PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-05-2015, 09:11 PM #1
paintballchopper

DM 14 hyper 4 shim stack configuration

Hey Guys,

Need some help with the hyper 4 reg on my DM14. After a day of playing I noticed that the service nut in the bottom of the reg was rattling. I decided to take the reg cartridge out to tightening the retaining screws and all the reg shims fell out and bounced off my work table in 10 directions

I managed to collect 12 shims. Is that all of them? The manual shows the shim configuration to be ()()()()()(), but the picture they use of the shim stack shows 13 shims! Either the picture in the manual is wrong or there are 13 shims.

Can someone tell me if I'm missing a 13th shim? Attached a picture of the manual showing the 13th shim and a picture of how of my shim stack looks after putting it back together with 12 shims in ()()()()()() configuration. Am i screwed?

manual pict showing 13th shim

put it back together and it looks like this ()()()()()()

Thanks!

Chris
paintballchopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-05-2015, 09:58 PM #2
Razgriz2006
BG Falcon

Razgriz2006 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballchopper View Post
Hey Guys,

Need some help with the hyper 4 reg on my DM14. After a day of playing I noticed that the service nut in the bottom of the reg was rattling. I decided to take the reg cartridge out to tightening the retaining screws and all the reg shims fell out and bounced off my work table in 10 directions

I managed to collect 12 shims. Is that all of them? The manual shows the shim configuration to be ()()()()()(), but the picture they use of the shim stack shows 13 shims! Either the picture in the manual is wrong or there are 13 shims.

Can someone tell me if I'm missing a 13th shim? Attached a picture of the manual showing the 13th shim and a picture of how of my shim stack looks after putting it back together with 12 shims in ()()()()()() configuration. Am i screwed?

Thanks!

Chris
Its not a huge deal if you are missing one. It just changes how many turns out you have to get to operating pressure.

got pressure tester?
Razgriz2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 01:10 AM #3
paintballchopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razgriz2006 View Post
Its not a huge deal if you are missing one. It just changes how many turns out you have to get to operating pressure.

got pressure tester?
No pressure tester..On my list, heh. It's probably 12 shims. I'll try turning down the reg all the way and adjusting from there when I get some air so I can hit the fields this weekend. Gonna hit up dye as well to find out what's up with their manual.
paintballchopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 04:21 PM #4
grss429
Gun Tech! & Field owner

grss429 plays in the PSP
grss429 posts videos on PbNation
grss429 plays in the APPA D4 division
grss429 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
grss429 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballchopper View Post
No pressure tester..On my list, heh. It's probably 12 shims. I'll try turning down the reg all the way and adjusting from there when I get some air so I can hit the fields this weekend. Gonna hit up dye as well to find out what's up with their manual.
Nothing wrong with the manual it's indeed 13 shims 12 shims will be fine honestly

Turn the reg inwards till you feel resistance stop and do 4 complete 360 turns then hit the chrono and do the rest

BE SURE TO CHECK OUT MY FACEBOOK PAGE! WEBSITE COMING SOON www.facebook.com/bfinpbt

Owner/home field.
Come play at Nature of the game paintball in hampstead North Carolina (910) 270 2163
grss429 is offline   Reply With Quote