel pointed my way and sent a rope of paint his way. Mask shot...then i realized he was the camera guy...oops my bad haha he still hasnt let me live that one down.... thats the best i got. I felt like an idiot after shooting at my buddy for no reason it was good laugh tho.
Lmao that's great hopefully you didn't lose your camera man after that incident
Old 02-11-2012, 01:37 AM #4
Scrappy#13
Team Chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck66 View Post
Lmao that's great hopefully you didn't lose your camera man after that incident
lol no he plays with us all the time but everytime he takes the camera out he always tells me "Remember what im wearing today Scrappy, OK?"
Old 02-11-2012, 01:44 AM #5
Pntblr55

Pntblr55 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Pntblr55 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Pntblr55 is attending Decay of Nations VI
Lolz just reminded me of some funny stuff.... I was playin on a day where it had rained all week and it was so muddy on the field we could barley walk but off the break i ran to the home bunker and shot some paint locked down the field then went to go to my right at full speed and hit a patch of mud infont of my bunker and my gun flew out of my hands and i grabed it mid air.... Little did i no the barrel was pressed directly aginst my thigh and i grabed the gun around my trigger and sent 2 right into my leg..... Got called out on my own shots.... If that counts as friendly fire lmao.
Pntblr55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 01:49 AM #6
Scrappy#13
Team Chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pntblr55 View Post
Lolz just reminded me of some funny stuff.... I was playin on a day where it had rained all week and it was so muddy on the field we could barley walk but off the break i ran to the home bunker and shot some paint locked down the field then went to go to my right at full speed and hit a patch of mud infont of my bunker and my gun flew out of my hands and i grabed it mid air.... Little did i no the barrel was pressed directly aginst my thigh and i grabed the gun around my trigger and sent 2 right into my leg..... Got called out on my own shots.... If that counts as friendly fire lmao.
lol I can relate to the mud on the field. the Paintball field on base is on an old golf course so when it rains it get slick enough your cleats slip some. Thats pretty funny, I bet it felt great shooting yourself from that close. lol
Old 02-11-2012, 01:58 AM #7
Chuck66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pntblr55 View Post
That's the ultimate friendly fire right there. One time my friend got his foot stuck it a huge mud hole during the game took his shoe and sock right off kept playing barefoot though
Old 02-11-2012, 02:11 AM #8
Scrappy#13
Team Chaos

Quote:
That's the ultimate friendly fire right there. One time my friend got his foot stuck it a huge mud hole during the game took his shoe and sock right off kept playing barefoot though
-_- You must of been playing woodsball because i have never seen a mudhole like that on any speedball field. -_-
Old 02-11-2012, 02:21 AM #9
Chuck66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappy#13 View Post
-_- You must of been playing woodsball because i have never seen a mudhole like that on any speedball field. -_-
Yea it was the day after alota rain he didn't go back for his shoe till after the game was over
Old 02-11-2012, 12:51 PM #10
Pntblr55

Pntblr55 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Pntblr55 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Pntblr55 is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappy#13

lol I can relate to the mud on the field. the Paintball field on base is on an old golf course so when it rains it get slick enough your cleats slip some. Thats pretty funny, I bet it felt great shooting yourself from that close. lol
Lol ya the frekin thing hurt but owell i got a kik out of it and so did the ref.
Pntblr55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 11:59 AM #11
dirtyTHREE3Oion
oops

dirtyTHREE3Oion posts videos on PbNation
dirtyTHREE3Oion plays in the APPA D5 division
my team and i just got done practicing at our home field and we still had some paint left over so we decided to play some rec ball. (now i play with these guys every weekend and we have the same colored gear and what not) off break we go to our bunkers my teammate who was at mid insert saw a guy running tape line tucked in his bunker and waited for him to pop out the other side. little did he know i had already shot him out and was moving up to fill in the bunker behind him he shot my five time in my side. that was the first time he did the same thing again two weeks later when we were playing on a woodsball field... next tourney we weren't doing to well (not making it to finals ) i waited till he got into mid insert and sent one to the back his head said pay back is a *****

back players gang
dirtyTHREE3Oion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 09:03 PM #12
GM2viking
Copaani mirshmure'cye vod

GM2viking is BST Trusted
GM2viking supports Cereal Killerz 2
GM2viking is playing at Living Legends V
GM2viking owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
GM2viking has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
GM2viking has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Little kid at the field had just got his first electro (invert mini)... Before the game he'd been playing around with the board and apparently accidentally left it on auto.
fast forward a bit to the first scenario game...
whistle blows, and this kid is also not used to a trigger with a microswitch, and lays down a 15bps stream in a 180 arc off the break... because of his height, he nailed myself and two other guys right in the junk. I made sure it got put back on semi after that game
Black/Blue Bob Long G6R
"Lava" Etek 3 LT
GM2viking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 08:33 PM #13
Cracker_35
Saltine or Graham?

Annual Supporting Member
Cracker_35 has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
Cracker_35 is Legendary
I'm playing some rec ball at my local field, playing some capture the flag with some renters.

Off the break, I take center rocket (hyperball) on our 40, and just camp there for a while, because I'm low on paint. After a while, I hear someone yelling "FLAG, FLAG, FLAG!!". In my mind, the only reason someone would be saying that is if someone is taking the flag. So I pop out, and sure enough, someone is grabbing the flag. I one ball him right in the ribs. At that point I realize he was on my team.

He drops, and is writhing around on the ground yelling and clutching his back. I run up to him, "I'm sorry!, I'm sorry!." Ref comes over, helps him out, and we continue playing.

I feel bad about it, but I guess it just put some hair on his chest.
Cracker_35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 05:03 PM #14
vb pballer
Colin HK

vb pballer owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
vb pballer plays in the APPA D5 division
vb pballer has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Semi finals of one of my first tournaments.
Right off the break my teammate pulls his gun up.
His barrel ends up going straight into the side of my mask.
Teammate apparently doesn't notice and starts his lane.
Paint tastes bad.
FLEX SALE
vb pballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 06:37 PM #15
Chuck66

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyTHREE3Oion View Post
my team and i just got done practicing at our home field and we still had some paint left over so we decided to play some rec ball. (now i play with these guys every weekend and we have the same colored gear and what not) off break we go to our bunkers my teammate who was at mid insert saw a guy running tape line tucked in his bunker and waited for him to pop out the other side. little did he know i had already shot him out and was moving up to fill in the bunker behind him he shot my five time in my side. that was the first time he did the same thing again two weeks later when we were playing on a woodsball field... next tourney we weren't doing to well (not making it to finals ) i waited till he got into mid insert and sent one to the back his head said pay back is a *****
lmao nice sweet revenge taking karma into your own hands lol
Old 02-28-2012, 06:42 PM #16
Chuck66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cracker_35 View Post
I'm playing some rec ball at my local field, playing some capture the flag with some renters.

Off the break, I take center rocket (hyperball) on our 40, and just camp there for a while, because I'm low on paint. After a while, I hear someone yelling "FLAG, FLAG, FLAG!!". In my mind, the only reason someone would be saying that is if someone is taking the flag. So I pop out, and sure enough, someone is grabbing the flag. I one ball him right in the ribs. At that point I realize he was on my team.

He drops, and is writhing around on the ground yelling and clutching his back. I run up to him, "I'm sorry!, I'm sorry!." Ref comes over, helps him out, and we continue playing.

I feel bad about it, but I guess it just put some hair on his chest.
Should have shot him again for writhing in pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM2viking View Post
Little kid at the field had just got his first electro (invert mini)... Before the game he'd been playing around with the board and apparently accidentally left it on auto.
fast forward a bit to the first scenario game...
whistle blows, and this kid is also not used to a trigger with a microswitch, and lays down a 15bps stream in a 180 arc off the break... because of his height, he nailed myself and two other guys right in the junk. I made sure it got put back on semi after that game
OW I woulda put that kid on the other team for some revenge next round
Old 03-02-2012, 04:49 PM #17
BeowulfDankil
Bear

BeowulfDankil has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
BeowulfDankil has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I was at senario and there where a bunch of that were out waiting for the time to go back in when we spotted someone with a different colored arm band that looked like the other teams. Little did we know that certain members on our team had a different color arm band for the role that they were playing. As soon as we got back in we lit him up. I'm the source of that to since I got everybody to focus aim on him.
BeowulfDankil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 05:00 PM #18
GM2viking

GM2viking is BST Trusted
Quote:
OW I woulda put that kid on the other team for some revenge next round
He's a good kid, and new to the sport, so he's bound to make other mistakes....

Plus we play on base, and his Dad outranks me by a lot, so that could be bad...
Black/Blue Bob Long G6R
"Lava" Etek 3 LT
Old 03-02-2012, 05:09 PM #19
GM2viking

GM2viking is BST Trusted
Almost forgot another, it's not REALLY friendly fire, since it was me shooting myself during a game... but anyway...

It had just rained pretty badly, and our field has poor drainage on one side, so when games move that way, someone is bound to be playing in up to three inches of water and mud. It happened to be my "turn."
I was behind a long low stack of tires and barrels in a shootout with two people. I decided I should change it up and slide back to get a better angle, but the watter had completely covered a tired that had fallen off the stack just behind me. As I was falling back I must have rotated in a funny way, cause the barrel of my gun ended up against my pants (the vented, not padded area just below the crotch)...
...I got shot in the mask since the fall put me in the open, I stand up, and the guy who shot me is like "dude, who almost got your balls?" I looked down, and THEN I actually felt everything. I had a bruise the size of a baseball for three weeks.
Black/Blue Bob Long G6R
"Lava" Etek 3 LT
Old 03-02-2012, 11:03 PM #20
Subterfuge
Arctic Wolf

has been a member for 10 years
I attract friendly fire all the time. It's frustrating when I almost make it behind the opposing team only to be shot by my own team. It's stupid.... who shoots somebody facing and shooting in the direction of the opposing team? WTF?
I usually check to be sure someone is not on my team if I see him running from the opposite side of the field. I always ask what side he started on in recball. Sometimes though when I am extremely hyped up on adrenaline I flip out on a ref and nail him perfectly center mass completely out of reflex.

About 10 years ago I was trying to take out this monster backman that would bring a case of paint on the field and just dump it all on anything and everything. Some dude slid into the bunker ahead of me and beckoned me to come over. As I baseball slid in I point blank shot him in the thigh.

I was trying to teach this new guy how to be a frontman. We were running through the woods all day together. This tourney woodsball team shows up and says they will own us. The first game I make it to their 40, and take out 3 people in the first 30 seconds of the game. I was able to lock down my primary bunker deep into their side of the field before they found their positions so I reeked absolute havoc helping my team win the game. The second game though, just as I was about to bunker the dude with the highest end gun on the other side, the dude that followed me all day shot me 5 times in the back of the head. I don't understand how he could mistake me after the entire day of training him. It was as if he was paid off.

Two players on my tourney team on this sup airball field shot each other at the same time they tripped over each other as I ran past them.

Lately on this certified field somewhere in Florida. I haven't been able to do anything spectacular. Mainly because my own team bonus balls me as I try to bunker or lockdown some dude on the other team. Everytime when I am feeling it. When I know I am going to take down a mass amount of people, I get shot out by my own damn team. It seems that most of the players play EXTREMELY conservative unloading a few pods of paint before moving 10 feet.
Subterfuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 12:22 AM #21
Chuck66

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM2viking View Post
He's a good kid, and new to the sport, so he's bound to make other mistakes....

Plus we play on base, and his Dad outranks me by a lot, so that could be bad...
OH that's a whole different story and yea mistakes like when me and my friend first started playing paintball after a game he walked up to me put the barrel right to my arm and was like don't worry its off pulled the trigger and bam huge welt and blood lol geuss you learn from mistakes lol