Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 08-22-2001, 01:58 PM #1
fulnix

fulnix is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
fulnix is an NCPA player
Question Custom Blazer BBL?

I was wondering if any of you other Blazer owners out there have had bbl's milled down to fit the Blazer. If so what bbl works best for this, I'm assuming all you have to do is mill off the threads but I'm not sure if Angel bbls or Autococker bbls or whatever work best.
Thanks

Bringin ya mAd bUnKEr love since 1993
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-22-2001, 02:07 PM #2
prowler

fulnix,

For the last few weeks I have been toying around with the same idea... except I wanted to have a Freak system milled down to fit the Blazer. Long story short..... It couldnt be done. Craig looked into it and told me that there wasnt enough material to make a freak fit. Now... that doesnt mean that the barrel that you want to mill down wont fit. I know that lapco makes barrels for the Blazer. You may want to look into those.... otherwise I would call Palmers and ask to speak with someone there who can help you out.

Good luck..!
Old 08-22-2001, 02:17 PM #3
fulnix

fulnix is a founding member
fulnix is an NCPA player
well you answered my other question too. I wanted to put a freak on my Blazer...piSSa...oh well. I have a Lapco Bigshot and Autospirt already and I love them. Well Kelly (my Blazer) will just have to wait a bit longer for some new toys. Is there a bbl that works best to mill down though? My autospirit which I orderd from palmer was milled down I think cause it looks like there had been threads on it?

Bringin ya mAd bUnKEr love since 1993
Old 08-22-2001, 02:57 PM #4
prowler

Again.. your best bet it to contact PPS.
Old 08-24-2001, 10:22 AM #5
Ghostman

Ghostman is a founding member
Ghostman is for the Gunfight
What I did is call Steve of www.barrelsofamerica.com and told him what length, bore ,and porting I'd like. Very reasonably priced for brass barrels. Check it out.
Old 08-25-2001, 12:28 AM #6
prowler

BOA makes EXCELLENT barrles. I would call them if I were you. I believe that BOA makes the stock Blazer barrels... I could be wrong though...
Old 08-25-2001, 12:42 AM #7
Ghostman

Ghostman is a founding member
Ghostman is for the Gunfight
BOA I believe supplies Palmer with the brass barrels except Palmer's does the elliptical honing. I compared 2 nickel ported barrels I had Palmer's cost $115.00 and BOA was $80.00 and they looked exactly alike.
Old 08-27-2001, 10:30 PM #8
Blazini
doesn't care

If you're looking to cut an existing barrel down for the blazer use doc nickel recommends angel thread barrels due to the longer breech area. I have a friend with a freak set up for a blazer. I know the guy who did it had to make some sort of sleeve for the base due to the lack of cutting material like the guy said earlier.If you would like to contact the guy who did the work he can be contacted through http://www.crossfiresports.com his name is Joe Grabits. Get a hold of him and I'm sure he could hook you up.
Later
Blazini
Old 08-30-2001, 08:06 PM #9
Movie Guy

Why not get a Custom Products barrel kit and have each breech milled down???

They do make them for Angels, and I'm sure Doc, PPS, Timberwolf, or whoever else you can think of, will mill them down for you.

Enjoy

MG