PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 07-22-2006, 11:16 PM #22
Fitz0975
b&

has been a member for 10 years
I didnt see any painted concrete. Soem parts of the turf were really matted down, and painted over though.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-22-2006, 11:18 PM #23
xsvballer101
Grasshopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by systemx29
i like how the california teams arent winning. i think it has to do with the climate,and i definatly think nppl will be having atleaste one event in the northeast from now on.
yes thats exactly why all the califorina teams are doing aweful at boston

btw SD aftermath is in 1st right now
Old 07-22-2006, 11:31 PM #24
pa1ntball 56
Hi my name isn't Titties

pa1ntball 56 plays in the PSP
pa1ntball 56 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
pa1ntball 56 is an NCPA player
pa1ntball 56 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
the turf sucks, its ripped up and they paint the blacktop green in the spots where the turf is non existant so u dont know where they are, the refs on the angel field were sub sub-par to say the least

besides that it is a great event
Old 07-22-2006, 11:33 PM #25
suddendeath
deadlyvenoms.com

turf sucks dry, especially in areas that it's bunching. wet, the turf is nice you can actually slide on it.

i don't like the fact that player saftey was not really considered. placing turf over asphalt with NO padding at all. although siding was not an issue, players could have gotten hurt if they fell wrong.

a rule that really pissed me off is if you are in the dead box, you can't even peak or look out the sides or you will get a player pulled (after 1 warning). i can sort of understand this but it's ridiculous in my opinion.
Old 07-22-2006, 11:36 PM #26
Fitz0975
b&

Quote:
Originally Posted by suddendeath
a rule that really pissed me off is if you are in the dead box, you can't even peak or look out the sides or you will get a player pulled (after 1 warning). i can sort of understand this but it's ridiculous in my opinion.
QFT x1000000000000
Old 07-23-2006, 07:15 AM #27
propluscocker04
Yes, thats me.

the weather has nothing to do with why xsv and dynasty arnt doing good. no need to make excuses.

it rained. thats it. it rains everywhere. it was also muggy. i could see if it was snowing but it wasnt and its not like they arnt used to hot weather or rain, its normal.

what we are seeing is the pro divison competition getting better and the rise of other great teams. the canes, nrg, evil and rage.

even if it was because of the weather, that must mean they cant be that good ne ways if they cant play in the rain...

psp texas was horrible and they still did fine.

peace

NEW FEEDBACK 29+ 0-!!!

OLD FEEDBACK 14+ 0-!!!
Old 07-23-2006, 09:02 AM #28
ImNotLeet
Not here

ImNotLeet supports Cereal Killerz 2
ImNotLeet owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ImNotLeet is for the Gunfight
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGGTASTICBOBO
Riiiighhhtt.... Since you see the WHOLE field and all when you're on the sidelines, right? Who's the idiot again? Maybe you should take some of your own advice there sport.
Pretty funny comeing from someone who hasn't even been there one day. I had a full field view due to being comped in V.I.P. black saturday wristband and having a friend who was playing. I don't even knoew why I'm argueing with someone who wasn't even there and is "going off his friends".
Old 07-23-2006, 09:12 AM #29
ImNotLeet
Not here

ImNotLeet supports Cereal Killerz 2
ImNotLeet owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ImNotLeet is for the Gunfight
on that note I met a kid who tore up his arm hitting one of those patch's yesterday. his hand and forearm were all messed up. The only fields I saw that were really off now and again were the ones by the watertower. The rain yesterday made for somw interesting slides It started pouring right as Dynasty hit the Nppl field.
Old 07-23-2006, 10:52 AM #30
Turbulence99

Reffing was fairly poor overall in my opinion and my team ended up on both sides of some bad (bush league) calls. Refs are supposed to pull players for sideline coaching last I checked and I've seen several games, and been part of one, where refs just waited till the end of the game to make a decision on it. Refs on some fields (empire mostly) were pulling people for sliding on paint into their bunkers. There were a lot of refs with a god complex running around trying to make calls when there needn't be one made. I will say though that everyone had to deal with the very amateur, inexperienced and poor reffing so I don't think it gave any teams a real advantage, it was all about who was lucky enough to get the calls.

On another note, the rain made things very interesting. The turf on all the fields I played (all but the Spyder and Angel) seemed just fine to slide on and the "patches" of missing turf that were painted green, from what I saw, was just some holes in the turf no bigger than a 2x2 inch square. Each field had a couple but unless you hit it really hard with no elbow or knee pads then you weren't gonna get injured by it. There's a reason why they allow knee and elbow pads too. I played snake the whole event and I didnt have a scratch on me despite diving in there every game. A couple teammates did have some torn pants and scrapes though because they werent wearing knee pads.

Overall, great event, great games, tons of vendors and a lot of fun. I hope they keep an event at Gillette every year.

Last edited by Turbulence99 : 07-23-2006 at 10:57 AM.
Old 07-23-2006, 03:52 PM #31
fodash1
N E X

my reffing experience.

first game of my first NPPL ever. 3 2 1 ten seconds. about 5 seconds into the ten second burn the other team turns early and ropes our whole team hitting me three times in the chest and once in the hand the ref holds the go until the other team all tags up then drops his hand.(at this time we're all confused) i make the corner and take the tapes only to get pulled instantly for the hit on my hand and i got a one for one. they ended up maxing us and none of there players were pulled.B S to the extreme. it was a terrible way to start and it ruined my whole weekend. way to go NPPL!
Follow and support the 2010 Hurricanes.
Click here to find them on Facebook and fan up! or Follow them on Twitter
Old 07-23-2006, 04:39 PM #32
hybrids
I try hard atleast....

The reffing lost a game for one team, as the 10 second burn went down, a kid in the stands yelled GO so one team went and began to shoot then the real reff yelled go 3 seconds after, nothing was done, the players hit even before break were pulled and the team that started early (at no fault of thier own) ended up winning, it was some real bull **** and i felt real bad for the kids that were ripped off...

EDIT: maybe the same story as above...
Old 07-23-2006, 04:43 PM #33
elfwoo2

elfwoo2 is a Paintball photographer
elfwoo2 plays in the APPA beginner division
i love how trauma and gridlock both got into finals and placed very high for their first event.
Old 07-23-2006, 05:02 PM #34
Pnk/Silv Sonic Borg
Pink/Silver Sonic Cyborg

I personally reffed one of the fields. i will not mention which one. i did walk every single field. yes, there were fields where the concrete was painted green, BUT..... there was already green on the concrete before nppl set up. the parts where you could actually see the concrete were just where the carpet was torn and accidently peeled back. its not like they tried to substitute asphalt for turf. lol.

--Sonic Cyborg #28 Pink/Silver fade (No Longer Mine)
Old 07-23-2006, 05:28 PM #35
PortagyPlaya12 (Banned)
1337 s0c0m p14y4

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by hybrids
The reffing lost a game for one team, as the 10 second burn went down, a kid in the stands yelled GO so one team went and began to shoot then the real reff yelled go 3 seconds after, nothing was done, the players hit even before break were pulled and the team that started early (at no fault of thier own) ended up winning, it was some real bull **** and i felt real bad for the kids that were ripped off...

EDIT: maybe the same story as above...
I think it was the same game. I heard about that from one of my friends. What day was it on?

I really enjoyed the event though. This was my first time going to an NPPL event. (Actually, it was my first event period.) I was there Saturday from 1-5. Besides the rain the weather was pretty good. A little cloudy but it was still pretty warm. There were tons of different vendors there. I've never seen that much paintball stuff in one place! Some of the vendors there were Spyder, JT, Angel, NPS, Alien, CP, and tons more. There were tons of different things to buy. Jerseys, Pants, Gloves, Gear Bags, Paint, Reballs, Masks, Parts, Tanks, Barrels, you name it, they had it. I got myself the 06 Empire Grind stuff for a resonable price. Games were pretty good. BTW the painted concrete thing that everyone is talking about is bull****. It's just because some of the turf was torn and ripped and it was curling up and coming apart. The games were still good though, despite the turf falling apart a bit. Because of the rain, players were making incredible slides. Most of the games were good IMO, but I'm suprised Dynasty played as bad as they did. I thought XSV was playing pretty good but apparently they didnt by looking at the stats...
I really really liked having the NPPL in Foxboro, and I would love to go back next year. Hopefully they will make it an annual event. It attracted a lot of people, and I got to see things I've never seen before. NPPL + Gillette Stadium =
Old 07-23-2006, 06:01 PM #36
matty84

matty84 is a Supporting Member
Grandstands sold out sat and sunday.

Reffing - It was good, but varied from field to field.

Turf - Everyone always *****es about the turf, but it was great for me. Yeah you had to wear pads cause of the concrete but it was not super slippery.

Overall event - It was a blast to play, and if the weather co-operated a little more it would be even better. I hope they have it at boston again.
Old 07-23-2006, 07:08 PM #37
judybats

ok....let me clear it up from someone who actually played on the fields in question(spyder, NPPL center court, Angel and eclipse)

The spyder firled on thursday HAD INDEED a huge 3x3 feet square right behind the 50 dorito which was painted green where there was NO turf....HOWEVER...when we went to play on the field on Friday(twice) There was a patch iof turf there.

The turf was AWESOME....they painted it right before the tourney...so even after rain and paint got on it...it was lois of traction but awesome to slide on...I supermanned into almost every bunker....and i NEVER even felt the slightest pain.

I thought rewffing was great!! There will ALWAYS in ANY fast paced judgement call sport mistakes.....there are TONS of calls that are made correctly....and so FEW that are blown thats why the blwon calls stick out liek a sore thumb,,,,.....anyhow...just my two cents

Brian
Armageddon DIII- 21st place
Old 07-23-2006, 07:25 PM #38
insane#2
Massacre

Reffing was fine, you honestly cannot expect reffs to see every hit. Come on be serious people, these arent super reffs they are human as you and me are. I really doubt any of you could do better so stop complaining.

Okay the turf looked decent but really none of the players complained much about it so really not much you can say about it.

The thing that really bugged me is how behind schedule the event was, how poorly it was planned, and the field set ups and the field placements.

1. Alot of the time the games were from 10 minutes to an hour behind schedule.

2. The field set ups werent that great but still nice to play on.

3. Field placements? come on that was ridiculous they made it honestly horrible for spectators. The players areas...come on way to big and way to extended, i seen alot of mothers that were trying to reach their sons even with athlete bands on that got denied access to see their sons, which was RIDICULOUS. Not to mention you could hardly watch any game comfortably because you were so limited to where you could go as a spectator.

4. The finals were planned horribly, they knew they would have a big turn out. They usually do every time, and they had ONE place to watch those finals. They could have easily pulled off more areas to spectate the finals, i watched about 100-150 people sitting around trying to watch the game and than furiously walking out of the event. I mean this was ridiculous one grand stand that could hold a max of what like 800 people before collapsing.
During the break or before the tournament they should have changed some things allowing more people to watch finals are there were about 300-400 people that could not watch.

I myself really did not find this tournament great at all. Boston was poorly planned out. Just imagine if all 3 days would have been great weather like friday was, boston was not ready for what they would have brought it. They would have been overflowed and would have been overpacked. If you listened to the local radio stations, they advertised this event on the radio, now what if alot of the boston area decided to come out, they were not ready for the turn out that they had gotten today.

Now im sitting in the westin pretty disappointed at this tournament. But oh well off to the next event.

Hell if anyone wants to chill tonight im up on the 4th floor lets ****ing party hah.
Old 07-24-2006, 12:48 AM #39
AGGTASTICBOBO
sup

AGGTASTICBOBO is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImNotLeet
Pretty funny comeing from someone who hasn't even been there one day. I had a full field view due to being comped in V.I.P. black saturday wristband and having a friend who was playing. I don't even knoew why I'm argueing with someone who wasn't even there and is "going off his friends".
Once you play a national event you can start running your mouth. Until then, shut the **** up. Look a couple posts above you, you stupid dip****. Several users which played the event posted that the blacktop was painted in some areas.
Old 07-24-2006, 12:54 AM #40
The Shocker Rocker

i played on the 4 fields that the pros didnt use, and im assuming they wouldnt spray paint the concrete green on the pro fields. im sure your friend was exagerating, because thats what it was like. the turf was no thicker than a half inch.

and to the guy who said it was cool and should be anual because the pros hung out, they do it at every event, its nothing special
609 boys by bradbphoto.com
Old 07-24-2006, 12:56 AM #41
AGGTASTICBOBO
sup

AGGTASTICBOBO is a Supporting Member
Well I'm also gathering that from several posts on this page.
Old 07-24-2006, 01:10 AM #42
EL Velcro (Banned)
hollywood

my opinion
Envious 5man > Angel Field Ref's