Old 09-03-2001, 11:19 PM #43
Gecko
Fat Red Head

Gecko is a Supporting Member
Gecko is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
had a bad touney this weekend
excal chooped twice, i almost cried
first chop since i have had the gun, 13 cases worth of paint........
fresh from the factory inferno and brand new battery
later in the day tried deliberatly chopping a ball, bolt bounced on the ball 8 times
going to have my freind machine me a bolt with no front oring and see if this fixes things...
Gecko
Head Tech
www.destructivecustoms.com
www.mattsoutback.com
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-03-2001, 11:21 PM #44
Shorty

Does the excalibur really need that o-ring on the front? My cocker only had 2 o-rings for the valve, and it didn't seem to mind.

But you'd still have the groove from the o-ring, which might still flip the ball...
Old 09-04-2001, 12:47 AM #45
DogBoy
SP makse me wana.......

DogBoy is a Supporting Member
CHOPS SUCK!!!!!!!!!

Gecko, whats your lpr set at?

when I called AKA on friday, Aaron said that they know about the "single ball fliping/skipping problem" and were testing out some new bolt designs to resolve it.

"never underestimate the predictability of stupidity"
Old 09-04-2001, 08:21 AM #46
Gecko
Fat Red Head

Gecko is a Supporting Member
Gecko is a founding member
fairly low........
has been dropped since aaron set it at 90 at skyball
my tool kit was supposed to be ordered about 4 weeks ago but the store messed up and just reordered it like last week
Gecko
Head Tech
www.destructivecustoms.com
www.mattsoutback.com
Old 09-04-2001, 11:43 AM #47
Styles *****ley
GREY POWER

Styles *****ley is a Supporting Member
Re: CHOPS SUCK!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by DogBoy

when I called AKA on friday, Aaron said that they know about the "single ball fliping/skipping problem" and were testing out some new bolt designs to resolve it.
Ah ha! Good, so the problem has apparently been found and is now being addressed.

No you do not the the front o-ring. I played awhile without it. Just make sure if you take it off that you don't have any blowback. Hell, I might take mine off again after thinking about it...
Old 09-07-2001, 07:57 PM #48
DogBoy
SP makse me wana.......

I just installed the Wicked Air Sports turbo rev board in my hopper and man is that thing fast. with the high rise and new rev board I tryed the 12.65bps (11 1 44 23) setting and had no problems with pinches. I had one blank shot or skip but the hopper was very low on paint and I was fanning the trigger the whole time. I ran a total of three hoppers full of paint, and I did it holding the marker as if I was playing (big back yard). Im playing on saturday and will report my findings good or bad, but for now the combo of the high rise and turbo rev has seemed to work.

Old 09-07-2001, 08:11 PM #49
Reciprocity

Thats good news. That is the exact setup I think I am going with. Tell me how it feeds/shoots when tilted to the side or downward/updward at about a 30 degree angle?
Excal #200 with New Board and New LED Tray.
Shocktech Rail Drop Forward.
68/45 Angel AIR.
www.walkonkings.com
Old 09-07-2001, 08:43 PM #50
DogBoy
SP makse me wana.......

I tilted the excal over on its side and shot a few like that with no pinches or skips, but I dont know if it was 30 degrees or not. I didnt hammer the triger with it tilted ether, only around 8-9 bps.

where is your firing point set that makes it so reactive? (in the front of the pull or near the back of the pull)

Old 09-07-2001, 08:52 PM #51
Reciprocity

I dont think the pull lenth matters much, but mine is really short. Then you can just tighten the allen screw in the trigger till it clicks, then loosen it enough to hear it click again. Thats about it. Pushing on the side of the trigger and holding it will allow you to shoot at the top ROF.
68/45 Angel AIR.
www.walkonkings.com
Old 09-07-2001, 08:58 PM #52
DogBoy
SP makse me wana.......

thanks for the tip.
I found this in the hopper forum, I think Ill try it.
www.pettypb.com/ballwacker.html

Old 09-07-2001, 11:31 PM #53
Reciprocity

Whats the saying?

"if it aint broken, dont fix it"

I ordered my turbo rev board at the end of the pre-order time so it hasnt come yet. If it can feed my Excal at 12.65-13bps with or without a highrise, then I will probably be really happy with it and leave it be. Especially if I can shoot around bunkers without to many skips or stops. Otherwise, I think I will go all the way and get a Halo when it finally comes out.

One thing I do like about the ballwacker is that it wouldnt pinch any balls if they got stuck. But I dont honostly know if more paddles would actually do anything.
68/45 Angel AIR.
www.walkonkings.com
Old 09-10-2001, 12:22 AM #54
backblock

Has anybody tried increasing the bolt back time yet? This seams like it would help. To me the ball pinching problem is keeping me from liking this gun at this point. I really hope a solution is found soon.
Old 09-10-2001, 08:43 AM #55
Winnie
Team Inferno

even if it does pinch, it's not going to chop. it's not that big of a deal. now if you bought an angel it would be whip out the stick squegee & jam it down the barrel to reset the bolt & break a ball. then there's the matrix. the first time a guy let me try his out, he had to get a pair of pliers & pull the bolt "out " because it had gotten stuck in the back position. Impressed, lol. so if a shot skip here & there in rapid fire changes your mind about an excal, justlook at the other problems out there & compare. still shoot, or bust out the tools. not to mention that when the bolt sticks on an angel air hiss's out the barrel & can be heard across the field, which means that your about to be bunkered & you can't do a damn thing about it.
AKA "swirl" Excalibur #155
Factory Certified Excal Tech
http://home.kscable.com/theinferno/
Old 09-10-2001, 03:38 PM #56
Puckz
is your babies daddy...

Don't forget those 6 AA's will last 4-5 times longer than a 9v battery. As for impressiveness check out the videos at www.odesseypaintball.com

Quote:
Originally posted by Styles *****ley

As for the HALO, it will have to be VERY impressive for me to justify using 6 AA batteries, and the price tag.
Old 09-10-2001, 03:59 PM #57
Reciprocity

It is easier to find good rechargers for multiple AA's as well with nice features like Auto shut off. I have yet to see a 9v recharger with auto shut off. I just think that AA's and AAA's are more popular overall so the chargers usually cater to them more then 9v.
68/45 Angel AIR.
www.walkonkings.com
Old 09-10-2001, 04:07 PM #58
Poodie
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quote:
Originally posted by Winnie
even if it does pinch, it's not going to chop. it's not that big of a deal. now if you bought an angel it would be whip out the stick squegee & jam it down the barrel to reset the bolt & break a ball. so if a shot skip here & there in rapid fire changes your mind about an excal, justlook at the other problems out there & compare. still shoot, or bust out the tools. not to mention that when the bolt sticks on an angel air hiss's out the barrel & can be heard across the field, which means that your about to be bunkered & you can't do a damn thing about it.

I do appreciate the fact that the Excal doesnt usually chop, but skipping shots do matter. At a tourny last month I sometimes would come out of my bunker and stop on a ball 5 or 6 times. This kind of made me mad. I changed from my rechargable batts to regular energizers and still had the same problem. I shouldnt have to put a high rise on and buy a different hopper for my Excal to not skip shots. I didnt have any problems with my BM2K. I did chop with it which was the down side. I think I will buy a data cable and try to find some another setting. 10.5 worked for me in my first tourny and it will work for me again. Turning up the ROF I thought would be cool and shooting air in my room I can go nuts on it but if I cant shoot paint that fast then whats the point? I shouldnt be having this problem. I will post my results when I get my data cable and run some tests.

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21380
Old 09-10-2001, 05:06 PM #59
Winnie
Team Inferno

whats your lpr set at? & how old- how much paint have you put through it? i had a problem like that when i tried to set it too low to soon. try turning it up a little.
Old 09-10-2001, 05:17 PM #60
Poodie
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Stock LPR. I always ask Rizzo to lower mine but then forget about it and it doesnt get done. I have put probably like 12 or more cases through it. I have had it for a few months. The paint I shot was brand new Kickin' paint.

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21380
Old 09-10-2001, 06:30 PM #61
backblock

Winne< i dont want to get too much into a gun vs gun debate but you brought it up so here is my take. I put over 120K on my last angel and of those shots I had only two of those sevear chops you were talking about where the bolt got stuck. One of those times the valve was stuck open and i lost most of my air. Each time i was really whaling on the trigger. My excal on the other hand pinches a ball every 50 or so balls. When it does this it takes a few more pulls untill the next ball will come out. This completely ruins an attempt at a decent snap shot And almost caused me to get bunkered yesterday. Perhaps my feeding problem is worse than others. I am not dissing my excal I just really want to get it working better so i can be more confident playing with it. I am even willing to turn the rof to like 9.5 if i could be positive it would feed correctly every time. As of now i can shoot my cocker at least as fast as my excal.
Old 09-10-2001, 06:58 PM #62
Shorty

Backblock's experiences are the same as mine.
Old 09-10-2001, 09:25 PM #63
Winnie
Team Inferno

was not trying to start any gun vs. gun debate, lord knows i'm sick of that & it's all preference anyways. i was just speaking of my experiences with the other markers.
i wish i had a solution to your problem, but i have not had that arise in mine or any of the rest of the team's excals & we're all set at 12.65 - 13bps.
i will say that i did have a few problems when i first got mine( bad siliniod & reg core seat problems), but they were quick fix's & i've been 100% satisfied since.