PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 05-19-2006, 10:01 PM #1
pbrascal37

Rex R3view

I recieved the Rex r3 today and I must say I am very impressed. This will hopefully be a very detailed review and I hope that if any of you have questions you will ask to make this review more precise.

I recieved the box and my first impression is "wow, that is a nice gun" I flipped through the instruction manual to find out how to charge that battery. I was impressed that the instruction manual seemed to be much better than draguns right away. I moved on to see that it came with the wall charger and the manual explained that it would need to be charged for about 12 hours for the first few charges and that battery life would be a little pitiful for the first few charges. I proceeded to plug it in and noted that the battery charge port seems very solid and the cover seems near perfect to keep out debree (sp). Once I plugged the marker it actually says on the lcd screen how many volts the battery has as it goes through the charge.

While it charged I examined the entire marker and noticed its flawless matte finish and the simple styling of the milling and the non compexity to the entire marker. I was a little dissapointed the lp lines and fittings are on the outside of the marker but I think I can get over it with a mere 185 dollar price tag.

Also while it was charging I took the opportunity to read the instuction manual and am pleased to say that unlike my old tes manual it actually described every adjustment thoroughly and correctly. The lcd interface seemed easy enough to work with when reading the instruction manual and the diagrams were helpful (note: it has 9 ports on the board for different plugs).

Once it was done charging I decided to adjust the trigger since it felt a little sloppy when messing around with it. I was very happy to see that with the marker came EVERY allen wrench the marker needs and a couple extra o-rings and eye covers.

I decided to play around with the settings on the board to become familiar with the membrane pad (a very nice touch) and the actual settings. I was very impressed by the backlit screen and the size and ability to read the settings. Another awesome feature is the power save mode which turns off the lcd screen while the gun is in use but settings aren't being changed.

TIME FOR AIR!!!!
Set at 20 bps on semi and a full battery I hooked up my nitro tank that had about 1000 psi left in it.

The manual instructed the psi stay between 225 and 325. I screwed in my tank and the familiar feeling of the bottomline reg came back from when I owned my Odyssey 03m. I had turned the pressure all the way down and once the air was attatched I adjusted it straight to the minimum 225 psi since I would only be dry firing it for the moment. I also put on a J&J ceramic jsut to see the looks and it was a little on the loud side but it is only dry firing.
It was very fast and the marker was definitly able to keep up with my fingers with no effort whatso-ever. I was dissapointed that I ran out of air so quickly because shooting off a ton of shots was a breeze.

Now for the dry firing where I have the vid below.....

I have it set on 25 semi auto and note that I am not quite familiar with this trigger yet so its a little on the slow side. A vid with paint will be made sunday when we take a trip to the field.

Vid:
http://media.putfile.com/REXR3
Pictures:

Feedback +28:
Paintball is like drugs:
1. It costs too much money 2. It's addicting 3. once you try it you can't get enough 4.You mostly get a rush and you can't wait to do it again 5. You always end up hurting the people around you.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-19-2006, 10:04 PM #2
rottensquad07
Peter Griffin = HERO

has been a member for 10 years
nice man. I personally believe that the R3 is the best FASOR out there period.
Old 05-19-2006, 10:33 PM #3
gottabethejays (Banned)

i wish i could fix my old 03e=[
Old 05-19-2006, 10:46 PM #4
fishkid_91 (Banned)

Yeah great vid and gun

i wish i could fix my old 03e=[
you probobly can talk to rex about it w/ they get up and going tor cann odyssey
Old 05-19-2006, 11:11 PM #5
justplyn
www.ocdpaintball.com

Annual Supporting Member
justplyn is a Supporting Member
justplyn is BST Legit
justplyn owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
justplyn owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
justplyn supports our troops
justplyn owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Nice review! Mind if I post a link to it in my thread?
Old 05-19-2006, 11:15 PM #6
pbrascal37

yeah, no problem, I like that idea very much

Feedback +28:
Paintball is like drugs:
1. It costs too much money 2. It's addicting 3. once you try it you can't get enough 4.You mostly get a rush and you can't wait to do it again 5. You always end up hurting the people around you.
Old 05-20-2006, 03:20 PM #7
skatin707

what modes does it have? im considering one of these or a wrath LTD
Old 05-20-2006, 08:40 PM #8
Gazz
tempted owes me a harley

Gazz is a Supporting Member
semi, auto, 5 shot burst (at adjustable rates from 4-30 I think) and another mode where you can fire an adjustable amount of shots, but not at an adjustable rate.
Old 05-20-2006, 10:52 PM #9
pbrascal37

I noticed (maybe because my battery is low) it wouldn't even fire above 21 bps on full auto I don't think the noid like higher than that number

another cool fauture is that even when the eyes are on and there is no paint being read it will allow you to shoot once ever second as I guess "clearing shots" to allow the breech to be cleared of possibly lousy paint colors or a oddly read paint

Feedback +28:
Paintball is like drugs:
Old 05-21-2006, 02:36 PM #10
rottensquad07
Peter Griffin = HERO

I played with mine yesterday, and all I can say is WOW. They are really a bargain for what REX is selling them for!
Old 05-22-2006, 08:12 AM #11
Icedrelm

Annual Supporting Member
Icedrelm is a Supporting Member
Icedrelm owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbrascal37
I noticed (maybe because my battery is low) it wouldn't even fire above 21 bps on full auto I don't think the noid like higher than that number
As I under stand it, FASOR guns can cycle in the 22bps range, mabye more If you get a QEV. Me thinks you will get bad bad drop off at 30bps.

Jeff
Old 05-22-2006, 09:00 AM #12
Juno Trigger

hes right. you need a qev to keep the velocity steady. but if not, there shouldent be that bad of a drop off
Old 05-22-2006, 09:24 PM #13
rottensquad07
Peter Griffin = HERO

we tested my friends old O3E w/ QEV and aftermarket HPR to 25 BPS and there was no drop off. The gun is quite impressive.
Old 05-22-2006, 09:46 PM #14
pbrascal37

yeah, there will be a qev and new hpr and new barrel on this before june is up

Feedback +28:
Paintball is like drugs:
Old 05-23-2006, 07:24 AM #15
bigdaddy0015 (Banned)

the m2 is on ebay for buy now 99.99
Old 05-23-2006, 08:10 AM #16
Icedrelm

Annual Supporting Member
25 bps with QEV I can see But I dont think it can do 30 bps.

Jeff
Old 06-03-2006, 09:12 PM #17
g35x
Pump Player

so wheres the vid with paint?
=D
Old 06-04-2006, 06:31 PM #18
Gazz
tempted owes me a harley

Gazz is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by g35x
so wheres the vid with paint?
=D
http://www.*************.org/video/1...a123307538.htm

theres mine..on semi
Old 06-05-2006, 05:37 PM #19
kic311

hey do you know how to use the data port for software upgrades on the r3
Old 06-05-2006, 05:41 PM #20
Icedrelm

Annual Supporting Member
The data cable dosent exist, so umm you cant.

Jeff
Old 06-05-2006, 05:55 PM #21
Comrade PAvel

Here's a hint to everyone with r3s, you might want to check this cause i can save you alot of time later. Make sure that your eye cover wasn't tightened too much, because eventually the wire will be pinched too much and you'll need a new one. I've heard of people with o3s grinding off the bottom of their eye cover to fix this