Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 04-29-2001, 06:35 PM #1
rooster

rooster is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Which one do you prefer?
I have the old version and it's great. But the new one looks intersting also. Anyone have the new style?
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-02-2001, 05:28 PM #2
Pump Player

I have an old version and its great. Im not going to go out and buy the new version.
Old 06-28-2001, 04:17 AM #3
DuBri
F*** the police

Dont get the new version. Try to find a local store with the old one. The new one has a messed up quick loading addaptor that does not work well and breaks easy.
Old 08-11-2001, 11:57 PM #4
CockersRule

i prefer the old pgp, with the quick loader (just push the 10 rnd tube into the slot, and push the pin away) I do like that the new pgp has the extended barrel though, it seems to be more accurate. still not worth it for me to buy a new pgp though. i like the old one

Adrenalin Angel LED <~~ For sale
2k cocker <~~ For sale
PGP <~~ For sale
RockClimbing27@AOL.com
Old 08-16-2001, 12:06 PM #5
IEatLocTite

Thumbs up pgp2

I have a pgp2 it rules... it comes with a fiber optic sight, when I got the gun at first I laughed at it, but then I tried it. I dubbed the pgp2 the ONLY gun worth using a site on it... if it had mounts I would put a scope on it. Furthermore, the velocity is adjustable up to (on mine) 315 fps, I'd like to see a stock old school pgp do that... As for the air adapter, I've had no problems with it I dunno what you guys are talking about.
~Peace~
lotsa other extras
Old 10-28-2001, 10:59 AM #6
SiLeNt 98
KRaZy

Thumbs up pgp2

i got the new one and love it.i havent had a problem with the tube thing u guys are talking about i like the way it doesnt stick out the back or the front
Silver SL-68II
Old 01-22-2002, 11:36 AM #7
amhildreth
Sheridan Sugardaddy

Annual Supporting Member
amhildreth is a Moderator
amhildreth is a Supporting Member
amhildreth donated to help Peyton Trent
amhildreth supports Bob Gurnsey
amhildreth supports our troops
New or old PGP?

I haven't tried the new one yet, but my old one is still a great backup. I just used it the other day, when my EXC ran out of paint. I set down the semi-auto, and snuck around with the PGP. Two guys got tagged by a gun that they had only heard of, but never seen before. Gotta stick with old reliable.

SCP, Carter's Commandos, CanCon
Old 01-22-2002, 07:49 PM #8
Bridger
pump/stock!

Quote:
Originally posted by the saint
the new and old one are the same just that the new one you dont shoot your fingers lol as for the loader sheridan makes a repair kit to fix it. and the sight works fine.
If you pollish the barel up it shoots fine. ITS A hand pump what else do you want ? to tell you the truth buy a PT EXTREAM that's a pistol to have you can put a bottom line and hopper on it for some hard core play ! the pgp holds like 9 balls that dont last to long and the TP is only 15 bucks more than the PGP.

I own both, so I think I am suitably qualified to answer

As for them being the same, they aren't exactly. The new one is MUCH MUCH easier to change 12 grams with. I can do it in a matter of seconds, which matters a lot in stock games, and especially in open class games. There is also a velocity adjustor included stock, which is much needed if you ever want to shoot faster than 230fps on cold days. Or if you'd like to chrono under 300 on hot days.

As for the new loader system, it's nice. However, part of mine has broken ( one of the rear fiber optic sights) so I can see how the whole thing could. As for the problems with feeding, those have been fixed if I recall correctly.

Anyway, if you're getting a PGP for the first time, pick up the first one unless you really care about the difference in barrel length. Keep in mind you are going to end up buying a fassst changer, speedloader, and velocity adjustor for the old style pgp anyway if you want to be able to use it comfortably. It can be used stock, but it's much nicer to be able to change co2 quickly and velocity.

Slap a Masse Machine speedloader on the new PGP and I think it's perfect.

*edit* forgot to rail against the PT Extreme heh.

Anyway, to me semi auto paintball pistol doesn't make much sense. The PT guns you will get about 10-15 useable shots out of a 12 gram, provided you can get it to a decent velocity (250fps) in the first place. Hell it's even bigger and chunkier than the new model PGP. In semi you will shoot those 10 shots and wonder where they went. With a PGP you will actually make your 11 shots (10 feed, 1 chambered) count. You will aim and you will get 25+ good shots on a 12 gram depending on the temperature. I'd hate to see performance on a PT in winter when I get 10-15 good shots on my PGP instead of the usual 25. But I change 12 grams after 20 shots anyway.

As for slapping a hopper and bottom line on it, WHY? Might as well by a Rebel then, they are the same gun in design afterall. Just another open bolt blowback, but made in Taiwan instead of the US.

And to top it all off, a PT is 125+ dollars, while a new PGP is around 100, and an old style is 80 new, or 30-50 used. And there ain't nothing wrong with a used PGP.

Last edited by Bridger : 01-22-2002 at 07:54 PM.
Old 01-22-2002, 11:47 PM #9
Bridger
pump/stock!

Quote:
Originally posted by the saint
the pt rules as far as side arms go put a hard line on it with a 4 oz tank and the hopper adapter if you want you better look in to this thing
Kind of defeats the purpose of it being a "sidearm" if you throw a hopper and tank, even a 4 oz, on it.
Old 01-23-2002, 08:39 AM #10
Finnigan

Yeah, but you come out of it with a REALLY compact little semi!

I've been thinking about setting my PGP up in a similar fassion to make a nice light and compact pump. A shoulder stock, 50 rnd hopper, and a little 4 oz and I'm set!
Old 01-24-2002, 01:01 PM #11
Bridger
pump/stock!

With a PGP I don't think it's so bad. It's just that the PT is nothing more than a Rebel which is a spyder clone to begin with. For the money you spend on that you might as well buy a more "normal" gun.

And when it comes to pistol use, I just think the PGP has the PT beat. With a semi you are more likely to shoot off those 10 rounds without aiming, or using 2 or 3 shots where one would have done the trick. Then there is the gas efficiency on a 12 gram, which is very important in any gun running off a 12 gram. The PT is just horrendous with that.
Old 01-24-2002, 03:31 PM #12
Finnigan

It's all a matter of taste! I know someone putting IMP kits on his PGP's. I'd rather put one on a PMI 1 or a Piranah long or short barrel!
Old 03-06-2002, 11:44 AM #13
SynTek
Big Brother With a Smile

SynTek is a Supporting Member
I also have an old model PGP and a new model. The old one has served me very well for quite a long time and is EXTREMELY durable. The new one has more plastic parts whichs is a bit of a disappointment. It is easeir to use however, reloading the paint is easy, just pull back and dump then push it foreward again. And it comes with a quick change (less than 2 turns to get the 12 gram out). Also with its extended barrel I was able to build a supressor and make it a great scenario game gun. I will get a pic up to show youse guys as soon as possible.
Old 03-06-2002, 05:09 PM #14
SiLeNt 98
KRaZy

well now with my new pgp the pump is hard as ****
Silver SL-68II